Asics gel rocket

zaid135

Debutant
Runs
ok so i was at a shop buying my new football boots because i am selected in the team.The shopkeeper who had no idea what he had in store came up with a asics gel rocket and i was like whaatt??? My fatherinsisted so i wore the shoe and whoa it was soft but not for football.I asked the price and it was quite less id say very much into my range it was PKR.2200 and as i said he had no idea he came to PKR.1400 on the first try for bargain but still it was not a football shoe so i said what ever i was just checking my size so ignore this chance i said in my head boy you'll get another chance someday. I wanted to ask everyone: "Could this shoe be original :hafeez??????"

a few things you can check with asics gels to see if they are original, the gel pad in the heel should be soft to touch, like if you pressed your nail into it, it would leave a mark for a few seconds.

secondly the construction should be very soft on the top, and it should hug your foot.

thirdly the shoe should bend easily, like when you walk, but it should be quite stiff in terms of rotating it about the axis going through the shoe.

lastly the outersole should be made of distinct pieces, and each piece should be neatly in place, with no frays or bits of glue, etc.

if the shoes meets all those criteria, even if it is fake, for Rs. 2200 that would be decent.

p.s. i have a pair of asics i bought two years ago, they cost me the equivelent of more than Rs, 11,000, although you can get lesser asics cheaper.

$%28KGrHqEOKm4E2UiRPiNFBN09T7%29iE%21%7E%7E_12.JPG

I don't think that u can get asics gel rocket for only Rs2200, but if the shoes are soft and comfortable than I think u shud buy it

I don't even think u can find asics in Pakistan....even Puma or Nike is carried by the manufacturer's retailers.

a few things you can check with asics gels to see if they are original, the gel pad in the heel should be soft to touch, like if you pressed your nail into it, it would leave a mark for a few seconds.

secondly the construction should be very soft on the top, and it should hug your foot.

thirdly the shoe should bend easily, like when you walk, but it should be quite stiff in terms of rotating it about the axis going through the shoe.

lastly the outersole should be made of distinct pieces, and each piece should be neatly in place, with no frays or bits of glue, etc.

if the shoes meets all those criteria, even if it is fake, for Rs. 2200 that would be decent.

p.s. i have a pair of asics i bought two years ago, they cost me the equivelent of more than Rs, 11,000, although you can get lesser asics cheaper.

$%28KGrHqEOKm4E2UiRPiNFBN09T7%29iE%21%7E%7E_12.JPG
it was soft and there was everything present that you mentioned.The sole was the same as shown in the pic above.

it was soft and there was everything present that you mentioned.The sole was the same as shown in the pic above.

if you would class Rs 2200 as disposable income, then get them, use them for a few months and if they fall apart or you feel uncomfortable with them you can throw them away, no worries. most importantly if they feel really nice to wear, even if they are fake they can do the job.

if Rs 2200 is a big deal for you and you are looking for the genuine article, dont take the risk, since at that price, everything considered, they are most pbly fake.

p.s. i have in the past bought rejected b grade adidas tennis trainers, half price (due to cosmetic defect), and i have absolutely hammered them for 3 years and they have only just started to fall apart.

Those shoes pictured are Asics Gel Nimbus 11 running shoes. Just sayin'.

I'm an adidas man myself, been breaking in a new pair of Supernova Sequence 4s in the last couple of weeks.

stability-running-shoes-Adidas-Supernova-Sequence-4-300x300.jpg

Alas, I'm suffering with achilles trouble at the moment and have had to withdraw from the Brighton Marathon. Don't think I'll be running for a while. :(

I'm an adidas man myself, been breaking in a new pair of Supernova Sequence 4s in the last couple of weeks.

stability-running-shoes-Adidas-Supernova-Sequence-4-300x300.jpg

Alas, I'm suffering with achilles trouble at the moment and have had to withdraw from the Brighton Marathon. Don't think I'll be running for a while. :(

i only use adidas for tennis shoes, my old barricade II are the perfect construction for my foot, dont know how i will replace them, as the new ones are nearly £100 and i dont feel like parting with that much money.

417zPbfpmZL._SY395_.jpg

They still sell the IIs in the US, but then all the customs charges you'd be slapped with would prolly be the same as buying some 7s here.

Back