Asad Shafiq - The man of crisis

See you come off as being stupid when you say stuff like I wouldn't trust Fawad against any decent bowling lineup that fields well. And then you say something along the lines that Sri Lanka isn't a decent team. Add to the fact that you're man love for Asad Shafiq blinds you from not seeing the guy doesn't perform well against anyone, actually as a ODI batsman, he's as good as Kamran Akmal. So I just don't understand your points because you dismiss Sri Lanka like they're not an international squad, therefore hurting Fawad's game but still Shafiq has been absolute trash against everyone, yet he's golden?

And what things have panned out exactly as you planned? Shafiq doing well in test matches where everyone on the team is scoring centuries? Scoring an irrelevant 50 with a terrible S/R against Australia? Shafiq is a trash One Day player, he's the embodiment of why Pakistan cricket will never reach its potential as a successful cricketing nation because once they begin to love a player. Playing crap doesn't matter because its fun to watch guys who are detriments to your team? I just don't get your logic.

BTW just for your information. Shafiq has played 8 more matches against SA, Australia and England, under your definition of a decent opposition that can field well (while saying Sri Lanka isn't under that definition) but Fawad has a 32 average, Shafiq has a 23 average. Fawad has a higher S/R as well. So you say Fawad can perform against decent oppositions but what do you have to say about the clear fact that Fawad has performed much better against these oppositions. Shafiq performances against these squads is almost as poor as Afridi...what do you have to say about that? You love this dude, but he just sucks...against everyone...

Fawad, lets run through your shrill argument once again:

Waaah, you said I wont last against good bowling attack
Waaah, you called Sri Lanka bad attack bad, (rohit sharma just put on 264 against them)
Waah, you love shafiq...but look at his odi average (maybe you are genuinely stupid - repeating the same thing in every email)
Waaah, so what if shafiq average has moved from 37 to 40 in test matches (see while you are being a moron arguing with me, the world is passing you by) - everyone scored runs

Waaah, shafiq played more matches against strong teams for lower average, so again my third rate analysis tells me he is poorer than me (= you = fawad)

So because you are a special breed of moron I will repeat for you again.
You are wrong about reading the worth of a player, because you have nothing but stats to base your argument on. You keep on demonstrating your ability to count numbers in every post, but cricket you do not understand.

So keep at it, might keyboard warrior, at the end of the day you are one of the countless losers in this world who can see what success but have no way to predict it or attain it, because in your world things need to happen before they are real, since you do not posses the gift or the talent to predict.

Cue reply with 'stupid, dumb' and same garbage about past stats.

Fawad, lets run through your shrill argument once again:

Waaah, you said I wont last against good bowling attack
Waaah, you called Sri Lanka bad attack bad, (rohit sharma just put on 264 against them)
Waah, you love shafiq...but look at his odi average (maybe you are genuinely stupid - repeating the same thing in every email)
Waaah, so what if shafiq average has moved from 37 to 40 in test matches (see while you are being a moron arguing with me, the world is passing you by) - everyone scored runs

Waaah, shafiq played more matches against strong teams for lower average, so again my third rate analysis tells me he is poorer than me (= you = fawad)

So because you are a special breed of moron I will repeat for you again.
You are wrong about reading the worth of a player, because you have nothing but stats to base your argument on. You keep on demonstrating your ability to count numbers in every post, but cricket you do not understand.

So keep at it, might keyboard warrior, at the end of the day you are one of the countless losers in this world who can see what success but have no way to predict it or attain it, because in your world things need to happen before they are real, since you do not posses the gift or the talent to predict.

Cue reply with 'stupid, dumb' and same garbage about past stats.

"You are wrong about reading the worth of a player, because you have nothing but stats to base your argument on."

That's a really fantastic statement though because I didn't think it a game that was basically revolved around numbers that numbers would make a difference...:yk2

And nice try with the he's played more matches. Shafiq has an average of 23! That's Afridi-like, and you're advocating him. And again, it's cool to bring up his test match performances recently but that has nothing to do with his ODI abilities.

