"Babar azam is the most stubborn individual who doesn't follow team plan" : Muhammad Waseem (Ex- Selector) cutting loose on Babar

Sycamore

Tape Ball Star
Runs
Following the shock defeats to USA and India, Muhammad Waseem has made some startling revelations, for someone who has kept quiet the last few years this stuff is amazing to hear.

Babar Azam is the most stubborn individual, that he received many reports and had chats with the numerous coaches and support staff, that this individual just doesn't follow the team game plan out in the middle, he ignores everything. He takes no input in terms of playing 11. "I had to overstep my boundaries sometimes as chief selector just to push him into a change".

He had to fight with Babar to bring in new players into the setup. Example was Abrar and Haris. Abrar was forced into the squad by waseem but still Babar was reluctant to play him in XI. Babar went to Chairman PCB that he did not want Abrar after he was selected.

That there were players who complained about the media exposure 2 players in particular were receiving, in terms of social media clips, cake cutting, celebration of runs scored etc, Then waseem and other stake holders in the media team were called to step in.

Younger players would not even be allowed to practice in nets, as seniors took priority and sometimes just took a net for themselves, or batted for hours whilst youngsters would receive little or low quality practice. One coach tried to change this setup (obviously removed) .

Source : Statements made by Waseem and confirmed by ex team Director Umar Farooq on 11th June on Samaa Live TV show.

He’s an insecure little man and he doesn’t deserve the talent he has because he is unlikely to maximise it. Am not surprised by this in the least, a few people around here have been raising their voice about the behind the scenes stuff, it’s really easy to comprehend it when you look at what Babar Azam has done on the pitch as a player/leader in the past couple of years.

It makes so much sense now. Why Abrar has not been playing as much as everyone expected.

Why he never made the ODI WC.

Why he has been benched this T20 WC.
One thing is for sure. The time Abrar has spent with the team on bench. He should've been a world beating spinner in all formats by now. Any competent captain would've made sure.

It makes so much sense now. Why Abrar has not been playing as much as everyone expected.

Playing devil's advocate here. Not a Babar blind supporter or Wasim hater etc before I get labelled one.

However I know Pakistani pundits. It's quite plausible Waseem is also just jumping on the bandwagon and names Abrar just for the sake of it because he knows people will take it as fact.

If all of this stuff is going on like the practices that Waseem mentioned then have the coaches been sleeping?

During Babars tenure we have people like:
Saqlain
Mickey
Grant Bradburn
Hayden
Shaun Tait
Azhar Mahmood
Wahab
Inzi

Etc etc all involved in the team.

Does it seem plausible that they were ALL ignored by Babar? If so what the hell were they getting paid for if they couldn't stand up to him?

This is all due to lack of talent in domestic cricket , if we had 2/3 replacement players for every one in the playing XI then that would have curtailed the player power

To be honest Abrar is not a good bowler but he is definitely a better bowler than Shadab by a long shot and Babar doesn't want Shadab place to be jeopardize by Abrar hence he is not getting selected.

The injustice done to Abrar since the 2023 WC is gut wrenching. In India, Pakistan was struggling to field a spinner who could exploit the helpful conditions and Babar still persisted with his fried Shadab and other bits and pieces despite being exposed many times.

I don’t get how a professional organization like the PCB allows this sort of nepotism.

Shame and not surprising . We know what selfish human Babar is . He does these paid campaigns to show his good image . It was clear how selfish he is when he accepted the second term of captaincy . He is worried if abrar plays shady will be dropped

Babar has also apparently made it clear to the other senior players that he doesn't want their input.

All this nonsense is affecting his batting as well, so he needs to reign himself in. The blunders he keeps on making on the cricket field should be enough for him to realize that he needs all the help that he can get.

The injustice done to Abrar since the 2023 WC is gut wrenching. In India, Pakistan was struggling to field a spinner who could exploit the helpful conditions and Babar still persisted with his fried Shadab and other bits and pieces despite being exposed many times.

I don’t get how a professional organization like the PCB allows this sort of nepotism.
Abrar was injured in India.

Playing Abrar in New York would have been useless, as every top team is having success with pacers.

But he should replace Shadab, should we get to the Super Eights as it would be criminal to keep him on the bench in West Indies.

