Australia v Zimbabwe | T20 WC | Group A | Capetown | [12/9/09]

Status
Not open for further replies.
btw...ramadan is starting from tomorrow in NYC...finish eating at 4:17 and start eating at 7:15
err..gonna be difficult this time around =[

Taylor is Zim's last hope, I think he is waiting to get close to the target and around 15th over he will try to have a go at it, maybe he can pull a miracle.

Tactical blunders by Zims at the end really. No need to lose rapid wickets when you're ahead of the rate and it's drizzling!

Oxy said:
Aussies may squeeze through on the D/L - Zimbos perilously close to winning this

I do feel for Zim if they lose via D/L though. They had us under the pump for most of the match. They just lost wickets at the wrong time (then again, so did we).

Anyway, I've got my grass skirt on and my pompoms and am doing a rain dance under my desk here in Boston. :p

Mercenary said:
It's raining and it's cold, they wont have the same effect dancing with parkas on

Maybe they just don't want to propagate the "wet look" - more chance of wardrobe malfunctions that way...

For those watching on TV: What are the chances of getting more play in?

poor batting by taibu causing this match for Zimbabwe...

Zimbabwe can still win, will all depend on Taylor and especially Chigumbura. If he can pull off one of his special innings then Zimbabwe will definately will. Others can bat around him, but he will provide the firepower.

Maybe the wounds are fresher than I thought, but this feels SO much like the Ireland loss. Even down to the rain delay.

It may be difficult for Zim as the outfield will also be quite slow because of the rain.
They will have to take the airial route if they want to win.

Oz will be banging it in and with a heavy, wet ball it'll be hard to score. OZ will take this now.

LightSpeedGT said:
Oz will be banging it in and with a heavy, wet ball it'll be hard to score. OZ will take this now.

Duckworth Lewis could also come into play and make it a bit easier for Zim.

where are the Pakistan bashing wrist slitters right now?

14.2 Hodge to Taylor, SIX!!, Hodge gives it a bit of air on the off, Taylor comes down the track, gets to the pitch of the ball and smashes it over long off, that goes all the way for six!!!

get one more...

14.6 Hodge to Taylor, SIX!!, Hodge gives it a bit of air on the middle and leg, Taylor comes down the track, takes it on the full and hoicks it over long on, that is high and handsome, huge six from Taylor!!!

Last 4 overs will be from bracken and Lee.
If Zim can score the 30 odd runs in 4 overs against these 2 top bowlers then bravo to them

For those watching how is Punter managing the team?

Aussis on the verge of losing their first match in the 20/20 WC?

And now Saqib mian has gotten himself a sopcast stream. I actually get to witness this!!!!

2 runs taken, 19 required off 15...

Zim have got to do it from here...

iafzal said:
For those watching how is Punter managing the team?

Aussis on the verge of losing their first match in the 20/20 WC?
aussies really trying to throw themselves around now.

Zim slowing down to make sure not to lose any wkt.

They will have to hit a boundary soon so not to be in situation where they have to score 10+ runs in the last over.

great bowling by the pacers here. This is where the training comes in.

given LBW!!!!!

had to do it. Couldn't get boundaries with all those yorkers, needing to try the sweep.

lee is bowling yorkers after yorkers, these guys can't do anything but take singles. Great bowling by Lee.

why was this idiot reverse sweeping lee?

chingumbura who massacred the aussies top order has a chance to be a hero with the bat as well.

2 sixes will seal the deal. Bracken needs to bowl tight like Lee did. Bowl yorkers.

Lee and Bracken have really put the breaks plus Zim has made more difficult for them by not trying to pick the odd bondary in the last 4 overs.

Aussies have an edge now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back