"I never change my plans as a captain after coming under pressure from anyone": Babar Azam

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Babar Azam in his post 4th T20I presser:

Q: Regarding pressure from media after defeat against New Zealand in 3rd T20I

Babar Azam: "Look, you guys (media) talk a lot. You guys always make up stuff. I never change my plans as a captain after coming under pressure from anyone. We always try to prioritize those things which are beneficial for our team and Pakistan. And I believe in it, and that's my strength."

Q: Regarding the rising threat of injuries after the Kakul camp

Babar Azam: "If you look at what has happened before the camp, you must be aware of how much cricket has happened during that time and there were back-to-back series. Rest time is out of the question; we were finding it very difficult to spend time with our families. As professionals, we are always ready for it. Whenever we are on tour, we have such a schedule that we have to work on fitness and skills as well. It's part of the game. Anything can happen to anyone. Injuries are part of the game. But we try to look after every player.

Regarding the camp (Kakul), there are always benefits to it. We get good fitness, and good fitness also helps us in mental strength in tough situations. We never ignore fitness. If you see the whole year's schedule, the days which we have off, we try to utilize them in fitness and skills."

Q: Rizwan injury

Babar Azam: "Whenever your main player gets injured you definitely miss him. The great services and the great performances that he (Rizwan) has rendered for Pakistan is clear to all. He is a fighter and always try to give his best in every field. It's (injury) not that bad but we are trying our best to preserve him. His rehab would be just two matches long and it will take place at NCA and he would be looked after fully before the T20 World Cup. Hopefully he will get fit before the Ireland tour. And we have made a thorough discussion with the physio regarding his rehab. And he would be available for the team most probably even before the World Cup."

Q: Will he play one down in 4th and 5th T20Is?

Babar Azam: "We have to go with a different mindset, and we must plan well, so yes we will try different players in that position. The purpose of this series is to do as many experiments as possible. So before going to the World Cup, we want to try different batters in the top 4-5 positions to provide equal opportunities to each one. If we are switching positions, we are doing it after communicating to the players."

Q: Regarding the poor form of Shaheen Shah Afridi and Naseem Shah in the 3rd T20I

Babar Azam: "We weren't defeated due to 1 or 2 persons; we got defeated as a team. Not only in batting and bowling, but we also lapsed in fielding too. That was also the reason for the defeat. There is no point in the blame game. I believe we always win and lose as a team. But Shaheen and Naseem are two of the best bowlers; they know how to come back. And if one match doesn't go well, it's part of the game. Not every player can perform every day; it's a team of 11 players, so each one has his own contribution. If someone has a bad day, it's the responsibility of other players to cover it up and win the match for us."

Babar Azam: "We have to go with a different mindset, and we must plan well, so yes we will try different players in that position. The purpose of this series is to do as many experiments as possible. So before going to the World Cup, we want to try different batters in the top 4-5 positions to provide equal opportunities to each one. If we are switching positions, we are doing it after communicating to the players."

Reminds me of the Tory politicians and how they used to waffle during the Covid daily update press conferences

He's still on about this?

Babar's incompetence is unbearable now. My prediction is he will not survive poor results for long. Mohsin Naqvi will not keep him as captain indefinitely if the team doesn't perform.

Babar Azam in his post 4th T20I presser:

Q: Regarding pressure from media after defeat against New Zealand in 3rd T20I

Babar Azam: "Look, you guys (media) talk a lot. You guys always make up stuff. I never change my plans as a captain after coming under pressure from anyone. We always try to prioritize those things which are beneficial for our team and Pakistan. And I believe in it, and that's my strength."

Q: Regarding the rising threat of injuries after the Kakul camp

Babar Azam: "If you look at what has happened before the camp, you must be aware of how much cricket has happened during that time and there were back-to-back series. Rest time is out of the question; we were finding it very difficult to spend time with our families. As professionals, we are always ready for it. Whenever we are on tour, we have such a schedule that we have to work on fitness and skills as well. It's part of the game. Anything can happen to anyone. Injuries are part of the game. But we try to look after every player.

Regarding the camp (Kakul), there are always benefits to it. We get good fitness, and good fitness also helps us in mental strength in tough situations. We never ignore fitness. If you see the whole year's schedule, the days which we have off, we try to utilize them in fitness and skills."

