Imad Wasim ends retirement, set to play T20Is for Pakistan leading up to and in ICC T20I World Cup 2024 [Post Updated #116]

Is Imad Wasim coming out of retirement leading up to the ICC T20I World Cup 2024 good for Pakistan?

• Total voters
Bro the hate is 35% Babar fans and 65% Rizwan fans. The majority will never be able to digest how Imad did the honest and right thing to keep Rizwan on the bench to ensure his team combination is not unbalanced to accommodate him….

Just like the Pakistan team is right now with Rizwan as a mainstay
@Rana nope why are you making it so simple, it’s not us vs them.

I’m one of the hardcore RIZWAN exposers and not his fan as you know it. But I can’t see absolute mediocrity like Imad come back into the team, we all know his maximum calibre which is not made for the national team.

I also don’t rate Shadab and Nawaz and hoping for them to be booted out. Imad is worse than them - at best he’s as bad as Shadab, so no way I would want his return.

@Rana nope why are you making it so simple, it’s not us vs them.

I’m one of the hardcore RIZWAN exposers and not his fan as you know it. But I can’t see absolute mediocrity like Imad come back into the team, we all know his maximum calibre which is not made for the national team.

I also don’t rate Shadab and Nawaz and hoping for them to be booted out. Imad is worse than them - at best he’s as bad as Shadab, so no way I would want his return.
Now is not the time to remove those who are not up to the mark in order to bring in, let’s say 3 new spin bowling all rounders.

Who would they be? Qasim Akram? Mehran Mumtaz? Arafat Minhas? Khushdil Shah? Ahsan Bhatti?

How much cricket have these guys played and where have they played it, against what level of opposition?

Bro it is too late for now, you have to go with the best you have. After the World Cup, you can start looking at the future. But at this moment, I wouldn’t want to take huge risks based on not enough evidence that the replacements will be better fits

Pakistan is exhibiting West Indies like symptoms with the board coaxing players to play for the national team from time to time.

Once a player has retired, or fixed matches or the like, that should be the end of his journey in country colours no matter what.

I would agree if I trusted the PCB to make competent decisions which would benefit Pakistan in the long run. But even approaching Imad shows they don't trust themselves, so in that case I can only agree on each individual decision, and this one I agree with.

Imad is back after so much hype but the real question is, HOW WILL YOU GUYS REACT IF HE FAILS BADLY IN THE UPCOMING SERIES OF HE GETS A CHANCE?
Find a better option then him, then it'd fine.

But if you bring mawaz back everyone will get an earful from me, I'll be advocating him to run for PM if I have to, if I see losers like nawaz again.

My only gripe has always been, if you're gonna drop someone, you better choose someone better, otherwise by this logic babar shpuld have been dropped for a hack like haris simply because haris outperformed him in a few games in 2022

One person translated this tweet very nicely, basically this:

"I announced retirement in December because I wanted to play T10, ILT20, BBL but if I had Central Contract I couldn't fullfil that commitment. So I decided to retire and earn money which is obviously more than PCB paying to me. As now only IPL is going on till WC and they would never ever pick me so I decided to remain loyal with Pakistan and decided to come back.

For me When there is No League then Country always comes first." - Imad Wasim in his tweet
That central contract would mean anything if he was actually being selected to play for Pakistan. Because without that it is just a sword hanging over your head that prevents you from earning money and putting food on the table for your family. Imad did what any thinking cricketer that is 35 years old and has limited time on his career would do.

And now, after he yet again proved people wrong by performing he was asked to come back for Pakistan, not the other way around.

Imad is back after so much hype but the real question is, HOW WILL YOU GUYS REACT IF HE FAILS BADLY IN THE UPCOMING SERIES OF HE GETS A CHANCE?
Imad is an average cricketer.

I opposed the calls for him to play the ODI World Cup since his wicket-taking record in 50 over cricket is awful.

However controlling the economy rate is more important in T20s - and one thing Imad's done over the years is consistently bowl 4 tight overs. That'll allow the other bowlers more freedom to attack.

All I want to know is why did you refer to his 2 losses from 2 games as 100%?

This was obviously said to mislead others because of your agenda.

It's actually your views that are aligned with Misbah fans. Like most of them, you've been blindly supporting RizBar and getting triggered by any criticism made towards them in recent years.

You claim to dislike Misbah but you end up grouping with his fans on here because you're a confused one.
He captained twice and lost both. According to that it's 100% loss record. Not sure why this fact is bothering you. Let's also not forget it was against Australia D as well which you guys mock Babar for scoring runs against.

I have critised both Babar and rizwan on numerous occasions. Just because I defend them against blind hate from guys like you and other don't mean I support them.

If you want to know what blind support is just looks at the lengths you have gone to defend Imad. Doesn't get worse than his 100% loss record which is triggering you while saying I am misleading people. How am I misleading people when I am stating facts?

This is what blind support is ignoring facts.

He captained twice and lost both. According to that it's 100% loss record. Not sure why this fact is bothering you. Let's also not forget it was against Australia D as well which you guys mock Babar for scoring runs against.

I have critised both Babar and rizwan on numerous occasions. Just because I defend them against blind hate from guys like you and other don't mean I support them.

