Who will be in your Pakistan squad for the T20I series against New Zealand?

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Pakistan will be facing New Zealand for 5 five-match T20I series in the coming days. Who will be the players that you want to see in the squad for this series?

For me, The Pakistan squad for the T20I series against New Zealand includes the following players:
  • Batters: Babar Azam, Fakhar Zaman,Saim Ayub, Iftikhar Ahmed, Sahibzada Farhan, Saud Shakeel
  • Wicketkeepers: Azam Khan, Mohammad Haris, Mohammad Rizwan
  • Allrounders: Aamer Jamal, Mohammad Wasim, Abbas Afridi, Shadab Khan
  • Bowlers: Shaheen Shah Afridi ©, Abrar Ahmed, Mohammed Ali, Usama Mir, Zaman Khan
Share your squad as well.

Last edited:
Pakistan might be facing New Zealand for 5 five-match T20I series in the coming days. Who will be the players that you want to see in the squad for this series?

For me, The Pakistan squad for the T20I series against New Zealand includes the following players:
  • Batters: Babar Azam, Fakhar Zaman,Saim Ayub, Iftikhar Ahmed, Sahibzada Farhan, Saud Shakeel
  • Bowlers: Shaheen Shah Afridi ©, Abrar Ahmed, Mohammed Ali, Usama Mir, Zaman Khan
there are other batters other than openers

Last edited by a moderator:
Share your team as well. Let's see..
1 Saim
2 M haris
3 Babar
4 Fakhar
5 Salman agha
6 IFTI
7 Shadab
8 Shaheen
9 Naseem
10 Abrar
11 Zaman
12 M Ali
13 Haseebullah
14 Mehran Mumtaz
15 Usama mir
16 M Rizwan
17 Saud(in the middle order where he is suited best and played the way he plays spin is needed for PK.He can rotate the strike and hit boundaries in the middle overs)

Playing X1

Saim Ayub
Babar Azam
Fakhar Zaman
Shadab Khan
Agha Salman
Mohammed Rizwan (Wk)
Iftikhar Ahmed
Shaheen Afridi (C)
Naseem Shah
Abrar Ahmed
Mohammed Ali

Others

Khawaja Nafay
Haseebullah Khan
Aamer Jamal
Mehran Mumtaz
Zaman Khan
Abbas Afridi

Think the main team will remain as is.

I haven't seen any real stand out performers in PSL - someone who has scored well or taken bucket load of wickets (apart from Mohammad Ali)

To bring in new people so close to the WC will not be beneficial.

Having said that, a good (new) spinner could do the trick

Pakistan might be facing New Zealand for 5 five-match T20I series in the coming days. Who will be the players that you want to see in the squad for this series?

Sorry, I forgot about Naseem. Mohammad ali out. Naseem IN

Batters -
Saim Ayub
Fakhar Zaman
Sahibzada Farhan
Babar Azam
Ifikhar Ahmed
Salman Agha

Wicketkeepers -
Mohammad Haris
Azam Khan

All-Rounders -
Shadab Khan
Aamir Jamal

Bowlers -
Naseem Shah
Shaheen Afridi
Mohammad Ali
Zaman Khan
Usama Mir
Abbas Afridi
Mehran Mumtaz
Abrar Ahmed

Rizwan, Babar and Shaheen should rest.

Besides that, we can choose whatever team from remaining players.

But we all know what is going to happen.

I want to choose the 11 worst players in domestic cricket and play them in this series just to see what happens.

Probably not much difference.

I want to choose the 11 worst players in domestic cricket and play them in this series just to see what happens.

Thats because those 11 worst domestic players wont be playing for their averages.

Some really poor names there.

- Saud barely can clear the rope
- M. Haris complete failure
- Wasim jnr played 5 games and leaked 40+ runs in 4 of them, also dropped as well
- Z. Khan and Abbas have been mediocre

Doesn't bode well for Pak in the WC

As it will be a C/D string NZ side, realistically the only one that warrants sitting out is Shaheen as he is probably the only Tier 1/2 International level player.

