Mohammad Rizwan appointed as Vice-Captain for Pakistan T20I side

Where is your line up? With Asif Ali as a captain?
Yes

I would rather have him captaining because he plays for his team. Not for his agency or the PCB paid cake you get for scoring a 50

You would think after his pathetic performances vs New Zealand, Rizwan's fans would give up on their quest to make him captain but alas

Honestly I say bring him in. Pakistan cricket is already at its lowest point so lets go lower, maybe into associate levels because hey at least Rizbar will be scoring 50s

You would think after his pathetic performances vs New Zealand, Rizwan's fans would give up on their quest to make him captain but alas

Honestly I say bring him in. Pakistan cricket is already at its lowest point so lets go lower, maybe into associate levels because hey at least Rizbar will be scoring 50s
It’s funny how none of them besides one maybe actually wants to respond to my honest question of what the plan would be or is likely to be with their favourite Rizwan as captain.

Which so far suggests to me that…they are all clueless, and just want him to be captain Or maybe they like his amazing interviews? I don’t know, what is the plan?

Last edited by a moderator:

He was one of our leading runs scorers. Get a grip. Even though he was average in that series.

It’s funny how none of them besides one maybe actually wants to respond to my honest question of what the plan would be or is likely to be with their favourite Rizwan as captain.

Which so far suggests to me that…they are all clueless, and just want him to be captain because maybe they like his lipstick or his hugs and kisses. Or maybe they like his amazing interviews? I don’t know, what is the plan?
Shaheen is Pakistan current captain. Why is there a need for rizwan to be the captain?

Three wins in three.

Standard service for the best white ball captain in Pakistan.

Thanks to Rizwan, MS are already huge favourites to progress and the tournament has barely begun.

Compare this to Sharjeel who couldn’t win a single pathetic game across the entire SPL lol.

There are levels to understanding cricket. Results speak for themselves while the tears of fans with cricketing learning difficulties will keep flowing.

There is no quest to make anyone captain.

In fact I’d rather Rizwan wasn’t made captain as quite frankly he has enough to do as it is.

But there is no doubt he is the best man available to lead Pakistan in white ball cricket.

Shaheen was absolutely destroyed by Rizwan today proving there is no comparison between their respective abilities as captain.

Yes

I would rather have him captaining because he plays for his team. Not for his agency or the PCB paid cake you get for scoring a 50
You can't play for the team if you struggle to last more than a few balls.

Asif Ali is not good enough to play for himself or the agency as both know he won't last long enough.
Why doesn’t your captain play in the ILT20? Too scared to be exposed amidst the real T20 cricketers?

Scoring runs in the PSL…where Iftikhar and Khushdil score runs too

What happens to these guys at international level or outside of Pakistan?

Don’t repeat the same mistakes boys. Don’t get your hopes up high

Let's see how many runs Iftikhar and Khushdil will end up compare to Rizwan by the end of the tournament. And this after Rizwan will be keeping wickets too as well staging fun dramas on the field too.

I'm not the biggest fan of Rizwan admittedly but I'd much rather have him as T20I captain than Shaheen.

One of the greatest t20 captains, keepers, stuntmen and batsmen in PSL history.

Let’s keep him in just PSL.

Shaheen dropped a fairly easy catch. Rizwan would have been a goner after run-a-ball innings but thanks to Shaheen. But still, a good case. Rizwan calculated it nicely and he played some beauty of shots as well.

Will he choose Iftikhar or Khushdil as his vice captain?
By the looks of it, Iftikhar will be his man and right hand for this job. But IMO, Shaheen should not be replaced too soon. World cup is coming and let him lead. Rizwan can be captain after that if PCB wants this change.

By the looks of it, Iftikhar will be his man and right hand for this job. But IMO, Shaheen should not be replaced too soon. World cup is coming and let him lead. Rizwan can be captain after that if PCB wants this change.
I believe Shaheen should be replaced but not with Rizwan rather Saifi or Saud at the helm

Great captaincy

I think this is the second time in 2 games where they have had to field 4 fielders in the last over or couple of overs because of slow over rate

Salman Butt in an interview shared his thoughts on Rizwan and Pakistan's captaincy options:

"No body is even talking about Rizwan's(captaincy). People are worried about removing Shaheen Afridi because he is the captain now and talking of reinstating the old one (Babar Azam) because injustice was done to him but no body will talk about appointing Rizwan as captain who is the most consistent and winning captain. So one needs to ask them what they want?. Thinks not work like that that you keep on replacing captain after every two months. If you have appointed Shaheen then trust on him, he has been captain only for one series and in PSL he does not has Rashid Khan(thus failing)"

Multan Sultans coach Abdul Rehman on Rizwan's captaincy:

"I won't rank whether he is number 1,2, or 3 but he is a very good captain, other captains are good too but we too quickly brand someone as very good or bad. Shaheen is also a good captain and has won two tournaments for his team"

Rizwan being captain means Pakistan will get fined in every match, because he slows the game down so much, either via having issues with the screen, or giving himself infinite injuries, or taking forever to decide if a drs should be taken or not.

Rizwan is not having a good season so far as a battar. He looked pretty off-color in batting. Not sure if he should open in the next T20 series.

My issue with rizwan after observing him as a captain is that while he is decent at field placements and bowler rotation, he kinda is extremely soft as a captain. Zero aggression, like brother, emulate Dhoni, you're a wicket keeper man, you can be nice, cool and calm bit also aggressive at the same time.

No need to hug your players if their receiving a thrashing of 20 runs per over.

My issue with rizwan after observing him as a captain is that while he is decent at field placements and bowler rotation, he kinda is extremely soft as a captain. Zero aggression, like brother, emulate Dhoni, you're a wicket keeper man, you can be nice, cool and calm bit also aggressive at the same time.

No need to hug your players if their receiving a thrashing of 20 runs per over.
It’s all a show

He has to show Pakistan that he isn’t a captain who scolds his bowlers unlike Sarfaraz. He has to look better than Sarfaraz.

I change my opinion on strategy as well. Field placements were decent but his slow overates means one less fielder.

Also don't get the logic of bowling wiess out by 16th and having usama and abass, 2 bowlers who were getting tonked, bowl at the end.

The strategy employed was terrible. And him being excessively soft doesnt help.

It’s all a show

He has to show Pakistan that he isn’t a captain who scolds his bowlers unlike Sarfaraz. He has to look better than Sarfaraz.

Salman Butt in an interview shared his thoughts on Rizwan and Pakistan's captaincy options:

"No body is even talking about Rizwan's(captaincy). People are worried about removing Shaheen Afridi because he is the captain now and talking of reinstating the old one (Babar Azam) because injustice was done to him but no body will talk about appointing Rizwan as captain who is the most consistent and winning captain. So one needs to ask them what they want?. Thinks not work like that that you keep on replacing captain after every two months. If you have appointed Shaheen then trust on him, he has been captain only for one series and in PSL he does not has Rashid Khan(thus failing)"
Nobody should be talking about his as captain

He will have to play in the team as an opener, and that’s already an advantage to the opposition

Back