If you want to know what blind support is just looks at the lengths you have gone to defend Imad. Doesn't get worse than his 100% loss record which is triggering you while saying I am misleading people. How am I misleading people when I am stating facts?

Coming from the guy who advocates rizwan over usman Khan when both completed within in the same team against the same bowlers.

you seriously judging someone based on 2 games?
going by your theory rizwan should have never played for pakistan or babar azam go and check their first few games for pakistan

I've never actually seen you critise babar. And rizwan you critiqued only once I believe in psl final.

Even then you refused to acknowledge usman Khan still outperformed him and rizwan is apparently some goat bat.

you seriously judging someone based on 2 games?
going by your theory rizwan should have never played for pakistan or babar azam go and check their first few games for pakistan
I am talking about captaincy. Anyone with an ounce of knowledge of cricket would have known Babar had the potential to be a Pakistani great at least same with rizwan who is already out greatest wk by a country mile.

Imad captained against Australia D and that too in UAE and lost both games.

Can you remind me where I said I am judging him. I just stated facts and now typically Imad fans can't handle it. Let him perform and become one of our best players in order to have a proper shot at captaincy.

I am talking about captaincy. Anyone with an ounce of knowledge of cricket would have known Babar had the potential to be a Pakistani great at least same with rizwan who is already out greatest wk by a country mile.

Imad captained against Australia D and that too in UAE and lost both games.

Can you remind me where I said I am judging him. I just stated facts and now typically Imad fans can't handle it. Let him perform and become one of our best players in order to have a proper shot at captaincy.
You're delusional if you think Babar and rizwan are our best players 😂😂.

Saud is ironically superior to both by miles, but they play him at no 5 which isn't suited, Saud at 3 would be miles superior to both of them.

Fakhar has played innings Bobby could only dream of, multiple ATG innings, Fakhar's form however declined ever since misbah came back and decided fakhar should be relegated away from the opening position.

Usman Khan in this tournament alone has humiliated rizwan left and right, black and blue, it isn't even funny.

Haris sohail if it wasn't for his injury, would be miles above both of them as well.

Hafeez against d strings ironically is superior to babar as well, hafeez was literally known as the guy who bashes these fodders but against quality bowling is beyond medicore and gets exposed.

Babar and rizwan very convientally vanish against good team in tournaments, this 2024 wc will be a repeat of 2022 wc, and bookmark this comment when that happens.

You'll go go go ga ga over their performances against Canada, USA, Ireland and these minnow nations, but come India or Australia they'll fall like a pack of decks.

I've never actually seen you critise babar. And rizwan you critiqued only once I believe in psl final.

Even then you refused to acknowledge usman Khan still outperformed him and rizwan is apparently some goat bat.
I have critised them on multiple occasions. This bring me to my point again that you can read or choose not to read

Imad announced retirement in December because he wanted to play T10, ILT20, BBL but if he had Central Contract so he couldn't fullfil that commitment. So he better decided to retire and earn money which was obviously more than PCB paying to him. As now only IPL is going on till WC and they would never ever pick him so he decided to remain loyal with Pakistan and decided to come back. What a master plan it was!

Imad announced retirement in December because he wanted to play T10, ILT20, BBL but if he had Central Contract so he couldn't fullfil that commitment. So he better decided to retire and earn money which was obviously more than PCB paying to him. As now only IPL is going on till WC and they would never ever pick him so he decided to remain loyal with Pakistan and decided to come back. What a master plan it was!
Well

It worked out brilliantly for him.

He captained twice and lost both. According to that it's 100% loss record.

Do you know what a snake oil salesman is? That's exactly how you come across.

Not sure why this fact is bothering you.

It doesn't bother me. Look I can only explain it to you, I can't understand it for you.

I have critised both Babar and rizwan on numerous occasions.

From what I remember you used to get triggered by anyone who would question the validity of them opening for Pakistan, So please cut out the crap.

Just because I defend them against blind hate from guys like you and other don't mean I support them.

I supported this opening combination and I even gave them a second chance despite their selfishness in the 2021 WT20 Semi-Final. The 2022 Asia Cup Final was the straw that broke the camel's back. It was at this moment where I could no longer justify this opening combination and I realised serious questions needed to be asked if one or both of them were even making the team on merit. I was proven correct after seeing how they performed during the 2022 WT20. Babar couldn't even score at run a ball in a WT20 tournament! Going by this information, is that blind hate or was it a justified stance based on conclusive evidence?

The truth is I knew both of them were going to fail in the last WT20, just like how I knew it was only a matter of time before Imad was going to be recalled by Pakistan. You're just one step behind and far too delusional to understand this. "Blind hatred". :ROFLMAO:

You're delusional if you think Babar and rizwan are our best players 😂😂.

Saud is ironically superior to both by miles, but they play him at no 5 which isn't suited, Saud at 3 would be miles superior to both of them.

Fakhar has played innings Bobby could only dream of, multiple ATG innings, Fakhar's form however declined ever since misbah came back and decided fakhar should be relegated away from the opening position.

Usman Khan in this tournament alone has humiliated rizwan left and right, black and blue, it isn't even funny.

Haris sohail if it wasn't for his injury, would be miles above both of them as well.

