"As they say in an Urdu song - Tum jeeto ya harro, humain tum sai pyar hai - this is what all people of Pakistan are saying to us": Mohammad Rizwan

FearlessRoar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Mohammad Rizwan speaking in an interview:

"Each match of this World Cup is crucial for us, and it's challenging because any team in this tournament whether it's BD, NED or AFG are here because they have achieved something before."

"Each game in this World Cup is important for us and Inshallah we are looking forward to the challenge of playing against Australia."

"Winning or losing games happens all the time; We did lose to India but before that we won 2 games as well."

"As far as our contests against the other teams is concerned, its a matter of skills and game awareness; If you look at our side, we are very good when it comes to skills and you cannot say we are any lesser than other teams in that aspect, but game awareness is something which we will need to put some focus on."

"Everyone is saying that Pakistan is unpredictable; In my view we have the best fast-bowlers in the world, although spin has not been able to get teams out and all who are saying that are right but if you look at the spinners, they are bowlinig well."

"We have confidence in Shadab and Nawaz that they can turn the game on its head at any point."

"Fans have always supported us in all situations and they have love for the team; We cannot say that our success belongs to the team and players alone, as it also belongs to our compatriots too; When we meet people from all walks of life, we feel their pain and their love and the strength of their prayers with which they have sent us here, and we are doing our best to satisfy those demands."

"I have faith in our fans that even though they may not feel the same inside, when they see us they give us prayers and love."

"I would like to tell the fans that we have not given up, just because of one lost game."

"As they say in an urdu song - Tum jeeto ya harro, humain tum sai pyar hai - this is what all people of Pakistan are saying to us."

"We have love for our people too and we will put in our best effort and achieve a better result next time."

Last edited:
Nice, positive messaging from Rizwan.

Fans on the outside are complaining based on a very poor understanding of their own cricket.

There are zero players who can improve this XV , taking into account injuries and form obviously.

There was a case for Saim Ayub but Abdullah Shafique has vindicated his selection with a match winning ton.

So, basically this is as good as it gets for now. These are the same players who took Pakistan to #1 and you have to back them.

They are just coming up against full strength XI's and playing in conditions and pitches that offer more to bowlers than Rawalpindi and Lahore where batting is much easier.

Pakistan haven't lost to Netherlands like SA or haplessly lost to Afghanistan, yet.

Just enjoy the ride. You don't have the pressure to win the Cup since you're nowhere near the favourites

Sorry but this is a terrible attitude. A defeatist mindset to be honest. This is Qudrat ka nizam percolating in. Pak seamers are nowhere close to the best in the world.

To be honest, what is it that we want Rizwan to say?

It has to be a feel good, rallying cry type thing.

To be honest, what is it that we want Rizwan to say?

It has to be a feel good, rallying cry type thing.
Say what you want about the cricket and how you will pick yourself up, what you might want to work on and leave out this emotional nonsense about fans and this and that etc

You didn’t hear Jos Buttler say “hey we lost, we’ll get better but shout out to the barmy army c’mon!”

Pakistan is so “unpredictable” it has a 100% losing record vs India in ODI World Cups.

There is nothing more predictable than Pakistan getting royally thrashed by India in World Cups and InshAllah this tradition will continue.

It is cricket heritage.

He lives on another planet

Been saying this all the time. Can’t wait for him to become the next captain

He lives on another planet

Been saying this all the time. Can’t wait for him to become the next captain
His performance in this tournament has been excellent so far. If Pakistan doesn't win this tournament then Babar would ben sacked and there won't be a better option to lead the young side.

Pakistan is so “unpredictable” it has a 100% losing record vs India in ODI World Cups.

There is nothing more predictable than Pakistan getting royally thrashed by India in World Cups and InshAllah this tradition will continue.

It is cricket heritage.
it will not continue once Rohit and Kohli retire.

it will not continue once Rohit and Kohli retire.
They have guys who will be handed over the baton

Gill
Jaiswal
Gaikwad
Rahul
Iyer
Pant
Pandya

Still a proper top order

As if they are scared of Usama.

This nonsense of ‘they haven’t seen him’ is all horse.

It’s Australia national cricket team, not Ludhiana CC
Still would have done better than shadab, whether they have seen him or not

Such a minnow mentality. Come Rizwan. Pakistan is not BD or AFG. You guys are better, may not be the best but much better than this. Talk positively and have some confidence. Australia is a difficult team but this Australian team is not unbeatable

Such a minnow mentality. Come Rizwan. Pakistan is not BD or AFG. You guys are better, may not be the best but much better than this. Talk positively and have some confidence. Australia is a difficult team but this Australian team is not unbeatable
Compare that to Butller (current white ball world champion) when they lost to Afghanistan. They were hurting badly. Our players still had a big smile after getting trashed by the arch rival.

Stay positive champ! We have complete faith in you. Insha'Allah you will make us proud

Nice, positive messaging from Rizwan.

Fans on the outside are complaining based on a very poor understanding of their own cricket.

There are zero players who can improve this XV , taking into account injuries and form obviously.

There was a case for Saim Ayub but Abdullah Shafique has vindicated his selection with a match winning ton.

So, basically this is as good as it gets for now. These are the same players who took Pakistan to #1 and you have to back them.

They are just coming up against full strength XI's and playing in conditions and pitches that offer more to bowlers than Rawalpindi and Lahore where batting is much easier.

Pakistan haven't lost to Netherlands like SA or haplessly lost to Afghanistan, yet.

Just enjoy the ride. You don't have the pressure to win the Cup since you're nowhere near the favourites
The last line might come back to bite you. I think you spoke a little too soon. A team having a bad game is not equivalent to them not being able to win the world Cup.

It is cricket heritage.
Oh I thought youre a Pakistani cricket fan yet wishing your team losses.

It is cricket heritage.
Is it a requirement to beat India to win the World Cup. Like we won 1992 even losing to India.

Certain people want to be fixated towards one team.

