Pakistan squad for the 5-match T20I series against New Zealand announced

Have Pakistan chosen the right squad for the 5 match T20I series?

• Total voters

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Irfan and Usman earn maiden Pakistan selection

Uncapped middle-order batter Muhammad Irfan Khan and flamboyant opener Usman Khan have been named in the 17-player Pakistan men’s cricket team for the five-T20I series against New Zealand, which will be played in Rawalpindi and Lahore from 18-27 April.

The two highly-talented players have earned the selectors’ nod following impressive performances in the HBL Pakistan Super League.

Irfan Khan of Karachi Kings was adjudged the Emerging Player and Best Fielder of the HBL PSL 9 after scoring 171 runs at a strike-rate of 140.16. Overall, the 21-year-old Mianwali-born Irfan has featured in 34 T20s in which he has scored 499 runs at a strike-rate of 135.96. Irfan has also represented Pakistan in the ICC U19 Cricket World Cups 2020 and 2022.

Usman Khan of Multan Sultans smashed two centuries and two half-centuries in the most recent event to help his side reach the final where they lost to Islamabad United in a last-ball thriller. In the HBL PSL 8, the 28-year-old Karachi-born right-hander had smashed a 36-ball century against Quetta Gladiators - the fastest century in the tournament’s history. Overall, Usman has featured in 36 T20s in which he has scored 1,207 runs at a strike-rate of 146.12.

Irfan Khan on his selection:

“I am deeply honoured to have been selected in the Pakistan squad for the upcoming T20I series against New Zealand. Breaking into such a formidable team like Pakistan is a testament to the dedication and effort I have put into my game. Now, my focus is on seizing this opportunity and solidifying my position within the team.

“I am fully committed to continuing to work diligently and proving myself worthy of the trust placed in me by the captain and selectors.”

Usman Khan on his selection:

“Being chosen to represent one’s country is the ultimate dream and goal for any athlete. Today, I am absolutely thrilled and filled with joy as the selectors have granted me the opportunity to be part of the upcoming series against New Zealand.

“This selection validates the relentless effort and dedication I have poured into my craft, and I am fully committed to upholding the high standards I have set for myself.”

Selection committee member and batting coach Mohammad Yousuf:

“On behalf of the selection committee, I extend heartfelt congratulations to Muhammad Irfan Khan and Usman Khan on their inclusion in the Pakistan men’s cricket team for the upcoming home series against New Zealand. Both players have undeniably earned their spots through a string of consistent, outstanding performances.

“We hold great optimism and belief in their potential to become key impact players, yet recognise that this requires ongoing dedication and effort. I trust that both players will continue their upward trajectory, sparing no effort in proving themselves worthy of the selectors' and captain's trust and confidence.”

Abrar retained, Imad and Mohammad Amir recalled

The other uncapped player in the squad is wrist spinner Abrar Ahmed. He was named in the squad for the T20I series against New Zealand earlier this year, but returned after Australia Tests due to fitness reasons. He will be the second wrist spinner in the side along with Usama Mir.

Also named in the squad are all-rounder Imad Wasim and fast bowler Mohammad Amir. The two experienced campaigners had become available after coming out of retirement last month.

Imad has played 66 T20Is in which he has scored 486 runs at a strike-rate of 131.7 and taken 65 wickets at an economy-rate of 6.26. He last played for Pakistan 12 months ago at his home ground in Rawalpindi against New Zealand.

Amir, who last played for Pakistan in August 2020 at Old Trafford against England, has played in 50 T20Is in which he has taken 59 wickets at an economy-rate of 7.02.

Selection committee member and senior team manager Wahab Riaz:

“The decision to include Imad Wasim and Mohammad Amir was a straightforward one, given their availability for selection and considering Haris Rauf's injury and Mohammad Nawaz's current form. Both Amir and Imad possess undeniable match-winning capabilities, and we trust they will consistently deliver strong performances to bolster the team's objectives.