But I want to go back to the statistical evidence. Because its not like it's a small margin. It's a margin of 20 runs. Significant to say the least no? I mean even the difference between Younis and Inzi in terms of averages is around 10 runs. Don't twist it and say that I'm calling Fawad, Inzi because I'm not. I'm showing you how stats means a lot. It isn't a coincidence that basically any batsman with an average over 40 in ODIs is considered a great batsman.

And if not for statistical evidence what should I base it off? What Mamoon classifies as instinctual beliefs? You call me a moron but you don't have no reasoning behind it. I would rather follow consistency and a batsman I can see fighting off attacks whether it be by chipping singles for the series over a guy that is a stroke-maker but we have a parade for everytime he scores 30 runs in ODIs. I want you to understand this. I just counted Asad Shafiq's numbers. You can do it yourself if you'd like. But in 49 innings, in 26 of them he failed to score over 20 runs. Out of the rest of those 23 innings, 13 of them he scored 41 or less. And the rest being between 84 and 50.

Now let's take a look at teams. And his best performances. You say Fawad faced a weak opposition in Sri Lanka, well its funny because Shafiq against the same opposition has yet to get 40 runs in an inning, let alone 114 in an Asia cup final, and lets not forget that every single batsman failed except for him and Umar in that match :maqsood

Okay back to Shafiq. Top 2 performances, 84 against Ireland. You're standards, irrelevant. 78 against Zimbabwe, again irrelevant. Back to his 49 innings now. So more than half of the time (26 out of 49 to be exact) he gives you virtually nothing, so he was absolute trash 55% of the time. More than a quarter of the time (13 out of 49), he got a start but didn't covert so he was bearable if anything. And less than one-fifth of the time does he score a significant fifty, and never a hundred.

But when you analysis his scores you notice his highest scores are against the weaker international squads. He hasn't scored over 75 runs in a match against any international team (excluding minnows like Zimbabwe and Ireland.) Most of his fifties are within the 50-65 range.

So let's get this straight. You want this guy who more than half the time does nothing, more than a quarter is decent and one-fifth is good at best? Is that what you want out of one of the batsmen you're trying to grow? Are you serious man? You call me a moron but you lack some serious logic problems. But continue to call me a moron because I know that I know more cricket than you do and I know you've got some serious fantasy issues about your boy Shafiq.

And don't get me started on this, Sri Lanka is a weak bowling lineup because Rohit Sharma score 264 against them? Like are you serious? You don't deserve to speak after a statement like that. You call yourself a cricket fan? Like come on man. Indian wicket, enough said. Flat track, dream track for Sharma. I guess that means that Australia is also a garbage opposition because Rohit Sharma scored 209 against them...

Seriously man it's sad that you're this horrendous at posting. You have no logic, I take what you've said and basically proven to you that you're completely wrong and you're fundamentally hypocritically to your core. You consider Australia an opposition but Sri Lanka not to be because Sharma scored 264 against them, pshh, get out of my way rookie. You need to stay away from the big boys, shhh, this is grown up time. I'll play with you later though kid.

2 +2 = 4 good job.
Put your money where your mouth is.
I can tell you asad will have a good series against NZ.
you unfortunately dont have the courage or the gift to predict.

Lol @ courage or gift to predict, I'll predict this right now. I can tell you Asad will have at best an Okay series against NZ. I can tell you Asad won't have more than one fifty. I can tell you that he won't score a century. I can tell you that most likely he'll be dropped by the start of the next series or let me rephrase that, should be dropped. I can tell that he won't win any MOTM, he won't be a big factor. Actually I'll be posting in threads saying why is he on the team, repeatedly.

And btw Steelo Greens my brother, and I'll be the first to tell you he predicted that once Fawad comes back on the team he will instantly perform. Boom scored a 70 and a not out century back-to-back in Asia Cup.

But here's the crazy thing, even if Asad was to have a good 3 match series which is possible I guess. Fawad's body of work is still easily miles ahead of Asad's. So I mean in terms of this argument I just trashed you and I proved Fawad>>>Asad any day.