@Mamoon

Btw Pakistan hadn't beaten India in t20 world Cup and that happened. Pakistan hadn't beaten in icc Champions trophy final and that happened as well. There is a first for everything.

They have guys who will be handed over the baton

Gill
Jaiswal
Gaikwad
Rahul
Iyer
Pant
Pandya

Still a proper top order
I doubt these people will survive on a sporting pitch against top quality bowling, not talking about tailor made pitches that we are seeing in the world Cup.

@Mamoon

Btw Pakistan hadn't beaten India in t20 world Cup and that happened. Pakistan hadn't beaten in icc Champions trophy final and that happened as well. There is a first for everything.
na, pakistan had beaten India in Champions trophy in the past. Thing is, you cannot be fixated on one team. Like for example, Sri Lanka has never beaten Pakistan in World Cups, yet no one cares about this. Indians have to do bhangra about it to compensate the overall record.

Pakistan won three icc tournaments, something the likes of SA and NZ haven't done after trying soo hard and having better teams than us.

Whether you lose or win to India doesnt make a difference. Once you win the final, everything gets forgotten, because the final trophy matters in cricket

Last edited by a moderator:
na, pakistan had beaten India in Champions trophy in the past. Thing is, you cannot be fixated on one team. Like for example, Sri Lanka has never beaten Pakistan in World Cups, yet no one cares about this. Indians have to do bhangra about it to compensate the overall record.

Pakistan won three icc tournaments, something the likes of SA and NZ haven't done after trying soo hard and having better teams than us.

Whether you lose or win to India doesnt make a difference. Once you win the final, everything gets forgotten, because the final trophy matters in cricket
Imo, my favourite tournament that I saw was the 2021 t20 world cup, mainly because of how dominant we were. I don't mind that we lost to Australia cause we gave them a solid fight, it was hasan Ali chocking and some weak bowling at the end that cost us but it was a good fight.

My issue with t20 world cup 2022 is that it wasn't dominance it was luck and just weird lottery level drama bazi happening lol, Pakistan were terrible in that tournament XD.

We dominated in 2021, in 2017 we dominated semi and finals, matches before were scrap by matches with lucky.

2015 was embrassing. 2011 we also more or less dominated but just like 2021, 2011 was a semi final choke.

I don't mind of Pakistan loses as long as we play well. 2011, 2017 and 2021 is where that happened.(As well as 2014 and 2012 Asia cup).

2015, 2018 and 2022 was kinda embrassing regardless of the standards.

2023 wc has been a mixed bag, it's too early to tell atm. One humiliating defeat isn't gonna change my mind atm. So far it's been decent, not too good, not too bad.

Fair point but I do believe if Pakistan is to get some confidence under their belt by beating the likes of Australia, newzealand and England they will be a force in this world Cup and if they meet India again the result can be different. Something similar happened in icc champions trophy and 2019 world Cup Pakistan started peaking but the initial Windies loss damaged the nrr too much for them to go further to semis

Imo, my favourite tournament that I saw was the 2021 t20 world cup, mainly because of how dominant we were. I don't mind that we lost to Australia cause we gave them a solid fight, it was hasan Ali chocking and some weak bowling at the end that cost us but it was a good fight.

My issue with t20 world cup 2022 is that it wasn't dominance it was luck and just weird lottery level drama bazi happening lol, Pakistan were terrible in that tournament XD.

We dominated in 2021, in 2017 we dominated semi and finals, matches before were scrap by matches with lucky.

2015 was embrassing. 2011 we also more or less dominated but just like 2021, 2011 was a semi final choke.

I don't mind of Pakistan loses as long as we play well. 2011, 2017 and 2021 is where that happened.(As well as 2014 and 2012 Asia cup).

2015, 2018 and 2022 was kinda embrassing regardless of the standards.

2023 wc has been a mixed bag, it's too early to tell atm. One humiliating defeat isn't gonna change my mind atm. So far it's been decent, not too good, not too bad.
had hassan ali caught that we still would had lost. Shaheen bowled pathetically along with Haris and even Hasan.

Domination doesnt matter, because no one cares about that. Only the trophy matters, whether you win it by limping or by dominating. The 2017 champions trophy was the biggest fluke we ever pulled off. But no one cared, everyone was happy that hey, we won an icc trophy.

Fair point but I do believe if Pakistan is to get some confidence under their belt by beating the likes of Australia, newzealand and England they will be a force in this world Cup and if they meet India again the result can be different. Something similar happened in icc champions trophy and 2019 world Cup Pakistan started peaking but the initial Windies loss damaged the nrr too much for them to go further to semis
the ex cricketers, journalist have gone so viral with their views that the general public thinks world cup is over after losing to India.

World Cup 2019 was a terrible performance. The initial loss to Windies did not damage our nrr, this is another big bs we have been made to believe. Pakistan did not win enough games.

The NRR thing is not good, let me tell you how.

When you lose the first game of an icc tournament, the NRR will always show it has high, like it would -5 or -3. Thats how big the number looks, but once you play the second game, even if you lose that, the nrr falls to -1. This is what happened in the first opener of this world cup. England had a nrr of -2 or more, but by the second game it got balanced.

Fully supporting this team regardless of the results btw. The last two world cups Pakistan have done well by reaching the final and semis. The team is more than capable of doing great in this tournament as well, they pulled an impossible win against SriLankan by chasing down the highest score. A few more of these types of performances can potentially land them in the semis and final.

I don't get why people are angry though. Rizwan's interview is alright tbh.

Only complaints I have is him claiming the fast bowlers are the best and treating it like a fact, but the rest of the interview is faith in his team and faith in fans. Its an alright interview.

People need to understand that not all fans are haters. I don't make posts about 2027 because I hate the team, I just know the team can do better.

Fans should stop this we are not talented enough mindset and start accepting imam ul haq type players.

We have good players, we have groomabke players, and we can become a world class team. But that will only happen if this dosti yaari culture ends and Management starts catching up with the way bcci or NZ runs things and that's developing a string of 20-30 players and rotating each of them and adapt to modern standards of cricket. No more scam averages.