Hafeez against d strings ironically is superior to babar as well, hafeez was literally known as the guy who bashes these fodders but against quality bowling is beyond medicore and gets exposed.

Babar and rizwan very convientally vanish against good team in tournaments, this 2024 wc will be a repeat of 2022 wc, and bookmark this comment when that happens.

You'll go go go ga ga over their performances against Canada, USA, Ireland and these minnow nations, but come India or Australia they'll fall like a pack of decks.

Go look at Saud/Haris stats domestically compared to Babar Azam.

Fakhar is the only one who can destroy any attack on any ground against any opposition.

Go look at Saud/Haris stats domestically compared to Babar Azam.

Fakhar is the only one who can destroy any attack on any ground against any opposition.
Honestly those stats aren't don't matter, I've already debunked the stats argument 10x over.

Do you know what a snake oil salesman is? That's exactly how you come across.

It doesn't bother me. Look I can only explain it to you, I can't understand it for you.

From what I remember you used to get triggered by anyone who would question the validity of them opening for Pakistan, So please cut out the crap.

I supported this opening combination and I even gave them a second chance despite their selfishness in the 2021 WT20 Semi-Final. The 2022 Asia Cup Final was the straw that broke the camel's back. It was at this moment where I could no longer justify this opening combination and I realised serious questions needed to be asked if one or both of them were even making the team on merit. I was proven correct after seeing how they performed during the 2022 WT20. Babar couldn't even score at run a ball in a WT20 tournament! Going by this information, is that blind hate or was it a justified stance based on conclusive evidence?

The truth is I knew both of them were going to fail in the last WT20, just like how I knew it was only a matter of time before Imad was going to be recalled by Pakistan. You're just one step behind and far too delusional to understand this. "Blind hatred". :ROFLMAO:
Can you please answer does Imad have 100% loss as a captain for Pakistan yes or no? It's not difficult. If you read my post again he will be picked let him perform and become a key player than he deserves another shot at captaincy.

You don't need to run in circles defending his 100% loss record which is as bad as claiming his 25 runs in CT final were vital. If this is not blind support than I don't know what it is.

Now coming to Babar and rizwan. I defend him against posters who have no clue about cricket. People want them to be replaced by rubbish players like sharjeel ttfs like fakhar and the list goes on. I have said many times find better players than them and bin them both.

I have already stated rizwan shouldn't open in t20s in fact he shouldn't bat in the top order at all. But the problem is agenda driven posters completely ignore it. When I ask for people who should be his replacement. People throw in names like fakhar who flopped a million times at opening. Sharjeel another who can't even make a Psl team. Then they throw in names like Mohammed haris who has flopped in PSL and in Pakistan colours. Now we have another one in sahibzada farhan who has worse stats in domestic than rizwans international.

Usman Khan is another one who posters think he is some sort of world class talent while the fact is his batting potential is quite poor and is genuinely a lower order bat against pace.

Coming to Babar he flopped at the t20 world cup but has always been a solid t20 opener for us and I would want him to continue as a opener because as shown in the Psl and over the Year's he's comfortably our best bat. He should open with Saim for us.

Can you tell us which world calls batsmens are waiting in the wings to replace Babar and Rizwan?

Can you please answer does Imad have 100% loss as a captain for Pakistan yes or no? It's not difficult. If you read my post again he will be picked let him perform and become a key player than he deserves another shot at captaincy.

You don't need to run in circles defending his 100% loss record which is as bad as claiming his 25 runs in CT final were vital. If this is not blind support than I don't know what it is.

Now coming to Babar and rizwan. I defend him against posters who have no clue about cricket. People want them to be replaced by rubbish players like sharjeel ttfs like fakhar and the list goes on. I have said many times find better players than them and bin them both.

I have already stated rizwan shouldn't open in t20s in fact he shouldn't bat in the top order at all. But the problem is agenda driven posters completely ignore it. When I ask for people who should be his replacement. People throw in names like fakhar who flopped a million times at opening. Sharjeel another who can't even make a Psl team. Then they throw in names like Mohammed haris who has flopped in PSL and in Pakistan colours. Now we have another one in sahibzada farhan who has worse stats in domestic than rizwans international.

Usman Khan is another one who posters think he is some sort of world class talent while the fact is his batting potential is quite poor and is genuinely a lower order bat against pace.

Coming to Babar he flopped at the t20 world cup but has always been a solid t20 opener for us and I would want him to continue as a opener because as shown in the Psl and over the Year's he's comfortably our best bat. He should open with Saim for us.

Can you tell us which world calls batsmens are waiting in the wings to replace Babar and Rizwan?
Yeah, give Sharjeel 10 games without the threat of him being dropped and he will bang a 45 ball ton

Yeah, give Sharjeel 10 games without the threat of him being dropped and he will bang a 45 ball ton
Yeah just like the 20 odd chances he had and could only score 2 50s. He's playing ramzan tournament where nobodies are scoring centuries for fun let him do something there. This could be his level. After being dropped from Psl then leading his side to lose all the game at Sindh league while being rubbish. Now another low quality league to try his luck.

