Ashok Dinda

Statsman

T20I Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
I'm not sure if we already have a thread on the "Jumping Jack" of Indian cricket. Ganguly (Pune Warrior captain...cough cough) claims that Dinda is the best in our domestic set up, his jump reminds his Pune Warrior's coach (cough cough...) Allan Donald of himself.

Well, according to me, he's the worst fast bowler India has churned out in decades, and that speaking a lot.

meguCMecjhf.jpg

Ps. Mods pls merge if there already is a thread on him, couldn't find.

Can't believe I am saying this but Sreesanth is better than this clown.

I'm not sure if we already have a thread on the "Jumping Jack" of Indian cricket. Ganguly (Pune Warrior captain...cough cough) claims that Dinda is the best in our domestic set up, his jump reminds his Pune Warrior's coach (cough cough...) Allan Donald of himself.

Well, according to me, he's the worst fast bowler India has churned out in decades, and that speaking a lot.

meguCMecjhf.jpg

Ps. Mods pls merge if there already is a thread on him, couldn't find.

He is not worst. Yadav is a strong contendor of this title.

Trust me Dinda is a good bowler, he's just had a bad day.

This is what I wrote in another thread:

Ashok Dinda is actually a pretty good bowler.I've seen him play now quite a few times and every time I've seen him play he's pretty decent. I remember in the Asia Cup he was probably the Indian stand out bowler. Bowled well with pace reaching 142 at times and he beat a lot of our batsman. I remember him bowling a bouncer at 91 mph too. I don't think we have any bowlers who can bowl bouncers at that pace especially on a slow Dhaka track. Here is the Cricinfo commentary

Quote:
Dinda to Nasir Jamshed, 1 wide, 91.0 mph, that's a very sharp bouncer but unfortunately for the bowler he is penalised, Dhoni just about catches it
Dinda is a very good bowler in my view. I actually think he's better then Varun and on the same level as Yadav. I feel Varun is overrated just because of his pace. I don't really see Varun doing to well. He's already had a few injuries too.

Also I remember during the IPL Allan Donald spoke very highly of Ashok Dinda and his work ethic. He said he is always willing to learn and he puts in the hard work. That's what India need and that's exactly what you need from a pace bowler. Getting praise off a former legend shows how much talent Dinda has!

India have a very good pace attack coming up with some decent spinners. I see there bowling attack doing well now. They've got some young quicks who can serve India for some time. Exciting times for Indians!

Umesh Yadav, Varun Aaron, Zaheer Khan, Ashok Dinda, Praveen Kumar, Irfan Pathan, Ishant Sharma, Sreesanth, Ashwin, Harbajhan, Chawla, Mishra & Ojha. Some very very good bowlers there. I'd limit Praveen to only tests. Not a good enough ODI bowler but a very good test bowler. I'd limit Zaheer to tests only too so he can maintain his fitness. Ishant the same. I'd limit Varun to ODI's and if he does very well there then maybe a test call up will come his way. Good times for Indian bowling!

I don't know when the Indian bowlers would learn how to bowl in the death overs! It's been our main concern from years!

Absolute travesty of a bowler, him along with Vinay Kumar have to be the worst India have produced.

Not saying he is extremely good, but he is just not that much bad.

I would say dinda performed way better than i expected. Just 76 runs in 10 overs.... I was thinking he'l make a century today when i saw his name in the team sheet.

@Bullet Drive

Allan Donald spoke very highly of Dinda just like Wasim Akram spoke very highly of Laxmipathetic Balaji.

See the connection?? $$

In general from what I've seen, Indians seem to bowl well during the start of the innings, but lose the intensity and plot somewhere in the middle! Need to have killer instinct to finish off things

Balaji is a lot better..

I won't Mind if India team brings him back in to t20 and see if he is good for international cricket....that 3 yrs injury ruined him...

I think we need to have one of Nehra, Munaf and Balaji in the team...

These Dindas, vinays are useeless..

I was one of those people who wanted Agarkar to be ousted of the team..but now he seems like a freaking legend with the matches he won...and stats he has...

Ashok Dinda is actually a pretty good bowler.I've seen him play now quite a few times and every time I've seen him play he's pretty decent. I remember in the Asia Cup he was probably the Indian stand out bowler. Bowled well with pace reaching 142 at times and he beat a lot of our batsman. I remember him bowling a bouncer at 91 mph too. I don't think we have any bowlers who can bowl bouncers at that pace especially on a slow Dhaka track.