Q: Rizwan injury

Babar Azam: "Whenever your main player gets injured you definitely miss him. The great services and the great performances that he (Rizwan) has rendered for Pakistan is clear to all. He is a fighter and always try to give his best in every field. It's (injury) not that bad but we are trying our best to preserve him. His rehab would be just two matches long and it will take place at NCA and he would be looked after fully before the T20 World Cup. Hopefully he will get fit before the Ireland tour. And we have made a thorough discussion with the physio regarding his rehab. And he would be available for the team most probably even before the World Cup."

Q: Regarding the poor form of Shaheen Shah Afridi and Naseem Shah in the 3rd T20I

Babar Azam: "We weren't defeated due to 1 or 2 persons; we got defeated as a team. Not only in batting and bowling, but we also lapsed in fielding too. That was also the reason for the defeat. There is no point in the blame game. I believe we always win and lose as a team. But Shaheen and Naseem are two of the best bowlers; they know how to come back. And if one match doesn't go well, it's part of the game. Not every player can perform every day; it's a team of 11 players, so each one has his own contribution. If someone has a bad day, it's the responsibility of other players to cover it up and win the match for us."
stubborn, not the good kind of stubborn. he did not even listen to any feedback from Ramiz Raja when he would have one on one meetings with him. Time for the Bobsy King fans to admit this guy is a selfish stat padder even as captain. Closing in on 30 and only one innings in all formats was worth remembering. the double century against Australia was on the road pitches he insisted on we still lost the series but his fans and bobsy himself will say "app meri average dekhain"

Well said captain. As long as someone is at the helm he must believe in his decision-making ability. Can't afford to listen to outside noise.

Babar's incompetence is unbearable now. My prediction is he will not survive poor results for long. Mohsin Naqvi will not keep him as captain indefinitely if the team doesn't perform.
I don't trust Mohsin Naqvi like that considering he offered Babar captaincy in the first place

stubborn, not the good kind of stubborn. he did not even listen to any feedback from Ramiz Raja when he would have one on one meetings with him. Time for the Bobsy King fans to admit this guy is a selfish stat padder even as captain. Closing in on 30 and only one innings in all formats was worth remembering. the double century against Australia was on the road pitches he insisted on we still lost the series but his fans and bobsy himself will say "app meri average dekhain"
So 1 innings worth remembering on a road at home, which resulted in a draw is the best he has to show?
By far the most over(rated) bat to represent Pakistan.

Sorry for the language, but Babar is a clown. Repeating the same non sense every single time. we are 3 games underway and what changes did he make to the batting order?

Also the press is even more pathetic, did they ever do some research and confront him and his buddy Rizwan about their pathetic SR?
He already said he wont change his plans as captain. Thats literally the thread title. :cautious:

He already said he wont change his plans as captain. Thats literally the thread title. :cautious:
The purpose of this series is to do as many experiments as possible. So before going to the World Cup, we want to try different batters in the top 4-5 positions to provide equal opportunities to each one. If we are switching positions, we are doing it after communicating to the players."

Uncharismatic individual. Surprised he has such a big fan following.
This is something i never ever understand. I have seen sso many personalities from Pakistan over the years. Babar is probably one of the least charismatic peronality on and off the field. I think he is a social media driven superstar. His PR machinery keeps bombarding pak fans with hyped tweet through several bot account hoping to emulate like Kohli's popularity. Player being worshipped is good for Board. There is a symbiotic relationship between superstars and cricket board. Both benefit from each other.

Its suffocating to watch Pakistan cricket under players like Babar, Rizwan. Same old remarks. Mohsin Naqvi or his selected selectors really let us down by bringing this lemon back to captaincy.

This is why I liked to move with Shaheen as captain. Despite concerns over fitness and workload.

Babar is a conservative captain. He rarely thinks outside the box. Rarely takes risks and is content with stability because of his conservative nature more than most things.

This is why I liked to move with Shaheen as captain. Despite concerns over fitness and workload.

Babar is a conservative captain. He rarely thinks outside the box. Rarely takes risks and is content with stability because of his conservative nature more than most things.
Tbh, Shadab would have been better for a few reasons.

A) He captained an inexperienced team against Afghanistan and managed to pick up one win, Which is impressive as pur full strength team got annihilated against Afghanistan in the world cup.

Babar with such a depleted team wouldn't have even scored a single victory.

