Australia vs Sri Lanka | Match 6 | CB Series | Perth | 15/2/2008

W63L35

Post of the Week winner
Runs
Post of the Week
Australia wins the toss and elects to bat.

Australia team
wicketkeeperAC Gilchrist, ML Hayden, captainRT Ponting, MJ Clarke, MEK Hussey, JR Hopes, A Symonds, GB Hogg, B Lee, MG Johnson, NW Bracken

Sri Lanka team
TM Dilshan, ST Jayasuriya, wicketkeeperKC Sangakkara, captainDPMD Jayawardene, MF Maharoof, LPC Silva, CK Kapugedera, WPUJC Vaas, SL Malinga, KMDN Kulasekara, M Muralitharan

ponting should really move himself down the order ..

both he and gili are in poor form.. and when both of them get out in short order it can spark a collapse like we saw in the last match.

Here's HRG. "Ricky Ponting became the first batsman in the world to aggregate 10000 ODI runs while batting at number three, when he was on four in this innings. Ponting had an aggregate of 9996 runs prior to this game. . The next best is by Jacques Kallis who has 5917 runs." ------- from crapinfo. Congrats to Punter.

He is on a mini rampage here. 21 off 21. Lankans seem to have put him back on track by making the "will target him" comment !!
bigyellowgrinqu5.gif

I just hate that late cut that Ponting played. I use to get out to the same shot during my league cricket days.

OZ 2/124, Gilly 78 Pup 16. Hopefully Gilly can hang on and make a ton in his last appearance at the WACA.

Aussie are well set to get around 325 !!

If Gilly gets stuck, may be even more.

BTW, Murali hasn't been threatening so far in this tourney !!

260 is a more realistic score. No way they'll get near 300. Not with James Hopeless next to bat!

I had been waiting for a 200 from Gilchrist in an one day match for the last 10 years.if ever there was an occasion befitting that, it would be today. hope i dont jinx him.
What an entertainer!

Gilchrist - what a legend eh. I'm really going to miss him when he retires - he was someone special. :(

OZGOD said:
260 is a more realistic score. No way they'll get near 300. Not with James Hopeless next to bat!
well Gilly is still in but Symo's wicket was definitely very important

wow! That was about as easy as they get.

SL catching(dropping) like Pakistan today

Last edited:
quite uncharacteristic of an Australia we know!...reminds me of India though...
Gentlemen..we're witnessing an Aussie decline... t'was bound to happen at some point...REcent performances seem to point to the unthinkable..

Oh Symmo Oh Symmo. seemes you have cheated again lolz.

Symonds takes one of the best catches you will see.

It must really hurt posters like Dhoni183 when they see such brilliant fielding like that from an Australian.

Master Blaster said:
Geez the catch looks controversial !!
20gs4.gif

Not one word from the commontators, oh wait let me guess they are all biased and its a big conspiracy against the sub-con. :))) :)))

Fish said:
Not one word from the commontators, oh wait let me guess they are all biased and its a big conspiracy against the sub-con. :))) :)))

Hmm Mr.Fish seems to be out of water ??
bigyellowgrinqu5.gif

Symmo you cheat !!
tonguewi8.gif

Master Blaster said:
Hmm Mr.Fish seems to be out of water ??
bigyellowgrinqu5.gif

Symmo you cheat !!
tonguewi8.gif

hehehehe of course I'm out of the water while the whingers are drowning in their own tears. :))) :)))

Fish said:
Symonds takes one of the best catches you will see.

It must really hurt posters like Dhoni183 when they see such brilliant fielding like that from an Australian.

Dear friend I always appreciate good and fair cricket but sorry cant appreciate a cheating effort only to please you. Sorry once again.

DHONI183 said:
Dear friend I always appreciate good and fair cricket but sorry cant appreciate a cheating effort only to please you. Sorry once again.

Ha your one to talk, look no further than your own team for cheats. :))) :)))

Fish said:
hehehehe of course I'm out of the water while the whingers are drowning in their own tears. :))) :)))

And the world believes (or better knows) its the Aussies who have been whining for little things in recent times (or better since long)!!

So Aussies are out of water, whining and also drowning in their own tears ??
20gs4.gif

Fish said:
Ha your one to talk, look no further than your own team for cheats. :))) :)))
hmmm, I thought Dhoni183 supported Pak, never knew it was Australia all these days. :)

invincible said:
hmmm, I thought Dhoni183 supported Pak, never knew it was Australia all these days. :)

Close but no cigar, Dhoni183 wishes his team was Australia. :))) :)))

I simply don´t understand what you are upto, Fish. I thought he grassed it, that´s all! You can´t take it, close the window or just close your eyes whenever you see my post in this thread - that´s the best for you.

The catch was certainly controversial. Tony Greig wanted to discuss it but Mark Taylor was too keen to talk about ongoing series, weather, players, teams, women cricket etc ;-) .

Last edited:
Sri Lanka 122/4

Sangakarra needs to stay till end and sri lanka may win this match!

Kapugedara gone!!! That´s more like it, a clean catch :19: !!!

God bless the clean-catcher :14: :14: :14: :19: :19: !!!!!!!!

DHONI183 said:

Are you sure, his knees were touching the grass and the knee bone is conected to the thigh bone and the thigh bone is connected to the backbone and the backbone is connected to the shoulder bone....... :))) :))) :))) :)))

Can Kumar ''Class'' Sangakarra pull this off by himself?

Hang on, is Rudi umpiring?

DHONI183 said:

LMAO calling us cheats coming from a person that supports Pakistan :))

Last edited:
Punter said:
Easy now, lest you desire to be picked up and transported to some island somewhere.

Punter said:

What does it have to do with me being a Pakistan suporter :20: ??????

Anyway :16: ........

Another wicket gone Maharoof for 7 caught be Lee !

6/159

Maharoof gone!!! Another brilliantly taken clean catch :D .

God bless the clean-catcher again :14: :14: :14: :19: :19: !!!!!

Sheikh said:
What doesn't make sense is why you keep posting a link that doesn't work.

:)) :))) :))) :))) :))) :)))

Sangkarra getting no support another batsmen gone for a duck

8/160

What a bowl from Lee

Sri Lanka all out for 173 Aus get the bonus point

Back