Babar Azam "I think we were 10-15 runs short"

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Babar Azam | Pakistan Captain -

We started well and it went according to plan. Agha took back to back wickets and that kept us in the game but Phillips took the game away for us. I think we were 10-15 runs short. The way Rizwan was battting was good but we had quite some soft dismissals in the middle. Spinners bowled well and kept the batters in check and we executed our plans too but Phillips took the game away from us. When your teammates perform, especially the way Zaman and Rizwan did, was really good.

Rizwan drop catch of Phillips, killed the game.

We wasn’t 10-15 runs short. Even a 300 score we would have lost.

Naseem not playing hurt badly. May be Dahani would have been a better option.

Continuous bogus selections, looks like Sarfraz is needed in all formats. In this team he can replace anybody on current form.

Thanks to your legendary innings of 4 from 13 balls where you played 12 dots.

Dumb statement.

280 was enough of that wicket. Glenn Phillips played an extraordinary knock and Babar was poor throughout in his tactics, field placements and on-field leadership and presence.

Strip captaincy from him in white ball and give it to Rizwan or Imad.

Babar will lame excuses again.

Pakistan were poor in batting PP again.
To many Dot balls in entire inns.
Tail starting at 7

Poor use of bowlers when defending runs.
Poor use of reviews.
Attrocious fielding

That's a proper list of why we lost Mr clown captain.

Dumb statement.

280 was enough of that wicket. Glenn Phillips played an extraordinary knock and Babar was poor throughout in his tactics, field placements and on-field leadership and presence.

Strip captaincy from him in white ball and give it to Rizwan or Imad.

The problem is how many times have we seen an opposition batter playing an extraordinary knock whilst chasing to defeat Pakistan?

Quite a few recently, like Kholi etc. This means our bowling attack falls apart when there is pressure or the captain has poor tactics and bad fielding placements.

I think an combination of the the two.

It would've helped if you reviewed that LBW against Devon Conway. Why have we become so reluctant to appeal decisions ? We also saw some nicks in the Tests not being sent upstairs.

As for our batting - we made a poor start but I thought we recovered well. Haris's dismissal was appalling and denied us some late momentum. Nawaz should be batting at 8 in Tests and ODIs not 7.

Overall our ODI side isn't anywhere near as bad as our Test team - but the only way we can beat the top sides is by fielding our best XI. The moment one of the mainstays like Shaheen or Shadab are missing - it exposes our poor bench strength particularly in bowling.

I was supporting him to be given a longer run for captaincy , more than 2 years now still not there yet atleast to satisfactory level. Losing series after series.

Just throw him , he is on the same league as Sachin in terms of captaincy.

Shadab for white ball and Sarfraz for red ball.

Making Rizwan captain is a bad move , he is the one who kept Khusdil and Iftikar , his KPK team buddies. He will continue to cultivate the friendship first culture

I don't think they were short with10-15 runs. The match was in the hands with 6 wickets down. Its only the bowlers and his captaincy that threw it away.

The problem is how many times have we seen an opposition batter playing an extraordinary knock whilst chasing to defeat Pakistan?

Quite a few recently, like Kholi etc. This means our bowling attack falls apart when there is pressure or the captain has poor tactics and bad fielding placements.

I think an combination of the the two.

Give this bowling attack to Imran, Wasim, Waqar, Rashid, Moin, Saleem Malik, Inzimam , Misbah, Sarfaraz and all of them would be defended 280 as captain 99 times out of 100.

Babar has been found out big time I am afraid.

when 1 run needed to win..he kept fielders on boundary .. mahaan captain
Exactly, even the pressure could have been created when 5-6 runs needed and they were 8 wickets down.

Back