Pakistan squad for the 5-match T20I series against New Zealand announced

Have Pakistan chosen the right squad for the 5 match T20I series?

• Total voters
I initially misread and thought you posted a clip of yourself with your views.

Yeah, I saw the video and I've also seen other videos in the past about how he'll focus more on his fitness. The sincerity in some of his previous videos about how he wants to loose weight - I really thought we were progressively going to be seeing a new and improved Azam Khan in the years to come. How talk is cheap. Seems like he always opts for shortcuts.

In fact it's always the problem I've had with overweight cricketers - they prefer the path of taking shortcuts. Nasir Jamshed, Sharjeel Khan taking the shortcut for money hence match fixing. Umar Akmal to a certain degree too.

I basically don't trust overweight cricketers to make right decisions. Unless of course there is a medial diagnosis like thyroid issues or anything else.

On a side note, you should consider making some videos for PP!!

AlrightE

I initially misread and thought you posted a clip of yourself with your views.

Yeah, I saw the video and I've also seen other videos in the past about how he'll focus more on his fitness. The sincerity in some of his previous videos about how he wants to loose weight - I really thought we were progressively going to be seeing a new and improved Azam Khan in the years to come. How talk is cheap. Seems like he always opts for shortcuts.

In fact it's always the problem I've had with overweight cricketers - they prefer the path of taking shortcuts. Nasir Jamshed, Sharjeel Khan taking the shortcut for money hence match fixing. Umar Akmal to a certain degree too.

I basically don't trust overweight cricketers to make right decisions. Unless of course there is a medial diagnosis like thyroid issues or anything else.

To be 100% fair to Azam, it seems no one has coached him properly on fitness standards either.

He was never going to be able to complete the military training.

The issue with azam is the issue that most obese people have, and that's denial.

Azam in his own mind believes he's very atheletic, and that his size is useful for power hitting which is obviously not true, Muscle > Fat easily, in fact being overweight reduces your raw strength.

Even when he got dropped, he claimed in that video that he was quote on quote working hard, but he was still plumb? In a whole year if he genuinely was serious about weight loss, then losing am avg of 0.5KG a week would mean he should have easily lost 36-48KG in a year making him super slim.

So clearly he wasn't working hard enough or he gave up too early as 0.5 KG a week for weight loss is standard.

To be 100% fair to Azam, it seems no one has coached him properly on fitness standards either.

The issue with azam is the issue that most obese people have, and that's denial.

Azam in his own mind believes he's very atheletic, and that his size is useful for power hitting which is obviously not true, Muscle > Fat easily, in fact being overweight reduces your raw strength.

Even when he got dropped, he claimed in that video that he was quote on quote working hard, but he was still plumb? In a whole year if he genuinely was serious about weight loss, then losing am avg of 0.5KG a week would mean he should have easily lost 36-48KG in a year making him super slim.

So clearly he wasn't working hard enough or he gave up too early as 0.5 KG a week for weight loss is standard.
To put it into perspective he's a 5'8 male who weights 130KG.

Ideal weight for 5'8 male is from 60 to 74KG so mean would be 69 to 70 KG.

Losing 48 kg in a year on an avg of 0.5 KG a week would put his weight at 82 KG, which wouldn't make him overweight as if he did gym then the muscle he would build would make the weight ideal.

So despite all those weight lifts he was doing he clearly didn't put in effort.

Ali should have been the frontline pacer over zaman.

Amir was more so a replacement for rauf.
Dude in my opinion, Amir is no one’s replacement. Rauf coming back to full fitness will have no bearing on Amir. He’s going to play all the crucial Pakistan games. The guy has been brought back to get the job done for Pakistan.

Bro Azam Khan grew up at home with a prominent international cricketer as a father.
There is no way he has the same level of education and awareness than others who grew up in remote villages.

Bro Azam Khan grew up at home with a prominent international cricketer as a father.
There is no way he has the same level of education and awareness than others who grew up in remote villages.

Yes but you're referring to IQ, GK and EI mostly.

Most people from these rural areas are fit as heck despite not having a high iq, or emotional intelligence or General knowledge.

Azam khan imo, is in denial, but he also genuinely doesn't know how to drop weight. Dropping weight at a gradual pace with exercise beggining from slow to high intensity over the course of a few months is completly different then expecting him to perform in a military camp, no obese person can make that big a leap.

Even in Gym fitness classes, the trainers make sure to know everyone who's in their class so that they can adjust the weights and workload accordingly,

For example the gym classes that I attend, during push up sessions I'm asked to do 15, another person well built is asked to 25, while the obese person is asked to do 5 knee pushups and another is asked to do 3.