Yeah just like the 20 odd chances he had and could only score 2 50s. He's playing ramzan tournament where nobodies are scoring centuries for fun let him do something there. This could be his level. After being dropped from Psl then leading his side to lose all the game at Sindh league while being rubbish. Now another low quality league to try his luck.
You will always be wrong. You should know this by now.

You will always be wrong. You should know this by now.
Coming from you. The irony died a 100 times. Let sharjeel do something in ramzan cup as he already flopped in the first game. The chances of sharjeel playing for Pakistan anytime soon are the same as javed miandad coming out of retirement to play for Pakistan.

Coming from you. The irony died a 100 times. Let sharjeel do something in ramzan cup as he already flopped in the first game. The chances of sharjeel playing for Pakistan anytime soon are the same as javed miandad coming out of retirement to play for Pakistan.
Yes coming from me. I will tell you again, whatever you say in spite will backfire on you. Again.

Let’s hear your thoughts now about Imad and Amir’s expected performances in the lead up and in the World Cup. Let’s get it on record now.

Yes coming from me. I will tell you again, whatever you say in spite will backfire on you. Again.

Let’s hear your thoughts now about Imad and Amir’s expected performances in the lead up and in the World Cup. Let’s get it on record now.
What has backfired so far? Imad with a couple of decent performances? Let's not remind you about yours. It will be endless.

Imad has played 2016 T20WC, 2019 WC and 2020 T20WC. We have seen how good he is at international level. Not sure what has he done to upgrade his skills apart from crying on the national TV and bullying PCB so that he can take part in each and every Mohalla league around the world.

Issue is, your stock rises through the roof if you’re not playing in the Pakistan team.

Even if you’re pathetic at what you do as a cricketer and have a proven track record of failures in international cricket.

Getting dropped is a blessing for absolute mediocrities like Imad Wasim. People forget within a year how trash of a player you were.

i think after T20 world cup he will announce his retirement again.

If he gets to play the matches before the World Cup is due to start, he will be exposed there and might not even make it to the cup..

However I’m guessing the administration will still pick him for the cup, even if he does woefully bad.

What has backfired so far? Imad with a couple of decent performances? Let's not remind you about yours. It will be endless.
Only time rana has ever been proven wrong was about rizwan's performance against Sri Lanka but he was proven right in the next games 5 put of 6 times about rizwan.

We can't account for the fact that a broken clock is still right 2x a day hence shadab's performance against Afghanistan or nawaz's performance against India.

But otherwise its easy to analyse who's a good player and who isn't.

You're only counter argument against usman Khan is that he'll fail in international and is a tail ender against pace, even though he hit the fastest ever psl century and was marking pace bowlers in the very same game rizwan was playing and was unable to.

The argument goes both ways, if usman Khan is a tail ender against pace, then rizwan is a virtual club cricket level tailender as he can't even bash trundlers and is getting murked in the very same psl by the same bowlers that usman Khan is smashing left and right.

Only time rana has ever been proven wrong was about rizwan's performance against Sri Lanka but he was proven right in the next games 5 put of 6 times about rizwan.

We can't account for the fact that a broken clock is still right 2x a day hence shadab's performance against Afghanistan or nawaz's performance against India.

You're only counter argument against usman Khan is that he'll fail in international and is a tail ender against pace, even though he hit the fastest ever psl century and was marking pace bowlers in the very same game rizwan was playing and was unable to.

The argument goes both ways, if usman Khan is a tail ender against pace, then rizwan is a virtual club cricket level tailender as he can't even bash trundlers and is getting murked in the very same psl by the same bowlers that usman Khan is smashing left and right.
Rana can answer himself. He's been embarrassed a million times by rizwan alone. Let's alone anything else.

Rana can answer himself. He's been embarrassed a million times by rizwan alone. Let's alone anything else.
I'm not answering for him, I'm just saying he was proven right about rizwan.

He predicted rizwan would fail 5x in a row after Sri lanka game which even beat my predicition since I assumed he'd atleast manage to perform against England.

He predicted rizwan would fail 5x in a row after Sri lanka game which even beat my predicition since I assumed he'd atleast manage to perform against England.
So scoring 49 and 46 is a failure for you and in other instances 25 is vital.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's must be horrific knowing rizwan will be playing for the next 7 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
So scoring 49 and 46 is a failure for you and in other instances 25 is vital. Make sense for once.
Did that 49 lead us to winning that match against India? No

Did we win the match against India where that 25 was scored yes?

Concession accepted

The World Cup 2023 horror show, which was a result of making Rizwan look good is not something I am proud of predicting. Consequently, it is a team that I have loved dearly which has suffered as a result. There is nothing to be proud of when predicting the failure of a player who serves the team you have an affection towards.

In regards to my ‘predictions’ about Rizwan, I would like to clarify that I never actually wanted to go against the norm and stand out with my views about him. Every assessment that I have made about him since his weird, questionable inclusion as a mainstay in the Pakistan team in 2019 has been done with honesty, and through an experience of studying Pakistan’s cricket and the cricket being played around the world for over two decades.

There are somethings you can say right at this moment that may come across as ludicrous, but in the long run, you will see that it was actually a correct assessment right there and then.

