Imad Wasim ends retirement, set to play T20Is for Pakistan leading up to and in ICC T20I World Cup 2024 [Post Updated #116]

Is Imad Wasim coming out of retirement leading up to the ICC T20I World Cup 2024 good for Pakistan?

• Total voters
Imad Wasim will not be available for selection for Thursday’s match as he has been advised rest by the PCB Medical Team. Ahead of the fourth T20I against England late last month, Imad had experienced discomfort in his right rib cage while batting in the nets and consequently missed the match. He is expected to be available for selection for the 9 June match against India in New York.

PCB​

Imad Wasim will not be available for selection for Thursday’s match as he has been advised rest by the PCB Medical Team. Ahead of the fourth T20I against England late last month, Imad had experienced discomfort in his right rib cage while batting in the nets and consequently missed the match. He is expected to be available for selection for the 9 June match against India in New York.

PCB​
So it means shadab plays? Lol.

Regardless wither have abrar play or just throw your match against USA. No point in playing 4 pacers 2 of which are run machines.

Shadab vs Jones Allah khair karei

So it means shadab plays? Lol.

Regardless wither have abrar play or just throw your match against USA. No point in playing 4 pacers 2 of which are run machines.

Shadab vs Jones Allah khair karei
I think in the absense of Imad, Shadab and ABrar will play.

Babar
rizwan
usman
fakhar
Iftikhar
Shadab
Abrar
Shaheen
Amir
Haris
Naseem

will be the team most probably. But if azam khan plays, abrar might miss out.

I think in the absense of Imad, Shadab and ABrar will play.

Babar
rizwan
usman
fakhar
Iftikhar
Shadab
Abrar
Shaheen
Amir
Haris
Naseem

will be the team most probably. But if azam khan plays, abrar might miss out.
That is a very very very long tail. No way Pakistan goes with a tail at no 7 onwards. Plus ik babar, this is not the combo he'll go with, he's likely to go with

1) Babar
2) Rizwan
3) Usman
4) Fakhar
5) Shadab
6) Iftikhar/Azam
7) Iftikhar/ Azam
8) Shaheen
9) Amir
10) Rauf
11) Abrar/ Naseem

Sad news that Imad will be missing the first game. Hope its nothing serious. He is a real asset for us in this World Cup because he is familiar with US and West Indian pitches and has been successful on both.

Do Kristen have any say in playing 11 or he is just there for show and ready to take the blame of Babar's failure?

Good for Babar!!!! Now he has excuse to play his buddy Shadab. Let USA smash this Dosti yarri team.

Good for Babar!!!! Now he has excuse to play his buddy Shadab. Let USA smash this Dosti yarri team.

Firstly, Imad's fitness was always a risk.

Of course, Shadab will play as he is in the team.

Firstly, Imad's fitness was always a risk.

Of course, Shadab will play as he is in the team.
Does Kristen have any say in selecting playing 11 or he is there to take the blame of Babar's mistakes/stubbornness?

Does Kristen have any say in selecting playing 11 or he is there to take the blame of Babar's mistakes/stubbornness?
Kirsten is here on a paid holiday

With a gazillion coaches and team management staff, he knows he is only a dummy to get blame and get fired after WC.

As per media reports,Imad Wasim has made a successful recovery from a side strain injury and is set to play in the crucial match against India on Sunday in New York during the ongoing T20 World Cup.

As per rumours, Imad has not regained fitness but the management is keen to play him vs India.

Also rumours that Mehran Mumtaz being asked to prepare himself to fly - maybe they should check with the Embassy first if he will get a visa!

As per rumours, Imad has not regained fitness but the management is keen to play him vs India.

Also rumours that Mehran Mumtaz being asked to prepare himself to fly - maybe they should check with the Embassy first if he will get a visa!
Panic has set in. No plans. Clutching on straws and scrapping for nuts.

Would rather play 5 pacers on NYC Pitch.

I always doubted Imad's fitness but that was for his knees - this seems hamstring?

I have it on good account that Imad is struggling badly with his injury. The team management has already directed Mehran Mumtaz to submit his documents.

The team management is also desperate to drop Azam Khan hence why they are trying to make Imad play vs India despite the injury.

I have it on good account that Imad is struggling badly with his injury. The team management has already directed Mehran Mumtaz to submit his documents.

The team management is also desperate to drop Azam Khan hence why they are trying to make Imad play vs India despite the injury.
Yes Imad is going home and PCB has already geared up for paperwork.

Rumors still, no official word from the PCB.

Why Mehran?

Get in Salman Agha and fix the middle order issue.

Agha comes in for Azam and Saim for Iftikhar.

Agha, Saim and Shadab can share the 5th bowling option.

You have Abrar if it is a turning pitch and drop one of the fast bowlers.

The stupidity is unreal.

My my my my.

How humiliating has this whole exercise been for Amir and Imad?

They both tried to be Akshay Kumar and return for the World Cup to save Pakistan and soak in all the praises and glory and take credit for anything that Pakistan were going to achieve in this World Cup.

But Amir ended up getting humiliated vs the USA and Imad is going home without playing a game because he can’t keep himself fit, and this happened after he chickened out of doing laps in the military camp.

Bringing them back has proved to be such a waste of time and both will rue their decision. They were sitting comfortably on TV with their dignity intact and pretending that they know what they are talking about.

There was no reason for them to put themselves in this position and expose themselves like this.

Amir will always be remembered for the 19 runs Super Over vs USA, while Imad’s comeback will not even be remembered because no one saw him.

This couldn’t have gone worse for them but this is exactly what they deserve.

My my my my.

