Asad Shafiq - The man of crisis

Asad is a curious case, has good technique, looks focused, reasonably clutch, scored all over the world, no idea why he isn't more consistent.

His technique is overrated. Gets clean bowled and LBW too often.

Asad is a curious case, has good technique, looks focused, reasonably clutch, scored all over the world, no idea why he isn't more consistent.

He lacks the ability to dominate once set and his technique looks good but isn’t great can get out in various ways often gets stuck on the crease as well.

3 hundreds and an 80 in his last 5 innings, but should still be dropped.

Time for some to lick their wounds. His selection in Tests is totally on merit and he's here to stay.

Your views seem to change drastically.

Your views seem to change drastically.

That is because I am impartial and don’t believe in favoritism. Honest people don’t mind changing their views, that is why you can trust them.

Probably his most meaningful inns in his test career and thats not really say much.

Bottled it at the Gabba two years ago.

Bottled it today...

Played a good innings nonetheless.

What's this?

People are actually going for Shafiq's head when he's our highest runs scorer?

PPers are one of a kind.

He's been bad but not today.

Asad is an extremely overrated player. Don’t get fooled by his one of technically brilliant inning

That is because I am impartial and don’t believe in favoritism. Honest people don’t mind changing their views, that is why you can trust them.

Are you tying to claim that your are god forbid honest and impartial?

I suppose in the context of the situation it was an ok sort of innings, but he has been so poor in the last few years, that it’s difficult to read anything in to this performance. He needs to do more of this

He did very well today. You can't fault him today. Other players deserve more stick than him today.

No surprises Asad gets shi* after scoring runs and the great Azhar Ali is touted to be our best test batsman. What a joke.

I suppose in the context of the situation it was an ok sort of innings, but he has been so poor in the last few years, that it’s difficult to read anything in to this performance. He needs to do more of this

This. I will not be fooled by this inning. He needs to show more.

But your views on Sethi didn't change after he decided to waste a few millions on chasing BCCI's wallet. In fact you try to divert the blame away from him, which I find preposterous as he was the Head of the PCB, so therefore there was no one more accountable in the organisation than he was.

Don't get me wrong, I would rather have him as the Chairman of the PCB instead of Mani, but don't tell me you don't have your favourites.

Last edited:
Asad is never going to lead this batting unit. Period. As long as he makes steady contributions, he's justifying his place.

He averages in the 30's after playing at 6 and primarily in Asia for a reason.

Just looks good with his technique, but is mediocre to the core and only in Pak could he survive for so long.

No surprises Asad gets shi* after scoring runs and the great Azhar Ali is touted to be our best test batsman. What a joke.

It's because where he hails from. That fact does not sit well with certain people.

The vicitim mentality lol. How about tb fact that Azhar Ali has a better average and has more centuries?

Thanks for bringing stats into the discussion and stepping into my arena. Sit down son, school is in session. :asad1

Last 2 years both Asad and Azhar have played 12 matches and have played 21 and 22 innings, respectively.

Asad Shafiq averages 37 and has 1 century and 6 50s.

Azhar Ali averages 26 and has 1 century and 4 50s.

Next time you think about quoting me with stats, ask yourself have you earned the right to do so :misbah3

The vicitim mentality lol. How about tb fact that Azhar Ali has a better average and has more centuries?

Lol you’re bringing up averages and centuries.

Asad Shafiq has played 118 innings and only 36 of them have been played batting in the Top 5.

Meanwhile, Azhar Ali has batted in 139 innings. All of them in the Top 5.

Asad would’ve been averaging 45+ with 20+ centuries had he batted above Azhar and Misbah who are inferior players.

He was ready to bat up the order post 2012

Lol you’re bringing up averages and centuries.

Asad Shafiq has played 118 innings and only 36 of them have been played batting in the Top 5.

Meanwhile, Azhar Ali has batted in 139 innings. All of them in the Top 5.

Asad would’ve been averaging 45+ with 20+ centuries had he batted above Azhar and Misbah who are inferior players.

He was ready to bat up the order post 2012

Misbah is a far better batsmen vs spin than the mediocre Shafiq.

Also only 1 of shadiqs centuries have been in a winning cause, showing he loves to score in dead rubbers.

He should have protected the tail from the new ball. But he got bowled in a few deliveries himself

Also only 1 of shadiqs centuries have been in a winning cause, showing he loves to score in dead rubbers.
No he is not. He was only good against spin on the slow tracks where you have 2 hours to see the ball.

He got exposed multiple times in Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, South Africa and Australia vs Lyon, Herath, Tajiul and Imran Tahir.

He can only smother full deliveries from off-spinners or else he will resort to slogging/sweeping every ball.

Asad has multiple hundreds in both Bangladesh and Sri Lanka which Misbah unfortunately could not do.

Yes, Azhar is a better batsman. Averages over 43 and was our best batsman last tour to Aus. Shafiq averages 38.

Ignore [MENTION=138254]Syed1[/MENTION].

Last edited:

Azhar Ali must be the only batsman ever to bat for 3 days and struggle to get to a double...in a losing cause batting first. If one man has ever wasted a test match it was the one Azhar got his double against the aussies.

Azhar Ali must be the only batsman ever to bat for 3 days and struggle to get to a double...in a losing cause batting first. If one man has ever wasted a test match it was the one Azhar got his double against the aussies.

Yes, due to rain... Pakistan played like 125 overs in that innings, which is a little over 4 sessions in real terms. His SR was better than all the other batsmen until Amir and Sohail slogged a few on Day 3.

Back