Our brother Pakengfan is still learning cricket, which is fine because we are all students of this game. But for his benefit I would like to ask him, and all those who felt offended by my insistence in 2021 that Pakistan is on course to seal its own demise with the Babar and Rizwan opening pair…why is it all of you who now believe this isn’t the right way to go?

Did that 49 lead us to winning that match against India? No

Did we win the match against India where that 25 was scored yes?

Concession accepted
According to this logic Babar has a match winning 50s in a world cup against England, SA and 100 against NZ and a match winning 46 against India in CT final. Thanks for coming.

The World Cup 2023 horror show, which was a result of making Rizwan look good is not something I am proud of predicting. Consequently, it is a team that I have loved dearly which has suffered as a result. There is nothing to be proud of when predicting the failure of a player who serves the team you have an affection towards.

In regards to my ‘predictions’ about Rizwan, I would like to clarify that I never actually wanted to go against the norm and stand out with my views about him. Every assessment that I have made about him since his weird, questionable inclusion as a mainstay in the Pakistan team in 2019 has been done with honesty, and through an experience of studying Pakistan’s cricket and the cricket being played around the world for over two decades.

There are somethings you can say right at this moment that may come across as ludicrous, but in the long run, you will see that it was actually a correct assessment right there and then.

Our brother Pakengfan is still learning cricket, which is fine because we are all students of this game. But for his benefit I would like to ask him, and all those who felt offended by my insistence in 2021 that Pakistan is on course to seal its own demise with the Babar and Rizwan opening pair…why is it all of you who now believe this isn’t the right way to go?
@Rana has been wrong about Rizwan many many times including in the recent Australian series. Just go back and look at the posts.

He was celebrating Sarfraz’s inclusion in the series against Australia and then Sarfraz failed in the very first match and Rizwan ended up being our best performing batsmen.

This was literally just 3 months ago, why are you guys trying to rewrite history?

So scoring 49 and 46 is a failure for you and in other instances 25 is vital. Make sense for once.
Correction. Scoring 49 and 46 having demanded to play in an important batting position (number 4) and deserting your side once set at the crease (even though he is never set at the crease) is indeed a failure, which lead to 2 defeats.

Ask the legends of the past who have batted in that position, if they consider it a failure or a triumph.

Did we win those games?

Did that 46 make us beat Australia?

Did that 49 cause India to be defeated?

No then don't bring those performances up.
So a performance only counts if you win a game? You know that cricket has 11 players on a team right and even if one performs very well you can still lose the game?

I guess all of Sachin’s performances in the 90s were useless because India was not winning despite him performing?

Your arguments make no sense at this point.

You think too highly of yourself. It's must be horrific knowing rizwan will be playing for the next 7 years.
It isn’t horrific anymore, I’ve accepted I am not a fan of this type of Pakistan cricket.

So a performance only counts if you win a game? You know that cricket has 11 players on a team right and even if one performs very well you can still lose the game?

I guess all of Sachin’s performances in the 90s were useless because India was not winning despite him performing?

Your hyping up those performances as if it were by a tailender in a losing cause. Shoaib Akhtar scored 47 odd off 13-14 balls against England in 2003, that was a pretty mad innings.

Coming to the point, RIZWAN DEMANDED TO BAT AT 4. How is scoring a couple of 40s in a losing cause anything to be proud of having chosen to play in a position to suit you? Which is actually a very important position

@Rana has been wrong about Rizwan many many times including in the recent Australian series. Just go back and look at the posts.

He was celebrating Sarfraz’s inclusion in the series against Australia and then Sarfraz failed in the very first match and Rizwan ended up being our best performing batsmen.

This was literally just 3 months ago, why are you guys trying to rewrite history?
Oh yes

And Pakistan changed the result from the Gabba by winning two Tests with Rizwan in the side?

Let me rephrase

Did Abdullah who according you was a better performing batsmen: Did he contribute?

Did imam who according to your stats logic has an avg of 50 + a sr of 80 contribute?

Did babar who is an all time goat contribute?

Did rizwan get us over the line?

Did our full strength goat middle order who never decided to experiment and test extra bench strength and properly prepare in 4 years contribute?

Did shadab and nawaz and usama who are apprantly only marginally on par with imad by your standards contribute?

Did our fast bowling run machines contribute?

As for Sachin, I didn't bring him up, Sachin's biggest stain on his career is that he was milestone obsessed and wasn't even half as good as kohli in actually winning games and just being a beast in chasing down totals or even setting up a score. I do not respect Sachin for that,

But if you're comparing Sachin to someone who doesn't even know how to run properly in between wickets then theirs no point to take you seriously on.

Your hyping up those performances as if it were by a tailender in a losing cause. Shoaib Akhtar scored 47 odd off 13-14 balls against England in 2003, that was a pretty mad innings.

Coming to the point, RIZWAN DEMANDED TO BAT AT 4. How is scoring a couple of 40s in a losing cause anything to be proud of having chosen to play in a position to suit you? Which is actually a very important position
Firstly could you provide proof of Rizwan demanding to bat at #4 in Test cricket?

Secondly, it’s the job of the selection committee and captain as well as coach to determine what position players should bat at.

The Australian management was trying to figure out the opener situation recently after Warner retired and they approached many players who all refused to play as openers before Steven Smith eventually volunteered.