For T20, Babar and Rizwan will be playing at their level against these B/c string sides. No point resting them against opponents at their level

As it will be a C/D string NZ side, realistically the only one that warrants sitting out is Shaheen as he is probably the only Tier 1/2 International level player.

For T20, Babar and Rizwan will be playing at their level against these B/c string sides. No point resting them against opponents at their level
Very harsh opinion on 2 of the 3 best cricketers of your team

Think the main team will remain as is.

I haven't seen any real stand out performers in PSL - someone who has scored well or taken bucket load of wickets (apart from Mohammad Ali)

To bring in new people so close to the WC will not be beneficial.

Having said that, a good (new) spinner could do the trick

Saud Shakeel

Remove Azam and Chachu

Usman Tariq
Naseem
Mehran Mumtaz
Saim
Babar
Rizwan
Iftikhar
Sahibzada Farhan
Khurram Shehzad

Very harsh opinion on 2 of the 3 best cricketers of your team
Do you want to trade Babar and Rizwan for Suryakumar and Jaiswal?

You can have these two for the two players I mentioned. I will throw in Abdullah Shafique as a bonus

People who chose Ifthikhar smh 🤦🏽 about to get disappointed. He is not an International Level Player! He won’t perform!

Batters -
Saim Ayub
Fakhar Zaman
Sahibzada Farhan
Babar Azam
Ifikhar Ahmed
Salman Agha

Wicketkeepers -
Mohammad Haris
Azam Khan

All-Rounders -
Shadab Khan
Aamir Jamal

Bowlers -
Naseem Shah
Shaheen Afridi
Mohammad Ali
Zaman Khan
Usama Mir
Abbas Afridi
Mehran Mumtaz
Abrar Ahmed
For sure u didn’t watch Ifthikhar in New Zealand Series 🤦🏽

It's such an overdose of PAK playing the same opposition once again albeit this time being their sub team.

Do you want to trade Babar and Rizwan for Suryakumar and Jaiswal?

You can have these two for the two players I mentioned. I will throw in Abdullah Shafique as a bonus
Dravid will agree and let them play for india,if they settle in Bangalore

Shaheen Shah Afridi (c)
Babar Azam
Mohammad Rizwan
Fakhar Zaman
Saim Ayub
Mohammad Haris
Iftikhar Ahmed
Agha Salman
Shadab Khan
Aamer Jamal
Mohammad Wasim Jr.
Naseem Shah
Abbas Afridi
Zaman Khan
Abrar Ahmed
Usama Mir

Not a fan of Usama Mir but I don't think you can leave him out based on his performances.

The PSL not that I watch it doesn't produce many stars for the national side, Correct me if I am wrong.

People who chose Ifthikhar smh 🤦🏽 about to get disappointed. He is not an International Level Player! He won’t perform!
People are choosing Azam Khan. I mean how can you have such a player be part of the team, how can you even accept that?

Right, after much thinking and deliberation I think I've finally settled on a T20 XI I'm happy with it. A side that need to be backed and given a long run together.

Saim
Babar
Haris (WK)
Rizzy (C)
Ifti
Haider
Shadab
Shaheen
Mehran
Naseem
Rauf/another seamer.

Bench: salman agha, sahibzada farhan, usama mir, wasim Jr, aamir jamal, irfan khan niazi, ihsanullah (once fit).

Entire side has been out of form recently but this could be the side to propel us to future glory. Saim and Mehran are special special talents. Haris and haider can clear boundaries for fun but lack consistency. Both can hit huge 6s for fun but equally prone to throwing it away just as quickly. This is their redemption trail in sha Allah. Rizzy, Babar and ifti provide the experience to mix in the with flair and fearlessness of saim, haris and haider.

Shadabs bowling internationally has left a lot to be desired but him and mehran who I think has the potential to be a real star along with the emergence of Saims bowling in the PSL and iftis decent offies forms a good spin attack.

Our seamers have been concern of late. Shaheens lost his mojo and Rauf with the new ball is always expensive. We just need to hope it clicks with the return of Naseem.

Also and finally the issue of captaincy. Rizwan IMHO is the best captain and thinking mind in Pakistan. Take this burden off shaheen, he's our spearhead fast bowler. Let him concentrate on his bowling. Let haris Don the gloves and allow rizwan the free reign as a captain with Babar vice.