“We have communicated our overarching selection policy and strategy to all elite players, and there is complete alignment within the group. To ensure the policy's implementation in letter and spirit, I will closely collaborate with the team management during the series.

“As we prepare for the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2024 in the USA and West Indies, this series holds significant importance for Pakistan. Rather than solely focusing on the formidable New Zealand side, we aim to introspect and identify areas for improvement. I anticipate that players will seize the opportunities presented to strengthen their claims for the World Cup.”

Pakistan squad for New Zealand T20Is:

Babar Azam (captain)

Abrar Ahmed

Azam Khan

Fakhar Zaman

Iftikhar Ahmed

Imad Wasim

Mohammad Abbas Afridi

Mohammad Rizwan

Mohmmad Amir

Muhammad Irfan Khan

Naseem Shah

Saim Ayub

Shadab Khan

Shaheen Shah Afridi

Usama Mir

Usman Khan

Zaman Khan

Non-travelling reserves: Haseebullah, Mohammad Ali, Mohammad Wasim Jnr, Sahibzada Farhan, and Salman Ali Agha

PCB

This is the team.

Babar Azam (c), Abrar Ahmed, Azam Khan, Fakhar Zaman, Iftikhar Ahmed, Imad Wasim, M Abbas Afridi, M Rizwan, Mohammad Amir, M Irfan Khan, Naseem Shah, Saim Ayub, Shadab Khan, Shaheen Afridi, Usama Mir, Usman Khan, Zaman Khan.

Edit: This was the squad announced. Sad to see no Ali? Like why zaman khan over Ali? Clown selection.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the team.

Babar Azam (c), Abrar Ahmed, Azam Khan, Fakhar Zaman, Iftikhar Ahmed, Imad Wasim, M Abbas Afridi, M Rizwan, Mohammad Amir, M Irfan Khan, Naseem Shah, Saim Ayub, Shadab Khan, Shaheen Afridi, Usama Mir, Usman Khan, Zaman Khan.

Edit: This was the squad announced. Sad to see no Ali? Like why zaman khan over Ali? Clown selection.
This squad is stronger then our 2023 drama, but I still don't get some the decisions.

Ali was our best psl bowler so to see zaman khan given the go ahead makes zeronsense to me.

How did Azam get selected again? So many better options to take. And you already have a backup keeper now.

Rest of the squad is fine, but I'd have taken saud or Abdullah over Azam, better to have a backup opener then a backup keeper.

Haris left out again? What a joke. Haris is 10 times the player Azam Khan will ever be. Like for like replacement but a far superior player.

This is the team.

Ali needs a bit more time. Zaman I guess is because he adds a different kind of angle and death bowling experience. Personally he won’t really get a game with Amir back now.

Ali needs a bit more time. Zaman I guess is because he adds a different kind of angle and death bowling experience. Personally he won’t really get a game with Amir back now.
I wouldn't mind trying him, He deserved a call up 100%. Zaman khan is a waste of space.

Lot of bowling options but I don't see one reliable batter in that list apart from Babar who himself is not a dynamic batter..

Why do we need non travelling reserves when the matches are in Pakistan?

Maybe we might see some squad rotation.

Good decision by Captain Azam getting rid of Rauf. Niazi is a good pick ,guy is a great fielder too.
Azam Khan fills the terrible selection quota once again.
Other than that its a decent squad.

My 11 in batting order
Saim Rizwan Babar Usman Niazi Iftikhar Imad Amir Shaheen Naseem Abrar

Haris left out again? What a joke. Haris is 10 times the player Azam Khan will ever be. Like for like replacement but a far superior player.

Tbh, i don't mind it this time.
Haris averaged 16 in the PSL with a SR of 133
Azam Khan averaged 25 with a SR of 171

Haris also fumbled so much behind the stumps. He is a talented player, but he needs to work on his game a bit more first, imo

Irfan and Usman earn maiden Pakistan selection

Uncapped middle-order batter Muhammad Irfan Khan and flamboyant opener Usman Khan have been named in the 17-player Pakistan men’s cricket team for the five-T20I series against New Zealand, which will be played in Rawalpindi and Lahore from 18-27 April.