Oh yes

And Pakistan changed the result from the Gabba by winning two Tests with Rizwan in the side?
If all of the other batsmen had performed as good as Rizwan we did we would have won a match, it’s that simple.

As for Sachin, I didn't bring him up, Sachin's biggest stain on his career is that he was milestone obsessed and wasn't even half as good as kohli in actually winning games and just being a beast in chasing down totals or even setting up a score. I do not respect Sachin for that,

But if you're comparing Sachin to someone who doesn't even know how to run properly in between wickets then theirs no point to take you seriously on.
You completely ignored the point and misrepresented the argument. Probably on purpose because you know that what you’re saying makes no sense.

Cricket is a team game. You need multiple players to perform to win a game. Even one of the GOAT batsmen Tendulkar could not win that many games in the 90s despite being one of the best batsmen of all time all because he did not have much support from the rest of the team.

Well, yes. In the case of a team that regularly wins, performances in a losing cause still count as a good performance. For instance, the 160* scored by Ricky Ponting at the Bull ring when setting 434 as a total was a sublime innings, by a great player, an ODI champion player.

But performances by a middling, rubbish team that always gets shown up when it matters, as still rubbish performances in losing causes.

According to this logic Babar has a match winning 50s in a world cup against England, SA and 100 against NZ and a match winning 46 against India in CT final. Thanks for coming.
Babar's contributions during those games deserve praise. 100%.

Did Abdullah who according you was a better performing batsmen: Did he contribute?

Did imam who according to your stats logic has an avg of 50 + a sr of 80 contribute?

Did babar who is an all time goat contribute?

Did rizwan get us over the line?

Did our full strength goat middle order who never decided to experiment and test extra bench strength and properly prepare in 4 years contribute?

Did shadab and nawaz and usama who are apprantly only marginally on par with imad by your standards contribute?

Did our fast bowling run machines contribute?
That’s exactly the point.

Get 49 runs from your wicket keeper is solid. We have a whole other 10 players who have to perform as well if you want to win games.

You completely ignored the point and misrepresented the argument. Probably on purpose because you know that what you’re saying makes no sense.

Cricket is a team game. You need multiple players to perform to win a game. Even one of the GOAT batsmen Tendulkar could not win that many games in the 90s despite being one of the best batsmen of all time all because he did not have much support from the rest of the team.
I didn't, Sachin was ironically the primarily cause of those defeats. He was so milestone obsessed that he would often give strike to someone new at the crease which would slow down the run rate or in some cases let a tail ender finish the final few overs as long as he can get those final runs for his milestone.

As great as Sachin is as a batsmen he was never a team player, and many games were lost due to his selfish 100's.

Get 49 from your keeper who demands to bat at 4???

Yes it’s a solid contribution from a number 7 keeper
Once again, provide proof that he demands to bat at #4?

49 from any batsmen at #4 is good. If a batsman did that for their whole career they would have an accomplished career.

Our keeper would have been happy averaging in 15 in SENA here rizwan is averaging above 40 which is better than most of the greats from SC.

49 from any batsmen at #4 is good. If a batsman did that for their whole career they would have an accomplished career.
That’s the standards you have set yourself, as this is the mediocrity you have happily embraced to make Rizwan look good. This isn’t 1990 anymore. Players in this era usually have a 20 run headstart to those who played ODI cricket up to 2010.

It’s fine though, I don’t expect you to understand.

I didn't, Sachin was ironically the primarily cause of those defeats. He was so milestone obsessed that he would often give strike to someone new at the crease which would slow down the run rate or in some cases let a tail ender finish the final few overs as long as he can get those final runs for his milestone.

As great as Sachin is as a batsmen he was never a team player, and many games were lost due to his selfish 100's.
That’s not true at all.

They would have won if he had teammates who were performing well. He was single handedly carrying that team which makes it more impressive, not less. It’s easier to perform when you have batsmen around you supporting your innings.

I’m sure even Indian cricket fans on this forum will agree with that:

@Nikhil_cric
@cricketjoshila

Our keeper would have been happy averaging in 15 in SENA here rizwan is averaging above 40 which is better than most of the greats from SC.
Yet Pakistan has never won a Test match in SENA since Rizwan has been playing unquestionably for Pakistan.

That’s the standards you have set yourself, as this is the mediocrity you have happily embraced to make Rizwan look good. This isn’t 1990 anymore. Players in this era usually have a 20 run headstart to those who played ODI cricket up to 2010.

It’s fine though, I don’t expect you to understand.
Funny how you still have provided 0 proof of him demanding to bat at #4.

Reminds me of the time you made up a story about how Rizwan dropped Usman Khan from MS because he felt threatened. When the whole time even the commentators and team announced Usman was leaving to the UAE for a few days for personal reasons and would be returning soon.

Funny how you still have provided 0 proof of him demanding to bat at #4.

Reminds me of the time you made up a story about how Rizwan dropped Usman Khan from MS because he felt threatened. When the whole time even the commentators and team announced Usman was leaving to the UAE for a few days for personal reasons and would be returning soon.
Provide proof to you? That’s the purpose of my life?

That’s exactly the point.

Get 49 runs from your wicket keeper is solid. We have a whole other 10 players who have to perform as well if you want to win games.
You need to understand one thing.