Would love to hear your thoughts? Excited about this XI.

Right, after much thinking and deliberation I think I've finally settled on a T20 XI I'm happy with it. A side that need to be backed and given a long run together.

Saim
Babar
Haris (WK)
Rizzy (C)
Ifti
Haider
Shadab
Shaheen
Mehran
Naseem
Rauf/another seamer.

Bench: salman agha, sahibzada farhan, usama mir, wasim Jr, aamir jamal, irfan khan niazi, ihsanullah (once fit).

Entire side has been out of form recently but this could be the side to propel us to future glory. Saim and Mehran are special special talents. Haris and haider can clear boundaries for fun but lack consistency. Both can hit huge 6s for fun but equally prone to throwing it away just as quickly. This is their redemption trail in sha Allah. Rizzy, Babar and ifti provide the experience to mix in the with flair and fearlessness of saim, haris and haider.

Shadabs bowling internationally has left a lot to be desired but him and mehran who I think has the potential to be a real star along with the emergence of Saims bowling in the PSL and iftis decent offies forms a good spin attack.

Our seamers have been concern of late. Shaheens lost his mojo and Rauf with the new ball is always expensive. We just need to hope it clicks with the return of Naseem.

Also and finally the issue of captaincy. Rizwan IMHO is the best captain and thinking mind in Pakistan. Take this burden off shaheen, he's our spearhead fast bowler. Let him concentrate on his bowling. Let haris Don the gloves and allow rizwan the free reign as a captain with Babar vice.

Would love to hear your thoughts? Excited about this XI.
these is no way rizwan is paying number 4 below Haris? Nay... And rauf's names should never be mentioned here. He is a dead beat now. Should let him play domestics for a season or 2.

It’s a great opportunity to test out some combinations. Not sure why people are suggesting we rest players this close to a tournament. We do not have much cricket scheduled between now and the WC - we should be trying to figure out our main combination and give our best players match practice.

Ihansullah must be given a chance.

Also dahani deserves another chance. It's a joke he gets discarded after one or 2 bad games. He dint even play all that bad vs india

Saim
Babar
Fakhar
Rizwan

Middle order
Agha Salman
Ifthi chachu
Usman Khan
Azam / Haris

All rounders
Shadab
Imad
Abbas Afridi

Spinners
Abraar Ahmed
Usama mir
Mehran Mumtaz

Pacers
Shaheen
Naseem
Rauf
Amir

Ihansullah must be given a chance.

Also dahani deserves another chance. It's a joke he gets discarded after one or 2 bad games. He dint even play all that bad vs india
Ihsanullah would have made the squad if he wasn't injured.

First, need to sit out Babar Azam, Mohammad Rizwan, and Shadab Khan. They are known quantities, you know what you are getting from them and are virtually guaranteed world cup spots. No point playing them in this series.

1. Mohammad Haris
2. Saim Ayub
Tell these two "you have a guaranteed opening spot every match this series, go out and play freely" and see what happens

3. Agha Salman
4. Usman Khan (assuming he plays)
5. Azam Khan
I know, Azam Khan, but he averaged 25 at a 175 strike this PSL. He's horrendous too look at but I have no problem giving him a few matches this series. Ifty is another option here.

6. Ifthikar Ahmed
7. Imad Wasim
8. Usama Mir
9. Shaheen Afridi
10. Naseem Shah
11. Zaman Khan

12. Abrar Ahmed
13. Irfan Khan
14. Mohammad Ali
15. Abbas Afridi

My playing 11 for upcoming NZ series:

1) Farhan
2) Usman Khan
3) Babar Azam
4) Ifti chachu
5) Haris
6) Imad
7) Aamer Jamal
8) Abrar
9) Naseem
10) Shaheen (C)
11) Muhammad Ali

12) Shadab
13) Saim
14) Abbas Afridi
15) Fakhar Zaman

Why not dahani
Because he is a comical guy and is not serious about his game. He is more into "I sat with this guy, I met that guy" type stuff.

We need players for this series who are 100 percent sure shot for the World Cup as well barring 1 or max 2 changes.

