Asif Ali Zardari becomes the president of Pakistan

PlanetPakistan

Senior ODI Player
Runs
By getting 281 votes

Saeed-uz-Zaman Siddiqui(PML N) got 111 while Mushahid Hussain Syed could only muster 34 votes.

Source:Geo

Awesome Anjum said:
In the words of Musharrafs resignation speech "May God help Pakistan".

That prayer of Mush was answered immediately. God sent immediate help when Mush was not president within minutes after that plea.

Last edited:
It was a known fact that Senator Asif Zardari aka Mr. 10% would win this election, no surprise. The future of Pakistan doesn't seem very promising, especially with him in power.

Last edited:
Momo said:
I agree with Nazir Naji in that Zardari is better than all past presidents bar Fazal Ilahi Choudhry and Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto.

Let's hope Zardari shows some vision and maturity, and justifies the hopes invested in him.

Hopes invested by who?? :20:

Momo said:
I agree with Nazir Naji in that Zardari is better than all past presidents bar Fazal Ilahi Choudhry and Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto.

Let's hope Zardari shows some vision and maturity, and justifies the hopes invested in him.

yes, i can see why you are saying that. :)))

_320136_zardari150.jpg

malikvslee said:
god help this country all is in ur hand now

ALLAH DONT HELP THOSE WHO DONT HELP THEMSELVE

WAKE UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
PAKISTANI'S
WAKEEEEEEEEEE UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
INCLUDINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Momo said:
That prayer of Mush was answered immediately. God sent immediate help when Mush was not president within minutes after that plea.

Momo, I hope Mr 10% do something but I doubt it very much. Everyone in Pakistan wants self preservation. Asif is the most corrupt. One thing he will definitely do is to fill his bank accounts.

I can see this government not lasting full 5 years.

Waseem said:
Hopes invested by who?
Come on, his party remains the biggest party with the most votes, and in all provinces of Pakistan. I realize that the votes he has won are not from people but the people who voted for him got elected as a result of popular vote.

There are a lot of people (especially in Sindh, Balochistan etc) who are happy that he has become president. I myself am happy because a political person has won presidency (as opposed to a Taarar, or a Musharraf, or a Zia-ul-Haq).

Rudi hater said:
Momo, I hope Mr 10% do something but I doubt it very much. Everyone in Pakistan wants self preservation. Asif is the most corrupt. One thing he will definitely do is to fill his bank accounts.

I can see this government not lasting full 5 years.

Except the most-corrupt thing, I agree with you and share your concern. Actually I have my doubts as well. But sadly, there is no short-cut. We have no option but to pin our hopes in democratic process, however fragile it may be.

Like i said, the people of Pakistan through the democratic process have sent the message that they are all for corruption and wanted leaders who loot and plunder the country. Good. Now suffer Pakistan. Our people deserve such leaders.

Khabri420 said:
"The election of Zardari, albeit a constitutional and a political fait accompli, is like locking a nation of 165 million in a ship with a madman at helm and chucking the keys into the Arabian Sea."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/blog/2008/sep/06/zardaripakistan

I guess it shoudn't be too difficult impeaching him when everyone has had enough of him..

Like Mush said.... 'May God help Pakistan'...

What on earth is wrong with Pakistanis. The situation of Pakistan is now gonna get from bad to worse. Hopes are in disarray as the evil culprit has taken over.

Savak said:
Like i said, the people of Pakistan through the democratic process have sent the message that they are all for corruption and wanted leaders who loot and plunder the country. Good. Now suffer Pakistan. Our people deserve such leaders.

Rightly said, if people are so irrational then they deserve to suffer! ....burns me to .... :po:

Momo said:
Come on, his party remains the biggest party with the most votes, and in all provinces of Pakistan. I realize that the votes he has won are not from people but the people who voted for him got elected as a result of popular vote.

There are a lot of people (especially in Sindh, Balochistan etc) who are happy that he has become president. I myself am happy because a political person has won presidency (as opposed to a Taarar, or a Musharraf, or a Zia-ul-Haq).