The two highly-talented players have earned the selectors’ nod following impressive performances in the HBL Pakistan Super League.

Irfan Khan of Karachi Kings was adjudged the Emerging Player and Best Fielder of the HBL PSL 9 after scoring 171 runs at a strike-rate of 140.16. Overall, the 21-year-old Mianwali-born Irfan has featured in 34 T20s in which he has scored 499 runs at a strike-rate of 135.96. Irfan has also represented Pakistan in the ICC U19 Cricket World Cups 2020 and 2022.

Usman Khan of Multan Sultans smashed two centuries and two half-centuries in the most recent event to help his side reach the final where they lost to Islamabad United in a last-ball thriller. In the HBL PSL 8, the 28-year-old Karachi-born right-hander had smashed a 36-ball century against Quetta Gladiators - the fastest century in the tournament’s history. Overall, Usman has featured in 36 T20s in which he has scored 1,207 runs at a strike-rate of 146.12.

Irfan Khan on his selection:

“I am deeply honoured to have been selected in the Pakistan squad for the upcoming T20I series against New Zealand. Breaking into such a formidable team like Pakistan is a testament to the dedication and effort I have put into my game. Now, my focus is on seizing this opportunity and solidifying my position within the team.

“I am fully committed to continuing to work diligently and proving myself worthy of the trust placed in me by the captain and selectors.”

Usman Khan on his selection:

“Being chosen to represent one’s country is the ultimate dream and goal for any athlete. Today, I am absolutely thrilled and filled with joy as the selectors have granted me the opportunity to be part of the upcoming series against New Zealand.

“This selection validates the relentless effort and dedication I have poured into my craft, and I am fully committed to upholding the high standards I have set for myself.”

Selection committee member and batting coach Mohammad Yousuf:

“On behalf of the selection committee, I extend heartfelt congratulations to Muhammad Irfan Khan and Usman Khan on their inclusion in the Pakistan men’s cricket team for the upcoming home series against New Zealand. Both players have undeniably earned their spots through a string of consistent, outstanding performances.

“We hold great optimism and belief in their potential to become key impact players, yet recognise that this requires ongoing dedication and effort. I trust that both players will continue their upward trajectory, sparing no effort in proving themselves worthy of the selectors' and captain's trust and confidence.”

Abrar retained, Imad and Mohammad Amir recalled

The other uncapped player in the squad is wrist spinner Abrar Ahmed. He was named in the squad for the T20I series against New Zealand earlier this year, but returned after Australia Tests due to fitness reasons. He will be the second wrist spinner in the side along with Usama Mir.

Also named in the squad are all-rounder Imad Wasim and fast bowler Mohammad Amir. The two experienced campaigners had become available after coming out of retirement last month.

Imad has played 66 T20Is in which he has scored 486 runs at a strike-rate of 131.7 and taken 65 wickets at an economy-rate of 6.26. He last played for Pakistan 12 months ago at his home ground in Rawalpindi against New Zealand.

Amir, who last played for Pakistan in August 2020 at Old Trafford against England, has played in 50 T20Is in which he has taken 59 wickets at an economy-rate of 7.02.

Selection committee member and senior team manager Wahab Riaz:

“The decision to include Imad Wasim and Mohammad Amir was a straightforward one, given their availability for selection and considering Haris Rauf's injury and Mohammad Nawaz's current form. Both Amir and Imad possess undeniable match-winning capabilities, and we trust they will consistently deliver strong performances to bolster the team's objectives.

“We have communicated our overarching selection policy and strategy to all elite players, and there is complete alignment within the group. To ensure the policy's implementation in letter and spirit, I will closely collaborate with the team management during the series.