Saim
babar
rizwan
fakhar
Shadab
Iftikhar
Imad
Shaheen
Naseem
Aamer jamal
wasim jr
abrar ahmed
amir
Salman ali agha
saud shakeel (if he is willing to play in the middle order else leave him out as well)

It’s a great opportunity to test out some combinations. Not sure why people are suggesting we rest players this close to a tournament. We do not have much cricket scheduled between now and the WC - we should be trying to figure out our main combination and give our best players match practice.

Obviously you want Babar and Rizwan to bash NZ C team to gloat.

Then pretend they magically lost form when facing proper teams in T20 World Cup.

Obviously you want Babar and Rizwan to bash NZ C team to gloat.

Then pretend they magically lost form when facing proper teams in T20 World Cup.
The only reason you assume this is because you think everyone has black and white, every thing about cricket is seen through the lens of Babar and Rizwan. Please get them out of your heads so we can actually discuss cricketing matters.

I want to play a full strength side because I don’t want to go with the current batting order/combination but would rather test new ones. I do not want Rizwan as our opener so I’d rather try Saim with other options while we still have the chance to.

Also all teams play their full strength sides this close to a tournament. The only limitation is IPL and of course most of the best players will be missing for that. New Zealand played their full strength T20 team against us as early as January this year in the series we played against them.

The only reason you assume this is because you think everyone has black and white, every thing about cricket is seen through the lens of Babar and Rizwan. Please get them out of your heads so we can actually discuss cricketing matters.

I want to play a full strength side because I don’t want to go with the current batting order/combination but would rather test new ones. I do not want Rizwan as our opener so I’d rather try Saim with other options while we still have the chance to.

Also all teams play their full strength sides this close to a tournament. The only limitation is IPL and of course most of the best players will be missing for that. New Zealand played their full strength T20 team against us as early as January this year in the series we played against them.
The only problem with this analogy is assuming our full strength side doesn't have any gaps to fill.

The reason NZ performed well is because they filled gaps with rachin opening, Mitchell replacing Williamson while he was injured etc.

The reality is our full strength side has no middle order, No 4 isn't ideal, No 5, no 6 and 7 are non existent.

Beyond the top order nothing is settled even the bowling combination isn't set.

If we go for the usual past combo of

1) Rizwan
2) Saim
3) Babar
4) Fakhar
5) Shadab
6) Iftikhar
7) Usama mir
8) Shaheen
9) Naseem
10) Rauf
11) abrar

Then this team will collapse badly.

Fakhar role isn't ideal, Shadab is not a no 5, Chacha best playing style should move him up the order, Usama mir despite being our best spinner in psl and should be given a chance if we are being fair, isn't a batter and doesn't deserve no 7

Rauf is no longer present so we need a replacement bowler etc.

These gaps needs to be filled hence a 2nd string team against nz 2nd string would allow us to find the perfect people for these gaps and then we can play full strength against eng and in t20.

We need to find out where inad and Amir fit in now their back or if they fit in at all, we need to discover where usman Khan would fit in if he manages to perform, etc etc.

Alot of things need to be managed, you're acting like our full strength is perfect, it isn't.

Also as for your point on all teams play full strength 24/7 unless ipl, again untrue, 2018 India wrecked us in asia cup despite not playing full strength. No seniors lol.

The only problem with this analogy is assuming our full strength side doesn't have any gaps to fill.

The reason NZ performed well is because they filled gaps with rachin opening, Mitchell replacing Williamson while he was injured etc.

The reality is our full strength side has no middle order, No 4 isn't ideal, No 5, no 6 and 7 are non existent.

Beyond the top order nothing is settled even the bowling combination isn't set.

If we go for the usual past combo of

1) Rizwan
2) Saim
3) Babar
4) Fakhar
5) Shadab
6) Iftikhar
7) Usama mir
8) Shaheen
9) Naseem
10) Rauf
11) abrar

Then this team will collapse badly.

Fakhar role isn't ideal, Shadab is not a no 5, Chacha best playing style should move him up the order, Usama mir despite being our best spinner in psl and should be given a chance if we are being fair, isn't a batter and doesn't deserve no 7

Rauf is no longer present so we need a replacement bowler etc.