RIZWAN PLAYS FOR HIMSELF ONLY, HES NOT A TEAM PLAYER.

he deliberately asked inad waseem to take a run for his 100 which he didn't even get despite imad striking multiple boundaries in the last over.

In the final in asia cup 2022, Sri Lanka started of with 11 widesz you had 11 runs on the board brining the target down to 157 before the first ball was even bowled and despite a decent score for the scorecards by rizwan, we were left in a situation where we had to get 60 of 24 lol.

Not everyone has to equally pull their weight up all the time just to accommodate rizwan.

An inform batsmen set at the crease should logically be taking strike, or if tail enders come in, the inform batsmen should be trying to occupy as much as possible.

How many times has babar just given strike to tail enders during a collapse 😂. Sane with rizwan, he always expects others to strike for him while he can anchor apprantly even when a batsmen is new and rr is creeping up.

You can't have everyone equally pull your weight 24/7, otherwise we should bash everyone besides maxwell during the Afghanistan game.

Provide proof to you? That’s the purpose of my life?
Considering how often you make up stories like the one about Rizwan dropping Usman Khan, no one is going to trust what you say without proof.

You also have 60,000 posts on this forum which means you talk about cricket it a lot. It would be very easy to find proof.

You need to understand one thing.

RIZWAN PLAYS FOR HIMSELF ONLY, HES NOT A TEAM PLAYER.

he deliberately asked inad waseem to take a run for his 100 which he didn't even get despite imad striking multiple boundaries in the last over.

In the final in asia cup 2022, Sri Lanka started of with 11 widesz you had 11 runs on the board brining the target down to 157 before the first ball was even bowled and despite a decent score for the scorecards by rizwan, we were left in a situation where we had to get 60 of 24 lol.

Not everyone has to equally pull their weight up all the time just to accommodate rizwan.

An inform batsmen set at the crease should logically be taking strike, or if tail enders come in, the inform batsmen should be trying to occupy as much as possible.

How many times has babar just given strike to tail enders during a collapse 😂. Sane with rizwan, he always expects others to strike for him while he can anchor apprantly even when a batsmen is new and rr is creeping up.

You can't have everyone equally pull your weight 24/7, otherwise we should bash everyone besides maxwell during the Afghanistan game.
Bro I respect your efforts to actually engage with these guys seriously

It’s not worth your time. These people are not going to ever understand. Let them be

Considering how often you make up stories like the one about Rizwan dropping Usman Khan, no one is going to trust what you say without proof.

You also have 60,000 posts on this forum which means you talk about cricket it a lot. It would be very easy to find proof.
Believe what you want.

You are entitled to accept what you want to be considered as true.

Believe what you want.

You are entitled to accept what you want to be considered as true.
You got caught in another lie just like the MS story so now you’re talking like a philosopher.

That’s not true at all.

They would have won if he had teammates who were performing well. He was single handedly carrying that team which makes it more impressive, not less. It’s easier to perform when you have batsmen around you supporting your innings.

@Nikhil_cric
@cricketjoshila
You're not suppose to have everyone pull their weight equally 24/7,

Sachin shpuld not be giving strike to batsmen or tail enders who aren't performing, it's his duty to finish, something kohli could do which Sachin could not.

Sachin as a batsmen is better then kohli easily, bit in terms of game awareness he isn't close, Kohli is the best to ever do it, he single handidely won the pakistan game in 2022 from a near collapsed position, with only pandya anchoring, Sachin would have just kept giving strike to pandya.

You're not suppose to have everyone pull their weight equally 24/7,

Sachin shpuld not be giving strike to batsmen or tail enders who aren't performing, it's his duty to finish, something kohli could do which Sachin could not.

Sachin as a batsmen is better then kohli easily, bit in terms of game awareness he isn't close, Kohli is the best to ever do it, he single handidely won the pakistan game in 2022 from a near collapsed position, with only pandya anchoring, Sachin would have just kept giving strike to pandya.
Sachin is way better than Kohli in Test cricket. The only reason he didn’t win more matches than Kohli is because Kohli plays with a stacked batting lineup and the best bowling attack India has ever had.

If Sachin Tendulkar played in this current Indian team he’d been winning many many matches as well.

He verbatim has an interview stating "I'm not happy batting at no 5, I want no 4, and even another interview stating that he clearly wants to open and will only step down from opening if theirs a specific reason provided by pcb management to do so."

If he has 2 interviews in odi and t20 it's not unreasonably to deduce he'd make the same statements simply via past trends, just because he didn't document stating it for Test doesn't mean he didn't demand it.

A Detective doesn't need proof of a killer verbatim stating he killed a 3rd victim, if the killer was caught murdering 2 people and was found in the 3rd room with a dead victim, the Detective would just apprehend him and deudce that he also killed the 3rd victim deapite not fully catching him in the act.

You asking @Rana is like asking him to prove if he's married, he doesn't need you to show you his marriage certificate for full proof 😂😂, simply deducing it would be easy enough to do lol.

He verbatim has an interview stating "I'm not happy batting at no 5, I want no 4, and even another interview stating that he clearly wants to open and will only step down from opening if theirs a specific reason provided by pcb management to do so."