I am yet to meet a Pakistani who is excited about Zardari being our new president.
If we let people of Pakistan(not politicians) choose our next president, i will be shocked if Mr 10% will get more than 10% votes.

I simply hate the fact that a corrupt person like Zardari can become our president but there is still a hope somewhere that he might have changed and is keen not to repeat old mistakes. The only good thing about him is that he is a smart person and i only hope that he can use his brain to make some good decisions for the country.

mamoo gogo said:
Momo,

Do you prefer Zardari with the Mustache or without?

:)))
A difficult pick. Both are pretty appetizing. I think I will stick my neck out and out of the two choices pick Fatima Bhutto. :)

Waseem said:
I am yet to meet a Pakistani who is excited about Zardari being our new president.
If we let people of Pakistan(not politicians) choose our next president, i will be shocked if Mr 10% will get more than 10% votes.
But people did vote for PPP more than any other party in February, in full knowledge that Zardari is in-charge, didn't they?

Waseem said:
I simply hate the fact that a corrupt person like Zardari can become our president but there is still a hope somewhere that he might have changed and is keen not to repeat old mistakes. The only good thing about him is that he is a smart person and i only hope that he can use his brain to make some good decisions for the country.
Exactly my thoughts. See, I am not an enthusiastic supporter of Zardari either (moustache or not). But I know two things:
1. Pulling Pakistan out of this hole is way beyond the capacity of our generals who have never won anything even in a warfield, which happens to be their day job.
2. Zardari is a past master of making deals and in these last five months has taught veteran politicians like NS a thing or two about politics. I am hoping against hope that he uses some of those skills for the betterment of Pakistan. In this way we have quite similar thoughts, Waseem.

Last edited:
W63L35 said:
I am not sure about mustache but I love the innocent smile;

:))
Very cute smile. Quite a bit of bugs bunny in that killer smile. :younis

Ironic that some 43 years ago to the day under military rule every citizen of Pakistan was united in repelling an invasion by Indian forces.

The national priorities were clear and unambiguous in those days, any danger to the country called for unity and unstinted support to the government and the armed forces. There was no question of any political party or leader taking advantage of the war to berate the government for political or personal gain.

taken from: www.defencejournal.com

Today, on another 6th September, remembered now as the Defence of Pakistan Day we let in no less than a scumbag to rob the country of it's remaining bits of economic and moral values.

President Asif Ali Zardari

As they say..
You get what you deserve.
But sitting here in the UK...
all I can say is 'GOD HELP PAKISTAN' !

Only time will tell what he provides the nation of Pakistan. However given his past record I wouldnt build my hopes up too much.

I still fail to comprehend how someone who has robbed the nation previously, has robbed the people of Pakistan and is a proven fraudster now finds himself as President.

Only in Pakistan eh !

Sweet... Hope my uncle Makdoom Amin Fahim of the PPP can now hook me up with that top PCB job i always wanted!

seriously though, i just got a gut feeling this is the begining of the end for Pakistan. Zardari will be protrayed like a Saddam with nukes eventually by the rest of the world, followed by an Iraq style invasion.

God Help Pakistan!

Last edited:
Just saw a clip and The first speech to nation was in English. I don't like it. I understand he is basically talking to other countries and not the people of Pakistan

"Several bloggers worry about Zardari's grasp of economics, citing an article in the New York Times in which, if accurate, should have economic policymakers quaking. According to the paper, Zardari gave this answer when asked how to finance wheat subsidies: "Print the notes."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/blog/2008/sep/06/zardaripakistan

Momo and Waseem, I wouldn't put high hopes on Zardari's mental capacity.

Something which I don't get it is that according to the constitution of Pakistan, Zardari is ineligible to stand as President, and indeed can be impeached by Parliament and the Senate because of his mental condition. How therefore can anybody justify his election as President? Of course, this is aside from the fact that he is possibly one of the most corrupt politicians the world has ever seen. He has eaten Pakistan alive and yet we give him the most important position in the country. Yet another black day in the ever worsening history of Pakistan.