“As we prepare for the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2024 in the USA and West Indies, this series holds significant importance for Pakistan. Rather than solely focusing on the formidable New Zealand side, we aim to introspect and identify areas for improvement. I anticipate that players will seize the opportunities presented to strengthen their claims for the World Cup.”

Pakistan squad for New Zealand T20Is:

Babar Azam (captain)

Abrar Ahmed

Azam Khan

Fakhar Zaman

Iftikhar Ahmed

Imad Wasim

Mohammad Abbas Afridi

Mohammad Rizwan

Mohmmad Amir

Muhammad Irfan Khan

Naseem Shah

Saim Ayub

Shadab Khan

Shaheen Shah Afridi

Usama Mir

Usman Khan

Zaman Khan

Non-travelling reserves: Haseebullah, Mohammad Ali, Mohammad Wasim Jnr, Sahibzada Farhan, and Salman Ali Agha

PCB
On what basis is Ali a reserve and zaman khan in the squad?

And who in earth decided to out hadebullah in reserves? Why not haris, saud or Abdullah in reserves? 💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀.

Heck take omair bin yousaf or anybody in reserves, why is Hasebullah in reserves? This guy is a club cricketer at best.

Edit: It is a good squad btw, I just have these 2 issues + Azam Khan being included, otherwise squad is good.

Good decision by Captain Azam getting rid of Rauf. Niazi is a good pick ,guy is a great fielder too.
Azam Khan fills the terrible selection quota once again.
Other than that its a decent squad.

My 11 in batting order
Saim Rizwan Babar Usman Niazi Iftikhar Imad Amir Shaheen Naseem Abrar

Rauf was dropped because he was not fit, not because of form

For me: Saim, Babar, Umman, Rizwan would be the ideal top 4 for me

Tbh, i don't mind it this time.
Haris averaged 16 in the PSL with a SR of 133
Azam Khan averaged 25 with a SR of 171

Haris also fumbled so much behind the stumps. He is a talented player, but he needs to work on his game a bit more first, imo
My issue is their was no need to take a 3rd keeper, 2 are enough, max take azam as a reserve.

I actually like the squad, for the first time I can confidently say that the squad Is 90% merit, unlike our joke wc 2023 squad. So 2024 is stronger but here are my issues.

1) Ali > Zaman, Ali deserved it based of PSL form, Sorry to say this but zaman eco of 10 and lack of wickets doesn't do it for me, Zaman should have been the one in reserve.

2) Azam Khan, he could have been replaced with any batsmen really. No need for a 3rd keeper.

3) I have an issue with reserves, Saud and Abdullah aren't t20 players but on what basis is Hasebullah somehow a reserve over them?

Harris needs to score more runs in domestic cricket

Rauf was dropped because he was not fit, not because of form

For me: Saim, Babar, Umman, Rizwan would be the ideal top 4 for me
Babar did well at no.3 in NZ series. Don't thing they need to change his position. Usman can be tried as opener and Rizwan at 4

My issue is their was no need to take a 3rd keeper, 2 are enough, max take azam as a reserve.

I actually like the squad, for the first time I can confidently say that the squad Is 90% merit, unlike our joke wc 2023 squad. So 2024 is stronger but here are my issues.

1) Ali > Zaman, Ali deserved it based of PSL form, Sorry to say this but zaman eco of 10 and lack of wickets doesn't do it for me, Zaman should have been the one in reserve.

2) Azam Khan, he could have been replaced with any batsmen really. No need for a 3rd keeper.

3) I have an issue with reserves, Saud and Abdullah aren't t20 players but on what basis is Hasebullah somehow a reserve over them?

I agree but on #2 -- I still prefer Azam over Haseeb as a back-up keeper
What we lack are lower order hitters. Haseeb is another top order accululator and we have no shortage of those

On what basis is Ali a reserve and zaman khan in the squad?

And who in earth decided to out hadebullah in reserves? Why not haris, saud or Abdullah in reserves? 💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀.

Heck take omair bin yousaf or anybody in reserves, why is Hasebullah in reserves? This guy is a club cricketer at best.