These gaps needs to be filled hence a 2nd string team against nz 2nd string would allow us to find the perfect people for these gaps and then we can play full strength against eng and in t20.

We need to find out where inad and Amir fit in now their back or if they fit in at all, we need to discover where usman Khan would fit in if he manages to perform, etc etc.

Alot of things need to be managed, you're acting like our full strength is perfect, it isn't.

Also as for your point on all teams play full strength 24/7 unless ipl, again untrue, 2018 India wrecked us in asia cup despite not playing full strength. No seniors lol.
Full strength just means selecting players who can be expected to possibly play in the upcoming WC. I think we maybe we just mean different things when we say full strength.

Saim is part of a full strength team and he should be opening every single match to get match practice before the WC. The best performers of PSL should be rotated in to see where they fit best and if they can compete in international cricket. Usman Khan clearly has to get a run as either opener or #3 where he played for MS.

Our batting combination is completely out of it so far and we don’t even know who our third pacer and spinner will be so we clearly need to test our best options. The only people who should rest are Naseem and it also Shaheen if it he was not captaining because at this point they’re playing the WC no matter what.

Full strength just means selecting players who can be expected to possibly play in the upcoming WC. I think we maybe we just mean different things when we say full strength.

Saim is part of a full strength team and he should be opening every single match to get match practice before the WC. The best performers of PSL should be rotated in to see where they fit best and if they can compete in international cricket. Usman Khan clearly has to get a run as either opener or #3 where he played for MS.

Our batting combination is completely out of it so far and we don’t even know who our third pacer and spinner will be so we clearly need to test our best options. The only people who should rest are Naseem and it also Shaheen if it he was not captaining because at this point they’re playing the WC no matter what.
Either rest babar, rizwan, and the senior players and try young blood and then incorporate them into the main squad later or play a hybrid model.

The hybrid model I don't mind, the hybrid model is basically you play the people who are guaranteed in their positions

Like saim, Babar, Rizwan, Shaheen etc.

Everyone else you swip swap amongst the pool of 29 we've selected and choose the best ones from their on out.

That way you can decide if fakhar is your best no 4 or if there's someone better or if usama mir can carry over his form from psl or if abrar shpuld be the permanent go to spinner from now.

As much as I don't like babar and rizwan, if I'm being fair bcci doesn't exactly let people occupy no 3 or no 1 just because kohli and rohit get rested and kishan manages to score a 200.

So they'll have to adjust and wait.

But ideally a hybrid approach is needed.

Going full strength is suicide, our no 4, no 5, no 6 and no 7 is not settled and neither is pur bowling combo, besides the top 3 who have confirmed positions nothing else is settled.

We'll be in another horror show, we did this against NZ in 2023. We kept and kept sticking to one formula which was a combo of

1) Fakhar
2) Imam
3) Babar
4) Rizwan
5) Agha
6) Chacha
7) Shadab
8) Nawaz
9) Shaheen
10) Naseem
11) Rauf

^^ We kept and kept playing this without any adjustments until the winning 11 got butchered, even though in this 11 agha, nawaz, Rauf and imam were clearly out of it.

This resulted in panic, And Abdullah, usama and saud being drafted in last minute in asia cup, without any match practise as well as fakhar's col form giving everyone a needless fright Abdullah managed to score, but saud and usama didn't do anything. This is what happens when you don't identify your weak players early, experiment with options and then randomly pick debutant and expect then to perform in world cup pressure stages. Its a failed formula that pcb has been repeating since 2012.

Because he is a comical guy and is not serious about his game. He is more into "I sat with this guy, I met that guy" type stuff.

We need players for this series who are 100 percent sure shot for the World Cup as well barring 1 or max 2 changes.

Saim
babar
rizwan
fakhar
Shadab
Iftikhar
Imad
Shaheen
Naseem
Aamer jamal
wasim jr
abrar ahmed
amir
Salman ali agha
saud shakeel (if he is willing to play in the middle order else leave him out as well)
Amir is picked? As much as I hate him, I can't deny how talented he is for LOI.

With amir there is always a chance

Either rest babar, rizwan, and the senior players and try young blood and then incorporate them into the main squad later or play a hybrid model.