If he has 2 interviews in odi and t20 it's not unreasonably to deduce he'd make the same statements simply via past trends, just because he didn't document stating it for Test doesn't mean he didn't demand it.
So once again you have zero proof but you are "deducing" this. Also, you're once again mixing formats, because the #4 discussion was in relation to ODI. Rizwan already bats at #6 in Test cricket.

Also the first two statements are not even demands, he is just stating his preference. This happens in all cricket teams. Recently when Warner retired, many of the Australia batsmen came out and said they did not want to open. In fact many of the players that they approached outright refused to open, eventually Steve Smith volunteered for the job. Anyone can state their preferences and this happens all the time in all cricket teams, its the job of the selection committee, captain, and coach to make the actual determination.
A Detective doesn't need proof of a killer verbatim stating he killed a 3rd victim, if the killer was caught murdering 2 people and was found in the 3rd room with a dead victim, the Detective would just apprehend him and deudce that he also killed the 3rd victim deapite not fully catching him in the act.
This is such a horrible analogy. The evidence would be that was found in the 3rd room with a dead victim. That is evidence.
You asking @Rana is like asking him to prove if he's married, he doesn't need you to show you his marriage certificate for full proof 😂😂, simply deducing it would be easy enough to do lol.
Why are you trying to be his guardian? The reason why I asked Rana for proof is because he has been caught badly lying about Rizwan many times in the past. The most recent example is when Usman Khan left to UAE for personal reasons and had to miss game. Rana was all over the thread stating that Rizwan had dropped him because he felt threatened by his performances. This was pretty embarrassing because it already had been announced that Usman Khan left for personal reasons but Rana had not checked so he already made up the lie about Usman Khan being dropped.

By your idea of deduction, if I catch someone lying multiple times, then I can also deduce that they're also lying again.

That’s not true at all.

@Nikhil_cric
@cricketjoshila

Sachin from 1993-2003 was the most impactful ODI batter in the world.

I think some of his knocks between 2003 and 2007 were somewhat questionable because of his mounting injuries /age etc.

His strike rate was only slightly lower than the Jayasuriyas and Gilchrist's in the earlier period but he scored a lot more runs.

Vast majority of his knocks were hardly selfish.

So once again you have zero proof but you are "deducing" this. Also, you're once again mixing formats, because the #4 discussion was in relation to ODI. Rizwan already bats at #6 in Test cricket.

Also the first two statements are not even demands, he is just stating his preference. This happens in all cricket teams. Recently when Warner retired, many of the Australia batsmen came out and said they did not want to open. In fact many of the players that they approached outright refused to open, eventually Steve Smith volunteered for the job. Anyone can state their preferences and this happens all the time in all cricket teams, its the job of the selection committee, captain, and coach to make the actual determination.

This is such a horrible analogy. The evidence would be that was found in the 3rd room with a dead victim. That is evidence.

Why are you trying to be his guardian? The reason why I asked Rana for proof is because he has been caught badly lying about Rizwan many times in the past. The most recent example is when Usman Khan left to UAE for personal reasons and had to miss game. Rana was all over the thread stating that Rizwan had dropped him because he felt threatened by his performances. This was pretty embarrassing because it already had been announced that Usman Khan left for personal reasons but Rana had not checked so he already made up the lie about Usman Khan being dropped.

By your idea of deduction, if I catch someone lying multiple times, then I can also deduce that they're also lying again.
This is exhausting.

First of you wording it as preference doesn't mean anything. A player who plays for his team doesn't care about the position that they play In,

They play for the crest on their chest, he shouldn't even be making such a statement on him not being happy, you should be happy you're even playing and representing your country.

No player who plays for his country ever makes such claims, claiming a preference is showcases personal interest, its not hard to understand. That interview is proof of a demand, its plain and simple

The Australia analogy is complete nonsense. One of their players retired lol, the management asked for someone to fill a position, keyword the management itself AFTER A PLAYER RETIRED. Who retired or stepped down from no 4, and who asked rizwan to fill it? None of the players from Australia ever stated a preference, they volunteered when asked, not stated themselves.

Now when it comes to The previous point, I'll address it one final time.

RIZWAN DOES NOT PLAY FOR HIS COUNTRY, HE PLAYS FOR HIMSELF.

Let's say by your loony toon logic every player must equally pull their weight, In the India game, Deapite my hate towards imam and Abdullah, both actually did well, Imam especially which was surprising, by the time these 2 departed the run was well over 6 and scoreboard wise we would have achieved 350 assuming we kept the same pace (we lost 2 wickets though so probs not but rr was good)

Rizwan and Babar enter and the rr drops below 5 and the score predictor goes from 350 to 240 once both of them depart. They played so slow that the rr ended up being crippled, something these 2 have done a billion times.

Afterwards the lower order collapsed but let's say the lower order played JUST LIKE RIZWAN according to your logic, So what? They perform, drop the run rate below 4 and we end up with a 200 score? So just 10 runs more then what we made?

Or are you saying they should finish the game and fix rizwan and babar's stupid mistake and fix the rr by themselves? So something rizwan and Babar should have done as set batsmen completly new batsmen must do?

I haven't seen that thread or that post so I will check it out, link that thread to me.

Back