Australia vs South Africa | 2nd Test | Adelaide | 23/11/12 | Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotham Cronie

Test Debutant
Runs
Australia sitting pretty at 482/5.

What mindset will South Africa come out to bowl with today?

This mauling of Saffer bowling is reminding me of the torture Indian bowlers received very recently.

Aussies on their home turf are unbelievable. :viv

Clarke destoryed Indian bowling. Now he is doing the same to SAF bowling.

6 wickets for the Saffers, this is thier best bowling performance of the series so far.

Morne really deserved that wicket. A similar delivery almost had Clarke bowled yesterday early on. Somehow it went in between leg stump and pad.

Saffers aren't out of this ... they still have to bat really well but if they can dismiss them below 550 and bat it out till day 4 they'll be in a great position

This has been quality bowling, but it is too late now for them to win the match

Should've had a punt on SA this morning :(

Morkel has bowled well this series for little reward. Good on him.

Momentum now shifting back to the Saffers.

Tahir is 0/159. His rubbish bowling has now taken his test average to over 40 with the ball.

Kleinveldt is so fat.

I'm surprised a team like SA allows a Test player to be that unfit

SA need to bat till 4th day on this pitch if they want to win this.

Aus. has upper hand here, if they rip through SA batting.

This not achieving anything, we arent scoring and the Saffers are getting confidence. Slog or get out boys.

Australia really goofing this up. If SA end up 300 for not many at the end of the day the game is even stevens again

Much better performance so far from the bowlers. Too bad it took this long for them to wake up, the batsmen well need to play out of their skins given the Aussies scoring rate.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

Short square boundaries and De Villiers likely to bat at 4 given Kallis' injury ... they're not gonna score slowly here, especially with Amla there as well.

Much better performance so far from the bowlers. Too bad it took this long for them to wake up, the batsmen well need to play out of their skins given the Aussies scoring rate.

Aus. Scoring rate will help SA if they bat sensibly. They don't need to take risk and play aggressively to have result in their favor. They just have to bat for long ... long time till they tire Aus. bowlers and fielders.

Oh dear, here comes Tahir to let them off the hook again.

Tahir :))) :))) Even Pattinson is hitting him out of the park..

So much hype for Tahir ... so many countries he traveled to get here. Poor Guy! He needs a turner, not getting any impact on even a slightly flat surface.

If Tahir went for 100 runs less then their total would have been a more reasonable 450. Send him back to Pakistan, you guys can have him back.

If Tahir went for 100 runs less then their total would have been a more reasonable 450. Send him back to Pakistan, you guys can have him back.

No thanks, you guys owe us one. :yk

I'm not too unhappy. I'd take 550 and the chance to have a go at them on Day 2.

Question. Do you guys think that the pitch will be even flatter today and South Africa will rack up a huge score too or will it start to break up?

Smith giving Patto some stick here, 14 off the over. Stay tuned for angry fast bowler!

lyon getting good spin..just shows how crap imran tahir is..south africa are better off without him

This Match is heading for a draw , unless Aussies bowler produce a magical spell here.

Not much in the pitch , but I have a feeling if Lyon keeps on coming at the batsmen , he would get a couple.

Better work after lunch, much tighter.

Saffers are rattling along at nearly 3 an over, wild times for them.

They were showing 1956 Aus team....

Benaud on extreme right!

Attachments

• 77.jpg
    77.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 28
Tea 0/117, pretty average bowling from us. Patto bowled rubbish, Siddle and Lyon ok. Hilfy not making them play enough.

i think this test will produce a result and my hunch is that it will be a repeat of Adelaide test of 2003-04 when Aus lost after scoring 550+ in first innings against India.

Disclaimer: I have put money on SA to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back