Best chance for Pakistan to win a series Down Under?

BunnyRabbit

T20I Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
Looking at Australia being humbled by Saffers, makes me think this might be the best chance to beat Australia in their home which is down on confidence and luck.
Let's hope we can produce something magical in the next 3 months to beat Kiwis and Kangroos in their backyard. Although at the moment it looks pretty implausible considering our woeful record down under in tests especially.

Anyone else believes we have what it takes to beat Australia this time around or will we end up reinvigorating the Australians?

I believe we need to beef up our bowling resources with Asif and go back to 7-4 policy as we direly need a genuine batsman at no 6, i would like Sarfraz to move back to no7.

Stronger Pakistan sides have taken on much weaker Aussie side (in the 80s) and it didnt happen

Hoping for the best though. Misbah's team has done a lot of stuff 80s and 90s teams weren't able to do

the first Test the D/N one will be the best chance for us to win a Test. We will be playing in the peak of the Aussie summer with flat bouncy roads. I think we can win a Test but winning the series i dont think we will be that consistent. Best i think could be a 1-1 draw.

But have you seen how Australia have been faring against South Africa? They are folding like they were a few months back against Sri Lanka in SL but now it's happening in their home. It's like the team's confidence is on an all time low.
But as a Pakistani, we have a habit of revitalizing anyone's form.

I hope we go clinical and attack against Aus. Warner will be the biggest threat IMO.

Nah, I will be delighted with even 2-1 to Oz. Atleast, we will win a test in Oz after 2 decades,lol

I'm not sure about winning the series but definitely a great chance to win at least 1 Test match.

Winning a match or at best drawing the series, is what i think Pakistan can achieve. Winning the series irrespective of the poor form of the Aussies is far fetched specially because Misbah isn't the kind of captain who could dictate with the aussies even when they are down, but still i feel its going to be a very competitive series.

Stronger Pakistan sides have taken on much weaker Aussie side (in the 80s) and it didnt happen

This time though I think Pakistan have a real good chance of winning a series.

Pakistan have got one of their strongest teams (with respect to its peers) while this team is trying hard to challenge the mid 80s team of Australia for its weakest ever. This team has been losing across all formats for a while. They have had too many whitewashes in this year alone starting with the T20 series whitewash at home against India followed by a test series whitewash against Sri Lanka followed by an ODI series whitewash against South Africa and are staring at a 2 nil deficit in a 3 match test series against a South African side devoid of AB, Steyn and Amla hasn't even started scoring runs.

Australia are at a serious risk of losing both the series of their Australian summer this season. Australia are facing South Africa now, followed by Pakistan and head to India next. One would wonder how many tests they would win out of this season.

Never feel comfortable when pakistan goes in to a series as a favourite or even having equal chance.We can only win if one of our pacers have a dream series unfortunatley we lack pacers of rabada and philander quality

And I certainly don't think Pakistan go into the Test series in Australia as favourites despite the hosts current issues.

Australia will likely to change their pitches and make them less extreme from what they are now.

South Africa are a different animal compared to Pakistan, I don't see Australia breaking like this against Pak

It's their best chance to be competitive, certainly

Any Asian beating Aus in Aus will be vastly appreciated by me. Go Pak go. Do the best. SC support is with you. Pacers would have to deliver their best.

Problem is, all of our right handed batsman struggle against in-swinging yorkers.

It surely is the best chance for PAK to win the series. I have a feeling that this will be a very competitive series but the realistic scoreline for me is 1-1. We definitely need to hold on to our catches though.

2-1 to PAK would be a tough ask but you never know :amir :yasir :misbah :yk2

Last edited:
SA are superior to Pak in these conditions, but the Aussies have been swept aside by SL recently and now they are being hammered by SA, so their morale will be at their lowest during the Pak series.

If Pak manage to put on a good show in the first innings of the match, then there is a chance of an upset.

If batting first, then make sure to post a score in excess of 330+ and if bowling first, then get them out for 250 or so and get a lead.

Pakistan need to play one of there best cricket .

Sami Aslam and Babaar Azam have to get in and score big once they are set.

Fielders need to grasp all chances.

Good time for us to tour given how vulnerable Australia are looking.

Got to play short ball better as well as the inswinging deliveries that've troubled Azhar and Shafiq in particular. Need to consistently put 300+ totals on the board and avoid the appalling collapses that've blighted so many of our tours Down Under.

This is a team of grafters and more resilient than the previous touring party, and they thrashed Australia in 2014 so hopefully that mental block of consistently being defeated against them has gone too.

It's more like a mental thing. Pakisatn had never beaten England in England until they did under Imran Khan who was able to create that self belief in team to beat England. Don't think Misbah has it in him and his age and form is not behind him.

[MENTION=9]Saj[/MENTION] Yes no one is saying Pakistan is going into the series as favourites but i still reckon it's our best chance.
We went into the series against England without much chance as well, but this side showed a lot of resilience and kept coming back from where our teams of yesteryears would have found it difficult.

I believe we need to start the series strong and then maintain the performance. If we start poorly, we might let our best chance go to waste.

Back