So yes, expecting him to perform equally to everyone under the same regime is impossible, its clear as day he isn't being coached well on fitness. However he himself is also on denail.

So it's everyone's fault, Azam and the management around him, if pcb was serious, they'd just say Hey azam we won't select you until you transform yourself.

babar - opener
rizwan - opener
saim - opener
fakhar - opener
usman - opener
harris - opener

where are you going to fit your middle order? are you going in with you no bowlers or no middle order?
and who are you going to to drop from your top order?

you cant just stick in a player just because you want to you also have to look at team combination
Just because a player opens in franchise cricket does not mean that they have to be an opener in international cricket.

Just look at the IPL:
Rohit Sharma, Shubman Gill, Jaiswal, Kohli, Ishan Kishan, Rahul all open and there’s many more players that play at #3 like Sanju Samson, Pant

Yet many of these players are all going to he playing together on the international team. This is true for all leagues including BBL. Usually in franchise cricket the best batsmen in a franchise get pushed to the top of the order.

Only one of Fakhar Zaman/Usman Khan will probably play and they will probably play at #4. Fakhar Zaman has been much much better at #4 than opening in T20 and he even failed at opening in the recent PSL.

Saim
Babar
Haris
Usman Khan/Fakhar

Would be a perfectly fine top 4, and then after will probably be Iftikhar/Shadab and you still have 5 spots for your either full time bowlers or bowling all rounders like Imad. Shaheen/Naseem will obviously take up another 2 spots. If you really want you can play Azam Khan at 5/6 and have Iftikhar and Shadab come after. But it’s way better to play a player slightly off of their usual spot in franchise cricket rather than having a player who never performs anyway in intensional cricket like Azam Khan who has yet to play a single successful innings in any of his international matches.

Yes but you're referring to IQ, GK and EI mostly.

Most people from these rural areas are fit as heck despite not having a high iq, or emotional intelligence or General knowledge.

Azam khan imo, is in denial, but he also genuinely doesn't know how to drop weight. Dropping weight at a gradual pace with exercise beggining from slow to high intensity over the course of a few months is completly different then expecting him to perform in a military camp, no obese person can make that big a leap.

Even in Gym fitness classes, the trainers make sure to know everyone who's in their class so that they can adjust the weights and workload accordingly,

For example the gym classes that I attend, during push up sessions I'm asked to do 15, another person well built is asked to 25, while the obese person is asked to do 5 knee pushups and another is asked to do 3.

So yes, expecting him to perform equally to everyone under the same regime is impossible, its clear as day he isn't being coached well on fitness. However he himself is also on denail.

So it's everyone's fault, Azam and the management around him, if pcb was serious, they'd just say Hey azam we won't select you until you transform yourself.
He’s a professional athlete who makes more money than most people in the country by playing cricket. You’re exactly that right that if a player can’t hit a certain fitness standard like running 2 km, then they shouldn’t be in selection for the international team.

Just because a player opens in franchise cricket does not mean that they have to be an opener in international cricket.

Just look at the IPL:
Rohit Sharma, Shubman Gill, Jaiswal, Kohli, Ishan Kishan, Rahul all open and there’s many more players that play at #3 like Sanju Samson, Pant

Yet many of these players are all going to he playing together on the international team. This is true for all leagues including BBL. Usually in franchise cricket the best batsmen in a franchise get pushed to the top of the order.

Only one of Fakhar Zaman/Usman Khan will probably play and they will probably play at #4. Fakhar Zaman has been much much better at #4 than opening in T20 and he even failed at opening in the recent PSL.

Saim
Babar
Haris
Usman Khan/Fakhar

Would be a perfectly fine top 4, and then after will probably be Iftikhar/Shadab and you still have 5 spots for your either full time bowlers or bowling all rounders like Imad. Shaheen/Naseem will obviously take up another 2 spots. If you really want you can play Azam Khan at 5/6 and have Iftikhar and Shadab come after. But it’s way better to play a player slightly off of their usual spot in franchise cricket rather than having a player who never performs anyway in intensional cricket like Azam Khan who has yet to play a single successful innings in any of his international matches.
As much as we love to not have rizwan in the playing 11 it's not going to happen

Irfan and Usman earn maiden Pakistan selection

Uncapped middle-order batter Muhammad Irfan Khan and flamboyant opener Usman Khan have been named in the 17-player Pakistan men’s cricket team for the five-T20I series against New Zealand, which will be played in Rawalpindi and Lahore from 18-27 April.