This Muhammad Waseem guy is one of the biggest hypocrites I have seen.

This is the same guy who used to wear his tight polo shirts on live TV in order to show off his big guns, whilst defending the pathetic combination of Babar and Rizwan all the time, even though the cracks were clearly visible with this game plan. He also gave Shan Masood red carpet treatment into the side and created the most effeminate top 3 in T20 history with Babar, Rizwan and Shan Masood.

During a PSL game, he mocked Amir and Imad on his TikTok when Babar scored a 50 for PZ against KK.

Now this besharam is throwing Babar, who he and his clique have been protecting all this time under the bus. He’s making it seem like “I was always trying to sort this issue out, but they didn’t listen to me”. He’s lying! He was always in support of this nonsense and now is looking for a way out!

In the current situation, do not trust a word from the mouths of following individuals:

Muhammad Waseem
Misbah ul Haq
Ramiz Raja
Tanvir Ahmed
Basit Ali
Waqar Younis

All 2 faced snakes. They have all played their role in creating this mess, they will all look for a way to abscond themselves now. Never forgive, never forget!

This Muhammad Waseem guy is one of the biggest hypocrites I have seen.

This is the same guy who used to wear his tight polo shirts on live TV in order to show off his big guns, whilst defending the pathetic combination of Babar and Rizwan all the time, even though the cracks were clearly visible with this game plan. He also gave Shan Masood red carpet treatment into the side and created the most effeminate top 3 in T20 history with Babar, Rizwan and Shan Masood.

During a PSL game, he mocked Amir and Imad on his TikTok when Babar scored a 50 for PZ against KK.

Now this besharam is throwing Babar, who he and his clique have been protecting all this time under the bus. He’s making it seem like “I was always trying to sort this issue out, but they didn’t listen to me”. He’s lying! He was always in support of this nonsense and now is looking for a way out!
Waseem still believes Babar and Rizwan is the best opening partnership for Pakistan.

He continues to re-iterate Amir and Imad should not be part of this squad, owing to their commitment and fitness issues.

He has always been critical of Babar's captaincy, so have 95% of the Pakistan fans. I don't think there is any defending of the fact that Babar is extremely dumb tactically and he has no insight whatsoever. Amazing batsman, but a very poor captain.

Also,

Waseem is laying the bases (all bases covered lol) to promote Rizwan as the next captain…considering he is on Multan Sultan’s pay role too.

All I can do here is try my best to open your eyes, open the eyes of those who sincerely love Pakistan cricket. It is your choice to remain blind to it.

If Shadab doesn't bowl and still Abrar can't play then there is nothing which can convince Babar. He is too insecure and biased towards his friends. All captains have their favourite players Imran,Dhoni, Ponting all of them but atleast those players could have played by merit alone.

That’s not a flaw in Babar’s captaincy? That’s not the biggest reason his team has no middle order?
Where are the middle order batsmen in Pakistan?

Where are the spinners?

Do you follow domestic cricket at all?

Where are the middle order batsmen in Pakistan?

Where are the spinners?

Do you follow domestic cricket at all?
Yeah no I don’t follow Pakistan cricket

I don’t have the answers to your important questions that deflect blame on RizBar

In the current situation, do not trust a word from the mouths of following individuals:

Muhammad Waseem
Misbah ul Haq
Ramiz Raja
Tanvir Ahmed
Basit Ali
Waqar Younis

All 2 faced snakes. They have all played their role in creating this mess, they will all look for a way to abscond themselves now. Never forgive, never forget!
All these individuals will be the best if they bring Sarfraz back as captain today :ROFLMAO:

One thing that baffles me is how Usman Qadir doesn’t get picked given that he’s Babar’s bestie…just tells you how bad Qadir must’ve been.

Ya kick him while he is down.

All these fake pandits will go into hiding when qudrat ka nizam takes effect and babar's fauj storms into the super 8s.
:inti

Ya kick him while he is down.

All these fake pandits will go into hiding when qudrat ka nizam takes effect and babar's fauj storms into the super 8s.
:inti
They are taking their kicks at Babar because they want to stay in the good books of the men that appointed him again.

M. Wasim has zero incredibility. Just another average human being jealous of Babar Azam who is a far greater batsman and a bigger star than he could have ever hoped to be.

Back