Random Aussie

Senior Test Player
Runs
What no interest? :D

Bangladesh all out 117 from 36 overs.

Bracken, Clark, White 2 wickets
MJ 3 wickets, best of the bowlers

Can we chase the target in 10 overs? :batman:

I saw the whole match. It was boring. Pathetic performance from Bangladesh batmen. It was only Shakib and Junaid who have shown the impressive, and had they not gone overboard, could have put Bangladesh in good position. Those two only were settled on. Dhiman has done well against new spinner. Magnificent shot, that took out of boundary ! Six

Aus 0/27 after 6 overs.

The atmosphere is electric.

Is that BCCI jet still here in Aus? Can we send Bangladesh home on it?

Pathetic effort from them

Random Aussie said:
Aus 0/27 after 6 overs.

The atmosphere is electric.

Is that BCCI jet still here in Aus? Can we send Bangladesh home on it?

Pathetic effort from them
:)))

Give them a break, they aren't use to the bounce

Random Aussie said:
And lunch is taken, which Bangladesh don't deserve.

You dumb ignorant "racist" Aussie. Its a month of Ramadan (i.e. fasting). So bangladeshi's would just go into the dressing room for formalities during the lunch break.

I am backing Bangladeshi's to win this one :p

RA, you owe Modi a big thank you for unearthing a talent named Shaun Marsh. You FOOOOL :D

india_fan said:
You dumb ignorant "racist" Aussie. Its a month of Ramadan (i.e. fasting). So bangladeshi's would just go into the dressing room for formalities during the lunch break.

I am backing Bangladeshi's to win this one :p
I think at least 2 of the 11 arent Muslim, so they did have a real lunch break maybe.

Alok Kapali & Dhiman Gosh

Seem to be Hindu names, isnt it?

Absolute, complete, total, and utter garbage from Bangladesh. Embarrassing in every respect. Their players have obviously been watching too much IPL. They are playing as individuals, quite obviously trying to make names for themselves.

A joke.

I have been a big supporter of Bangladesh's Test status over the years. I've experienced the fervour and enthusiasm that exists for cricket there, but I doubt this lot would beat Scotland, Ireland, Kenya, or even the likes of Namibia, Netherlands, Canada or Bermuda in a 4/5 day match.

Pitiful.

lollol said:
I think at least 2 of the 11 arent Muslim, so they did have a real lunch break maybe.

Alok Kapali & Dhiman Gosh

Seem to be Hindu names, isnt it?

Yeah you are right about those 2. But I still stand firm about RA being an ignorant "racist" Aussie :p

india_fan said:
RA, you owe Modi a big thank you for unearthing a talent named Shaun Marsh. You FOOOOL :D

We owe Darth Modi nothing.

Marsh was already in our ODI squad before IPL.

A pretty decent performance by Bangladesh. I'm impressed.

Random Aussie said:
We owe Darth Modi nothing.

Marsh was already in our ODI squad before IPL.

Wow. Disgraceful stuff really. BCCI does so many good deeds but you guys tend to put a blindfold whenever they have done that :p

india_fan said:
Wow. Disgraceful stuff really. BCCI does so many good deeds but you guys tend to put a blindfold whenever they have done that :p

My favourite BCCI good deed is paying our cricketers millions of Indian dollars to come play in your IPL and show up the Indian hacks :D

Thanks for getting Shane Watson back into match fitness though - that was also nice.

....enough praising for BCCI and Modi. Back to topic. Australia win the series and this is will go as a huge upset in the history of cricket. Australia were the underdogs of this series but they managed to win back-to-back games against BD and by doing that, they have won a very hard fought series. Lets see if Australia can create yet another history by whitewashing these bangladeshi's.

india_fan said:
....enough praising for BCCI and Modi. Back to topic. Australia win the series and this is will go as a huge upset in the history of cricket. Australia were the underdogs of this series but they managed to win back-to-back games against BD and by doing that, they have won a very hard fought series. Lets see if Australia can create yet another history by whitewashing these bangladeshi's.

Racist :po: :D

Another shoddy performance. Bangla just isn't showing any signs of improving.

The problem is their batting and just don't want to apply themselves. Any traps you set for them and they fall right into them as was the case with Ashraful today. As Siddons said the other day, much is about their shot selection than any technical weaknesses.

Bangladesh, please go home, you are a disgrace to other teams with 'international status' you are wasting our players time and the viewers time. It's like watching sunday amateur hour in the park with handicapped children. Please go away.

Only thing which I found interesting about the match was this thread with full of banter:|.

I humbly request to everyone, Please be patient. I know it has been seven+ years already, and we played much better in 2003 in Australia, however, this is a very young squad which has lost all its confidence. The oldest is Abdur Razzak at 26. The tour wasn't meant to be easy. Our infrastructures are getting in shape which was suppose to be done before the test status was awarded. Better late than never. With the grace of Almighty, we will produce a better outfit in 2011.

Not sour grapes but just when Shakib was set, an lbw was given with the double noise (please review the replay if any doubt). That was one of the key for receiving the humiliation. The partnership that was about to begin nipped in the bud. I know 181, or 118 doesn't matter to the Aussies, at least the negativity would be stopped.

Everyone has to start somewhere I guess.

cars112 said:
Sure, but every time they look like improving, they soon slip back.
The improvement that you saw was year and a half back. 6 of that starting lineup (vs India and SA) are not present in the team that is visiting Australia. 2 head coaches had changed. Since the infrastructure is weak, inexperienced players coming in can't take the pressure. So a dip in perfomance is acceptable. Now this miserable, may be not.

By the way, 74 is the lowest score we have ever produced in our short history. I am certain all test cricketing nations once or another had posted a lesser total. Our previous lowest total was 83.

Things are getting sorted out. Will take time.

One thing for sure. Ashraful does not deserve to be captain. He doesnt even deserve to be in the team. He plays one good breath taking knock once every two years. I dont think such an inconsistent player should be leading a team.

Savak said:
One thing for sure. Ashraful does not deserve to be captain. He doesnt even deserve to be in the team. He plays one good breath taking knock once every two years. I dont think such an inconsistent player should be leading a team.
I concur. But who can be the captain? Murtaza the Vice-Captain? He trusts in spooky stuff. Not captain material. The rest is just too young and even less productive. Bringing in Habibul Bashar as a captain would be playing with 9 men. His fielding negates two person and batting equals zero. If only we could get Siddons get in the field...

Seriously poor stuff from Bangladesh again. I think the ICC needs to start looking at them as a full statused team as they dont seem to be improving at all!

BD-fan said:
By the way, 74 is the lowest score we have ever produced in our short history. I am certain all test cricketing nations once or another had posted a lesser total. Our previous lowest total was 83.

This is a meaningless stat when your team wins about one ODI a year. Entirely meaningless.

Savak said:

Agree 100%! Ashraful (like you said) plays only one good innings every 20/30 matches! When you have a player who doesn't even warrant a place in side, how can he be your captain?!
Ashraful for me is the Afridi of Bangladesh. Very capable of playing a great breathtaking innings which can (and in most cases will) taken the game away from the opposition BUT this innings only comes around every leap year!

BCB should make Mortaza captain!

Ashrawful definitely should not be captain. The most talented batsman/bowler in the team does not necessarily make the best captain.

But like someone else said, who are the alternatives?

OZGOD said:
Ashrawful definitely should not be captain. The most talented batsman/bowler in the team does not necessarily make the best captain.

But like someone else said, who are the alternatives?
I always liked Shakib ul Hassan in ODIs. Seems like a thinking cricket who can take BAN cricket forward.

Back