Bangladesh v India 1st Test: Chittagong

Go BD go....Mortaza...good enough for w11? don't barrage me for this.

Anyways looks like the chances of this game heading for a draw have just increased even more. Rain overnight has caused the outfield to be pretty wet. First session is pretty much out of the equation India might just have to declare and attempt to see if Bangladesh attempt the target of 193 in 50 odd overs. That should make for an interesting match.

Romali_rotti said:
Well you keep praising your coward hero, no problems here..If Dravid was class> Mcgrath the world greatest fast bowler would have given him a mention wouldnt he? ponder that, there is the legends and then there is the pretenders :19:

Care to elaborate? It's pretty rich coming from a Tendulkar fan to be calling other players as cowards. :23:

Fair play to Dravid for making such a sporting declaration.

BD requires another 218 runs and India 9 wickets.

36 overs for each of them to gain 1-0 lead.

Tendulkar is the most delighted person in the world today....perhaps this series is going to boost up his tottering career for some time

Last edited:
29 runs from the last 4 overs. 201 runs needed in 34 overs.

Too hard me thinks. Nearly 7 an over. But I guess they have 9 wickets. Would be a big story if they beat India!

They could do it - they can afford to have a go and with only 30 overs to go if they lose 4/5 wickets early on they should be able to hold on for a draw.

Wouldn't it be wonderful!

i suspect that Bangladesh will go for the draw - a shame as i reckon they've got a chance especially with Kumble unable to bowl. They can always shut up shop if they lose wickets. They might not have a better chance to beat India in a test for some time.

Crucial crucial over there. Only 2 from it.

188 needed from 28 overs are a RRR of 6.71.

Sean said:
Crucial crucial over there. Only 2 from it.

188 needed from 28 overs are a RRR of 6.71.

It says on cricinfo that minimum of 27 overs are still available, does anyone know the cut off time because I think under normal conditions you are allowed an extra 8 overs. That would be a big boost for Bangladesh if the light holds.

If there can be a result, you can play for an extra 30 minutes. But I don't think that Cricinfo have taken that into account.

Anyway, Bangladesh are 1/75 after 17.2 overs.

They require 175 from 26 overs at a run rate of 6.73. They are still a huge chance!
It's a one day match now!

Dravid brings a silly mid off in and the very next ball Bashar charges down the track and smacks it to long on where RP Singh drops the catch.

A maiden! Oh no! Run rate rises again!
Next over is a maiden! No! Cmon bangladesh! You can do it! Believe in yourselves!
You want to step up, you have to step up now!
Run rate is now 7 runs per over!

Dropped catch!!!!

18.4 Powar to Habibul Bashar, 1 run, dropped, Bashar charges down the ptch and lofts Powar down to log on, he hasn't got enough elevation on it to clear the fence and RP Singh is late off the blocks, he has to dive forward to take the catch and fluffs it

Who are the attacking batsmen for Bangladesh? They should push them up the order, as the run rate is over seven. If there isn't added time, I think they'll fall short by 10-20 runs.

tis ll b draw
it ll b difficult for Bangla to chase target at more than 7 runs per over from here. Dravid can spread field and time and they can bowl from round wicket as well.

Bashar comes down the track again and find RP Singh once more, only this time he manages to take the catch without any problems.

82/2

Wicket! Bashar goes!
Powar to Bashar, out Caught by RP Singh!! looped up delivery, Bashar uses his feet to reach to the pitch of the ball and lofts it between long on and mid wicket, straight down the throat of RP Singh this time! H Bashar c RP Singh b R Powar 37(49) 4s-6 6s-0

Game over now me thinks. They put in an awesome effort, but it's too much.

2/82.

7.30 needed over 23 overs. Too hard. That's like trying to chase 400!

it might be no bad thing - Bashar is a slow batsman as is Omar.

Perhaps Ashraful can get them home (though i doubt it).

cornered paktiger said:
it might be no bad thing - Bashar is a slow batsman as is Omar.

Perhaps Ashraful can get them home (though i doubt it).

Never Doubt a heart of a champion

bangla is playing it safe..get the target to 120 something in the last 15 overs and then play it out as a 20 20..and if wickets fall then just go for the draw

bangladesh have a real chance here
if they can get to 10 overs left with say 70-80 runs needed and 8 wickets remaining they can do it big time

Hundred up for Bangladesh.
150 needed from 18 overs.
20/20 match now.
8.33 runs per over needed now. Are they playing for the draw? Cmon Bangladesh! Push it along!

They should concentrate on rotating the strike if boundaries are hard to come by. It would give Saleh a chance to get used to the pitch.

Asraful yet to come they should get a move on.

It doesn't seem Bangladesh are making much of an effort to get this, which is dissapointing as they have wickets in hand and if they lost a few they could always shut up shop.

Daoud said:
So you dont think we can do it Hash?

last 10 overs run rate has been 2.7

Quite pathetic actually. I expected at least a semi attempt. Very very dissapointed in Bangladesh.

We will win the 2nd test though.

How many overs left?

Cricinfo says 17 overs left.
Cricbuzz says there is 16 left.

They could have kept the req run rate down to 6 for the last 20 and that would have been in the bag.

They can demand the extra half an hour can't they?
Or is that included in the 17 overs? (Min overs remaining)

Minimum 16 overs my friend..its upto the Bangs batsmen if they go off for bad light or not, there are still overs which needs to be bowled which were lsot due to rain on previous days.

therefore..minimum 16 overs...i say about 26 overs still in the game

Oh no. That's poor from Bangladesh. There chance of a win against a very good team, and they take the light. Not good!

Bangladesh were becoming one of my favourite teams but very dissapointed in this pathetic display by them. I remember they did something similar against the West Indies a couple of years ago. They could have pushed on and attempted a win but instead just kept batting and batting and batting at a snails pace and by the time they declared it was too late and the match ended in a draw.

Pathetic Bangladesh. Absolutely pathetic.

hasbeen said:
yep. there wasnt going to be a result so no point wasting everyones time
They aren't wasting time. Because the only need 8 an over.

Sean..I will put the blame on the captain..he did not have faith in his team..if you have hitters like ashraful and murtaza in the team..at least give them a go before making up ur mind.

Yeah, it is disappointing.
I remember against Zimbabwe once they won the first test then were in a good position in the second test. Yet they chickened out and there was some weird logic thrown around by the seniors like a draw in this case is better than a win or some real nonsense like that

Once again, Pathetic captaincy by our beloved bashar. Whats the point of a draw when we had 15 overs in hand. We could have given it a try !. Atleast draw was already confirmed for us. He should have taken the chance :12: :12: :12: :12: . Bashar is simply Pathetic. Bashar is playing for India, not for BD

Last edited:
i don't think they had a eral chance....and any chance they had was created because of the rains.

still i'm fairly impressed by the top order in the 2nd innings (tho it was a bit early to tell) and the bowling job by mash, hossain, and rafique.

i hope they have a better 1st innings performance in the 2ndt Test - and there is no rain.

Back