7 ODIs, 5 wickes with an avg of 62.60 and eco of 6+ :akhtar

you are right, we dont have a bowler who can bowl like him :sami

wasim bhai are u currently living in india? :wahab

Last edited:
7 ODIs, 5 wickes with an avg of 62.60 and eco of 6+ :akhtar

you are right, we dont have a bowler who can bowl like him :sami

wasim bhai are u currently living in india? :wahab

Apparently, bd thinks hes the best bowler in cricket and is better then the pakistani bowlers....

You know what? Actually India have a lot of good domestic bowlers. How can it be true that in a domestic fixture where atleast 200 players plays among the millions of budding cricketers, there is not even a single good bowler. But the main problem here, as soon as a good bowler get picked, he try to become a regular member, try to bat better, to save runs and in all those things, forgets his main purpose, that to takes wicket. Pitches in India a batting friendly. Very hardly you will find one helping the bowlers. It has became a tendency for Indian bowlers to be economic and save runs rather than attack batsmen. Meanwhile, selection also is sometimes state favoured, being a south Indian, Vinay kumar gets a lot of chances. I dont think he is by any chance a good bowler, but he gonna be selected in every series. Parwinder Awana , i saw as a very good bowler, but he is not even in the probables for t20 world cup. India need to make a little bowler friendly domestic setup. This will help the batsmen too as they will get used to conditions in Australia and England, where we have seen last year how they performed.

Ashok Dinda is actually a pretty good bowler.I've seen him play now quite a few times and every time I've seen him play he's pretty decent. I remember in the Asia Cup he was probably the Indian stand out bowler. Bowled well with pace reaching 142 at times and he beat a lot of our batsman. I remember him bowling a bouncer at 91 mph too. I don't think we have any bowlers who can bowl bouncers at that pace especially on a slow Dhaka track. Here is the Cricinfo commentary

Quote:
Dinda to Nasir Jamshed, 1 wide, 91.0 mph, that's a very sharp bouncer but unfortunately for the bowler he is penalised, Dhoni just about catches it
Dinda is a very good bowler in my view. I actually think he's better then Varun and on the same level as Yadav. I feel Varun is overrated just because of his pace. I don't really see Varun doing to well. He's already had a few injuries too.

Also I remember during the IPL Allan Donald spoke very highly of Ashok Dinda and his work ethic. He said he is always willing to learn and he puts in the hard work. That's what India need and that's exactly what you need from a pace bowler. Getting praise off a former legend shows how much talent Dinda has!

India have a very good pace attack coming up with some decent spinners. I see there bowling attack doing well now. They've got some young quicks who can serve India for some time. Exciting times for Indians!

Umesh Yadav, Varun Aaron, Zaheer Khan, Ashok Dinda, Praveen Kumar, Irfan Pathan, Ishant Sharma, Sreesanth, Ashwin, Harbajhan, Chawla, Mishra & Ojha. Some very very good bowlers there. I'd limit Praveen to only tests. Not a good enough ODI bowler but a very good test bowler. I'd limit Zaheer to tests only too so he can maintain his fitness. Ishant the same. I'd limit Varun to ODI's and if he does very well there then maybe a test call up will come his way. Good times for Indian bowling!

You have a knack of supporting All time failures eh ?? LOL

Apparently, bd thinks hes the best bowler in cricket and is better then the pakistani bowlers....

You have a knack of supporting All time failures eh ?? LOL

2 Misbots. Where have I said he's the best bowler in cricket and where have I said he's better than the Pakistan bowlers? You seriously are lost/blind. Or you don't understand English. Read my post again and please quote where I have said 'he's the best bowler in cricket'. If you cannot quote that, your a liar and your lying let again.

& Zamee, you seriously do not know anything about identifying talent. Your calling Dinda a failure when he's played a handful of matches. Your acting as if he's played over 100+ matches and has a poor average etc. He's starting his bloody international career. How the hell can you call him a failure?

You guys have got your favourites and you stick to them. Nothing any one else can do can impress you but then again, why does it need to. Who are you. Your in love with a pathetic defensive captain and it seems that's all you care about.

Yeah zammee, you dont know how to identify talent, only bullet drive knows how to identify it, while he calls other defensive :)))

& what does that prove. You said this

'Apparently, bd thinks hes the best bowler in cricket and is better then the pakistani bowlers....'

& I'm asking where I have said that. Can you quote where I have said that.

This doesn't prove what you said. I said

'I don't think we have bowlers who can bowl 91mph bouncers on a slow track'.

& I stick by it. Where in that sentence do I say

'Dinda is the best bowler in cricket' & 'Dinda is better than the Pakistani bowlers'?

Please show me where I have said that. If you cannot your a liar and you have been lying AGAIN. Stop trying to put words into my mouth.

Re read your post again... You clearly make him as the best bowler in cricket...