Last edited:
mushi should have stayed.
now we got this mentaly unstable guy who cant do ANYTHING except kill people for money (atleast thats what i think)

Lots of ppl say the US got fed up of Mush and found a better alternative in Zardari. Thats what i make of the frequent Khalilzad and Zardari talks. I am certain the US paid the ANP and JUI-F heavily to support Zardari. They could possibly inject money into the economy to get it kicking again. Never discount the role the Americans play in the domestic policies of a country. No one can rule Pakistan without solid American support and backing. Unfortunate but thats the truth.

Oh well you gotta look at the bright side of a situation like this!

If he fails (which he probably will unfortunately)- That'll be it! Zardari will defo be on his backside etc etc (only worry is....in what state will the country be in?)

If he succeeds- Well he succeeds!

3 years ago..no one would have even given or even contemplated that Zardari will end up as President.

From a prison cell to the Presidential palace.

Despite the initial pangs and chaos, I feel this is a good thing in the long term for Pakistan.
There are some caveats of course: The guy has to be chosen fairly by the people, and the people have to be aware enough (not necessarily educated) of what's going on in the country.

The above would require:
- a strong and almost incorruptible judiciary
- a robust election commission
- independent media.
- seeds sown of a good non-religion based education system.

Hey Guys

Was wondering any info on the new president's stands with India or how the relationship with New Delhi may go with this new leadership ?...

Romali_rotti said:
Hey Guys

Was wondering any info on the new president's stands with India or how the relationship with New Delhi may go with this new leadership ?...

i could careless with relationship with india at this point..we have got bigger mess on our hands right now

Islamabadi said:
i could careless with relationship with india at this point..we have got bigger mess on our hands right now

So I take it you are not happy with the new elected guy....

all over news channels i see people dancing and enjoying the moment that zardari became president. what is this.

and those guys who are dancing are about 25-30 yrz old and above. have they forgotten what happend to our country when this zardari family used to rule our nation a decade back and messed our country up.

when will they guys understand.

why are they so blind.

Mr 100% is now complete. Let's hope he is smart enough not to do anything against Pakistan's interest and I expect he won't but again you never know. All the best to Mr. Zardari.

I never thought I will ever say this in my life time :D

His Excellency Asif Ali Zardari,
President, Islamic Republic Of Pakistan

:D

Mohsin_Pak786 said:
Oh well you gotta look at the bright side of a situation like this!

If he fails (which he probably will unfortunately)- That'll be it! Zardari will defo be on his backside etc etc (only worry is....in what state will the country be in?)

If he succeeds- Well he succeeds!

There is no such thing as "That'll be it!" in Pakistani politics - only death shall prevent comebacks

Salman said:
Sweet... Hope my uncle Makdoom Amin Fahim of the PPP can now hook me up with that top PCB job i always wanted!

seriously though, i just got a gut feeling this is the begining of the end for Pakistan. Zardari will be protrayed like a Saddam with nukes eventually by the rest of the world, followed by an Iraq style invasion.

God Help Pakistan!
The end started the day Ayub Khan became the first military ruler of this nation.

Little Master said:
The end started the day Ayub Khan became the first military ruler of this nation.

No it didn't. Its actually because of Ayub we actually have electricity in Pakistan.

Zechariah said:
No it didn't. Its actually because of Ayub we actually have electricity in Pakistan.
What do you think about the Oxygen supply in Pakistan? Thanks God, we had Moshe otherwise we would have been breathless. IPhone also came out when Moshe was president.

I guess, Zia was the reason we have plenty of Sun in summer in Pakistan.

Last edited:
Government has rejected the public holiday in Sindh on Monday. All schools and government offices will be open. The day off was announced by Sindh minister to celebrate Presidential election win

Well they've made a positive start, rejecting the public holiday and Zardari deciding his first foreign visit will be to China...

Mohsin_Pak786 said:
Well they've made a positive start, rejecting the public holiday and Zardari deciding his first foreign visit will be to China...