I agree with what rizwan is saying, the issue is rizwan himself doesn't fully believe what he's saying and is clearly just stating words to satisfy the media.

The truth is Pakistan is a medicore team but it isn't medicore because we are below anyone, its medicore due to mindset + management + culture. And that is something that is fixable. Once this stat pad culture, or Crybaby I wanna bat at this position ends and proper squad rotation plus playing for the team is implemented, we'll ve world class XD

the ex cricketers, journalist have gone so viral with their views that the general public thinks world cup is over after losing to India.

World Cup 2019 was a terrible performance. The initial loss to Windies did not damage our nrr, this is another big bs we have been made to believe. Pakistan did not win enough games.

The NRR thing is all bs, let me tell you how.

When you lose the first game of an icc tournament, the NRR will always show it has high, like it would -5 or -3. Thats how big the number looks, but once you play the second game, even if you lose that, the nrr falls to -1. This is what happened in the first opener of this world cup. England had a nrr of -2 or more, but by the second game it got balanced.
Pakistan was peaking and the initial loss did damage us. Pakistan also had a game washout where as newzealand had the same number of wins and losses but due to slightly better run rate they qualified. Windies game had an impact in that world Cup.

Pakistan was peaking and the initial loss did damage us. Pakistan also had a game washout where as newzealand had the same number of wins and losses but due to slightly better run rate they qualified. Windies game had an impact in that world Cup.
nz also had a game washed out.

the washed out game gave us a point and its an assumption we would had won.

thing is, we made a mockery of the AFG game that should had been won by a big margin.

anyways, we lost that cause we were poor. Right now, we have one loss and we have the leverage of lossing another game and still making it to the semis.

had hassan ali caught that we still would had lost. Shaheen bowled pathetically along with Haris and even Hasan.

Domination doesnt matter, because no one cares about that. Only the trophy matters, whether you win it by limping or by dominating. The 2017 champions trophy was the biggest fluke we ever pulled off. But no one cared, everyone was happy that hey, we won an icc trophy.

First of, I don't really care what other people care since their worries aren't my concern, I care what I care and as long as Pakistan is playing world class its good enough for me but we haven't played class since 2021 and have been medicore since. India deapite chocking is still viewed as a class team and Pakistan can defo achieve those heights. Winning a tournament even if you're the best team will require luck lol, their isn't a single tournament ove seen minus the Australian golden days where a team.didnt get lucky lol. 2011 and 2019 all had luck element's for the winners to win, 2011 India had Sachin dropped 7x in semi final, 2019 England had God miracles happening in the final.

As for 2017, it wasn't a fluke, regarding seminfinal and finals, we dominated and butchered through and through lol.

South africa and Sri Lanka was a fluke victory though. SA had Dr's rule in our favour but ik Pakistan wouldn't have chased it. Sri lanka was dropping catches and not getting easy run puts as if they were All replaced with blind cricketers.

Au
I don't get why people are angry though. Rizwan's interview is alright tbh.

Only complaints I have is him claiming the fast bowlers are the best and treating it like a fact, but the rest of the interview is faith in his team and faith in fans. Its an alright interview.

People need to understand that not all fans are haters. I don't make posts about 2027 because I hate the team, I just know the team can do better.

Fans should stop this we are not talented enough mindset and start accepting imam ul haq type players.

We have good players, we have groomabke players, and we can become a world class team. But that will only happen if this dosti yaari culture ends and Management starts catching up with the way bcci or NZ runs things and that's developing a string of 20-30 players and rotating each of them and adapt to modern standards of cricket. No more scam averages.

I agree with what rizwan is saying, the issue is rizwan himself doesn't fully believe what he's saying and is clearly just stating words to satisfy the media.

The truth is Pakistan is a medicore team but it isn't medicore because we are below anyone, its medicore due to mindset + management + culture. And that is something that is fixable. Once this stat pad culture, or Crybaby I wanna bat at this position ends and proper squad rotation plus playing for the team is implemented, we'll ve world

I think we are being harsh on the team by calling them "mediocre".

All SENA countries that we consider the pinnacle of cricket have had losses to weaker teams in this world Cup except nz but their fans are not coming out calling the team "medicore". Pakistan is fully capable of beating good teams in this world Cup but the fight is not just against the team they are playing but the curators who will do their best to design a pitch that plays to the the other teams strength. Also, the hostile crowd is something the players would have to deal with which I didn't think was going to be a big factor till I saw the previous game. The mental strength will indeed be tested here.

First of, I don't really care what other people care since their worries aren't my concern, I care what I care and as long as Pakistan is playing world class its good enough for me but we haven't played class since 2021 and have been medicore since. India deapite chocking is still viewed as a class team and Pakistan can defo achieve those heights. Winning a tournament even if you're the best team will require luck lol, their isn't a single tournament ove seen minus the Australian golden days where a team.didnt get lucky lol. 2011 and 2019 all had luck element's for the winners to win, 2011 India had Sachin dropped 7x in semi final, 2019 England had God miracles happening in the final.

As for 2017, it wasn't a fluke, regarding seminfinal and finals, we dominated and butchered through and through lol.

South africa and Sri Lanka was a fluke victory though. SA had Dr's rule in our favour but ik Pakistan wouldn't have chased it. Sri lanka was dropping catches and not getting easy run puts as if they were All replaced with blind cricketers.
bro, 2017 was a fluke, cause we should had lost the game to Sri Lanka. They dropped a catch of sarfraz, had it been taken, pakistan was gonna lose that game cause saffi was the last guy in.

But it doesnt matter, we won the trophy thats what matters.

India playing good cricket doesnt matter cause in last 10 years not winning any icc tournament makes them look bad. India has been trying since what 2013? England lost the 2015 world cup, decided to change their approach and won their next ICC tournament under 4 years and than even bagged a world t20 trophy aswell.

