Australia (201/7) defeat England (165/6) comfortably by 36 runs to go top of Group B in ICC World Cup 2024

Hahaha, Finally, Aussie in control baby.

England you're in trouble

You need atleast two spin bashers in the middle order. India has mostly pace bashers. Shreyas Iyer and Dube are spin bashers.

Probably a good wicket for England to lose with Bairstow struggling so much

Brook is hitting the air. I am looking at career of Brook. It seems like He has bashed only pakistan? Then just one test series against NZ. Otherwise average.

I think they already had planned their squad. They aren't like Pakistan who plan things spontaneously and shake things up.

They of course must have a path for McGurk and he probably knows that as well.

They work within the system and they let the system do the job for them.
Ik, their grooming him to be an opener, they have no intention of making him no 3. And Warner and Travis can't be replaces atm.

Still I'd like to have him in the squad atleast. He doesn't need to start ahead of Warner or Travis. Just have him their incase.

Look at the change ups. Look at the field set. Clinical. Cummins has expanded his skill sets in the last year or so.

Basically this pitch was simple.

PP is easy but after that each over gets more and more difficult to play.

Australia had a better PP and played overs 7-20 better.

Main difference is the middle order. England and Australian openers are class even though English openers take a bit more time.

But bairstow has been out of it since 2023 and sorry to say this but Brook, Mooen Ali, and bairstow are medicore. Their good for a few cameos but not for long innings. Their not on the tier of stones.

Don't think England will even get to 160 at this rate.

On this bat first pitch Scotland were 90/0 after 10 overs. England lucky to have gotten away with a point. I don't think a full 40 overs match would have been easy for England.

Basically this pitch was simple.

PP is easy but after that each over gets more and more difficult to play.

Australia had a better PP and played overs 7-20 better.

Main difference is the middle order. England and Australian openers are class even though English openers take a bit more time.

But bairstow has been out of it since 2023 and sorry to say this but Brook, Mooen Ali, and bairstow are medicore. Their good for a few cameos but not for long innings. Their not on the tier of stones.

Australian bowling is far more intelligent. England bowling is extremely stupid. I am being generous here. Brainless full pace, full deliveries on both sides with bad field sets.

England have not looked like themselves in this tournament. Today, their bowlers really lacked discipline in the powerplay and as a result they were on the backfoot from the outset. You can't go all out pace on these wickets. It;s not Australia or South Africa. Pace off the ball on the right length can be far more effective at building pressure and creating chances. Fact is, if you concede 200+ against Australia, chances are you will not chase that total down because Australia have the best pace attack in the tournament.

They might be able to scrape through the first round if the weather doesn't f them. But they will get killed in the next round if their bowlers are not more disciplined on these pitches.

All said and done England bowling is full of pie chuckers. They can't outbat teams here against decent bowling side.

3 of the bowlers aren't too bad... Wood, Rashid and Archer are good bowlers.

But if even one of them has a bad day and then you have jacks, Livingston, Moeen and Chris Jordan ( I don't rate him at all) to come then they can easily get batted out of the game.

But if even one of them has a bad day and then you have jacks, Livingston, Moeen and Chris Jordan ( I don't rate him at all) to come then they can easily get batted out of the game.

Wood is a pie chucker. He quiet often bowls brainlessly. He doesn't bowl according to the pitch.

Australian bowling is far more intelligent. England bowling is extremely stupid. I am being generous here. Brainless full pace, full deliveries on both sides with bad field sets.
Meanwhile Australian bowlers bowling to their fields perfectly.

Wood is bad for these conditions. You need to swing it upfront ,change ups , go fuller and force batters to hit into the wind etc. Wood is not the best option for such conditions.

Stark is a weak link just saying

Wood is a pie chucker. He quiet often bowls brainlessly. He doesn't bowl according to the pitch.
Wood is bad for these conditions. You need to swing it upfront ,change ups , go fuller and force batters to hit into the wind etc. Wood is not the best option for such conditions.

Today he bowled short but made an Ok comeback after being taken to the cleaners by Warner. I think he will adjust to the conditions in the coming games.

Cummins, best captain across all formats...what an accolade to have

Back