Edit: It is a good squad btw, I just have these 2 issues + Azam Khan being included, otherwise squad is good.
Yes, Haseeb's selection as reserves is pretty bogus. Not on merit TBH. Haris should have been there or maybe Saud.

Babar did well at no.3 in NZ series. Don't thing they need to change his position. Usman can be tried as opener and Rizwan at 4

That he did, but he also did really well in the PSL opening. He was the top run scorer by a mile, and he has great chemistry with Ayub opening. He also went at a great SR

A decent squad overall but a couple of poor selections as standard.

1) Azam Khan again ? Forget the Kakul fiasco, what did he do in New Zealand to earn another series ?

2) Zaman Khan is a one dimensional poor man's Malinga who went at nearly 10 RPO in the PSL.

That said, we know it's the composition of the XI and not the overall squad that's bound to cause controversy - particularly the batting order.

A decent squad overall but a couple of poor selections as standard.

1) Azam Khan again ? Forget the Kakul fiasco, what did he do in New Zealand to earn another series ?

2) Zaman Khan is a one dimensional poor man's Malinga who went at nearly 10 RPO in the PSL.

That said, we know it's the composition of the XI and not the overall squad that's bound to cause controversy - particularly the batting order.

Azam Khan has been picked as the team mascot, he already got his teddy bear outfit on, he never takes it off; dedicated.

Once again, Pakistan making mostly logical selections based on PSL . In sharp contrast to India who will favour seniors no matter what happens in IPL.

Just a couple of observations. Irfan Niazi was selected mostly because he was the best athlete in Kakul.

I would have picked Mohammad Ali over Aamir because he was impressive with his accuracy, bounce and fast medium pace

Zaman Khan is easily the worst pick in this squad. A fast allrounder like Jamal probably deserved a chance.

Otherwise, this is pretty much the best squad possible.

Babar and shaheen should skip this series, take a break and recharge themselves.

Seems they are overplaying

Still sticking with my prediction, Imad Wasim to take Pakistan to glory, it’s written in the stars:

- Phone call from the PM
- I’m ready to serve my country, my retirement is over
- Imad lifts the World T20 Trophy
- Imad donates the team winnings to Pakistan Cricket team’s / Babar’s favourite Biryani restaurant

I agree but on #2 -- I still prefer Azam over Haseeb as a back-up keeper
What we lack are lower order hitters. Haseeb is another top order accululator and we have no shortage of those
We don't need a 3rd keeper that's what in saying, as for hasebullah, squat it like a fly.

I understand the frustrations with Azam Khan being selected. I agree he doesn't deserve a spot in any sport anywhere. However Mohammed Haris deserved to be dropped, he's been shoody behind the stumps - a key role for him and his batting has been pathetic for a while. I'd like Mohammed Haris to churn out the scores in domestic league/cricket and shore up his glovework and hopefully next time he'll come back the full package.

I guess Irfan could have been replaced with agha... He can bowl as well.
Irfan can bowl as well. He is a gun gun fielder which u need for white ball formats. In addition to Shadab , to have irfan would be very good also Usman khan is another good fielder as he was a keeper.

I hope Pakistan can win matches with their fielding contributions, they have lost many games and even kicked out of top tournaments due to poor fielding. This is a good sign , irfan averaged 42+ with the bat in this PSL

Pakistan need to find the right combination this series.

Sqaud selection is useless if the captain Is clueless enough to think winning 11 means best 11 lol.

Big series for Azam Khan, if he even manages to score a single fifty, he will be travelling for WC. All upto him now.

I foresee someone like Azam play a couple of good knocks against New Zealand C, which will ensure his place in the side for the next 5 years!