The two highly-talented players have earned the selectors’ nod following impressive performances in the HBL Pakistan Super League.

Irfan Khan of Karachi Kings was adjudged the Emerging Player and Best Fielder of the HBL PSL 9 after scoring 171 runs at a strike-rate of 140.16. Overall, the 21-year-old Mianwali-born Irfan has featured in 34 T20s in which he has scored 499 runs at a strike-rate of 135.96. Irfan has also represented Pakistan in the ICC U19 Cricket World Cups 2020 and 2022.

Usman Khan of Multan Sultans smashed two centuries and two half-centuries in the most recent event to help his side reach the final where they lost to Islamabad United in a last-ball thriller. In the HBL PSL 8, the 28-year-old Karachi-born right-hander had smashed a 36-ball century against Quetta Gladiators - the fastest century in the tournament’s history. Overall, Usman has featured in 36 T20s in which he has scored 1,207 runs at a strike-rate of 146.12.

Irfan Khan on his selection:

“I am deeply honoured to have been selected in the Pakistan squad for the upcoming T20I series against New Zealand. Breaking into such a formidable team like Pakistan is a testament to the dedication and effort I have put into my game. Now, my focus is on seizing this opportunity and solidifying my position within the team.

“I am fully committed to continuing to work diligently and proving myself worthy of the trust placed in me by the captain and selectors.”

Usman Khan on his selection:

“Being chosen to represent one’s country is the ultimate dream and goal for any athlete. Today, I am absolutely thrilled and filled with joy as the selectors have granted me the opportunity to be part of the upcoming series against New Zealand.

“This selection validates the relentless effort and dedication I have poured into my craft, and I am fully committed to upholding the high standards I have set for myself.”

Selection committee member and batting coach Mohammad Yousuf:

“On behalf of the selection committee, I extend heartfelt congratulations to Muhammad Irfan Khan and Usman Khan on their inclusion in the Pakistan men’s cricket team for the upcoming home series against New Zealand. Both players have undeniably earned their spots through a string of consistent, outstanding performances.

“We hold great optimism and belief in their potential to become key impact players, yet recognise that this requires ongoing dedication and effort. I trust that both players will continue their upward trajectory, sparing no effort in proving themselves worthy of the selectors' and captain's trust and confidence.”

Abrar retained, Imad and Mohammad Amir recalled

The other uncapped player in the squad is wrist spinner Abrar Ahmed. He was named in the squad for the T20I series against New Zealand earlier this year, but returned after Australia Tests due to fitness reasons. He will be the second wrist spinner in the side along with Usama Mir.

Also named in the squad are all-rounder Imad Wasim and fast bowler Mohammad Amir. The two experienced campaigners had become available after coming out of retirement last month.

Imad has played 66 T20Is in which he has scored 486 runs at a strike-rate of 131.7 and taken 65 wickets at an economy-rate of 6.26. He last played for Pakistan 12 months ago at his home ground in Rawalpindi against New Zealand.

Amir, who last played for Pakistan in August 2020 at Old Trafford against England, has played in 50 T20Is in which he has taken 59 wickets at an economy-rate of 7.02.

Selection committee member and senior team manager Wahab Riaz:

“The decision to include Imad Wasim and Mohammad Amir was a straightforward one, given their availability for selection and considering Haris Rauf's injury and Mohammad Nawaz's current form. Both Amir and Imad possess undeniable match-winning capabilities, and we trust they will consistently deliver strong performances to bolster the team's objectives.

“We have communicated our overarching selection policy and strategy to all elite players, and there is complete alignment within the group. To ensure the policy's implementation in letter and spirit, I will closely collaborate with the team management during the series.

“As we prepare for the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2024 in the USA and West Indies, this series holds significant importance for Pakistan. Rather than solely focusing on the formidable New Zealand side, we aim to introspect and identify areas for improvement. I anticipate that players will seize the opportunities presented to strengthen their claims for the World Cup.”

Pakistan squad for New Zealand T20Is:

Babar Azam (captain)

Abrar Ahmed

Azam Khan

Fakhar Zaman

Iftikhar Ahmed

Imad Wasim

Mohammad Abbas Afridi

Mohammad Rizwan

Mohmmad Amir

Muhammad Irfan Khan

Naseem Shah

Saim Ayub

Shadab Khan

Shaheen Shah Afridi

Usama Mir

Usman Khan

Zaman Khan

Non-travelling reserves: Haseebullah, Mohammad Ali, Mohammad Wasim Jnr, Sahibzada Farhan, and Salman Ali Agha

PCB
I'm surprised Mohammad Wasim has not been chosen? Thought he was decent bowler when he gets his line right

He’s a professional athlete who makes more money than most people in the country by playing cricket. You’re exactly that right that if a player can’t hit a certain fitness standard like running 2 km, then they shouldn’t be in selection for the international team.
And that's where the denial part comes in.