Lol @ courage or gift to predict, I'll predict this right now. I can tell you Asad will have at best an Okay series against NZ. I can tell you Asad won't have more than one fifty. I can tell you that he won't score a century. I can tell you that most likely he'll be dropped by the start of the next series or let me rephrase that, should be dropped. I can tell that he won't win any MOTM, he won't be a big factor. Actually I'll be posting in threads saying why is he on the team, repeatedly.

And btw Steelo Greens my brother, and I'll be the first to tell you he predicted that once Fawad comes back on the team he will instantly perform. Boom scored a 70 and a not out century back-to-back in Asia Cup.

Fawad is out till the end of the world cup. Asad on the other hand....he will do well.

But here's the crazy thing, even if Asad was to have a good 3 match series which is possible I guess. Fawad's body of work is still easily miles ahead of Asad's. So I mean in terms of this argument I just trashed you and I proved Fawad>>>Asad any day.

hedging bets. dont be scared, show some courage..

hedging bets. dont be scared, show some courage..it is a 5 match series....you are so poor at future predictions that even the fact that we have 5 matches and not three escapes you.

Fawad is out till the end of the world cup. Asad on the other hand....he will do well.

Fawad will be back by the world cup for sure. Unless PCB continues its idiocy. But my point was Steelo predicted the great comeback by Fawad. He literally said the moment he gets a chance to bat he will score runs and he has.

hedging bets. dont be scared, show some courage..it is a 5 match series....you are so poor at future predictions that even the fact that we have 5 matches and not three escapes you.

You're trying to find solace within this argument because you lost. It's hilarious, trying to take shots at me because I said 3 instead of 5. Boy, learn you're place. Making a future prediction wouldn't matter if it was a 5 match series or 3 match series. Because if you'd read my posts at best Asad scores a fifty in less than 1 out of 5. So he might score one, which would somehow warrant a place on the team.

You're trying to find solace within this argument because you lost. It's hilarious, trying to take shots at me because I said 3 instead of 5. Boy, learn you're place. Making a future prediction wouldn't matter if it was a 5 match series or 3 match series. Because if you'd read my posts at best Asad scores a fifty in less than 1 out of 5. So he might score one, which would somehow warrant a place on the team.

we'll see...enjoy your time on this forum....it will be short i suspect.

Fawad will be back by the world cup for sure. Unless PCB continues its idiocy. But my point was Steelo predicted the great comeback by Fawad. He literally said the moment he gets a chance to bat he will score runs and he has.

steelo predicted that Asad shafiq will continue to do poorly pre-australia series, and he also got upset when I preducted that fawad will stuggle against Australia and will not play the NZ series or the world cup. Steel is 0-2 for so far. Dont hate the player, hate the game.

steelo predicted that Asad shafiq will continue to do poorly pre-australia series, and he also got upset when I preducted that fawad will stuggle against Australia and will not play the NZ series or the world cup. Steel is 0-2 for so far. Dont hate the player, hate the game.

*Clap all around* Wow man you predicted two things to happen in a sport. You're a superstar. Oh you predicted that the PCB is stupid and would drop a player unnecessarily? And you predicted Shafiq batted well even when Hafeez was looking like an ATG batsman in test? Wow man. You're something.

Call me when you can predict that a guy will come back onto the team and instantly be a factor like Steelo said Fawad would. And Shafiq struggled immensely in ODs just saying.

Does any full time sole batsman in odis for pak avg worse than shafiq after 50 games?

Does any full time sole batsman in odis for pak avg worse than shafiq after 50 games?

That would be hard to achieve. Knives are out pretty quickly in Pakistan and it would be hard to last this long with such a dismal record if anyone was only a batsman.

Hafeez averaged 19 after 50 ODIs with 0 hundreds.

100 ODIs later, he averages 31 with 9 hundreds.

Say what you want about him, but his improvement has been nothing short of inspirational for which I have big soft spot for him.

The guy has literally earned whatever he has achieved in his career.

Say what you want about him, but his improvement has been nothing short of inspirational for which I have big soft spot for him.