I'd have agha over azam, waseem jnr sucks, he's not needed
Agha should have been there for sure in place of Iftikhar. Waseem Jnr never got consistent opportunities despite being in set up since years. Yes he failed in this PSL but he got 2 out of 5 matches only in previous NZ tour and he performed better than other bowlers in those 2 matches. I don't think it's right to discard someone in this fashion

Big series for Azam Khan, if he even manages to score a single fifty, he will be travelling for WC. All upto him now.
After doing so poorly in fitness tests, can't understand why he was selected.
Basically he's setting a precedent to all the emerging players in Pakistan that fitness doesn't matter.

As for the rest of the squad, I'm not too disappointed. We have way more match winners than I could have hoped for.

I understand the frustrations with Azam Khan being selected. I agree he doesn't deserve a spot in any sport anywhere. However Mohammed Haris deserved to be dropped, he's been shoody behind the stumps - a key role for him and his batting has been pathetic for a while. I'd like Mohammed Haris to churn out the scores in domestic league/cricket and shore up his glovework and hopefully next time he'll come back the full package.

He might be a good fit for Yorkshire, Mr. Haris ;)

Overall good squad...
M Azam NO! M Haris Yes

M Wasim not included, a surprise.

selectors didn’t watch the New Zealand series ? Ifthikhar ???? When was the last time Ifthikhar performed against top teams? Nepal ? Anyways it’s New Zealand C team. Hope Ifthikhar gets exposed.

selectors didn’t watch the New Zealand series ? Ifthikhar ???? When was the last time Ifthikhar performed against top teams? Nepal ? Anyways it’s New Zealand C team. Hope Ifthikhar gets exposed.
Though luck. Keep hoping.

How does Azam Khan and zaman Khan make it to the squad both nothing cricketers.would have Mohammad harris aamir Jamal or wasim jnr even though both shouldn't make the WC squad.

You would have picked Ali over Amir….but let Zaman Khan stay in the squad

CrIcKeT eXpErT
Ali should have been the frontline pacer over zaman.

Amir was more so a replacement for rauf.

As I predicted earlier. Wahab Riaz has prejudice against Mohammad Harris.

Mohammad Harris was dropped in the last New Zealand series (when he deserved to be there) citing the reasons that we are resting him.

That was a shrewd move by Wahab and now by dropping him then. He has made sure to not select him anymore and is trying to make him irrelevant.

The injustice that has been done against Mohammad Harris must be spoken.

How does Azam Khan and zaman Khan make it to the squad both nothing cricketers.would have Mohammad harris aamir Jamal or wasim jnr even though both shouldn't make the WC squad.
Neither haris nor azam deserve a place, you already have usman khan as your 2nd keeper, Theirs no need to have 3 keepers in the squad.

Haris this psl was even worse then azam.

As I predicted earlier. Wahab Riaz has prejudice against Mohammad Harris.

Mohammad Harris was dropped in the last New Zealand series (when he deserved to be there) citing the reasons that we are resting him.

That was a shrewd move by Wahab and now by dropping him then. He has made sure to not select him anymore and is trying to make him irrelevant.

The injustice that has been done against Mohammad Harris must be spoken.
Idk about any politics, but haris was terrible this psl, Avg of 15 and sr of 130+ only.

However azam shouldn't have been selected either.

You lot are Hornswoggles when it comes to basic comprehension let alone cricket. So I'm good :srini
Bruh, Hornswoggle storyline wise was one of the Smartest wwe wrestlers, dude literally has so many upsets 😂😂.

I think you actually complimented him unknowingly lol.

Chacha is medicore but idk why you're angry at his selection.

Against NZ c team last year he was solid, he was also the best batsmen in our otherwise terrible 2022 wc tournament.

He doesn't perform against top teams, but literally none of our players do besides fakhar and that too once in a blue moon.

Idk about any politics, but haris was terrible this psl, Avg of 15 and sr of 130+ only.

However azam shouldn't have been selected either.
That's the trick Wahab played and wants fans to believe. He is proving to be a shrewd politician.

He dropped Mohammad Harris before the last New Zealand series citing that we are resting him for this series. He will be in the future ones. Even though Harris deserved to be on the plane to New Zealand.