I GUESS THAT'S a GOOD SIGN

12thMan said:
Government has rejected the public holiday in Sindh on Monday. All schools and government offices will be open. The day off was announced by Sindh minister to celebrate Presidential election win
Mohsin_Pak786 said:
Islamabadi said:
I GUESS THAT'S a GOOD SIGN
A very good sign indeed. I am telling you guys, this time Inshaallah Zardari means business - pun not intended.

HillRock said:
What do you think about the Oxygen supply in Pakistan? Thanks God, we had Moshe otherwise we would have been breathless. IPhone also came out when Moshe was president.

I guess, Zia was the reason we have plenty of Sun in summer in Pakistan.

I don't support Zia by any means nor with his policies. But Ayub was probably the best for Pakistan in terms of development of dams and his 5 year plans.

Mush did some stupid things before he left neither do I support those either.

Being optimistic I hope the current set up does something useful rather than making the awam majboor of inviting another coup.

Last edited:
12thMan said:

Naatak baaz. Simple: He (Zardari) told the Sindh minister to announce a public holiday on Monday and then rejected it. Definitely means business! :))

Momo said:

I think, he is worse choice for pakistan.
Look at his corruption history...

Corruption

A 1998 New York Times investigative report[2] claimed that Pakistani investigators had documents that uncover a network of bank accounts, all linked to the family's lawyer in Switzerland, with Asif Zardari as the principal shareholder. According to the article, documents released by the French authorities indicated that Zardari offered exclusive rights to Dassault, a French aircraft manufacturer, to replace the air force's fighter jets in exchange for a 5% commission to be paid to a Swiss corporation controlled by Zardari. The article also said a Dubai company received an exclusive license to import gold into Pakistan for which Asif Zardari received payments of more than $10 million into his Dubai-based Citibank accounts. The owner of the company denied that he had made payments to Zardari and claims the documents were forged.

Bhutto maintained that the charges levelled against her and her husband were purely political.[3][4] An Auditor General of Pakistan (AGP) report supports Bhutto's claim. It presents information suggesting that Benazir Bhutto was ousted from power in 1990 as a result of a witch hunt approved by then-president Ghulam Ishaq Khan. The AGP report says Khan illegally paid legal advisers 28 million rupees to file 19 corruption cases against Bhutto and her husband in 1990-92.[5]

The prosecutors had alleged that their Swiss bank accounts contained £740 million.[6] Zardari also bought a neo-Tudor mansion and estate worth over £4 million in Surrey, England, UK.[7][8] The Pakistani investigations have tied other overseas properties to Zardari's family. These include a $2.5 million manor in Normandy owned by Zardari's parents, who had modest assets at the time of his marriage.[2] Bhutto denied holding substantive overseas assets.

Zardari and his wife Benazir denied corruption allegations ever since they were first levelled in 1990.[9] In August 2004, Zardari admitted owning the £6.35m estate in Surrey, England, including a 20-room mansion and two farms on 365 acres, or 1.5 km², of land which the Pakistani authorities had alleged was bought with the proceeds of corruption.[10] He was given the nick name "Mr ten-percent" because that was his cut in every corrupt deal which was happening in Pakistan at the time.[11]

French, Polish, Spanish, and Swiss documents have fuelled the charges of corruption against Bhutto and her husband.[citation needed] They faced a number of legal proceedings, including a charge of laundering money through Swiss banks.[12] Asif Ali Zardari spent several years in prison on corruption charges.[13] After being released on bail in 2004,[14] Zardari suggested that his time in prison involved torture; human rights groups have supported his claim that his rights were violated.[15]

[edit] Switzerland

On 23 July 1998, the Swiss Government handed over documents to the government of Pakistan which relate to corruption allegations against Benazir Bhutto and her husband.[16] The documents included a formal charge of money laundering by Swiss authorities against Zardari. The Pakistani government had been conducting a wide-ranging inquiry to account for more than $13.7 million frozen by Swiss authorities in 1997 that was allegedly stashed in banks by Bhutto and her husband. The Pakistani government recently filed criminal charges against Bhutto in an effort to track down an estimated $1.5 billion she and her husband are alleged to have received in a variety of criminal enterprises.[17] The documents suggest that the money Zardari was alleged to have laundered was accessible to Benazir Bhutto and had been used to buy a diamond necklace for over $175,000.[18] The PPP has responded by flatly denying the charges, suggesting that Swiss authorities have been misled by false evidence provided by the Government of Pakistan.