Is it a requirement to beat India to win the World Cup. Like we won 1992 even losing to India.

Certain people want to be fixated towards one team.
Technically it is a requirement for us to beat India to win the World Cup. If we meet India in the finals in Ahmedabad again, in a crowd of 100K+.

I think it will be such a good payback by Rizwan to shut the crowd.

Technically it is a requirement for us to beat India to win the World Cup. If we meet India in the finals in Ahmedabad again, in a crowd of 100K+.

its a requirement in ko stages.

I didn't know India had already qualified to the final. Congratulations are in order.

A bit cheesy but these are the right words you want to hear as a Pakistani fan at this point of time.

There is stil a long way to go in the tournament and losing to India in India shouldn't be a big deal at all.

@Mamoon

I kinda agree with the logic but ODIs are a different ball game to T20s figuratively. It's much much harder to win a 50 over game against stronger opponents and that is why all the upsets in the ODI WC are remembered and admired more than the T20 WC ones.

Pakistan are 0-5 against India in ODIs since the CT2017 final. Could have been 0-6 if not for rain intervening in Pallekele.

But the record in T20is is 2-2 in the same period.

Says everything we need to know.

I said if.

It’s a hypothetical. Don’t try to be oversmart.
You said "technically it's a requirement for us to beat India", only way you can say that if India has already qualified for the final which obviously isn't the case.

You said "technically it's a requirement for us to beat India", only way you can say that if India has already qualified for the final which obviously isn't the case.
You’re being too oversmart.

I said if. This means a specific precondition must be met.

You’re being too oversmart.

I said if. This means a specific precondition must be met.
Yeah but then don't say "technically we have to beat India". Once India qualifies for the final or is scheduled to meet Pakistan in the semis that statement is not valid.

The problem with Pakistan is that it hypes up the Pakistan-India World Cup game to the extreme, does a lot of pre-match trash talking and when it gets royally thrashed, we are told that we should not be fixated over one team and it doesn't matter if we lose as long as we win the World Cup.

That is an effective coping mechanism, but it seems like an attempt to cover the humiliation after all the big talk before the game.

Pakistan knows it cannot beat India in World Cups. The players don't have the cojones for it. As a result, why not lay low before the game and ensure there is no hype and build up?

The reason why no ones cares about Sri Lanka not beating Pakistan in World Cups is because no one hypes Pakistan vs Sri Lanka World Cup games. Sri Lanka does not thump its chest before every World Cup game and claim that we are going to end the streak and Pakistan does not thump its chest over the streak.

Obviously, there is no way a Pakistan vs India World Cup match cannot be hyped considering the history and the rivalry so we also have to accept that we cannot play the "lets not be fixated" card because afterwards. It cannot work both ways.

As far as H2H record is concerned, Pakistani fans do bhangra over it because it is the only thing they have to show for. It helps them soothe their pain but the reality is that no one cares about historic H2H because it doesn't reflect the present capabilities and relative strengths of the two teams.

Why would fans care if Pakistan won more matches than India in the 70's, 80's and 90's when there is huge gulf between the sides today. For example, because of their dominance in the 70's and 80's, West Indies still enjoys an impressive H2H against most teams but that doesn't change the fact that WI is a borderline minnow team now.

India couldn't care less about the overall H2H either. If they did, they would have taken care of it by now and if they decide to care about it now, they can easily address it in the next few years.

It is only a gap of 16 ODIs. All India needs to do is arrange a home and away bilateral ODI series with Pakistan every year and they will overtake Pakistan in no time.

India would thrash Pakistan 5-0 or 4-1 in an ODI series anywhere in the world. The gap remains as wide as ever in ODIs and Pakistan is lucky they don't play Tests with India anymore. It would be carnage. T20 is the only format where Pakistan can compete and that is because of the nature of the format. The longer the format, the wider the gap between the two countries because the longer the format, the more the difference in talent, skill and mental fortitude becomes apparent.

As far as fixation is concerned, Pakistani fans couldn't tell you what the H2H record is with other teams but they have all ratified the H2H with India and then they say there should be no fixation. Besides, Pakistani fans won't admit it and they can be in denial all they want, but they would happily trade the 73-57 record for an unbeaten World Cup streak.

What makes the unbeaten World Cup streak is so special is its 100% dominance. It is the big fat "0" in the Pakistan column that makes it so special. From Imran to Wasim to Waqar to Miandad to Saleem Malik to Inzamam to Misbah to Afridi to Babar, every single Pakistani player has failed to beat India in World Cups. That is what makes the World Cup streak special.

If Pakistan wins 2-3 World Cup games in the future (I hope not, but assume they do) India would also stop talking about the World Cup H2H just like Pakistan needs to stop talking about the overall H2H which means nothing because it doesn't reflect absolute dominance.

The problem with Pakistan is that it hypes up the Pakistan-India World Cup game to the extreme, does a lot of pre-match trash talking and when it gets royally thrashed, we are told that we should not be fixated over one team and it doesn't matter if we lose as long as we win the World Cup.

That is an effective coping mechanism, but it seems like an attempt to cover the humiliation after all the big talk before the game.

Both countries hype it up, and why not. Every rivalry game in the world is hyped up, thats how marketing works. Losing that game does not mean its the end of the world or end of the tournament.

its not a coping mechanism, its a statement for those that go around saying, oh now we are out of the tournament. People forget that there are 9 games in total and you can lose upto 3 games and yet qualify for the semis.

Along with hyping the rivalry, its also required to let the fans know that there is a whole tournament still to be played.

Pakistan knows it cannot beat India in World Cups. The players don't have the cojones for it. As a result, why not lay low before the game and ensure there is no hype and build up?
Saying that Pakistan cannot beat India is a World Cup is abit ott. Did we not beat them in the world cup t20. Now i know you will bring the usual, but odi world cup. Thing is, I said it back than in 2021 when we beat them, that from now on a different narrative will be used and it will be the ODI world cup narrative. Because people have to cling on to something.