Now that PSL just happened to have happen and Harris couldn't perform. Wahab has seemingly legitimately reference. He can now point out. Oh look Harris didn't perform in the last PSL. He deserved to get dropped.

Make no mistake. This is a very clever move from Wahab. Drop a deserving player under the category of rest wait till he fails in domestic/psl cricket then drop him for good under the category of lack of performance.

After doing so poorly in fitness tests, can't understand why he was selected.
Basically he's setting a precedent to all the emerging players in Pakistan that fitness doesn't matter.

As for the rest of the squad, I'm not too disappointed. We have way more match winners than I could have hoped for.
I believe the nepotism culture is strong in Pakistan.

Idk if you watched my clip on YouTube that I sent about Azam, I posted it here somewhere, but in that video azam Khan talked about how moin Khan decided to drop him for a year until azam does gym and the moment he did gym azam got rehired to play psl.

Similarly ik for a fact that Hasebullah is connected or belongs to a cricketing family. Same case for imam and shan.

These types of players keep finding a way in.

Also key thing to note: I watched azam khan's innings on YouTube with the highlights being listed 4 years back.

Azam 4 to 5 years ago wasn't obese, he was overweight yes, but his fitness looks similar to Sharjeel Khan or Inzimam, he seemed around 100 KG or 105 at most.

Flashforward 4 years he's hella obese now and looks 100x more plumb? He was recorded at 130KG, horrible fitness standards.

That's the trick Wahab played and wants fans to believe. He is proving to be a shrewd politician.

He dropped Mohammad Harris before the last New Zealand series citing that we are resting him for this series. He will be in the future ones. Even though Harris deserved to be on the plane to New Zealand.

Now that PSL just happened to have happen and Harris couldn't perform. Wahab has seemingly legitimately reference. He can now point out. Oh look Harris didn't perform in the last PSL. He deserved to get dropped.

Make no mistake. This is a very clever move from Wahab. Drop a deserving player under the category of rest wait till he fails in domestic/psl cricket then drop him for good under the category of lack of performance.
Fair enough, as I said I don't know about any political drama, but imo neither azam or haris deserve to be selected and shpuld only he in reserves.

I'm not a fan of 3 keepers in the team, Usman Khan inclusions shpuld shove a door on these 2.

Why Waseem Jnr & Agha Salman are not in the 17 man squad?
Two very notable omissions.. selected Azam khan parchi this guy can’t complete 2km run that means he is just a normal fatso not an athlete to play cricket belongs to gully cricket , many guy with his physique who are even better players rot in gully cricket because their father is not Moin khan.

Wahab says rotation policy , workload management blah blah but have selected all the frontline players to play against Newzealand C team out of fear of losing and gonna oversee them as Senior team Manager

Yousuf - head coach u-19 , national team selector , batting coach of senior team
Wahab - Sports Minister, chief selector (under the name as selector) , Senior team manager :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Very obvious line up to start with

Saim Ayub
Babar Azam
Mohammed Rizwan
Fakhar Zaman
Usman Khan
Ifthikar Ahmed
Shadab Khan
Imad Wasim
Mohammed Aamir
Shaheen Afridi
Naseem Shah

This is a solid line up. Hopefully this line up starts the world cup as well considering all perform. Shaheen and fast bowlers to be rotated.

Thank god afridi is not the captain. If he was given this same team, the guy will still slot himself between 5 and 6 in the batting line up

Two very notable omissions.. selected Azam khan parchi this guy can’t complete 2km run that means he is just a normal fatso not an athlete to play cricket belongs to gully cricket , many guy with his physique who are even better players rot in gully cricket because their father is not Moin khan.

Wahab says rotation policy , workload management blah blah but have selected all the frontline players to play against Newzealand C team out of fear of losing and gonna oversee them as Senior team Manager

Yousuf - head coach u-19 , national team selector , batting coach of senior team
Wahab - Sports Minister, chief selector (under the name as selector) , Senior team manager :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Neither agha nor Wasim Jnr deserve a place in the squad lol.