On 6 August 2003, Swiss magistrates found Bhutto and her husband guilty of money laundering.[19] They were given six-month suspended jail terms, fined $50,000 each and were ordered to pay $11 million to the Pakistani government. The six-year trial concluded that Bhutto and Zardari deposited in Swiss accounts $10 million given to them by a Swiss company in exchange for a contract in Pakistan. The couple said they would appeal. The Pakistani investigators say Zardari opened a Citibank account in Geneva in 1995 through which they say he passed some $40 million of the $100 million he received in payoffs from foreign companies doing business in Pakistan.[20] In October 2007, Daniel Zappelli, chief prosecutor of the canton of Geneva, said he received the conclusions of a money laundering investigation against former Pakistani Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto on 29 October, but it was unclear whether there would be any further legal action against her in Switzerland.[21]

The money was allegedly stashed in Swiss banks.[22] The public proceedings were required to be dropped against Bhutto due to her death; but the proceedings were still continued against Zardari until end of August 2008.[23] In the end of August, however, all of the cases against him in Swiss courts were closed, leaving him with all 60 million dollars (41 million Euros) restored, which were frozen due to alleged money-laundering case against him.[24]

[edit] Zardari's challenge to his critics

On the news of Chairman Zardari's receipt of $60 million, he quickly denied the allegation. He even declared that he would give half of all the money ($30 million) to any person who proved him the recipient.

[edit] Poland

The Polish Government has given Pakistan 500 pages of documentation relating to corruption allegations against Benazir Bhutto and her husband. These charges are in regard to the purchase of 8,000 tractors in a 1997 deal.[25][26] According to Pakistani officials, the Polish papers contain details of illegal commissions paid by the tractor company in return for agreeing to their contract.[27] It was alleged that the arrangement "skimmed" 103 million rupees ($2 million) in kickbacks.[28] "The documentary evidence received from Poland confirms the scheme of kickbacks laid out by Asif Zardari and Benazir Bhutto in the name of (the) launching of Awami tractor scheme", APP said. Bhutto and Asif Ali Zardari allegedly received a 7.15% commission on the purchase through their front men, Jens Schlegelmilch and Didier Plantin of Dargal SA, who received about $1.969 million for supplying 5,900 Ursus tractors.[29]

[edit] France

Potentially the most lucrative deal alleged in the documents involved the effort by Dassault Aviation, a French military contractor. French authorities indicated in 1998 that Bhutto's husband, Zardari, offered exclusive rights to Dassault to replace the air force's fighter jets in exchange for a five percent commission to be paid to a corporation in Switzerland controlled by Zardari.[30]

At the time, French corruption laws forbade bribery of French officials but permitted payoffs to foreign officials, and even made the payoffs tax-deductible in France. However, France changed this law in 2000.[31]

[edit] Helicopter scandal

In 1998-1999, an enquiry was conducted by the Public Accounts Committee (PAC) of Parliament to investigate the matter regarding the purchase of the helicopters. The case involves defrauding substantive sum of $2.168 million and $1.1 million public money. The record shows that the case was not pursued properly nor diligently. FIR No 1 of 1998 was registered with Federal Investigation Agency, State Bank Circle Rawalpindi on the complaint of the Cabinet Division. A thorough investigation was conducted by the committee headed by Chaudhry Muhammad Barjees Tahir and two other members, namely Faridullah Jamali and Jamshaid Ali Shah. During this investigation the committee Chair Barjees Tahir summoned both the former President Farooq Leghari and former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto along with others, and they were investigated. The case received extensive media coverage both inside and outside Pakistan. The recommendations of the committee, obtained from the file, are as under:

6.1: FIR may be lodged against (1) Malik Allah Yar Khan of Kalabagh (2) Zia Pervez Hussain (3) Dr M.A. Khan and criminal proceedings be instituted against them defrauding the government.