So you cannot answer me and divert what I have posted. Well done, how pathetic of you.. Or should I say how normal of you.

I don't need to read my post again. I've posted it, I know what I've written. Your now just posting nonsense to defend your ego. You don't understand anything.

people forget a certain isuru udana trundler extraordinaire

Sent from my MT11i using Tapatalk 2

Same old story with Indian bowlers. If they have pace, they lack control. If they have control, they lack pace. Decent at T20, won't last a day in Test cricket.

2 Misbots. Where have I said he's the best bowler in cricket and where have I said he's better than the Pakistan bowlers? You seriously are lost/blind. Or you don't understand English. Read my post again and please quote where I have said 'he's the best bowler in cricket'. If you cannot quote that, your a liar and your lying let again.

& Zamee, you seriously do not know anything about identifying talent. Your calling Dinda a failure when he's played a handful of matches. Your acting as if he's played over 100+ matches and has a poor average etc. He's starting his bloody international career. How the hell can you call him a failure?

You guys have got your favourites and you stick to them. Nothing any one else can do can impress you but then again, why does it need to. Who are you. Your in love with a pathetic defensive captain and it seems that's all you care about.

lol he averages 60 odd for a reason mate, plus his List A average is 30+ and what talent are you talking about?? The long jump he takes before the run up or the banana swing he gets at 100 mph ??
My favorites?? Who are they enlighten me please...

Yeah zammee, you dont know how to identify talent, only bullet drive knows how to identify it, while he calls other defensive :)))

Ive seen him posting quality stuff most of the time but these days he is acting quiet weirdly. And the way he criticizes Asad and Misbah is beyond me.

Ive seen him posting quality stuff most of the time but these days he is acting quiet weirdly. And the way he criticizes Asad and Misbah is beyond me.

Zamee , BD is a quality poster..
but u guys r trolling him badly these days :afridi
you cant expect UA fans to support tuk tuks

The search for a quality Indian fast bowling attack goes on...

Zaheer is one of the better bowlers atm.

I'll be very surprised if Zaheer is still playing after two years.. His fitness is very dodgy.. gets injured quite often.. plus he is also getting on in years.. You guys definitely need to find somebody of his quality very quickly.

This is funny, ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC analysis of a bowlers caliber here by posters.....

Tell me in this whole series how many quick bowlers have managed to cut down the runs, lets take the quick one's, i'm not talking of trundlers.

1) Malinga : Economy above 7
2) Umesh : Economy above 8
3) Dinda : Economy 7.6

This makes me believe it's got to do with the pitch and the conditions also. Umesh / Dinda have never been to sri lanka , 1st tour, they will take some time adjusting.

The only bowlers making an impact are the medium pacers of the likes of perera, methews, khan, irfan. All line and length bowlers.

Dinda has broken Sangakkara's hand, he was regularly above 136 touching 143 at times on that slow wicket, means something. He was hammered alright, but hammering is part of the game, i'm sure every bowler gets hammered sometime or the other.

We need to see how dinda performs when he has some games regularly under his belt, he was the best bowler in the domestic first class circuit, always among the wickets, he has improved a lot, one bad performance doesn't mean anything to me. Important thing is how a bowler learns from the hammering and comes back stronger next time against the same opposition.

Quote:

Does performance count for you in any way or are you just focusing on one or 2 good balls or good shots amid an otherwise steamy pile of trash?

Regarding Donald's comments former players especially coaches compliment players regularly to encourage them. If it's sincere, even then players are humans like us and can make mistakes

And at this point, one wonders whether it is fair to Pattinson, Steyn, Cummins, Morkel, Philander, Anderson, Broad, Finn and Tremlett to say so

Last 1 year, he has mostly been injured so yeah it won't be a fair idea.
But 2008-11 he averaged around 20 and won a lot of Tests for us.
On top of that he took 21 wickets(Highest wicket taker) on dead Indian tracks during world cup.
Agree with LastLaugh there, he is on the last legs with such poor fitness at this age.

Ashok Dinda has a great father figure in the media in Sourav Ganguly to do the campaign. He will distribute sweets in Bengal today since the former broke Kumar Sangakkara´s finger with a 'bouncer';-).

I like his jump before delivering the ball :)))

Deers jump exactly like that:))).

I find his jump very awkward.He is not the worst , we have Vinay-the speedster.

Dinda to play his 4th T20 today!

Has taken 5 wickets in 3 T20s at almost 15 a piece.

Lets see if he can save himself from phainty today!! :D

Don't know why India keeps on selecting guys like Dinda. The guy is nothing special. Has average pace. Your typical trundler with no variations or yorker.

