Beyond the Boundary - A preview of the PSL squads for PSL 9: Which side is likely to lift the trophy?

Which side will win the PSL trophy this season?

• Total voters
Things are not going in favor of Peshawar Zalmi, with two straight losses in two games.

INr87OC.jpg

So far, multan is doing wonderful job. They looked pretty mediocre as a squad ( not more than karachi) but somehow they are on top.

PSL 9 points table after Multan Sultans beat Quetta Gladiators

The Gladiators were handed their first defeat in this year’s PSL edition

Screenshot_20240225_181615_Chrome.jpg

Peshawar Zalmi's opening pair of Saim Ayub and Babar Azam stroked a partnership of 136 for the first wicket in the ongoing 12th game of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) season nine against Lahore Qalandars.

Most century partnerships in PSL:

4 – Babar Azam and Saim Ayub (14 innings)

4 – Mohammad Rizwan and Rilee Rossouw (16 innings)

4 – Mohammad Rizwan and Shan Masood (28 innings)

LQ in real danger of bowing out very quickly

8foT7eU.png

What's weird is that players like Moeen Ali, Andre Russell, Narine, Holder, Parnell would rather and are playing in BPL which I consider lesser in quality compared to PSL.

Pakistan’s Rawalpindi administration to deploy over 5,000 cops for next month’s PSL matches

The administration in Pakistan’s Rawalpindi has taken “extensive measures” to provide security to players and citizens as the city gears up to host the remaining matches of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) 2024 tournament next month, state-run media reported on Thursday.

Pakistan’s eastern city of Rawalpindi will host PSL matches from March 2-10. PSL matches every year draw thousands of people to stadiums in Lahore, Multan, Karachi and Rawalpindi, where matches are usually held. The PSL also features apart from local cricket stars, international cricketers of renown.

The Rawalpindi administration has finalized a security plan ahead of the tournament’s matches, the Associate Press of Pakistan (APP) said in a report, amid a surge in militant attacks across the country.

“Under the security plan finalized for PSL matches, over 5,000 police personnel, including elite forces, would be deployed to provide foolproof security cover to the matches,” the APP said.

It said the security plan includes closing stations, managing traffic, and “strict surveillance” to ensure the safety of the cricketers, officials and spectators.

It said around 750 police officers would be tasked with managing the teams’ movement from the Islamabad airport across the districts of Attock and Rawalpindi.

“Snipers, along with police equipped with advanced security tools, would be stationed along critical routes and rooftops near the stadium,” the report said. “These measures are designed to ensure a secure environment for the event.”

It said Rwalpindi’s traffic police has also developed a traffic management plan to cope with the expected increase in vehicles during the matches.

Pakistani authorities have been wary of attacks targeting cricketers and cricket events, especially since 2009 when militants attacked the Sri Lankan cricket team in Lahore. The incident scared international teams from touring Pakistan, forcing the South Asian country to choose the UAE as its home ground for several years before international teams started touring the country again.

Pakistan has seen a surge in militant violence, especially in its western regions bordering Afghanistan, since November 2022 after a fragile truce between the state and the Pakistani Taliban broke down.

SOURCE:

My pick
Winners: Multan Sultans
Runner up : Peshawar Zalmi
Bottom 2: One would be the Karachi Kings for sure.

Title winning probability of each team
MS 25%
PZ 21%
LQ 20 %
QG 15%
IU 14%
KK 3%
My prediction about LQ has been proven wrong.

In my experience I have noticed that any side that appears strong and dominates throughout the tournament never actually wins the title.

So in my opinion its going to happen again in this PSL and Islamabad United will lift the trophy this time.

Back