The hybrid model I don't mind, the hybrid model is basically you play the people who are guaranteed in their positions

Like saim, Babar, Rizwan, Shaheen etc.

Everyone else you swip swap amongst the pool of 29 we've selected and choose the best ones from their on out.

That way you can decide if fakhar is your best no 4 or if there's someone better or if usama mir can carry over his form from psl or if abrar shpuld be the permanent go to spinner from now.

As much as I don't like babar and rizwan, if I'm being fair bcci doesn't exactly let people occupy no 3 or no 1 just because kohli and rohit get rested and kishan manages to score a 200.

So they'll have to adjust and wait.

But ideally a hybrid approach is needed.

Going full strength is suicide, our no 4, no 5, no 6 and no 7 is not settled and neither is pur bowling combo, besides the top 3 who have confirmed positions nothing else is settled.

We'll be in another horror show, we did this against NZ in 2023. We kept and kept sticking to one formula which was a combo of

1) Fakhar
2) Imam
3) Babar
4) Rizwan
5) Agha
6) Chacha
7) Shadab
8) Nawaz
9) Shaheen
10) Naseem
11) Rauf

^^ We kept and kept playing this without any adjustments until the winning 11 got butchered, even though in this 11 agha, nawaz, Rauf and imam were clearly out of it.

This resulted in panic, And Abdullah, usama and saud being drafted in last minute in asia cup, without any match practise as well as fakhar's col form giving everyone a needless fright Abdullah managed to score, but saud and usama didn't do anything. This is what happens when you don't identify your weak players early, experiment with options and then randomly pick debutant and expect then to perform in world cup pressure stages. Its a failed formula that pcb has been repeating since 2012.
Yeah I think we agree then and just meant different things by full strength. I would rest even more players because some are almost certainly gonna play the T20 WC now like Shaheen, Naseem, Babar but also at the same time it’s important to figure out what our batting order is and also how we are gonna do our bowling changes.

If we have Shaheen, Naseem, Amir, and Imad all bowling on our team then we need to figure something out because all of these guys usually take the new ball.

Yeah I think we agree then and just meant different things by full strength. I would rest even more players because some are almost certainly gonna play the T20 WC now like Shaheen, Naseem, Babar but also at the same time it’s important to figure out what our batting order is and also how we are gonna do our bowling changes.

If we have Shaheen, Naseem, Amir, and Imad all bowling on our team then we need to figure something out because all of these guys usually take the new ball.
I don't want to rest babar for more then 2 or 3 games because he also needs match practise before the cup.

But I don't want the same tired, let's play our so called winning 11 against c string and panic once it's get butchered despite their being glaring weakness in the so called winning 11.

Pakistan doesn't understand that winning 11 does not equate to strongest 11.

Besides our opening and maybe bowling as shaheen and naseem will probs be frontline nothing is settled. Spinners, middle and lower order have zero thought and prep put into it.

Amir is picked? As much as I hate him, I can't deny how talented he is for LOI.

With amir there is always a chance
Yes amir will go ahead of run-machine haris rauf. Who I know will make his way into the squad because shaheen likes him.

But it depends on conditions. He is quick and can move the ball.
He is a non-serious individual. More into media than his game. He needs to be serious and focused on his game first. Let him grind in domestics for now.

Best team you can send

1) Saud Shakeel (Classy bat) otherwise fakhar zaman is fakhar is in form
2) Saim ayub
3) Babar Azam (Needs to learn how to improve his sr)
4) Usman Khan (Maybe try him at 4 due to his spin bashing)
5) Imad waseem (Was a goat no 5 in psl)
6) Chacha (I'm cool with it, because pcb is incompetent in developing a rising allrounder) plus he can maybe bowl 1 or 2, otherwise go for haider Ali ig)
7) Muhammad haris (can be decent as a no 7)
8) Shaheen Afridi (c)
9) Naseem shah
10) Mohammad Ali/ Amir( Amir is a tourney bowler but Ali needs the go ahead for now due to psl form)
11) Usman mir/ Abrar (Usama needs one last go due to psl form, otherwise back to domestic to improve before coming back, otherwise abrar as main pick)

