Best Cricket bat grips

aravindhsha

Debutant
Runs
Hi Guys,today i have found a very interesting picture of rahul dravid's bat.his grip doesn't any cricket bat grip.can you guys find any clue from this picture what grip he uses.what grip you find is the best cricket bat grip?currently i use chevron and scale grip but i found chevron gives nice grip where else grips like scale,octopus gives a nice feel but not giving as good grip as chevron.i suspect that rahul dravid's bat grip would be inside part of a normal cricket bat grip but how does it gives nice grip?

Attachments

• 139068.jpg
    139068.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 2,442
I personally prefer Chevron and spiral cricket grips as they are also used by international players. VK uses Chevron for matches and Spiral for nets and Dhoni uses Spiral for matches. Steve Smith used White Spiral grip and Pujara use Red Chevron.

Kookaburra grips are fantastic its half spiral and octopus which are in my opinion the best two grips( my opinion). No idea what grip dravid has in that photo lol sorry

The Aero bat grip is really good, it makes the bat feel like a feather, how ever i'd recommend applying it over the original grip. And the Aero grip is a stick on and you wouldn't need to struggle with cone and etc but its a little expensive $13 per grip.

which grips should i use?

so i just bought a new gm hero 707 classic style bat. it came with a single thick spiral grip. i've also got an octopus grip and 2 other chevron grips, for a total of 4 grips. my question is that i have two bats, the gm one being the main one and a reebok one for practice. which combination of grips should i use for both? thanks in advance guys

so i just bought a new gm hero 707 classic style bat. it came with a single thick spiral grip. i've also got an octopus grip and 2 other chevron grips, for a total of 4 grips. my question is that i have two bats, the gm one being the main one and a reebok one for practice. which combination of grips should i use for both? thanks in advance guys

Well its upto you actually but I can help you choose the best for you! If you have got really big hands and like your handle to be really thick,you should go with a octopus grip on the top(use 2 grips) but if you have got normal hands and you like the feel of the handle,might be you should stick with a single chevron grip or even double gripped based on your preferred thickness.Generally Chevron grips are really thin and (Grippy with new gloves) light wherelse octopus have pimples on them and they are heavy but they are really grippy either with new or old pair of gloves.Personally,I prefer chevron and GM control grips nowadays as they give the original feel of the handles and decent grip.Generally pros use chevron but its personal preference at the end of the day!

thanks man! i think ill do chevron first then spiral on top for the main bat, and just leave one chevron for the practice one and leave the octopus for when the spiral on the main bat rips up

Back