6.2: The amount of $2.168 million be recovered from Malik Allah Yar Khan, Zia Pervez Hussain and Dr M.A. Khan by attaching their properties etc in Pakistan or abroad for this purpose. FIA may be directed to take steps to recover this money through Interpol, if necessary. Any banker or foreign national involved in this fraud may also be taken to task by the Federal Investigation Agency.

6.3: As Benazir Bhutto, she is clearly responsible for this loss to exchequer as major decisions in respect of this contract were taken with her approval or direction and passed on to the Cabinet Division through former PS PM (Ahmad Sadiq). FIR may be registered against her for causing loss to state by misuse of her authority as PM, and criminal proceedings be initiated.

6.4: Farooq Leghari knows that his name has visibly come up in this case. He has tried to plead innocent. It is unimaginable that those operating in this scandal could have easy access to the top bureaucrats like Cabinet Secretary, Principal Secretary to the Prime Minister and even to the Prime Minister herself without the backing and active support of the President. FIR against him must also be registered and criminal proceedings initiated.

6.5: As for the senior civil servants involved in the case, Ahmad Sadiq former PS PM, Humayun Faiz Rasul and Sahibzada Imtiaz former Cabinet Secretary, no action can be taken against them at this stage as they already stand retired/superannuated.

The case was further referred to the National Accountability Bureau in 2000-02 but no action was taken.

[edit] Western Asia

In the largest single payment investigators have uncovered, a gold bullion dealer in Western Asia was alleged to have deposited at least $10 million into one of Zardari's accounts after the Bhutto government gave him a monopoly on gold imports that sustained Pakistan's jewellery industry. The money was allegedly deposited into Zardari's Citibank account in Dubai. Pakistan's Arabian Sea coast, stretching from Karachi to the border with Iran, has long been a gold smugglers' haven. Until the beginning of Bhutto's second term, the trade, running into hundreds of millions of dollars a year, was unregulated, with slivers of gold called biscuits, and larger weights in bullion, carried on planes and boats that travel between the Persian Gulf and the largely unguarded Pakistani coast.

Shortly after Bhutto returned as Prime Minister in 1993, a Pakistani bullion trader in Dubai, Abdul Razzak Yaqoob, proposed a deal: in return for the exclusive right to import gold, Razzak would help the government regularise the trade. In November 1994, Pakistan's Commerce Ministry wrote to Razzak informing him that he had been granted a licence that made him, for at least the next two years, Pakistan's sole authorised gold importer. In an interview in his office in Dubai, Razzak acknowledged that he had used the licence to import more than $500 million in gold into Pakistan, and that he had travelled to Islamabad several times to meet with Bhutto and Zardari. But he denied that there had been any corruption or secret deals. "I have not paid a single cent to Zardari," he said. Razzak claims that someone in Pakistan who wished to destroy his reputation had contrived to have his company wrongly identified as the depositor. "Somebody in the bank has cooperated with my enemies to make false documents," he said

Fatima Bhutto, Benazir Bhutto's niece, and others have publicly accused Bhutto of complicity in the killing of her brother Murtaza Bhutto in 1996 by uniformed police officers while she was Prime Minister.[36]

source: wikipedia

mamoo gogo said:
Momo saab...kuch shayari ho jaaye Zardari ke (Mooncho ke) naam...
Meherbaan mamoo gogo ki purzor farmaish par arz kiya hai (with apologies to Sukumar Ray for blatant and shameless plagiarizing):

Asif Ali Zardari was a very peaceful man--
And then he turned mental--who knew how it began?
He sat drowsing in his chair, smiling a happy smile
When suddenly, it seemed, something drove him wild.

He leapt up and flung his arms about, his eyes red as brick,
He shouted out, “I’m lost, I’m lost, do save me quick!”
Some ran for a doctor, some yelled “Police!” with all their might,
Some advised restraint: “Careful, he could bite!”

