Babar Azam performance watch thread

Square Drive

Test Star
Runs
He's a batting all-rounder who bowls right-arm offbreak and is a right-handed batsman. He plays attackingly, and is an opener as well. He's only 16, and once Hafeez retires, he should seriously be in the team. Same Hafeez, no?

Last edited by a moderator:
Cousin of the Akmals.. a real talent.

Has had a brilliant start to his List-A career.

He also scored a half century on his first-class debut..

wouldn't say he is the future Hafeez, Hafeez isn't some all-time great/legend that Babar will be a future Hafeez.

Babar Azam will be Babar Azam.

Cousin of the Akmals.. a real talent.

Has had a brilliant start to his List-A career.

He also scored a half century on his first-class debut..

wouldn't say he is the future Hafeez, Hafeez isn't some all-time great/legend that Babar will be a future Hafeez.

Babar Azam will be Babar Azam.

A type of Hafeez, I mean. And really, he's the cousin of Akmals?

He made 84 runs the other day and took 4 wickets as well in the domestic u19 tournament. I Think he is going to captain Pakistan u19s in The WC NeXT year as he already has played a WC and did well.

he's a very special player, all touch and artistic.

watching him bat in the nets at NCA, kasam se dil khush hogaya tha!

really should be given more opportunities.

I remember hearing he was initially nervous.

However, will give him few more years so he matures and can handle the pressure well.

So he's not 'aggressive' like his cousins, interesting.

definitely doesn't bat like them, more upright, tends to play off the backfoot. :inzi

I think alongside Raza Hassan these 2 are the best young pakistani players to come out of domestic cricket since Amir.

I have herd good things about him lets see him progress

His technique is the most proper out of all the Akmals.

Very easy on the eye.

Raza Hasan and Babar Azam have very bright futures in front of them, if they continue to put in the hard work.

if hes the next hafeez, then lord have mercy on us.

it took a decade for hafeez to come to the form he is showing right now.

His favourite player is AB De Villiers.

Not a bad player to copy.

Also a very good fielder, quite agile.

if hes the next hafeez, then lord have mercy on us.

it took a decade for hafeez to come to the form he is showing right now.

Yes, Hafeez is probably not the ideal player to follow in terms of the path taken to become successful. :))

With Azam's potential, he should become a much better player than Hafeez, in terms of batting.

But, he could turn out like Hasan Raza, if we don't let him develop.

he should at least bat another 5 years before coming to international side or just before the next 50 over world cup

Very good player. He doesn't get to play first-class games. Only a couple games.

His performance against afganistan a was wonderful.
Should make a debut in the next 2-3 years

Shajeel khan, babar azam,umar Amin and Jamal anwar are some players to watch.

he's still way too small, i hope he does grow another foot or so.

Short height is better for a batsman, can judge the length more effectively.

And he doesn't look 'that' short, by the way.
Nearly same height as Usman Qadir, who's himself quite tall.

321573_257499214283150_100000692213902_868532_3241721_n.jpg

Watched him a while ago in the U19 WC and have to say, he was getting dismissed to poor bowling. I worry that he has modelled himself too much on AB De Villiers who has his own style that works for him, but its such a unique style that I have serious doubts that a copy cat version could survive the scruitiny of international bowling. I may be wrong, but we won't know for sure until he actually plays international cricket.

he didnt play a single first class match.

and he is terrble in the current u19 first class tourny.

what happeened to him.

he didnt play a single first class match.

and he is terrble in the current u19 first class tourny.

what happeened to him.

MAG - I think you will have a better idea than most others... :)

You tend to follow the kids quite closely.

well i follow their domestic perfromances / stats and people interviews, i have no idea why he is not playing in first division. he played few matches last season in the end. why stop from that.

His u19 domestic performances are bad for his standard. 8 matches, 13 innings just 1 century and no fifties.

His u19 ODI performances are better though with 2 centuries and a fifity from 6 matches.

Bring some more from akmal family and than we can have name our team AKMALISTAN

from whati have seen bats nothing like the Akmals , more of pure batsmen ..thot he was a genuine test prospect then , not sure how his game has progressed now

You want him to be next hafeez. Then i can say only one thing. GOD PLZ HELP PAK CRICKET.

Babar scores 85 of 152 balls against Zimbabwe U19s. Well played lad!