They both tried to be Akshay Kumar and return for the World Cup to save Pakistan and soak in all the praises and glory and take credit for anything that Pakistan were going to achieve in this World Cup.

But Amir ended up getting humiliated vs the USA and Imad is going home without playing a game because he can’t keep himself fit, and this happened after he chickened out of doing laps in the military camp.

Bringing them back has proved to be such a waste of time and both will rue their decision. They were sitting comfortably on TV with their dignity intact and pretending that they know what they are talking about.

There was no reason for them to put themselves in this position and expose themselves like this.

Amir will always be remembered for the 19 runs Super Over vs USA, while Imad’s comeback will not even be remembered because no one saw him.

It was all a massive and desperate push from Pak Fauj who wanted a World Cup win at all cost, just so that the nation can be busy celebrating and they can continue with their stuff.

All well deserved humiliation to be honest. I had already predicted weeks ago that Pakistan is about to have a horrible World Cup.

It was all a massive and desperate push from Pak Fauj who wanted a World Cup win at all cost, just so that the nation can be busy celebrating and they can continue with their stuff.

All well deserved humiliation to be honest. I had already predicted weeks ago that Pakistan is about to have a horrible World Cup.

More for the Nawaz Sharif guy in charge.

Anyways, let's hope and pray Imad does recover enough to play tomorrow.

My my my my.

It’s actually quite hilarious how things are playing out for the two of them.

Pakistanis are so creative, they will rip into their comments from last year and make some solid memes.

My my my my.

Imad was always an average cricketer. He fooled some under strength teams with his non turning darts and did decently in t20s but was nothing more than that.

It is sadder for Amir because he was a world class fast bowler who tarnished his reputation with the fixing and now the unsuccessful comeback. Who would have thought that the guy that was making a fool out of top quality test batsmen in 2009/10 and who destroyed India's top order in the CT final would get smashed for 19 runs in a super over vs USA.

Imad Wasim in for clash against India

Will be fun to see Imad Wasim v Hardik Pandya

Former Pakistan cricketer Saleem Malik said, while speaking on a local channel:

“You look at his (Imad Wasim) innings and it appears as if he was wasting balls not scoring runs and making things difficult in the run-chase.”

Former Pakistan cricketer Saleem Malik said, while speaking on a local channel:

“You look at his (Imad Wasim) innings and it appears as if he was wasting balls not scoring runs and making things difficult in the run-chase.”
@Major what do you make of this?

If you read between the lines Malik is saying similar to what you said last night and he is an expert in this topic.

@Major what do you make of this?

If you read between the lines Malik is saying similar to what you said last night and he is an expert in this topic.
offcourse its suspicious. But it looks like no one wants to discuss this thing or hear criticism on imad.....

its ok if the topic was on babar or rizwan...

It was a very difficult pitch to bat on and all batters miserably flopped on this pitch yesterday. Pakistani bowlers should have booked them under 110, but we bowled badly in the first 6 overs and that's where we lost the game. There was nothing suspicious about his innings yesterday. He just seemed like a batsman who was out of touch and just happened to get a chance on a pitch which was very difficult to bat on.

offcourse its suspicious. But it looks like no one wants to discuss this thing or hear criticism on imad.....

He’s got a knee injury, that’s why he wasn’t running properly.

There’s a picture of him reading Namaz whilst sitting on a chair…

He done his job a bowler, failed with the bat.

Babar and Rizwan failed to do their jobs, no criticism for them?

He’s got a knee injury, that’s why he wasn’t running properly.

There’s a picture of him reading Namaz whilst sitting on a chair…

He done his job a bowler, failed with the bat.

Babar and Rizwan failed to do their jobs, no criticism for them?
so he decided to play for Pakistan while having an injury? Which means he hid an injury. Wow.

That should mean he should be banned.

His innings brought back memories of Misbah's old efforts - what a comeback from Imad in a World Cup!

Lets hope he can redeem himself in the coming games.

Why not bowl him at start? Cant be any worse than this?!

Imad Wasim has moved up to 11th place in the ICC T20I all-rounder rankings, despite his disappointing performance against India.

If no one wants to discuss imad and Amir anymore because its been done to death so many times, then why make every thread related to them? People are losing interest in those 2 cause you keep throwing people in for loops.

First it's

- He's the most crap player to ever play on psl.

Then after psl

- he played misbah like innings, should take back his retirement.

Then it's

- Already drama bazi shuru, he should try his hardest to make sure he is selected

Then it's

- We need him over shadab, He's been good and is a crucial part of the cup.

Then it's

- Let's ban him.

^^ with so much doubling down no one will care eventually. These 2 aren't even as popular as you've made them out to be, nor is Misbah.

Babar and rizwan will attract more interest automatically as their the 2 star gimmicks of Pakistan so you'll naturally have more conversations related to them.

its better to take force retirement from Imad now, if he cant bat so no point playing him as an all rounder

Babar could have given Abrar a debut over playing this geriatric today.
I've noticed abass afridi has consistently maintained eco 10 in every t20 game he's played regardless of opposition.

So many of his scores finish with 40-42 of 4 or 30 to 31 of 3.

It's always early 30's or 40's as well. Dude is cursed with eco of 10 lol

I've noticed abass afridi has consistently maintained eco 10 in every t20 game he's played regardless of opposition.

So many of his scores finish with 40-42 of 4 or 30 to 31 of 3.

It's always early 30's or 40's as well. Dude is cursed with eco of 10 lol
Ive seen him stand up and be counted under pressure situations.

If a player has the raw ingredients you can overlook a few bad performances. There is something with Abbas that can be worked on and moulded.

Back