Can you please name the teams against which he scored centuries: SL,Ireland,WI,Zim anymore??? Oh and that against India on a flat deck

Hafeez is a sitting duck overseas but most sub-continent batsman are. I actually like Hafeez and his intent to attack, he plays some breath-taking innings, and says he promotes young players. Only think I fault him is for his backing of Kamran Akmal, though he did say he did not want Malik and Razzaq in his team which is a plus, but I think it's because they were also are competing for an all-rounders spot.

That's still not good Shehzad is much better in ODIs then him but his bowling is a..........Oh I remember he could be banned and for Asad it is nott good for a player approaching 30s to have an average of 26 and sluggish strike rate of 69

Hafeez has always had his bowling as a extra string to his bow which through the rough years kept him in the team

He wasnt given a free run in the team solely on batting like shafiq

^ I was replying to which Pakistani batsman had a worse record than Shafiq after 50 games. Yes Hafeez got a longer rope because of his bowling skills.

So let's see you say Hafeez is awful and can only perform on flat tracks and against awful competition, yet we sit and laud Shafiq for this innings, this should be fun:

I think it's laughable for people to feel that somehow magically his problems will disappear if he drops down the order. It is all about his lack of quality and lack of heart against quality opposition. I can tell you he will be a star as opener if we play Sri Lanka again

Cannot play quality bowling, that's about it

So is NZ quality or not? If it is, then Hafeez who you said would fail against good competition, didn't fail and you were wrong.

Any pitch hafeez can score on vs decent opposition is probably not worthy of being a test match pitch

Oh, so, hold up, now the pitch is not worthy of being a test match pitch. I guess that makes our superstar Shafiq's, according to you, innings not worthy of being a test match score. So if we follow you, this century doesn't count for anything. Glad we established that.

I cannot bring myself to applaud hafeez, as his auqaaat is well and truly reflected when we play in marginally helpful conditions.
There are some players even if they prosper or cash in on flat conditions you know they have the game for more testing conditions. But not hafeez, every time he scores in a test match or odi I wince at the prospect of him playing when we travel to oz or as or England and we know how that will turn out.
Maybe an over enthusiastic umpire will help out Pakistan when hafeez is bowling

Hmm...

Let my try to read some tea leaves:
- won't be playing the first test
- will fail at 4 or 5 in any format of the game if the opposition is not Zimbabwe, Bangladesh, or Sri Lanka: this you will get to see at the World Cup.

Good prediction.

You also said Asad would come good in ODI's. He didn't. He scored a 50 with an SR of 60 and his next best score was this fantastic 29 that you glorify.

Don't see him getting a match. Sohaib will play ahead of him.

This was prior to the Asia Cup. Good prediction.

You said regarding Fawad against Mitch in Australia...

One innings is definitive proof. Did he face all those deliveries against them?

Oh so for Shafiq, one innings is you being right, but if someone else claims it you patronize them hmm..

Meh. Won't be part of the playing eleven.

Another prediction.

Pakistan will be in a good place. These results will give impetus for change in batting personnel
My fear is for misbah: how long can he continue?
And also the leadership crisis that will follow. Pakistan have no replacement captain.
I foresee yk returning to the helm should misbah not be able to carry the load.

Prediction for 2015 WC. Good place hmm...

At the risk of being unpopular, I think some of.these players have something to offer.

Regarding Malik and Yousuf in 2012

Now I could go on. I have been wrong plenty of times, and admitted it, but if you want to point out where I have been wrong, I could keep going. I think you get the point. Too bad about that century though that according to you doesn't count.

I think you guys need to call it a day. This argument ran its course days ago.

No one is questioning Hafeez. Hafeez was a bowler too so still not counted as a batsman with a worse record than Shafiq. No specialist batsman has been given that kind of leeway

so let's see you say hafeez is awful and can only perform on flat tracks and against awful competition, yet we sit and laud shafiq for this innings, this should be fun:

So is nz quality or not? If it is, then hafeez who you said would fail against good competition, didn't fail and you were wrong.

Oh, so, hold up, now the pitch is not worthy of being a test match pitch. I guess that makes our superstar shafiq's, according to you, innings not worthy of being a test match score. So if we follow you, this century doesn't count for anything. Glad we established that.