85 off 101 balls. Another brilliant inning by our most consistent youngster :)

Sami Aslam has disappointed again, hopefully he will adjust to the conditions quickly as he scored a lot more runs at U19 level than even Babar Azam.

Good to see Umar Waheed doing well at this level too.

We should win this easily.

Future Hafeez ? He might as well give up cricket and concentrate on his studies then.

86 not out and a 100 in his last 2 innings.

I wouldn't mind if his bowling is as good as Hafeez, but I really hope his batting is much better.

He just needs to keep performing in the domestic circuit (like he is doing) and his time will come. The question is, when is the right time to unleash him? In recent history, unleashing young fast bowlers has been a worthwhile experiment (Amir, Junaid) but giving young batsmen early exposure hasn't been as successful (Shehzad, Jamshed etc). Even for a batsman like Umar Akmal, I think what could have been if we had given him a couple more years before giving him his debut. Look at Azhar Ali and Shafiq, two batsman who might not be as talented as Umar but look much more in control of their game and mature as they have played domestically for a long time before coming in.

Hope he doesnt turn out to be another hafeez, id rather we have a quality bowler or batsmen than another hafeez who bats a bit and balls a bit

Yaar badduain :facepalm: Allah babar ko hafeez ke sher se mehfooz rakhay .. Ameen.

LOL right.

I think he is a real talent.I am eagerly awaiting the u19 world cup to see players like sami aslam,babar azam,ahsan adil,zia ul haq,umar waheed,mohammad waheed etc

Lol!!! I guarantee Hafeez will be forgiven and once again hold Bradman status on PP if he scores a few 50s in the asia cup.

There are encouraging signs in terms of batsman coming from under 19 but there has been a remarkable decline in the quality of seam bowlers.In the 2010 under 19 world cup that lad named fayyaz was the only good seaner but he has not made inroads at domestic cricket. Most players from under 19 quickly get discarded like jamshed and akhtar ayub

Mods, please change the heading of this thread. How on earth can you have Mohammad Hafeez as a role-model for a youngster?? The guy who is averaging 26 after almost 100 ODIs :facepalm:

There are encouraging signs in terms of batsman coming from under 19 but there has been a remarkable decline in the quality of seam bowlers.In the 2010 under 19 world cup that lad named fayyaz was the only good seaner but he has not made inroads at domestic cricket. Most players from under 19 quickly get discarded like jamshed and akhtar ayub

But both Ehsan Adil and Zia Ul Haq are taking wickets in the current dometstic tournament.

Both play for Pakistan u19 and we will inshaAllah see them in the u19 WC later this year.

But both Ehsan Adil and Zia Ul Haq are taking wickets in the current dometstic tournament.

Both play for Pakistan u19 and we will inshaAllah see them in the u19 WC later this year.

Yeah plus the pitches in australia will also help them.

Spoke with Babar earlier today.........interview to be published soon.

Mods, please change the heading of this thread. How on earth can you have Mohammad Hafeez as a role-model for a youngster?? The guy who is averaging 26 after almost 100 ODIs :facepalm:

It seems as if Hafeez is the type of player who has commited controversies, judging by your overreaction.

Although I'm against the comparison, the fact their both all rounders is probably the reason why OP has compared the two, and also the fact that they both open the batting.

Comparisons are not always made because of the two's similiar style of play.

He made 64 again. Very impressive player. Best batsmen in this tourney I would say.

Looking at his age, don't want to overhype the kid but mighty impressive.

It seems as if Hafeez is the type of player who has commited controversies, judging by your overreaction.

Although I'm against the comparison, the fact their both all rounders is probably the reason why OP has compared the two, and also the fact that they both open the batting.

Comparisons are not always made because of the two's similiar style of play.

This. All you idiots, read the above post.

How long until Babar Azam gets to play for the national side?

At 17 years of age, everything about this boy is suggesting that he has it all to become one of the batting heavyweights for pakistan. We invested time in Umar Akmal and he hasnt been a bad selection. I reckon that next year as he will be 18, we will be seeing this boy in the pakistan team.

His favourite player is AB Deviliers BTW, just imagine that he models his technique to AB's. We can have a future AB Deviliers in the team baby!!!

His favourite player is AB Deviliers BTW, just imagine that he models his technique to AB's. We can have a future AB Deviliers in the team baby!!!

Umm that's not how it usually works.....otherwise I would have been a Tendulkar by now :sachin

Back