I don't like the fact that by selecting these trundlers, what kind of example is BCCI setting for kids watching cricket in India? :facepalm:

Can't believe Dada said that Dinda is the best pacer in India. If that is true then we are in big trouble.

no variations

This.

The guy simply has no variations. Short of the length, a little widish on the off, odd ball on the wickets, but again too short. Can never get a bowled or LB in his entire career. Same with Vinay.

Now he gets a wicket. Even if hets a 5fer, it still does not change the fact that he is a rubbish trundler.

the aggression, the looks, the stare, the passion, the band on his head and his celebration after getting scalps are treat to watch!

would be interesting to see if he is the next ipl million dollar prospect after sir jadu.....

olwayzz happens :raja

With that ladies and gentlemen, Dinda has sealed his spot
:facepalm:

Dinda is a honest trier, needs to pace up a bit though and also add yorker to his armoury. It will make him a useful LOI bowler. So far he has a decent inswing delivery and a sharp bouncer, good bowler in the making, of course only if handled properly.

Dinda is a honest trier, needs to pace up a bit though and also add yorker to his armoury. It will make him a useful LOI bowler. So far he has a decent inswing delivery and a sharp bouncer, good bowler in the making, of course only if handled properly.

You can say the same about Vinay Kumar, RP Singh, VRV Singh, Munaf, Praveen and numerous other trundlers from India.

dinda is clearly 10kmph faster than the rest :akhtar

So are VRV and RP. Some Indians only follow the Pakistani posters here in generalising the pace.
Zaheer bowls between 130-135kmp, (that is enough for reverse swing,and his experience as well). that fact is lost on many people.
Dinda bowls around 135kmp-140kmp, that is quicker than the rest of the bowlers barring Yadav and Aaron.
p.s. he is good in t20s but poor in odis as I said in the last odi commentary.

Haters gonna hate......

Dinda is clearly better than Yadav,Varun coz they lack control over their line....and Dinda is no trundler,he can bowl as quick as 145 kph

today bowled fuller and to my surprise got swing
now i know how he got so many wikets in ranji.. in odis he bowls touch too short (not tlaking abt bouncers! )

Dinda turning into a very good T20 bowler.

Pathetic in the longer formats of the game but he deserves his place in the T20 side.

Underrated t20 bowler. Brought India back into the game last time around vs Pakistan. Today was difference between the two sides with the ball. Excellent death bowler:waqar

Dinda got wickets and played a crucial role in India's victory.

But the fact is that none of the wickets were due to his brilliant bowling.
Umar Akmal played a brainless heave.
Hafeez lost his wicket in trying to hit the ball out of the park.
Afridi got out trying to hit the ball for a six.

Fact is, Dinda did not deceive any batsman with his pace or swing or Yorker length deliveries.

All the wickets he got were length balls which should have been hammered for sixes. He just got lucky. On a different day, they will be sixes.

Always thought there's something special about him. Bowled 2 brilliant match winning overs.

Dinda got wickets and played a crucial role in India's victory.

But the fact is that none of the wickets were due to his brilliant bowling.
Umar Akmal played a brainless heave.
Hafeez lost his wicket in trying to hit the ball out of the park.
Afridi got out trying to hit the ball for a six.

Fact is, Dinda did not deceive any batsman with his pace or swing or Yorker length deliveries.

All the wickets he got were length balls which should have been hammered for sixes. He just got lucky. On a different day, they will be sixes.

Actually the wicket of umar akmal was a slower ball. And I remember 1 or 2 yorkers in the end overs as well.

Indians are too hard on their bowlers like Pak are too hard on their batsmen.

Dinda deceived Umar Akmal with a very good slower ball. Granted, it's not hard to deceive Umar but he did deceive him. Plus, his yorkers were Yorkers and not low fulltosses. He was a thinking bowler today :hafeez

legend of jinxes when it comes 2 IPL:
In IPL 2008, he was in KKR.
They finished 6th out of d 8
teams.
In 2009, again he was in KKR. 8th out of 8.
In 2010, In KKR. Dey were 6th out of 8.
In 2011, he joined DD. And
they finished 10th out of 10.
In 2012, he again changed teams n joined, PWI. They
finished 9th out of 9.
In 2013, again in PWI and they arw on their way to finish 9th out of 9 once again!

Right after he left KKR, they qualified for d semi-finals for the 1st time and won IPL the next year.
The year after he
left DD, they finished as table toppers for the 1st time and qualified for d play-offs.

Sir Ashok dinda
#respect

lol Dinda is the worst possible; player, athlete, human who should be playin any sport.. Looks like anyone can make some quick bucks in the IPL, hey Miggy if you are reading this we should try out for the IPL, who knows maybe we can play a season and pay off the house mortgages....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back