Nowadays, Indian fans are going around claiming because in t20 anyone can win thats why they lost that game, but they cannot be beaten in ODI World Cup.

Again, if this was true, than i guess betting world would not even exist.....

The reason why no ones cares about Sri Lanka not beating Pakistan in World Cups is because no one hypes Pakistan vs Sri Lanka World Cup games. Sri Lanka does not thump its chest before every World Cup game and claim that we are going to end the streak and Pakistan does not thump its chest over the streak
You are right, but why shouldn't the rivalry of India vs Pakistan not be hyped? Why shouldn't marketing teams milk money out of it. Hell, being a marketing graduate, i say we should milk the Pak vs Afghan games aswell.

Obviously, there is no way a Pakistan vs India World Cup match cannot be hyped considering the history and the rivalry so we also have to accept that we cannot play the "lets not be fixated" card because afterwards. It cannot work both ways.
Losing to India does not mean you go around saying that our world cup campaign is over. Or else, 1992 world cup would not have existed, or even the champions trophy of 2017 where we lost the group stage game to India.

As far as H2H record is concerned, Pakistani fans do bhangra over it because it is the only thing they have to show for. It helps them soothe their pain but the reality is that no one cares about historic H2H because it doesn't reflect the present capabilities and relative strengths of the two teams.
In every sport, the team that has a better H2H they do bhangra over it. Its called bragging rights. The other teams fan on the losing end than use other coping mechanism, and in India's case they do bhangra over 8 games of the world cup. The bhangra used to be over the total amount of games, but this time around the magic number dropped from two figures to a single figure because now the phrase is ODI World Cup and no World Cup.

Why would fans care if Pakistan won more matches than India in the 70's, 80's and 90's when there is huge gulf between the sides today. For example, because of their dominance in the 70's and 80's, West Indies still enjoys an impressive H2H against most teams but that doesn't change the fact that WI is a borderline minnow team now.
Bragging rights over your rival. In every sport fans brag about their H2H record against other teams.

India couldn't care less about the overall H2H either. If they did, they would have taken care of it by now and if they decide to care about it now, they can easily address it in the next few years.

It is only a gap of 16 ODIs. All India needs to do is arrange a home and away bilateral ODI series with Pakistan every year and they will overtake Pakistan in no time.
Are you India? Do you hold nationality to speak for them? Dont think so.

Whatever the gap, it exists. Thing is, Pakistan is head on the H2H. The fact that we are ahead is why you trying to deny its importance from time to time even though you have the choice to ignore it but you cant.

India would thrash Pakistan 5-0 or 4-1 in an ODI series anywhere in the world. The gap remains as wide as ever in ODIs and Pakistan is lucky they don't play Tests with India anymore. It would be carnage. T20 is the only format where Pakistan can compete and that is because of the nature of the format. The longer the format, the wider the gap between the two countries because the longer the format, the more the difference in talent, skill and mental fortitude becomes apparent.
2012/2013 Anay dou series under Misbah... 2-1 - Pakistan. Even though we had the weakest batting at the time and were about to make it 3-0, that too with the weakest batting attack.

So before claiming they would thrash, check the last bilateral series that took place.

As far as fixation is concerned, Pakistani fans couldn't tell you what the H2H record is with other teams but they have all ratified the H2H with India and then they say there should be no fixation. Besides, Pakistani fans won't admit it and they can be in denial all they want, but they would happily trade the 73-57 record for an unbeaten World Cup streak.
Again, you are making assumptions. First decide who you are speaking for. Indians or Pakistanis. You seem to pretend as if you are speaking for both parties when you are not.

H2H record will always be backed, because on H2H record you dont have to keep on changing narratives. The World Cup streak narrative has changed to ODI World Cup streak narrative. And once that ends, who knows what new narrative the marketing teams of India will pick.

What makes the unbeaten World Cup streak is so special is its 100% dominance. It is the big fat "0" in the Pakistan column that makes it so special. From Imran to Wasim to Waqar to Miandad to Saleem Malik to Inzamam to Misbah to Afridi to Babar, every single Pakistani player has failed to beat India in World Cups. That is what makes the World Cup streak special.
This is what makes the World Cup streak special for you? Or for Indian fans?
Plz do let me know are you speaking for yourself here or for Indian fans without Indian nationality.

Khair, we wont a 1992 World Cup while losing to India.

If Pakistan wins 2-3 World Cup games in the future (I hope not, but assume they do) India would also stop talking about the World Cup H2H just like Pakistan needs to stop talking about the overall H2H which means nothing because it doesn't reflect absolute dominance.
In sports every fans talks about the H2H.
Again, you cannot force what Pakistanis should or should not talk about.

Anyways, the main goal here is to win the World Cup, the rivalry is fun, and is something we all hope to win, but it comes secondary as the primary goal is winning the World Cup.

I would take 20-0 record if it means we win 1 or 2 World Cups in the end.

@Mamoon

Players like Rizwan and Babar know their place is safe because they will ensure to make their runs so their averages and rankings dont get impacted. Hence zero shame and such pathetic statements.

bro, 2017 was a fluke, cause we should had lost the game to Sri Lanka. They dropped a catch of sarfraz, had it been taken, pakistan was gonna lose that game cause saffi was the last guy in.

But it doesnt matter, we won the trophy thats what matters.

India playing good cricket doesnt matter cause in last 10 years not winning any icc tournament makes them look bad. India has been trying since what 2013? England lost the 2015 world cup, decided to change their approach and won their next ICC tournament under 4 years and than even bagged a world t20 trophy aswell.
Already said the sa, and Sri Lanka game was a fluke, the semi final and final wasn't.

England final was also a fluke lol.

Also no India has respect cause their a world class team and everyone genuinely fears the team lol. They dominate usually and them reaching semi's is always a guarantee, its just their chocking nature in semis costs them.

Au

I think we are being harsh on the team by calling them "mediocre".