Hmm...

Good prediction.

You also said asad would come good in odi's. He didn't. He scored a 50 with an sr of 60 and his next best score was this fantastic 29 that you glorify.

This was prior to the asia cup. Good prediction.

You said regarding fawad against mitch in australia...

Oh so for shafiq, one innings is you being right, but if someone else claims it you patronize them hmm..

Another prediction.

Prediction for 2015 wc. Good place hmm...

Regarding malik and yousuf in 2012

now i could go on. I have been wrong plenty of times, and admitted it, but if you want to point out where i have been wrong, i could keep going. I think you get the point. Too bad about that century though that according to you doesn't count.

potw

No one is questioning Hafeez. Hafeez was a bowler too so still not counted as a batsman with a worse record than Shafiq. No specialist batsman has been given that kind of leeway

I agree that so far Shafiq has not justified his selection in ODIs, regardless of whether he has been mistreated or not considering his batting position, but I think he's turning a corner now.

So let's see you say Hafeez is awful and can only perform on flat tracks and against awful competition, yet we sit and laud Shafiq for this innings, this should be fun:

So is NZ quality or not? If it is, then Hafeez who you said would fail against good competition, didn't fail and you were wrong.

Oh, so, hold up, now the pitch is not worthy of being a test match pitch. I guess that makes our superstar Shafiq's, according to you, innings not worthy of being a test match score. So if we follow you, this century doesn't count for anything. Glad we established that.

Hmm...

Good prediction.

You also said Asad would come good in ODI's. He didn't. He scored a 50 with an SR of 60 and his next best score was this fantastic 29 that you glorify.

This was prior to the Asia Cup. Good prediction.

You said regarding Fawad against Mitch in Australia...

Oh so for Shafiq, one innings is you being right, but if someone else claims it you patronize them hmm..

Another prediction.

Prediction for 2015 WC. Good place hmm...

Regarding Malik and Yousuf in 2012

Now I could go on. I have been wrong plenty of times, and admitted it, but if you want to point out where I have been wrong, I could keep going. I think you get the point. Too bad about that century though that according to you doesn't count.
You lost me, what's the point? Shafiq is doing what I expect and is part of both squads and Fawad is not? Did I miss anything vs you? Since these are the two points that you were most upset about?

You lost me, what's the point? Shafiq is doing what I expect and is part of both squads and Fawad is not? Did I miss anything vs you? Since these are the two points that you were most upset about?

No. You weren't.

You said Shafiq did well in the ODI series. He didn't. He'll do garbage in NZ so when that happens and if he repeats what he did in Australia that's still awful.

Shafiq didn't do well in the tests, he did worse than man of the series Hafeez whom you said would do awful.

Oh well, grasping in straws to defend your love.

Do your knees hurt?

No. You weren't.

You said Shafiq did well in the ODI series. He didn't. He'll do garbage in NZ so when that happens and if he repeats what he did in Australia that's still awful.

Shafiq didn't do well in the tests, he did worse than man of the series Hafeez whom you said would do awful.

Oh well, grasping in straws to defend your love.

Do your knees hurt?
All of the above is patently wrong.
It's one thing to argue with logic and it's another to become desperate. How you manage your integrity if your problem not mine.

Shafiqs entire career is ignored and now 2 tests and 3 ODIs now defines his career and people are justifying it. Intelligence is clearly irrelevant.

7 matches against Australia and a fantastic 33 average.
8 matches against England and a 25 average.
8 matches against SA and a marvellous 14.
SL which Fawad owns but for some reason is a lesser team bc you pick and choose who is good and bad is 31. If he was so good he couldn't trash this "trash" team.
In UAE a marvellous 25 average.

So he can't score on flat tracks but let's ignore that. You're choosing the narrative where you believe it is relevant.

"A career doesn't matter 3 average ODIs and 2 decent tests show his improvement".

Hilarious.

It's one thing to argue with logic and it's another to become desperate. How you manage your integrity if your problem not mine.

"Let me run around saying things are wrong even though they are right and simply saying it will make my position stronger!"