If I were azam I'd just hire a fitness trainer and voila problem solved.

And that's where the denial part comes in.

If I were azam I'd just hire a fitness trainer and voila problem solved.

This guy is speaking like he's a professional Athelete?

What do you mean you got speed but lack endurance 💀💀💀💀.

Its the opposite, I'm suprised you endured, but you defo lacked speed.

This guy is speaking like he's a professional Athelete?

What do you mean you got speed but lack endurance 💀💀💀💀.

Its the opposite, I'm suprised you endured, but you defo lacked speed.
HE'S FASTING? HOW? that is a wonder of the world.

this line alone says about the posters knowledge about cricket maybe he's thinking its gali mohala cricket
openers middle order and lower order batsmen all have different skill sets.
I don't think he said anything wrong. In IPL indian players open and most players from England can play at any order, with moeen Ali and butler being openers in t20 at one point while no 7's in odi.

But those batsmen are like all format batsmen with multiple skill sets.

I do however disagree with haris and rizwan at opening.

Rizzu isn't a t20 player and haris is a hack, I'd still stick with genuine t20 openers, Pakistan doesn't have multiple skill set batsmen, only one I can think of is Usman Khan IF HE GETS DEVELOPED, but he hasn't even made his debut yet.

Hasan ali being discarded

If you look at the kakul training videos on YouTube he's easily one of the fittest agile amongst the group he could easily become a us marine smashed the assault course .

I don't think he said anything wrong. In IPL indian players open and most players from England can play at any order, with moeen Ali and butler being openers in t20 at one point while no 7's in odi.

But those batsmen are like all format batsmen with multiple skill sets.

I do however disagree with haris and rizwan at opening.

Rizzu isn't a t20 player and haris is a hack, I'd still stick with genuine t20 openers, Pakistan doesn't have multiple skill set batsmen, only one I can think of is Usman Khan IF HE GETS DEVELOPED, but he hasn't even made his debut yet.
t20 is played in different phases you have the first phase

over 1-6 this is when you are allowed only 2 fielders outside the 30 yard circle and its usually pace bowlers bowling during this phase, so you would need batsmen with skills to hit out at fast rate to make use of the field here someone like Harris Fakhar and saim would be useful who normally take risky shots

middles overs are about spin and the bowling team trying to pull down the run rate with a lot more fielders outside the 30 yard circle this is where you would normally construct the innings and babar rizwan type of batsmen are required who would normally not take any risks, this slot you cant fit in harris or fakhar as they are both bling sloggers and would be walking wickets

last 5-6 overs is when the game begins and when you need power hitters like Iftikhar etc.. for a their short cameos oat the strike rate of 200+

this is why I say every batsmen need to play in a position according to their skill set

having Babar and Rizwan play the first 6 overs is a disaster likewise having fakhar and harris play any overs after the 6th over, they will just hit straight into the fielders hands with 1 mis calculated shot.

over 1-6 this is when you are allowed only 2 fielders outside the 30 yard circle and its usually pace bowlers bowling during this phase, so you would need batsmen with skills to hit out at fast rate to make use of the field here someone like Harris Fakhar and saim would be useful who normally take risky shots

middles overs are about spin and the bowling team trying to pull down the run rate with a lot more fielders outside the 30 yard circle this is where you would normally construct the innings and babar rizwan type of batsmen are required who would normally not take any risks, this slot you cant fit in harris or fakhar as they are both bling sloggers and would be walking wickets

last 5-6 overs is when the game begins and when you need power hitters like Iftikhar etc.. for a their short cameos oat the strike rate of 200+

this is why I say every batsmen need to play in a position according to their skill set

having Babar and Rizwan play the first 6 overs is a disaster likewise having fakhar and harris play any overs after the 6th over, they will just hit straight into the fielders hands with 1 mis calculated shot.
I actually completly agree. Damn man, This is my POTW for me.

thanks bro that's my understanding of the game but then ODI and Test are a different and would have a different openers and middle order.
Well I suggested haris for the middle order or at no 7 because imo he's a hack and fits more In the no 7 area.

But you've made me change my mind.