All SENA countries that we consider the pinnacle of cricket have had losses to weaker teams in this world Cup except nz but their fans are not coming out calling the team "medicore". Pakistan is fully capable of beating good teams in this world Cup but the fight is not just against the team they are playing but the curators who will do their best to design a pitch that plays to the the other teams strength. Also, the hostile crowd is something the players would have to deal with which I didn't think was going to be a big factor till I saw the previous game. The mental strength will indeed be tested here.

We aren't being harsh, SENA countries may lose to lower teams however they play modern standards of cricket.

Nz in 4 years literally developed Mitchell, Conway, young, ravindra, Mark Chapman, Henry, Satner, and they even have an entire 20 strings of players ready to have a go. They all also play modern cricket like rabindra, Mitchell, Conway etc.

Pakistan on the other hand is 30 years behind, we don't have a string of 20-30 players neither are groomed which is why we struggled to replace our injured players for the cup and had to persist with an out of form fakhar cause we got no one to replace him whereas NZ doesn't care that Williamson is not frontline atm, ots the same with India they got an entire string of groomed players waiting.

We also don't play modern cricket, our approach is 30 overs tuk tuk and 20 overs t20 which has backfired multiple times. We have a stat pad and dosti yaari culture.

We are medicore because we adopt a medicore mindset and are outdated. We can be class if we just ditch all these things and just look at how SENA and bcci runs things

This guy still thinks that they have best fast bowling team in the world.
Delusions at their peak.

Babar Azam speaking to his team ahead of the match against Australia on Friday:

"You have to execute in the match whatever you are doing here in the practice session. You don't have to overthink. Just believe in yourself, just as I have 100 percent belief in you."

Please don't compare sri Lanka- Pakistan to Pakistan- India. The 2nd one is the biggest rivalry in sport. And the wc record matters more than bilaterals or sharjah cups in the 80s. And new Zealand have won 2 icc tournaments, only one less than Pakistan. Even lanka has won 3.

Both countries hype it up, and why not. Every rivalry game in the world is hyped up, thats how marketing works. Losing that game does not mean its the end of the world or end of the tournament.

its not a coping mechanism, its a statement for those that go around saying, oh now we are out of the tournament. People forget that there are 9 games in total and you can lose upto 3 games and yet qualify for the semis.

Along with hyping the rivalry, its also required to let the fans know that there is a whole tournament still to be played.
If you are going to hype it up then then you should also learn to deal with the consequences and take the defeat like a man. Pakistan always tries to find an excuse. For e.g., the fans have been crying about the lack of Pakistani fans in the stadium and the coach mentioned that Dil Dil Pakistan was not played. How embarrassing is that.

Had Pakistan won the match, they fixate on it and do bhangra like no tomorrow but now that they have lost, it is just 2 points and any other game. You can't have it both ways.
Saying that Pakistan cannot beat India is a World Cup is abit ott. Did we not beat them in the world cup t20. Now i know you will bring the usual, but odi world cup. Thing is, I said it back than in 2021 when we beat them, that from now on a different narrative will be used and it will be the ODI world cup narrative. Because people have to cling on to something.
Indian fan's don't have to cling onto anything. They have a 100% winning record against Pakistan in ODI World Cups and it is a legacy that started 31 years ago. If it was the other way round and the shoe was on the foot and Pakistan had a 100% record against India in ODI World Cups, Pakistani fans would be making fun of India for using a victory in a different format to celebrate the end of the streak.

1992, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2011, 2015, 2019, 2013. The streak will continue.

Nowadays, Indian fans are going around claiming because in t20 anyone can win thats why they lost that game, but they cannot be beaten in ODI World Cup.

Again, if this was true, than i guess betting world would not even exist.....
Even betting world is perplexed and how talentless and mentally weak Pakistan is. 8 tries and they couldn't even get lucky or catch India on an off-day. Even Law of Averages is helpless when it comes to Pakistan vs India World Cup matches. If you want to go broke you should bet on Pakistan beating India in an ODI World Cup and many Pakistani have died waiting for the day they beat India in an ODI World Cup. I hope you get to witness in during your lifetime.
You are right, but why shouldn't the rivalry of India vs Pakistan not be hyped? Why shouldn't marketing teams milk money out of it. Hell, being a marketing graduate, i say we should milk the Pak vs Afghan games aswell.

Losing to India does not mean you go around saying that our world cup campaign is over. Or else, 1992 world cup would not have existed, or even the champions trophy of 2017 where we lost the group stage game to India.
No one said that losing to India means your campaign is over. I would rather win the World Cup than lose to India, but Pakistan has only one won ODI World Cup and they will not be adding to that tally this time either. Nowhere near good enough to do so.

In every sport, the team that has a better H2H they do bhangra over it. Its called bragging rights. The other teams fan on the losing end than use other coping mechanism, and in India's case they do bhangra over 8 games of the world cup. The bhangra used to be over the total amount of games, but this time around the magic number dropped from two figures to a single figure because now the phrase is ODI World Cup and no World Cup.

Bragging rights over your rival. In every sport fans brag about their H2H record against other teams.

Are you India? Do you hold nationality to speak for them? Dont think so.

Whatever the gap, it exists. Thing is, Pakistan is head on the H2H. The fact that we are ahead is why you trying to deny its importance from time to time even though you have the choice to ignore it but you cant.

No one cares about 'bragging rights' over historic H2H. Again, I will give you example of West Indies. They were virtually unplayable in the 70's and 80's and due to which they still have an impressive H2H against most sides. Does this mean WI have bragging rights over them? Absolutely not. You are only as good as your present and what your future looks like.

People who are terrible in the present and have a dark future are the ones who keep looking at history to soothe their pain. It is also funny how you keep talking about how bilaterals don't matter and this is your reason to prefer someone like Rizwan the batsman over Inzamam, but yet when it comes to Pakistan vs India H2H, you want to focus on bilaterals not World Cups.
2012/2013 Anay dou series under Misbah... 2-1 - Pakistan. Even though we had the weakest batting at the time and were about to make it 3-0, that too with the weakest batting attack.