B) in all 3 games he tried different things unlike babar who never changes. Last year babar made zero changes to the squad until the last Sri lanka game in asia cup where Abdullah and saud were drafted over fakhar and Agha.

C) Hes a psl winner and has shown captaincy material.

D) He leads by example having the highest sr in our unit. He was also the first person in our dugout to not be a delusional monkey, unlike babar, Shadab highlighted the importance of impactful innings in a t20 world cup and why babar approach on wrong.

E) His fielding and fitness standards proves even more why his fitness and fielding is an example of leading by example.

The only issue qith shadab is that he as a Bowler sucks and bowling wise he doesn't merit but same can be said for babar, Babar as an opener sucks and doesn't merit.

Shaheen is too immature to be captaincy material.

The purpose of this series is to do as many experiments as possible. So before going to the World Cup, we want to try different batters in the top 4-5 positions to provide equal opportunities to each one. If we are switching positions, we are doing it after communicating to the players."
That is naturally what we all expect Babar to do. But his statements are disapointing. I sincerely hope he genuinely wants to find the perfect team combination and not focus on his own individual milestones as people online are suggesting. :cautious:

its one giant circle jerk of yes men, pretty much how most of the country is run.
Thats how the Pakistan and India seems to operate. Individuals' are worshipped over team achievements. No wonder Australia continues to dominate in cricket. They continue to place team over individuals and they always all come together on big occasions and deliver and take BIG trophies home.

Yeah right!! Naqvi himself is not fit for PCB job. He got the job due to his connection. Knowing Babar's failures for years he award Babar 2 year extension.

Knew that!! Babar didn't change a bit since last year World Cup. He will keep doing same thing even he is captain for next 10 years.

This is something i never ever understand. I have seen sso many personalities from Pakistan over the years. Babar is probably one of the least charismatic peronality on and off the field. I think he is a social media driven superstar. His PR machinery keeps bombarding pak fans with hyped tweet through several bot account hoping to emulate like Kohli's popularity. Player being worshipped is good for Board. There is a symbiotic relationship between superstars and cricket board. Both benefit from each other.
Paraphrasing Machiaveli but it is better to be feared than loved.

Babar is a ruthless individual that hides behind a gormless exterior.

He has sent every single person who has stood up against him packing.

His own players know that they need to call him "king" etc to remain in his inner circle.

He doesn't need charisma when he rules with an iron fist.

To be honest, losing to lower-tier teams or C/D teams doesn't hurt all that much, especially in T20 cricket. What hurts more is when a captain or other team member excuses their defeats and doesn't use them as motivation to get better. While I think it's vital to have a positive attitude and believe in oneself, you should always strive for development. which this squad is lacking. They are weak and prone to emotional outbursts, just like kids at home when they get reprimanded. Believe me, emotionally unstable and dramatized cricket players will never lead your team to new heights.

Babar did change his plans as captain after having to move Rizwan out of the openers position.

I can guarantee that if Babar gets a chairman like Ramiz Raja who gives him all the powers, he will be opening with Rizwan all the way into the World Cup. He’s itching for it even now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Paraphrasing Machiaveli but it is better to be feared than loved.

Babar is a ruthless individual that hides behind a gormless exterior.

He has sent every single person who has stood up against him packing.

His own players know that they need to call him "king" etc to remain in his inner circle.

He doesn't need charisma when he rules with an iron fist.
Zindabad, but one thing, you didn't paraphrase machhiaveli, you stole his words, word for word 😂😂.

But jokes aside this is a perfect deep dive analysis on Babar.

Comedy Nights with Babar. He is giving the same statements for the last 4 years.

For PCB:

You can't turn a donkey into a horse but you can paint it and fool everyone into thinking its a zebra.

Fans of Babar Azam in Lahore during the 4th T20I between Pakistan and New Zealand.

KMkv5M8.png

So 1 innings worth remembering on a road at home, which resulted in a draw is the best he has to show?
By far the most over(rated) bat to represent Pakistan.
thats what I said, and that double century is NOT memorable, it was flatter than a road. The one memorable innings he has had is the century in 2019 WC against NZ thats it

he needs to be under pressure and change his plans else we will keep getting thrashed by c or d sides

It reminds me of a dialogue from Russell crowe in A beautiful mind movie " Honesty that borders on stupidity "

I think it is time for Babar to change few things. His old-school captaincy is costing this team matches and this thing is becoming a norm. Babar should get out of his comfort zone now,

Back