Is this the new rule for Pakistan cricket post 2020?
This is already how all sides including Australia and India construct their T20 teams.
this line alone says about the posters knowledge about cricket maybe he's thinking its gali mohala cricket
openers middle order and lower order batsmen all have different skill sets.
I think you should apply for a cricket team director job or maybe coach! I suppose this whole time India/Australia/England have all been wrong about how to construct T20 teams and what they were really missing was players like Azam Khan in the middle. You and your knowledge could revolutionize cricket!

Why did you write such a long post that basically says nothing? Obviously it’s easier to score in the power play when there’s less fielders outside the circle and obviously the last 5 or so overs are when the batting side is trying to play at the highest SR.

If you’re basing it on skills then I have no clue why you’re calling Usman Khan an opener. He has many technical deficiencies and will fail against top tier fast bowling. In PSL, all of his big hits mostly come against spin in the middle overs. Fakhar had failed horribly as an opener in T20, yet been successful as #4.

You were too scared to address any of the actual points in my original post and you basically just agreed with it. But then once another poster came into the forum you started questioning my cricket knowledge all while it sounds like you just learned about the T20 cricket rules for the first time today.
I actually completly agree. Damn man, This is my POTW for me.
Bro why are you so impressed by this :ROFLMAO:

He basically said that it’s easier to score in the beginning when there’s less fielders outside the circle and most teams try to score explosively at the end. That much is very obvious.

Are you making this up in your imagination or are you going to prove this claim?
The example I already gave in the original post was India. Almost their entire T20 international side side plays as openers/#3 in IPL.

Just look at the IPL:

The example I already gave in the original post was India. Almost their entire T20 international side side plays as openers/#3 in IPL.
Right..

Kohli is a number 3. He’s playing IPL for fun and cash. For India, he is their bonafide number 3. No one will take that position from him.

Suryakumar Yadav. He opens?

Shreyas Iyer. He opens?

Hardik Pandya, who does he open for?

Rishab Pant. Who does he open for?

You do realise you’ve made a HUGE blunder here and you will not be able to dig yourself out of this whole?

You said Australia too. Back your claim or admit you were chatting nonsense?

This is already how all sides including Australia and India construct their T20 teams.

I think you should apply for a cricket team director job or maybe coach! I suppose this whole time India/Australia/England have all been wrong about how to construct T20 teams and what they were really missing was players like Azam Khan in the middle. You and your knowledge could revolutionize cricket!

Why did you write such a long post that basically says nothing? Obviously it’s easier to score in the power play when there’s less fielders outside the circle and obviously the last 5 or so overs are when the batting side is trying to play at the highest SR.

If you’re basing it on skills then I have no clue why you’re calling Usman Khan an opener. He has many technical deficiencies and will fail against top tier fast bowling. In PSL, all of his big hits mostly come against spin in the middle overs. Fakhar had failed horribly as an opener in T20, yet been successful as #4.

You were too scared to address any of the actual points in my original post and you basically just agreed with it. But then once another poster came into the forum you started questioning my cricket knowledge all while it sounds like you just learned about the T20 cricket rules for the first time today.

Bro why are you so impressed by this :ROFLMAO:

He basically said that it’s easier to score in the beginning when there’s less fielders outside the circle and most teams try to score explosively at the end. That much is very obvious.

Bro this whole time India/Australia/England have been constructing t20 teams based on player skills mentioned in my post that's the reason they are winning games so its nothing new its just that your pea size brain don't understand it
i don't know where this azam khan thing has popped up from not even once have i said azam khan should be in the middle
just because you dont have an answer dont mean you make up stories.

i think you have missed the whole point of the post its just not about "its easier to score in the first 5 overs" its about harris is only good in the first 5 overs and anything after that he is a flop!!! so he's rightfully not been selected

bro rohit sharma in his entire career only played at number 6 9 times out of 151 games
shubman gill has never ever played at position 6
jaiswell has never ever played at position 6
kohli has only played 3 times at position 6 in his entire career out of 117 games
ishan kishan played once at position 6 out of 32 games
kl rahul has never ever played in position 6

so i dont know what your talking about and where your getting your information from

bro rohit sharma in his entire career only played at number 6 9 times out of 151 games
kohli has only played 3 times at position 6 in his entire career out of 117 games

so i dont know what your talking about and where your getting your information from
His imagination

The one that works in accordance to make Babar and Rizwan to look like world class openers

I’m confused what you’re talking about here.. I don’t think any of these players should play at #6?

I’m saying that these players play as openers in IPL but they don’t have to all play as openers in international cricket if their skills fit the other position.