The squad is actually good, only negatives are the selection of Azam and Zaman Khan.

Ali deserved a place over Zaman. And azam can be replaced by any batsmen.

Once again, Pakistan making mostly logical selections based on PSL . In sharp contrast to India who will favour seniors no matter what happens in IPL.

Just a couple of observations. Irfan Niazi was selected mostly because he was the best athlete in Kakul.

I would have picked Mohammad Ali over Aamir because he was impressive with his accuracy, bounce and fast medium pace

Zaman Khan is easily the worst pick in this squad. A fast allrounder like Jamal probably deserved a chance.

Otherwise, this is pretty much the best squad possible.

I agree Mohammad Ali should have been picked but over Zaman Khan rather than Aamir. Aamir is worth his place in the side if we are assuming his other issues have been forgiven. Zaman Khan is a terrible bowler, and I also agree that room might have been made for Jamal who seems to be a player to rise to the occasion.

Tbh, with the exception of Zaman khan and Azam, I'm actually pretty happy with the squad.

I remember I was complaining non stop about the 2023 squad, but this squad has merit based selections.

I just hope for the England series wahab realises that zaman khan isn't needed and adds Ali in

Setting a development matrix for Haris who performed really well in a WC in Aus after purposely dropping him saying he is rested and will be in future series to give chance to the fatso and now when he had a quiet PSL the decision becomes deserved to be dropped. Kya baat hai fantastic politics from the Lahori leeches as usual.

I would have liked Mohammad Haris in the squad but fact is he hasn't performed well enough in the PSL to be selected.

Agha should have been there but other than that its pretty much the squad that I expected.

Hopefully Usama Mir and Azam Khan get exposed in this series and the job of selecting the World Cup squad becomes easier.

Harris isn’t number 6 player . Harris has to play in top order
PZ order was great. Babar and Saim followed by Haris. Proper explosive starts. Babar and Rizwan together however sucks any life out of the game.

And don’t fight about Naqvi Sahab - former CM of Punjab, current PCB Chairman and Minister of Interior. Even Rana Sanauallah are saying that he can even be the PM if he wants.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see Usman Khan make and sad to see Ifti make it. Don't know if recalls of Amir and Imad will make any difference to what is a mediocre side that has the same core group of losers but lets see.

Nope. I don’t particularly simp for Rizwan the way many in here do but I definitely think Rizwan is better than Azam and Haris is better than both long term.
The only T20 cricketer Rizwan is genuinely better than is non traveling reserve Haseebullah

EVERYONE else have some realistic T20 pedigree. Even Babar at number 3 (only) makes the team on merit at that position.

Setting a development matrix for Haris who performed really well in a WC in Aus after purposely dropping him saying he is rested and will be in future series to give chance to the fatso and now when he had a quiet PSL the decision becomes deserved to be dropped. Kya baat hai fantastic politics from the Lahori leeches as usual.
This has nothing to do with Lahore or any other city. Lets keep things relevant and controversy free.

Azam is from Karachi to start with, he was given the nod because of his CPL experience as well as his role in the middle order where he played a few explosive innings for ISLU.

Horses for courses selection.

Haris is a talent and should of been selected for the away NZ series.

But with the squad selected for this series there was no logical reason to select him squad role in mind and with his PSL form being off as well .

Wasim jr, Muhammad Ali and Salman Ali been left out was unjust in my opinion.

If you read carefully, I'm basically saying Azam Khan is not a sportsman full stop. I also said Haris deserved to be dropped and that is still valid. I want Haris to succeed, I like his style but failures are failures.

The lack of Mohammad Haris and the inclusion of Azam Khan is baffling.

Azam Khan’s fitness has only gotten worse and he’s failed in every single international match he’s ever played. Yet he continues to get selected.

Agha Salman missing out. Have a feeling his 'Imran Khan zindabad' chant got him in trouble

Back