So before claiming they would thrash, check the last bilateral series that took place.
Again, you need to understand the context.

India was in transition in 2012-13 - not only did they lose the ODI series to Pakistan, they also lost a Test series in India to England.

Pakistan won that ODI series because India was out of sorts. They had just dropped Tendulkar from ODIs, Sehwag and Gambhir were finished, Rohit was still batting in the middle-order, Bhuvneshwar and Shami were making their debuts and they had bowlers like Dinda in the team.

That team was all Kohli and Dhoni and Kohli didn't perform in that series. After that series, they made major changes to the team including opening with Rohit and Dhawan and they outclassed Misbah's Pakistan twice in consecutive tournaments (CT 2013 and World Cup 2015).

Pakistani fans can live in denial all they want, but India would have and will continue to beat Pakistan handsomely in bilateral series both home and away. 2012-13 was one-off and the ideal time to play India.

India not playing bilateral with Pakistan is the best thing that has happened to Pakistan. Getting humiliated home and away every year would have been too much to take.
Again, you are making assumptions. First decide who you are speaking for. Indians or Pakistanis. You seem to pretend as if you are speaking for both parties when you are not.

H2H record will always be backed, because on H2H record you dont have to keep on changing narratives. The World Cup streak narrative has changed to ODI World Cup streak narrative. And once that ends, who knows what new narrative the marketing teams of India will pick.

This is what makes the World Cup streak special for you? Or for Indian fans?
Plz do let me know are you speaking for yourself here or for Indian fans without Indian nationality.

Khair, we wont a 1992 World Cup while losing to India.

In sports every fans talks about the H2H.
Again, you cannot force what Pakistanis should or should not talk about.

Anyways, the main goal here is to win the World Cup, the rivalry is fun, and is something we all hope to win, but it comes secondary as the primary goal is winning the World Cup.

I would take 20-0 record if it means we win 1 or 2 World Cups in the end.

@Mamoon
You are just repeating yourself. I have addressed this above.

If Pakistan wins 2-3 World Cup games in the future (I hope not, but assume they do)
Serious question - what on earth is this fetish with seeing your own team lose ?

Why follow PAK cricket at all if it causes such grief for you ?

Babar Azam speaking to his team ahead of the match against Australia on Friday:

"You have to execute in the match whatever you are doing here in the practice session. You don't have to overthink. Just believe in yourself, just as I have 100 percent belief in you."
What do Pakistani fans feel about Babar's talks being made a social media event. The first time I saw him speak to his team was the dressing room chat after they'd beaten India at the T20 WC. At the time I thought it was great. But in hindsight, I feel I might have been low, ego bruised and so the stuff he said sounded great.

The only time I feel these pep talks should be public is in a documentary after a great achievement. For example, watching the 1992 final toss is such a beautiful moment. IK's shirt, his dominance of Gooch and Ian Chappell clearly siding with him to make Gooch feel unwanted and unloved there. Gooch looked terribly uncomfortable. Another one from memory is Miandad's chat to the team during the famous Chennai test at lunchtime.

If you are going to hype it up then then you should also learn to deal with the consequences and take the defeat like a man. Pakistan always tries to find an excuse. For e.g., the fans have been crying about the lack of Pakistani fans in the stadium and the coach mentioned that Dil Dil Pakistan was not played. How embarrassing is that.

Had Pakistan won the match, they fixate on it and do bhangra like no tomorrow but now that they have lost, it is just 2 points and any other game. You can't have it both ways.
Arnt we playing a World Cup? Should the goal be to win the world cup or curl up and cry about India vs Pakistan. Had we beaten India, than you would had been whining, that big deal, World Cup is more important.

Ind game is a derby game, offcourse it will be hyped up. That game is over, now back to the main thing.

Indian fan's don't have to cling onto anything. They have a 100% winning record against Pakistan in ODI World Cups and it is a legacy that started 31 years ago. If it was the other way round and the shoe was on the foot and Pakistan had a 100% record against India in ODI World Cups, Pakistani fans would be making fun of India for using a victory in a different format to celebrate the end of the streak.

1992, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2011, 2015, 2019, 2013. The streak will continue.
Are you Indian? Or there spokesperson?

Stop trying to speak for them, and let them speak for themselves.
Lol its not a legacy.

Even betting world is perplexed and how talentless and mentally weak Pakistan is. 8 tries and they couldn't even get lucky or catch India on an off-day. Even Law of Averages is helpless when it comes to Pakistan vs India World Cup matches. If you want to go broke you should bet on Pakistan beating India in an ODI World Cup and many Pakistani have died waiting for the day they beat India in an ODI World Cup. I hope you get to witness in during your lifetime.
I liked how once upon a time it was World cup, now the narrative is Odi world cup.......

No one said that losing to India means your campaign is over. I would rather win the World Cup than lose to India, but Pakistan has only one won ODI World Cup and they will not be adding to that tally this time either. Nowhere near good enough to do so.

You are the one still fixiated that we lost to India, yes we lost, now we move on towards the primary. If they add this world cup to their tally, would you be happy to admit you were wrong and not add nothing more to it?

No one cares about 'bragging rights' over historic H2H. Again, I will give you example of West Indies. They were virtually unplayable in the 70's and 80's and due to which they still have an impressive H2H against most sides. Does this mean WI have bragging rights over them? Absolutely not. You are only as good as your present and what your future looks like.
If West Indies has an exisiting rivalry with someone, than its up to their fans how to take forward the bragging rights. I dont represent them or speak for them.

People who are terrible in the present and have a dark future are the ones who keep looking at history to soothe their pain. It is also funny how you keep talking about how bilaterals don't matter and this is your reason to prefer someone like Rizwan the batsman over Inzamam, but yet when it comes to Pakistan vs India H2H, you want to focus on bilaterals not World Cups.
lol, you do know that the world cup streak is also history?