I’m saying that these players play as openers in IPL but they don’t have to all play as openers in international cricket if their skills fit the other position.
No you said this is how India and AUSTRALIA construct their teams.

That’s nonsense, in the politest way to say it.

Your making stuff up, and saying it with confidence as if this is normal.

I’m confused what you’re talking about here.. I don’t think any of these players should play at #6?

This is exactly what I'm saying your confused and don't know what your talking about

Look at your post above your claiming players open for their franchise in ipl and when playing international cricket they play any position
And you even mentioned player names.
Just to prove that harris can play at position 6 Instead of azam khan

But all the openers you mentioned above have never ever played in a position as low as 6

My whole point was that just because you play a certain position in franchise cricket, does not mean you have to play that position in international cricket:

Kohli is a number 3. He’s playing IPL for fun and cash. For India, he is their bonafide number 3. No one will take that position from him.
Kohli opens in IPL. He plays at #3 in international cricket.
Rishab Pant. Who does he open for?
I never said he opened? I said he plays at #3 in IPL.
and there’s many more players that play at #3 like Sanju Samson, Pant
So once again, please stop being dishonest and trying to manipulate my words. Pant has opened in international T20 cricket, but his spot in the last T20 WC team was #6.

So once again, more proof that you don’t have to play in the same spot you play in franchise cricket. He goes from batting at #3 to #6 in T20 cricket.

@emranabbas here’s a great 1:1 example for you to compare with Mohammad Haris. Haris and Pant play both at #3 in franchise cricket. Pant plays at #6 in international cricket. Just because you play in one spot in franchise cricket doesn’t mean you have to play the same exact spot in international cricket.
You do realise you’ve made a HUGE blunder here and you will not be able to dig yourself out of this whole?
Once again, stop being dishonest. Jaiswal, Rohit, Shubman Gill, Rahul all open in IPL but they do not open when they play international cricket.

:rizwan

My whole point was that just because you play a certain position in franchise cricket, does not mean you have to play that position in international cricket:

So once again, please stop being dishonest and trying to manipulate my words. Pant has opened in international T20 cricket, but his spot in the last T20 WC team was #6.

So once again, more proof that you don’t have to play in the same spot you play in franchise cricket. He goes from batting at #3 to #6 in T20 cricket.

@emranabbas here’s a great 1:1 example for you to compare with Mohammad Haris. Haris and Pant play both at #3 in franchise cricket. Pant plays at #6 in international cricket. Just because you play in one spot in franchise cricket doesn’t mean you have to play the same exact spot in international cricket.

Once again, stop being dishonest. Jaiswal, Rohit, Shubman Gill, Rahul all open in IPL but they do not open when they play international cricket.

Right.

How does India and Australia construct their teams the way Pakistan is looking to construct its team since Babar and Rizwan have been openers?

Explain this bizarre claim.

This is exactly what I'm saying your confused and don't know what your talking about

Look at your post above your claiming players open for their franchise in ipl and when playing international cricket they play any position
And you even mentioned player names.
Just to prove that harris can play at position 6 Instead of azam khan

But all the openers you mentioned above have never ever played in a position as low as 6
First of all I never said I want Haris to play at #6.
Saim
Babar
Haris
Usman Khan/Fakhar

Would be a perfectly fine top 4, and then after will probably be Iftikhar/Shadab and you still have 5 spots for your either full time bowlers or bowling all rounders like Imad.
I want Haris to either open or play at #3 in intentional cricket as well. Azam Khan and Haris are both wicket keeper batsmen that is why Azam Khan is taking Haris’s spot without having earned it.

But also Pant plays at #3 in IPL, the exact same as Haris in PSL. Yet Pant comes at #6 in the T20 WC squad. Literally an exact example of how the spot you play for in franchise cricket is not the spot you have to play in international cricket.

Pakistan are just following India and Australia at how they construct their teams…

HahahhahahahahahaahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahhhahahahahaahhaah

Right.

How does India and Australia construct their teams the way Pakistan is looking to construct its team since Babar and Rizwan have been openers?

Explain this bizarre claim.
What does this have to do with the way Pakistan constructs its team? I don’t want Rizwan to open, I’ve said that maybe 100 times on this forum.

India and Australia just don’t force players to play their exact position that they play in franchise cricket in T20 internationals. Pant does not play #3 in international. Rahul will not be opening in this upcoming WC. Kohli will not be opening in this upcoming WC, etc.

