Bangladesh [324/5] beat Sri Lanka [234] by 90 runs in the first ODI

Nil Dhumrojal

First Class Star
Runs
Bangladesh tour of Sri Lanka, 1st ODI: Sri Lanka v Bangladesh at Dambulla, Mar 25, 2017

SL vs BDESH
Match scheduled to begin at 14:30 local time (09:00 GMT)

SRI LANKA SQUAD
WU Tharanga*, LD Chandimal, DM de Silva, N Dickwella†, DAS Gunaratne, CBRLS Kumara, RAS Lakmal, BKG Mendis, SS Pathirana, NLTC Perera, S Prasanna, PADLR Sandakan, JRMVB Sanjaya

BANGLADESH SQUAD
Mashrafe Mortaza*, Imrul Kayes, Mahmudullah, Mosaddek Hossain, Mushfiqur Rahim†, Mustafizur Rahman, Nurul Hasan, Rubel Hossain, Sabbir Rahman, Shakib Al Hasan, Shuvagata Hom, Soumya Sarkar, Subashis Roy, Sunzamul Islam, Tamim Iqbal, Taskin Ahmed,Mehedi Hasan miraz

Last edited:
Bangladesh is more experience than Sri Lanka who lost 4 main batsmen. Sri Lankan batting is very thin to cope with Miraz, Sakib, Mashrafee, Mustafiz and Taskin

Bangladesh is more experience than Sri Lanka who lost 4 main batsmen. Sri Lankan batting is very thin to cope with Miraz, Sakib, Mashrafee, Mustafiz and Taskin

Also our batting is immensely experienced - Tamim Shakib Mushy Riad.

And the other bats mosaddek Soumya and sabbir are exciting

Miraz can bat too.

Tbh Lanka are the underdogs. No herath Mathews Malinga

Expecting Bangladesh 3-0 sweep. Sri Lankan bowlers are toothless.

Soumya on form has to be the most exciting batsman to watch. Crisp drives and authorative pulls whips and few lofted drives.

Unfortunately was off form in 2016.

SRL chose to chase under lights, so I think we'll need close to 300 here.

SRL chose to chase under lights, so I think we'll need close to 300 here.

Wicket is sluggish.

Soumya's wicket is proof. I think anything around 275 is a good score. Against Fizz Miraz and Shakib won't be easy.

Bangladesh need to bat well against spin. Let's see how our seniors deal with Sandakan

Shot of the day, including the Test match .....

If Tamim and Shabbir play another 20 overs Bangladesh will manage to score 350+. Sri Lanka needs to improve its fielding

Umpire Martinez must be thinking - if the earth could have slpited to grasp him ....

This one rule needs to be amended - Sabbir is denied probably 3 runs.

Umpire Martinez must be thinking - if the earth could have slpited to grasp him ....

This one rule needs to be amended - Sabbir is denied probably 3 runs.

How about if the batsman was adjudged out and fielders celebrated instead of chasing?

It's a fair decision imo and this will be a grey area to some

Shot of the day, including the Test match .....

hope our selectors select team on merit as bangla does..... sabbir rahman is beauty to watch....bangladesh is improving day by day and we are regressing...

hope our selectors select team on merit as bangla does..... sabbir rahman is beauty to watch....bangladesh is improving day by day and we are regressing...

A batsman first should look like a batsman - that's side on & top hand. Most of these players were baptized in their teens by the best 2 batting coaches I have seen - Whatmore & Siddons. Most of the batsmen are elegant to watch & technically correct.

Also, PAK tries to hide stroke makers in lower order, in a hope that someday one will win larke lenge style, which never gives confidence.

How about if the batsman was adjudged out and fielders celebrated instead of chasing?

It's a fair decision imo and this will be a grey area to some

At least those going for boundary should be credited. I understand the technical problem though.

Little soft dismissal, but the shot was on - Sabbir put more bottom hand in the drive.

Now Tamim should look to play through from one end.

Two soft dismissals have pegged us back.

But need these two to bat for longer

Who is Sri Lankan fielding coach? We need him badly if he wants to work for free

Bangladesh's number 9 batsman is good enough to be a proper grinder in the top order.

What are Shakib and Tamim waiting for

Bangladesh surely losing this match. Tamim and shakib will be the responsibles for this loss.

Sri Lankan fielding is even worse than us

You don't say.

Lanka have been woeful. Not too long ago they were probably one of the best fielding side in the world. Infact best if you ask me.

Wow Sri Lankan fielding is so bad. Sad to see how much they've declined.

300 isn't crossed very often in Dambulla, its traditionally a low scoring wicket because of its slow nature.

Mosaddek Hossain is a top class batsman.

What a batting unit bangladesh has.

Tamim was dire between 85 and 100. Luckily Bangladesh have managed to make up for it at the end with some good batting and some poor SL fielding.

Should reach 300, but should have been 325
i think they are making it courtesy some ordinary bowling and fielding...and bad team selection not taking any credit away from bangla batters..

i think they are making it courtesy some ordinary bowling and fielding...and bad team selection not taking any credit away from bangla batters..

SRL has declined considerably in bowling & surprisingly in fielding.

Looks like either Sri Lanka or us will be playing for the qualifier ( Thanks to Inzamam to recycling TTFs like Kamran, Hafeez, Shehzad)

Should be an easy win for Bangladesh. 300+ has never been chased down in Sri Lanka apparently.

Tamim made up some what but had SRL fielded well & not conceded 23 extras, we won't have passed 300

We are 40 runs short, selfish knock by Tamim

This should be more than enough, Dambulla is a slow wicket - 300 been crossed here only twice before today.

Sri Lankan batting lineup is without Mathews so Bangladesh have a massive opportunity to win here.

Bangladesh definitely 2nd best ODI in Asia

Very impressed by this team. I wouldn't worry about automatic World Cup qualification.

When looking at the lower end of the ICC rankings, on current form and ability its Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and West Indies in that order for me.

Sri Lanka and West Indies are in freefall. Sri Lanka were abysmal in the field today.

SRL has declined considerably in bowling & surprisingly in fielding.

so it may be a race for qualification between pak and sri.......bangladesh is improving and i am feeling jealous by seeing all young guns with most of the team under 30 age....

Very impressed by this team. I wouldn't worry about automatic World Cup qualification.

When looking at the lower end of the ICC rankings, on current form and ability its Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and West Indies in that order for me.

Sri Lanka and West Indies are in freefall. Sri Lanka were abysmal in the field today.

Most likely us and Sri Lanka are free fall. We had great opportunities to go forward instead we keep recycling TTF and oldies

I still believe Sri Lanka is better LOI team than us considering they have more attacking and younger players. Most of our players are sluggish and old

Bangladesh definitely 2nd best ODI in Asia

yess definitely after sharjeel got banned and our recent selection for wi pak is nowhere...but bangla has to improve their fast bowling resources as with out mustafiz their fast bowling looks weak.....mushrafi has to go noe and leave it for a talented younsgter with ability to bowl fast and hit a few...

yess definitely after sharjeel got banned and our recent selection for wi pak is nowhere...but bangla has to improve their fast bowling resources as with out mustafiz their fast bowling looks weak.....mushrafi has to go noe and leave it for a talented younsgter with ability to bowl fast and hit a few...

Taskin rubel ?

Since 2015 world cup our bowling attack has been arguably one of the best

Back