30.65 average in Australia. Shafiq did well. Good job, good effort.

When someone says, you're wrong but doesn't provide any reasoning behind it then continues to go and attack the other person's integrity...usually displays the winner/loser of the argument painfully clear.

When someone says, you're wrong but doesn't provide any reasoning behind it then continues to go and attack the other person's integrity...usually displays the winner/loser of the argument painfully clear.

Thanks, I notice some of your posts are missing fom yesterday, why is that?

It makes me wonder if this Pete Rose personal has been hired by Shafiq, related to Shafiq, or is Shafiq himself. I cannot understand the unhealthy perverse fascination he has for Shafiq, it's plain weird.

Only explanation can be that he is the same height as him so he has a role model.

It makes me wonder if this Pete Rose personal has been hired by Shafiq, related to Shafiq, or is Shafiq himself. I cannot understand the unhealthy perverse fascination he has for Shafiq, it's plain weird.

Only explanation can be that he is the same height as him so he has a role model.

My friend, I thought you wanted pick this up after the series against new Zealand: why show up as an extra in a conversation in a conversqtion that is not particularly original especially when there is no unique insight that you offer.

My friend, I thought you wanted pick this up after the series against new Zealand: why show up as an extra in a conversation in a conversqtion that is not particularly original especially when there is no unique insight that you offer.

At least you remember, we shall resume this conversation after the ODI series :)

Man of Crisis scores 5 off 17 in an ODI. Oh I get it so he creates a crisis. The thread makes sense now

Created a crisis again today. Coming up the order and getting out cheaply as usua. 1 (5).

He should be alteast given 5 series to judge his potential. wonderful technique and can be future captain and a great leader.

A hundred after 10 failures in tests and a 50 after 5 failures in ODIs, and nothing in between. He has not kicked on despite having so many chances. He should be sidelined from the limited over set up now.

There is no point in including him in the World Cup squad.

So much hypocrites here ! What about shahzad and others ? Why Shafiq to blame everytime ! Let the guy breathe easily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So much hypocrites here ! What about shahzad and others ? Why Shafiq to blame everytime ! Let the guy breathe easily

One guy has a body of work the other has... Nothing.

One guy has a body of work the other has... Nothing.

Listen buddy highs and lows are part of game ! In recent past we have seen this with misbah hafeez etc ! He ll do good let be a little patient !

Listen buddy highs and lows are part of game ! In recent past we have seen this with misbah hafeez etc ! He ll do good let be a little patient !

He's never been good in ODI, blind faith will lead to a useless batsman. And Asad Shafiq is the most useless player on the squad, at least YK is a good fielder.

No.

51 ODIs of nothing and no sign of hope.

Hafeez was kicked out for years and came back with a bang and Misbah was stuck behind a lot of players.

Shafiq is an awful ODI player and will never come good. I can't believe people still think he will come good.

He's never been good in ODI, blind faith will lead to a useless batsman. And Asad Shafiq is the most useless player on the squad, at least YK is a good fielder.

Shafiq is an excellent fielder ! No proper no. For him ! He doesn't cry like umar akmal !

Shafiq is an excellent fielder ! No proper no. For him ! He doesn't cry like umar akmal !

Yeah but at least Umar Akmal can score past 10 runs 85% of the time. Shafiq actually scores less than 20 more than 55% of the time.

Yeah but at least Umar Akmal can score past 10 runs 85% of the time. Shafiq actually scores less than 20 more than 55% of the time.

Atleast will not solve the problem ! Lets be honest that our batting keeps letting us down ' whether its shafiq umar akmal etc ! These all are good players but need some runs on their back to gain confidence again !

No.

51 ODIs of nothing and no sign of hope.

Hafeez was kicked out for years and came back with a bang and Misbah was stuck behind a lot of players.

Shafiq is an awful ODI player and will never come good. I can't believe people still think he will come good.

A guy playing with no hope has 99odis on his back ? Cant believe still people want him in the side who slogs to 30 odd runs and people claps for his boundaries !