Everyone was rushing frantic, leaving letters untyped--
Then Zardari cried, “Oh help, my mustache has been swiped.”
Lost his mustache? Incredible! How could it be?
But his handlebars were just the same, plain for all to see.

They tried to explain things, held a mirror to his face:
His whiskers weren’t stolen, that couldn’t be the case.
But angry as fire, an eggplant in hot oil, he sputtered and shook:
“I don’t believe a single man, I know each of you crooks.

Dirty and ragged, an over-used broom--an obvious pretender!--
This kind of mustache was kept by Pir Pagara’s milk vendor.
I’ll shoot the whole lot! if you say this mustache is mine.”
And right away he proclaimed for all a rather hefty fine.

Getting hotter by the minute, he wrote and underlined in red:
“Give anyone an inch of rope, they’ll climb up on your head.
These monkeys at the office, with brains of dung and hay--
Where my perfect mustache went, not one of them can say.

I should grab their whiskers and dance them up and down
Or shave their sorry heads with a spade upon their crown.
They claim the mustache is mine--as though it’s something you can own!
The mustache owns the man, my friend--that’s how we all are known.”
:ijaz

Khabri420 said:
Aadmi ki moonch us ki aabroo hoti hai :D

Aadmi ki moonch us ki aabroo hoti hai kya?
Monch kay hisaab say he arrzoo hoti hai kya?

Zardari ki shakal per manhoosiat kay saath saath
Oos watan ki shan bhi ab sarnagoo hoti hai, kya?

Vote lootay, Banazir kay qatal ko yun kiya hai cash
Pooray mulk ka khoon choosain, justajoo hoti hai kya?

10% say chala to 110% per ja kar ruka
Mustaqbil ki yoo hamain bus ik jhlak hoti hai kiya?

Tang per bomb bandh ker yoon ker diya sub ko aseer
Uski ustadi ko mantay, tauhin i nafs hoti hai kiya?

Chor uchakoo kay watan kay chor uchakkay hukmuran
Ser say lai ker pao tak ik qaum 'corrupt' hoti hai kiya?

Joseph K. said:
Aadmi ki moonch us ki aabroo hoti hai kya?
Monch kay hisaab say he arrzoo hoti hai kya?

Zardari ki shakal per manhoosiat kay saath saath
Oos watan ki shan bhi ab sarnagoo hoti hai, kya?

Vote lootay, Banazir kay qatal ko yun kiya hai cash
Pooray mulk ka khoon choosain, justajoo hoti hai kya?

10% say chala to 110% per ja kar ruka
Mustaqbil ki yoo hamain bus ik jhlak hoti hai kiya?

Tang per bomb bandh ker yoon ker diya sub ko aseer
Uski ustadi ko mantay, tauhin i nafs hoti hai kiya?

Chor uchakoo kay watan kay chor uchakkay hukmuran
Ser say lai ker pao tak ik qaum 'corrupt' hoti hai kiya?

Wah wah, kya kehne hai! Dil khush kar diya Joseph uncle

KARACHI: He is yet to take the presidential oath but Asif Ali Zardari showed he means business on Sunday when he stopped millions of Pakistanis from having a day off in his honour.

Zardari won a two-third majority in a secret ballot among lawmakers on Saturday.But the 53-year-old's popularity in his home province of Sindh may have taken a dent after he cancelled a celebratory public holiday planned there for Monday.

"The government withdrew the notification about declaring Monday as a holiday after Asif Ali Zardari said it was not the time to go on holiday but to work hard and solve the people's problems," Provincial Minister Waqar Mehdi told AFP.

"He directed us that there is enough work to do and a lot of problems to solve, which needs little leisure and more work. That's why the government withdrew the holiday notice," he added.

The holiday was for millions of state employees and schools and colleges, a provincial government statement said earlier. - AFP News Desk adds: The president-elect talked to the Sindh chief minister on phone and said that his election should be celebrated with more work and studies by the students.

He said both long- and short-term business projects were under completion and these needed to be completed in the shortest possible time by sheer hard work. All this could be made possible by working and studying day in and day out, he added.