Best team you can send

1) Saud Shakeel (Classy bat) otherwise fakhar zaman is fakhar is in form
2) Saim ayub
3) Babar Azam (Needs to learn how to improve his sr)
4) Usman Khan (Maybe try him at 4 due to his spin bashing)
5) Imad waseem (Was a goat no 5 in psl)
6) Chacha (I'm cool with it, because pcb is incompetent in developing a rising allrounder) plus he can maybe bowl 1 or 2, otherwise go for haider Ali ig)
7) Muhammad haris (can be decent as a no 7)
8) Shaheen Afridi (c)
9) Naseem shah
10) Mohammad Ali/ Amir( Amir is a tourney bowler but Ali needs the go ahead for now due to psl form)
11) Usman mir/ Abrar (Usama needs one last go due to psl form, otherwise back to domestic to improve before coming back, otherwise abrar as main pick)
your team is based on maybe, can be type guys. Haider ali? seriously?

your team is based on maybe, can be type guys. Haider ali? seriously?
Haider Ali in psl played a clutch game at no 6.

It's the job of the top order to atleast get a decent score by over 16.

Haider Ali and haris are good enough to come and strike some sixes for the final 4 overs. Their not needed to make big big scores. I'd rather choose these 2 over someone who'll just consume dot balls and then randomly strike in his arc when quality bowlers won't give him that luxury, I'm only keeping chacha as frontline due to bowling ability.

Haider Ali in psl played a clutch game at no 6.

It's the job of the top order to atleast get a decent score by over 16.

Haider Ali and haris are good enough to come and strike some sixes for the final 4 overs. Their not needed to make big big scores. I'd rather choose these 2 over someone who'll just consume dot balls and then randomly strike in his arc when quality bowlers won't give him that luxury, I'm only keeping chacha as frontline due to bowling ability.
Haider Ali only played one good innings bro. He got a long run in T20 internationals and has already played 35 matches where he failed. He needs to prove himself much more to deserve a spot back in the side.

Haider Ali only played one good innings bro. He got a long run in T20 internationals and has already played 35 matches where he failed. He needs to prove himself much more to deserve a spot back in the side.
You can have chacha as a no 6, I don't mind. But the whole dot ball then one hit six won't make a huge difference.

You can have chacha as a no 6, I don't mind. But the whole dot ball then one hit six won't make a huge difference.
We have better options than Haider Ali even if we don’t include Iftikhar in my opinion.

Also I like your squad, but I would just drop Saud and have everyone drop down a spot.

Saim
Babar
Usman Khan
Fakhar

Or something like this.

We have better options than Haider Ali even if we don’t include Iftikhar in my opinion.

Also I like your squad, but I would just drop Saud and have everyone drop down a spot.

Saim
Babar
Usman Khan
Fakhar

Or something like this.
Who would you suggest?

Who would you suggest?
Not a 100% sure and here’s why:

I guarantee that no matter what at this point, Babar, Shaheen, Naseem, and Shadab are basically guaranteed to play for our WC.

I’m not saying that as a good or bad thing, I just think that’s what’s going to happen based on the way our team’s selections have functioned and the recent PSL performances.

So with that in mind, I think a decent batting lineup could be something like:

Saim
Babar
Usman Khan
Fakhar
Shadab
Iftikhar
Harris/Imad
Shaheen
Usama/Abrar
Naseem
Abbas Afridi

Without Fakhar then I think we could have

Saim
Babar
Harris
Usman Khan
Shadab
Iftikhar
Imad

These guys were basically the best performers in the PSL. Agha Salman is potentially another option because he also gives some spin overs. Or like you said Saud can be in here somewhere.

I’m not really sure, I think PZ had a very strong top 3 and Babar/Saim work better than Babar/

If it was up to me, I’d go:
Saim
Harris
Babar
Usman Khan
Shadab
Iftikhar
Imad

I think this looks like a strong lineup.

I guarantee that no matter what at this point, Babar, Shaheen, Naseem, and Shadab are basically guaranteed to play for our WC.

I’m not saying that as a good or bad thing, I just think that’s what’s going to happen based on the way our team’s selections have functioned and the recent PSL performances.