Pakistan are just following India and Australia at how they construct their teams…

HahahhahahahahahaahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahhhahahahahaahhaah
Please point out where I said Pakistan is following India and Australia in how they construct teams?

It’s funny how you are so used to lying and being dishonest that making up lies comes so easy to you now and you do it in almost every thread :rizwan

Bro stop lying rishab Pant has only played 6 times at position 6 out of 66 games

Stop wasting bandwidth threads and post space

Bro stop lying rishab Pant has only played 6 times at position 6 out of 66 games

Bro you’re an idiot.

He plays at #5 and #6 in the T20 WC because they play their best squad. He plays in other positions when they’re facing C sides the same way that he plays at #3 in IPL because usually the best player in a franchise plays earlier on.

Once again, go ahead and tell me where I said I wanted Haris to play at #6. Don’t run away now after making up a lie.

I want Haris to either open or play at #3 in intentional cricket as well. Azam Khan and Haris are both wicket keeper batsmen that is why Azam Khan is taking Haris’s spot without having earned it.

But also Pant plays at #3 in IPL, the exact same as Haris in PSL. Yet Pant comes at #6 in the T20 WC squad. Literally an exact example of how the spot you play for in franchise cricket is not the spot you have to play in international cricket.
This is where your confused because you think azam khan is taking harris spot... azam is a number 6 player.....harris compition is rizwan babar usman fakhar saim ayub not azam khan

Don’t follow in the footsteps of your friend @Rana and become a liar like him.

This is where your confused because you think azam khan is taking harris spot... azam is a number 6 player.....harris compition is rizwan babar usman fakhar saim ayub not azam khan
No it’s not. If Haris comes into the team he’s going to go to #3 the same way he played in the last WC and everyone can easily move down a spot.

Saim
Haris
Babar
Usman Khan/Fakhar
Shadab
Iftikhar

What don’t you understand?

No it’s not. If Haris comes into the team he’s going to go to #3 the same way he played in the last WC and everyone can easily move down a spot.

Saim
Haris
Babar
Usman Khan/Fakhar
Shadab
Iftikhar

Hahaha Hahaha you are an idiot if you think managment are going to drop rizwan for harris 🤣 😂 😆 😄 😅

Please point out where I said Pakistan is following India and Australia in how they construct teams?

It’s funny how you are so used to lying and being dishonest that making up lies comes so easy to you now and you do it in almost every thread :rizwan

Is this the new rule for Pakistan cricket post 2020?

Are you making this up in your imagination or are you going to prove this claim?

Are you confused now whether you have been speaking in Luganda or English? You made that initial ridiculous claim when @emranabbas raised the question of why so many T20 openers have been picked in the side. You dug this hole, now fill it up.

Hahaha Hahaha you are an idiot if you think managment are going to drop rizwan for harris 🤣 😂 😆 😄 😅
These are hypothetical squads of what we would choose or what we would criticize :ROFLMAO:

We are not trying to make a prediction of what squad will ultimately be selected, we are picking what squad we would want playing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Saim
Haris
Babar
Usman Khan/Fakhar
Shadab
Iftikhar

Keep your fantasy team to your self there is no way rizwan will be dropped

Bro stop making a fool of your self harris isn't better than saim babar rizwan usman and fakhar
I said Haris was better than Azam Khan, I never said any of this other things you’re saying I said?

Please go ahead and provide the proof I said that Haris is better than these players.

It’s criticisms of the selected squad. My criticism was that Haris was not selected.

Do you understand now, or should I make it even simpler for you?

How does India and Australia construct their teams like the way you have honestly pointed out?

Are you confused now whether you have been speaking in Luganda or English? You made that initial ridiculous claim when @emranabbas raised the question of why so many T20 openers have been picked in the side. You dug this hole, now fill it up.
I already did prove it, but it seems like you’re too dumb to understand.

Kohli opens in IPL, he does not open in international cricket.

Pant plays at #3 in IPL, he plays at #5 and #6 in the T20 WC.

Rahul, Jaiswal, Rohit, Shubman, etc are all openers in IPL who will probably be in the T20 WC squad but obviously not all 4 will open.

I already did prove it, but it seems like you’re too dumb to understand.

Kohli opens in IPL, he does not open in international cricket.

Pant plays at #3 in IPL, he plays at #5 and #6 in the T20 WC.

Rahul, Jaiswal, Rohit, Shubman, etc are all openers in IPL who will probably be in the T20 WC squad but obviously not all 4 will open.

You’re both stupid & a liar. Pick a struggle brother, you can’t be both.
This is your proof?