Atleast will not solve the problem ! Lets be honest that our batting keeps letting us down ' whether its shafiq umar akmal etc ! These all are good players but need some runs on their back to gain confidence again !

No Akmal doesn't consistently let us down. He's a good batsman with a lot of value to any modern day international team. Shafiq is just garbage should never step onto a field in a ODI match unless he's the water boy.

No Akmal doesn't consistently let us down. He's a good batsman with a lot of value to any modern day international team. Shafiq is just garbage should never step onto a field in a ODI match unless he's the water boy.

Buddy consistently ? Are u serious u still want him in the side ? Holy hack i have been debating with the wrong guy !

Just doesnt seem to have the ability to play the odi game, just like YK he is a test player who thrives on players being in convetional test fielding postions mutiple slips, gulleys etc... so can score runs. once fielders are more so in front of the wicket he struggles to score runs or work ball around.

Unfortunately there hasnt been any highs when it comes to him in odis, just lows

You talk about patience, the guy has been playing odis for 5 years now with nothing to show for it, how patient do you want fans to be? Another 5 years when he turns 35?

Buddy consistently ? Are u serious u still want him in the side ? Holy hack i have been debating with the wrong guy !

Of course I want a guy with an average of 37, with performances in the World Cup, Asia Cup also with a S/R of 88 on our squad. If you don't, you're watching the wrong sport. And the fact that you think that he isn't consistent tells me that you're valuing certain brain farts a little too much. Akmal's a very good ODI batsman.

Unfortunately there hasnt been any highs when it comes to him in odis, just lows

You talk about patience, the guy has been playing odis for 5 years now with nothing to show for it, how patient do you want fans to be? Another 5 years when he turns 35?

Yr one match then 2 matches dropped , next series dropped , then after 5 months 2 games ! 5 years 51 odis ! U can think now how not well he has been managed

Of course I want a guy with an average of 37, with performances in the World Cup, Asia Cup also with a S/R of 88 on our squad. If you don't, you're watching the wrong sport. And the fact that you think that he isn't consistent tells me that you're valuing certain brain farts a little too much. Akmal's a very good ODI batsman.

Acha yr theek hai ! Maan lia mene ! Khush

He deserves a long run in odis. Hes the best pak bat technically and we cant afford to discard him after investing so much in him.

He deserves a long run in odis. Hes the best pak bat technically and we cant afford to discard him after investing so much in him.

Technically has not produced runs. Remember that is what is cricket is about.

The greatest fool continues to try the same thing expecting different results. You have to cut a bad idea loose when it isn't working.

Who cares how much time has been invested. He will never come good.

Just stop this asad shafiq best technically garbage, he's a trash ODI batsman, just get that through your head. He will never be good, he simply cannot take the pressure of having to score runs. He should have never been brought onto the ODI squad to begin with, we have many more capable and accomplished batsman in comparison.

So if 50 ODIs isn't a long run, please tell me what is? :)))

Can't think of a single player that is as bad as him because he has never had any one-off/fluke performances, take away his 2 top scores against Ireland and Zimbabwe and he averages like 22 at like 60 SR

Nope, its not working in ODIs. Doesn't deserve to play at the World Cup.

Asad Shafiq-the future of Pakistan

Many Pak cricket pundits and many posters in PP claims that Asad Shafiq has it all- technique, temperament, potential etc etc and according to them he is considered as the future of Pakistan team's batting.

But wait. If you look at his ODI record you will find like this- he has played 51 ODIs so far and he has scored 1194 runs with an astonishing average of 25.40 with a mighty SR of 68.73.He is being given regular chances in ODIs with a hope that the ''future'' will come into presence.But Asad keeps them waiting and waiting and the days never comes :26:

I have grown up with the batting of Anwar,Injamam,Ijaj,Malik,Basit,Yousuf, but when i see that batsman like Asad is batting for Pakistan and getting so much praise then i can guess the not only the future but also the present of Pak cricket

He can be a good striker as shown by the ton in the 3rd test. Of course, that ton came after the ship had sailed. Makes one wonder if he can handle the pressure. :srt

He is a good test player but not fit for ODIs;should be dropped from ODIs ASAP.

Back