Australia vs Sri Lanka | 1st ODI | MCG | 03/11/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawad2010

T20I Debutant
Runs
Australia has won the toss and has elected to bat first.

Ponting missing this match because of personal reasons.

LOL @ Kulasekara. Not a bowler for Aus conditions methinks.

Sri Lanka are ALL OVER Australia on a very flat deck.

4-88 now in the 19th over, Perera on a hat trick; it's such a flat wicket I don't get how they're playing so badly. Sri Lanka is a very solid ODI unit.

I've said it b4 and i'll say it again, we are ripe for the pickin this ashes.

aus in all sorts of trouble. ponting can just forget abt 5-0. hell be lucky if he wins it. unless aus are playing bad on purpose to give england confident only to shatter it come first game? lol far fetched, i know.

Did anyone noticed what was Malinga trying to do with the ball exactly at 30.5 overs. He was returning back to his bowling mark with his right hand inside his pocket during the whole walk and later took it out and rub in on the ball before starting his run up. I was surprised how come even the commentators say anything about it.........!!!!!!!! Fishy stuff.....

win or lose, Australia are bloody awful at the moment. setting 238 to win at home on a flat pitch is a shocking effort.

(lol)

I did warn everyone that I was going to make the most of this lean spell for the Aussies before they get their act together again. hopefully I'll be waiting until...May next year?

Did anyone noticed what was Malinga trying to do with the ball exactly at 30.5 overs. He was returning back to his bowling mark with his right hand inside his pocket during the whole walk and later took it out and rub in on the ball before starting his run up. I was surprised how come even the commentators say anything about it.........!!!!!!!! Fishy stuff.....

got a video for that mate?:inti

I did warn everyone that I was going to make the most of this lean spell for the Aussies before they get their act together again. hopefully I'll be waiting until...May next year?

haha...u probably be hoping this lean patch to be extended for next 3 months ...:)

Sangakkara showing here how to take singles/doubles

Sangakkara's wicket is what Aussies looking for ....
another :4our

surely this team +Ponting and Hilfenhaus can't be good enough to win 5-0 anyway? surely.

I think with a couple more wickets before 15th over will really put pressure on SL. Sanga has looked very good on the crease so far.

even at this stage it looks like Sri Lanka's to lose. they only need 4.5 an over. the boundaries are long, but the fielding looks to be making up for that.

good...to do better than the last tour should be the first objective before they can even thinking about retaining the Ashes. like I said in a thread a week ago, I actually think we're the better team. but that may not count for anything in these conditions.

Sri Lankas best two batsmen in the middle and if Aussies dont get them out soon it will be game over!

good...to do better than the last tour should be the first objective before they can even thinking about retaining the Ashes. like I said in a thread a week ago, I actually think we're the better team. but that may not count for anything in these conditions.

IMO england needs a bit of consistency in batting .... pace bowling is almost same for both the team in spinning department Englands in much better position.....and don't count Hauritz performance against India v r better players of Spin he still can do a good job against this English lineup ...Peterson's form is key ....

looking forward to Clarke,Bollinger,Morgan & SWANN performances...

if Australia lose the T20 and ODI series in the next week or so I might choke to death from laughing.

if Australia lose the T20 and ODI series in the next week or so I might choke to death from laughing.

haha....:D.....

for u ...[from cricinfo]

Nitin: "I am supporting Aussies against Sri Lanka. Maybe its the underdog syndrome or maybe I am just tired of watching SL play." Whoa! No. 1 side according to ICC. At home. Underdogs!

Sanga and Mahela, actually the entire SL, are tremendously underrated outside the subcontinent. It's a pity they don't play more away.

Sangakarra was the one stand out batsmen for SL last time they toured here and its same again now!

Doherty 1st victim is Jayawardene who actually a very good player of spin.....so good start for Doherty ....

IMO mathews should have come before Silva as Parera is there for late Hitting ...Lanka should try to keep the RR under 5.5 ..its 4.82 right now

IMO mathews should have come before Silva as Parera is there for late Hitting ...Lanka should try to keep the RR under 5.5 ..its 4.82 right now

4-5 an over is a good target...for now wickets in hand are very important too.

poor shot from Silva...all on Sanga now :(

oh no, that was horrendous! Sri Lanka have bottled it. Australia to pick up a rare win?

he looks like a totally average bowler to me though.

mitchy gets another one.....aussies are strong at home

what a collapse! It was going to take a particularly bad batting display to lose, looks like that's what we've got

but confidence booster for him ....two wkts of top players of spin
LBW & bowled

yes definitely. he might be one of those that never looks like a world beater but has success. but there's nothing I sense about him thus far that makes him any better than Hauritz.

only 4 wickets to take for Australia, looks like an upset is on the cards! :p

from cricinfo...

similar to my view.....:D
Aneese Ellary: "Wow! the X-man is having a glorious debut. How long before he becomes only the 3rd x-rated (named) player to make a test debut... Awesome stuff, and to be able to say Jayawardene and Sanga were 2 of my 1st 3 wickets in International cricket!"

yes definitely. he might be one of those that never looks like a world beater but has success. but there's nothing I sense about him thus far that makes him any better than Hauritz.

Yep..

that bowl to Sanga had a bit of turn from outside and the bowl to jaya was a straighter one...

Typical sri lanka. Always depending on two batsmen Sanga and Jayawardena.

The collapse after both had gone isnt a surprise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back