India’s top 7 are all openers in franchise cricket? Who’s lying and stupid at the same time if this is your poof to the claim that you made?

This is your proof?

India’s top 7 are all openers in franchise cricket? Who’s lying and stupid at the same time if this is your poof to the claim that you made?

Just look at the IPL:

Yet many of these players are all going to he playing together on the international team.
This is all I said bro. You’re badly embarassing yourself today, even more so than usual days.

This is your proof?

It’s clear you don’t actually care about the discussion or anything.

You’ve been in meltdown mode and targeting me ever since Sarfraz failed in Australia and Rizwan performed.

One sec

@mods
@mods

Please help me, someone called me out when I lied

:cry:
your B’Sing. Admit it. It was really stupid of you to make that claim. No point lashing out at others for the blunder you made.

This is all I said bro. You’re badly embarassing yourself today, even more so than usual days.
What are you on about? I strongly disagree with your ridiculous claim that Australia and India are constructing their sides like this too. You made the claim, and I am strong disagreeing with it. And will forever remind you for it. It’s you who need to accept the embarrassment, not me.

@emranabbas

Good luck arguing with this 🤡 Who’s name should really be “160kph nonsense”

I can’t believe there are those clowns from 2020 still active today

What are you on about? I strongly disagree with your ridiculous claim that Australia and India are constructing their sides like this too. You made the claim, and I am strong disagreeing with it. And will forever remind you for it. It’s you who need to accept the embarrassment, not me.
Once again, you’re lying. Something which seems to come very easy for you now. I never said Australia and India were constructing their sides like that. I said:
Just look at the IPL:

Kind of why I just want Saim and fakhar to open now. Will stop these endless arguments. If they perform fantastic, best scenario. If fakhar fails, we’ll all agree to not open with him again. And we’ll have to trial out Saim with Babar or Rizwan. Saim will also be under less pressure someone else is going to take his slot. If Saim still fails, send him back to domestic for a bit before recall. You can even go back to Rizwan Babar. I don’t think people would even be mad if they thought Fakhar and Saim had actually been given a proper go. I have a feeling Babar and Saim will open and then people will either scream for Fakhar to open or blame Saim failing because of Babar.

Haris as long as we’re trying out Saim should only play middle order. Or goes opener only once Saim is established enough to play alongside. You can’t play him with Saim before any of them have even performed.

I don’t think people would even be mad if they thought Fakhar and Saim had actually been given a proper go.
Fair call

But even then, there is no justification to go back to Babar and Rizwan. If those two as you suggest fail, you go to Usman Khan, Sahibzada Farhan, Mohammad Harris and even Saud Shakeel as your openers.

Not this Babar, Rizwan, Abdullah Shafique, Haseebullah rubbish. The purpose of the powerplay is not designed for these types of players to find their way through into the innings

??

Who’s lying?
Purposefully removing the context is so dishonest of you. I was talking about how players do not have to play for the position they play in franchise cricket in international cricket.

Like Kohli, Pant, etc

You’re really embarrassing yourself man.

Just look at the IPL:

This is what I said.

You’re trying to dishonestly cut out the context to try to imply that I said India and Australia construct their sides by putting 8 openers in the side. When what I was actually was saying is that just because you play one position in franchise cricket does not mean you have to play the same position in international cricket.

Horrible horrible reading comprehension you have.

Purposefully removing the context is so dishonest of you.
Getting a taste of your own medicine and now you don’t like it. You’ve been doing this all the time here with people.

Now explain, how does Australia according to you construct their teams like you suggested?

Getting a taste of your own medicine and now you don’t like it. You’ve been doing this all the time here with people.

Now explain, how does Australia according to you construct their teams like you suggested?
Why move onto Australia when you haven’t even addressed how India plays players in different positions than the ones they play in franchise cricket?

Why move onto Australia when you haven’t even addressed how India plays players in different positions than the ones they play in franchise cricket?
Yes of course. Why move to Australia when your initial claim turned out to be ridiculous in the first place.

Yes of course. Why move to Australia when your initial claim turned out to be ridiculous in the first place.
I said that players don’t always play in the same position in international cricket that they play in franchise cricket and it caused you to have a meltdown where you ran to the mods. :rizwan

I said that players don’t always play in the same position in international cricket that they play in franchise cricket and it caused you to have a meltdown where you ran to the mods. :rizwan
Yes David Warner bats at number 7 in franchise but opens for Australia? 🤡

“This is how Australia and India construct their teams”

“I didn’t say this is how Australia and India construct their teams”

“You are lying as always”

🤡

Back