Again, you need to understand the context.

India was in transition in 2012-13 - not only did they lose the ODI series to Pakistan, they also lost a Test series in India to England.

Pakistan won that ODI series because India was out of sorts. They had just dropped Tendulkar from ODIs, Sehwag and Gambhir were finished, Rohit was still batting in the middle-order, Bhuvneshwar and Shami were making their debuts and they had bowlers like Dinda in the team.

That team was all Kohli and Dhoni and Kohli didn't perform in that series. After that series, they made major changes to the team including
opening with Rohit and Dhawan and they outclassed Misbah's Pakistan twice in consecutive tournaments (CT 2013 and World Cup 2015).

Thats a good list of excuses.
Junaid Khan was starting his career in odis, Irfan was making a comeback debut.

Its funny how you went on about 5-0, but as soon as i mentioned Pakistans series win, the list of excuses started coming. We dont care, if India was going to whine about it, they could had selected a better squad if sehwag and co were old and sucked.

Pakistani fans can live in denial all they want, but India would have and will continue to beat Pakistan handsomely in bilateral series both home and away. 2012-13 was one-off and the ideal time to play India.

India not playing bilateral with Pakistan is the best thing that has happened to Pakistan. Getting humiliated home and away every year would have been too much to take.

You are just repeating yourself. I have addressed this above.
Quite ironic, considering you are living in denial that we won the bilaterial series and you had to list excuses.

Before even making a statement, you need to know that Pakistan beat India HANDSOMELY in the last bilateral series. Infact, you yourself have mentioned that series had all of Indias great batsman but still got whooped.

The last team to get humiliated in a bilaterial series at home was India. For a Pakistani hater, i understand that it could be disturbing that the bragging rights for the last series wins belongs to Pakistan and not India, does have to come up with childish statements that they should be thankful, best thing happened, an assumed humiliation.... India had to save its face from a 3-0 defeat, and the hilarious thing was the Indian players carrying stumps as if they won the series lol.

@Mamoon

I think these days because of social media, many fans including Pakistani followers just show blind love for their favourite players and go nuts if anyone dares to criticise those players.

No player is beyond criticism. Even the greats over the years were criticised, so why shouldn't the current lot not be criticised.

It doesn't mean that they don't care whether you keep on losing matches with sloppy fielding, mediocre bowling and conservative batting.

This guy epitomises how soft we are as a cricket nation
I mean we literally let kohli walk into our dug outs and just chill their and even offer him gifts and what not.

Everytime we meet India, we just offer their players gifts and free invitations to their dug outs 😂😂.

Kohli owns every single person on our team both mentally, on the field and off the field. Rizzu at this point is just their tontake a selfie with kohli so that he can clown him on his 265 million Instagram account 😂😂.

I've noticed a worrying tendency that the most of the major supporters who make tall claims that Pakistan will win the match, disappear from the threads after a loss.

Only to pop up again before the next major match and if Pakistan win they make it a habit to stick around and rub it in that somehow Pakistan is the greatest team on earth and any criticism of any player is showing extreme amount of disloyalty.

I think people are slowly realising that this Pakistan side are not as good as the hype and expectations are slowly becoming a bit more realistic.

People are angry and disappointed and rightly so.

I think people are slowly realising that this Pakistan side are not as good as the hype and expectations are slowly becoming a bit more realistic.

People are angry and disappointed and rightly so.

Anyone that understands cricket should have known. You can't select a team based on PSL for the ODI WC. Unfortunately this is another WC we have thrown away giving our best players a shot at winning. The squad selected has at least 6 serious errors.

What else is Rizwan supposed to say? In case anyone has missed it, there is next to zero support in India, with the exception of a few paid shills.

All you haters can claim that Pakistan should be mentally strong enough to play in a hostile nation that literally hates every inch of Pakistan, but go try it yourself - easier said than done. Never in the history of any WC in any sport has a team faced such hostility, not even Iran, when they played Amreeka in the FIFA WC, in Amreeka!

Of course Rizwan will mention the people of Pakistan! He is trying his best to boost moral within a team that is clearly suffering from a negative mindset, and if I am not mistaken some of the players were recovering from a virus infection too!

Go watch the Warner drop today in slow motion and all you have to look at is the body language!

And yes the people of Pakistan do love their cricket team, all you have to see are the daily haters who despite their hate for Pakistan, still follow every Pakistan game, ball, post, and result yet have a problem with optimism!

We need positive vibes! Criticise all you want but there is something known as constructive critisim!

Pakistan doesn't have a talent problem, it has a mindset problem! Fix the mindset and Pakistan is an unstoppable team!

When you have clowns like Mickey Arthur and Grant Bradburn overlooking your set up, you can’t expect any success.

Especially the biggest with the biggest fraud Mickey

What else is Rizwan supposed to say? In case anyone has missed it, there is next to zero support in India, with the exception of a few paid shills.

All you haters can claim that Pakistan should be mentally strong enough to play in a hostile nation that literally hates every inch of Pakistan, but go try it yourself - easier said than done. Never in the history of any WC in any sport has a team faced such hostility, not even Iran, when they played Amreeka in the FIFA WC, in Amreeka!

Of course Rizwan will mention the people of Pakistan! He is trying his best to boost moral within a team that is clearly suffering from a negative mindset, and if I am not mistaken some of the players were recovering from a virus infection too!

Go watch the Warner drop today in slow motion and all you have to look at is the body language!

And yes the people of Pakistan do love their cricket team, all you have to see are the daily haters who despite their hate for Pakistan, still follow every Pakistan game, ball, post, and result yet have a problem with optimism!

We need positive vibes! Criticise all you want but there is something known as constructive critisim!

Pakistan doesn't have a talent problem, it has a mindset problem! Fix the mindset and Pakistan is an unstoppable team!

Yes it has been unstoppable since the 99 World Cup final, winning it in 2003, 2007, 2011, 2015, 2019 and now on course to win it in 2023.

Back