Saim
Babar
Usman Khan
Fakhar
Shadab
Iftikhar
Harris/Imad
Shaheen
Usama/Abrar
Naseem
Abbas Afridi

Saim
Babar
Harris
Usman Khan
Shadab
Iftikhar
Imad

These guys were basically the best performers in the PSL. Agha Salman is potentially another option because he also gives some spin overs. Or like you said Saud can be in here somewhere.

I’m not really sure, I think PZ had a very strong top 3 and Babar/Saim work better than Babar/

Saim
Harris
Babar
Usman Khan
Shadab
Iftikhar
Imad

Babar, Shaheen, Shadab, Naseem, Rizwan, chacha, Saim are all confirmed 100%

The rest idk.

Saim
Babar
Usman Khan
Fakhar
Shadab
Iftikhar
Harris/Imad
Shaheen
Usama/Abrar
Naseem
Abbas Afridi

Saim
Babar
Harris
Usman Khan
Shadab
Iftikhar
Imad

Saim
Harris
Babar
Usman Khan
Shadab
Iftikhar
Imad

you are missing Rizwan here. His place is confirmed and he might be our opener again till he sacrifices his place for Babr and saim to open.

He is a non-serious individual. More into media than his game. He needs to be serious and focused on his game first. Let him grind in domestics for now.
Dint he play quetta last season. He did ok there in terrible conditions

1. Shaheen Shah Afridi (c)
2. Mohammad Rizwan (wk)
3. Saim Ayub
4. Babar Azam
5. Fakhar Zaman
6. Usman Khan
7. Iftikhar Ahmed
8. Shadab Khan
9. Imad Wasim
10. Naseem Shah
11. Mohammad Amir

12. Abrar Ahmed
13. Haris Rauf
14. Agha Salman
15. Mohammad Haris
16. Aamer Jamal
17. Mohammad Wasim Jr.

1. Shaheen Shah Afridi (c)
2. Mohammad Rizwan (wk)
3. Saim Ayub
4. Babar Azam
5. Fakhar Zaman
6. Usman Khan
7. Iftikhar Ahmed
8. Shadab Khan
9. Imad Wasim
10. Naseem Shah
11. Mohammad Amir

12. Abrar Ahmed
13. Haris Rauf
14. Agha Salman
15. Mohammad Haris
16. Aamer Jamal
17. Mohammad Wasim Jr.
I will not take haris rauf in the squad atm. The rest of the team looks fine. Will be the same one for me as well.

Special attention to pitches be given rather than flatbeds spinning wickets be made to challenge for t20 WC.

Rizwan
Saim
Babar
Fakhar
Usman
Shadab
Imad
Jamal/WasimJr
SSA/Zaman
Naseem
Mir/Abbas Afiridi

Anyone who returns safely from the Kakul training camp on their feet will become part of the squad. :ROFLMAO:

I'd like to see PAK play a really bold XI and go

Saim
Babar
Usman
Shadab
Azam
Jamal
Iftikhar
Imad
Shaheen
Naseem
Mohammad Ali

4 pace and 4 spin options to choose from depending on the pitch and batting depth until 8 with both Shaheen and Naseem able to slog with Imad to be used as a floater.

Not sure what PCB is trying to cook here. Kakul camp is not like an in-game training stuff. It is more of a strength and fitness camp. Squad should be based on performances rather than who can run 2kms and who cannot.

-------------------------

LAHORE: Pakistan squad for the upcoming five-match T20I series against New Zealand might not be announced before April 8 since the selectors will hold another meeting on Sunday, according to sources.

SOURCE: GeoSuper​

I'd like to see PAK play a really bold XI and go

Saim
Babar
Usman
Shadab
Azam
Jamal
Iftikhar
Imad
Shaheen
Naseem
Mohammad Ali

4 pace and 4 spin options to choose from depending on the pitch and batting depth until 8 with both Shaheen and Naseem able to slog with Imad to be used as a floater.
Bold and Pakistan don't mix well

Saim
Rizwan
Babar
Fakhar
Agha Salman
Usman Khan
Shadab
Imad
Shaheen
Naseem

Water and Kit cleaner Ifthikhar.