Zardari said he would call for a report as to why the holiday in Sindh was announced. The PPP co-chairperson said the country needed education and hard work to bring it at par with the developed countries. "Only then should we celebrate our victory," he remarked. Zardari said not a single step should be taken in the name of celebrations to cause losses of billions of rupees to the country.

Zeenix said:
KARACHI: He is yet to take the presidential oath but Asif Ali Zardari showed he means business on Sunday when he stopped millions of Pakistanis from having a day off in his honour.

Zardari won a two-third majority in a secret ballot among lawmakers on Saturday.But the 53-year-old's popularity in his home province of Sindh may have taken a dent after he cancelled a celebratory public holiday planned there for Monday.

"The government withdrew the notification about declaring Monday as a holiday after Asif Ali Zardari said it was not the time to go on holiday but to work hard and solve the people's problems," Provincial Minister Waqar Mehdi told AFP.

"He directed us that there is enough work to do and a lot of problems to solve, which needs little leisure and more work. That's why the government withdrew the holiday notice," he added.

The holiday was for millions of state employees and schools and colleges, a provincial government statement said earlier. - AFP News Desk adds: The president-elect talked to the Sindh chief minister on phone and said that his election should be celebrated with more work and studies by the students.

He said both long- and short-term business projects were under completion and these needed to be completed in the shortest possible time by sheer hard work. All this could be made possible by working and studying day in and day out, he added.

Zardari said he would call for a report as to why the holiday in Sindh was announced. The PPP co-chairperson said the country needed education and hard work to bring it at par with the developed countries. "Only then should we celebrate our victory," he remarked. Zardari said not a single step should be taken in the name of celebrations to cause losses of billions of rupees to the country.

Yeah Yeah havent i heard it all before. He wants people to work hard so that they generate more money for him to loot and plunder. Sick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Savak said:
Yeah Yeah havent i heard it all before. He wants people to work hard so that they generate more money for him to loot and plunder. Sick.

Yeah Yeah and He discussed his plans with you...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure this is going to conclude with him ending up in jail again.

What a laugh!

Zardari has much more to gain from being good this time then being his usual corrupt self.

The guy has enough money, and probably will make more here and their during his term. However, for a person who loves attention, he might like to go down in history as the person who brought Pakistan out of its worst period in history to be remembered as a Hero

Here are a couple of quotes I've read that have made me smirk:

'' The election of Zardari, albeit constitutional and a political fait accompli, is like locking a nation of 165 million in a ship with a madman at helm and chucking the keys into the Arabian Sea.''

''Also, nothing says "democratic governance" quite like an all-powerful President with a handpicked puppet Prime Minister, a pliant judiciary, and a subservient and family-based political party in control of the country.''

''Two recent decisions by Mr. Zardari showed a disregard for Pakistan’s alarming deficits, they said, speaking anonymously because they did not want to publicly criticize the next president.

In April, Mr. Zardari told Ishaq Dar, the finance minister at the time and a member of Mr. Sharif’s party, which has since broken with Mr. Zardari, that he wanted the price the government paid farmers for wheat to be raised substantially as a way of rewarding an important constituency in Punjab Province, the nation’s most populous, according to two participants in the discussion with Mr. Zardari. The government would then have to heavily subsidize the cost of wheat to the consumer.

When Mr. Dar asked Mr. Zardari how he thought the government would pay for the subsidy, Mr. Zardari replied, “Print the notes,” according to the two participants, a government official and an associate of Mr. Zardari’s. In an effort to solve the impasse over the subsidy, it was suggested that Mr. Zardari form a committee of experts.

“ ‘I am the expert,’ ” Mr. Zardari said, according to his associate. ''

Credit to: http://fiverupees.blogspot.com/

Vegitto1 said:
Zardari has much more to gain from being good this time then being his usual corrupt self.

The guy has enough money, and probably will make more here and their during his term. However, for a person who loves attention, he might like to go down in history as the person who brought Pakistan out of its worst period in history to be remembered as a Hero

he already done that with slogan "Pakistan Khapay" :))) :))) :91: :91:

Back