Boom Boom Apex bat review

Quick Single

Local Club Star
Runs
salam/ Hi

In my recent visit to Pakistan I bought a new Boom Boom bat from pindi. Before I bought the bat I had never heard of the model before, but it was pinging nicely and the pick up was even better. So for Pkr 5000, I thought it was a steal.

SPECS

Bat weighs 2.8 but pick up is fantastic.

Has 10 straight grains with a hint of heartwood under the fibre-glass tape. And a few minor blemishes

31mm edges.

Middish sweetspot.

Anyway enjoy the pics:

DSCF4129.jpg

DSCF4130.jpg

DSCF4131.jpg

DSCF4133.jpg

DSCF4134.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks lovely! To be honest, for Rs. 5000 you really can't go wrong with that piece of willow I think for Rs. 5000 it is impressive and extremely good. This could be easily graded as Grade 1 by some manufacturers. You really got a steal.

Sweetspot perhaps to high? Did you play with it yet?

is this a new BOOM BOOM?

wat grade is it? Looks great for such a low price!

this is better looking willow than the super expensive NEWBERRY someone has just bought!

salam/ Hi

In my recent visit to Pakistan I bought a new Boom Boom bat from pindi. Before I bought the bat I had never heard of the model before, but it was pinging nicely and the pick up was even better. So for Pkr 5000, I thought it was a steal.

Looks great for such price; congrats !

Cricketismylife said:
this is better looking willow than the super expensive NEWBERRY someone has just bought!

Dude; there is no comparison on the overall product finish & quality ... no offense to Quick Single but for such a price I would be very suspicious of the willow quality & durability ... I can’t even remember when it was possible to get a Grade 1 willow bat for such low price; some time ago I got a bat from Lahore with Grade 1 English willow without any sticker; it cost me 8000 PKR (and that was with a huge discount coz I got it through a friend who is a regular customer from the bat makers)

Last edited by a moderator:
is this a new BOOM BOOM?

You can't really say its new new but it has been for a while now.

Since Boom Boom Signatures etc are now made by SS and are not sold in Pakistan so BoomBoom/Ihsan made few bats for local Pakistan market and these are those, Apex, Maxi etc.

Going by looks I can easily say I have seen worst Grade 1s than this.

Is this a legit bat?

Absolutely mate, no doubt at all!

Looks great for such price; congrats !

Dude; there is no comparison on the overall product finish & quality ... no offense to Quick Single but for such a price I would be very suspicious of the willow quality & durability ... I can’t even remember when it was possible to get a Grade 1 willow bat for such low price; some time ago I got a bat from Lahore with Grade 1 English willow without any sticker; it cost me 8000 PKR (and that was with a huge discount coz I got it through a friend who is a regular customer from the bat makers)

A Grade 1 willow cost no more than 25 Pounds [If I remember correctly] from the merchant actually.

Apex and Maxi? Can't they think of their own names instead of discontinued GMs? :p

You can't really say its new new but it has been for a while now.

Since Boom Boom Signatures etc are now made by SS and are not sold in Pakistan so BoomBoom/Ihsan made few bats for local Pakistan market and these are those, Apex, Maxi etc.

Going by looks I can easily say I have seen worst Grade 1s than this.

Absolutely mate, no doubt at all!

A Grade 1 willow cost no more than 25 Pounds [If I remember correctly] from the merchant actually.

Yes but I would expect a G1 'manufacturer stickered bat' to be more than 5K PKR in open market/shop ... For the seller to make some sort of profit the bat must have cost like 2-3K PRK ... something doesn't add up

Looks lovely! To be honest, for Rs. 5000 you really can't go wrong with that piece of willow I think for Rs. 5000 it is impressive and extremely good. This could be easily graded as Grade 1 by some manufacturers. You really got a steal.

Sweetspot perhaps to high? Did you play with it yet?

Jazakallahkhair for the nice comment. If I' honest I had to do quite alot of bargaining, but in the end got the price I wanted.

Yaar, the season just ended and the winter nets are starting in a few weeks time, so will have to wait till then.

Yeah at first I also thought it was a bit high, but to be honest it has a large sweetspot so it's okay I guess.
is this a new BOOM BOOM?

Thanks for the comments.

I don't think it's new but I'm not quite sure.

The shop keeper said it was Grade 1.

I guess th willow looks good, but I can safely say the finishing on Newbery's are second to none.:))

Yes but I would expect a G1 'manufacturer stickered bat' to be more than 5K PKR in open market/shop ... For the seller to make some sort of profit the bat must have cost like 2-3K PRK ... something doesn't add up

:))

To be honest I don't really care all that much about G1/G2 etc, as long as the bat pings and picks up nicely there's nothing to complain about.

AS V3 goes for Rs. 6000 and it is Grade 1.

Jazakallahkhair for the nice comment. If I' honest I had to do quite alot of bargaining, but in the end got the price I wanted.

Yaar, the season just ended and the winter nets are starting in a few weeks time, so will have to wait till then.

Yeah at first I also thought it was a bit high, but to be honest it has a large sweetspot so it's okay I guess.

Thanks for the comments.

I don't think it's new but I'm not quite sure.

The shop keeper said it was Grade 1.

I guess th willow looks good, but I can safely say the finishing on Newbery's are second to none.:))

Ah okay do keep us updated.

I sit just me or does my Boom Boom have a different shape to this one:

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=119267

Looks very similar to me.

nice bat looks awesome the grains look very evenly spaced for 5k pkr its a steal.

nice bat looks awesome the grains look very evenly spaced for 5k pkr its a steal.

is this a new BOOM BOOM?

I agree this is way better then super expensive newbery bat someone bought recently.

My friend has one of these bats(maxi or apex) and hes scored over 1000 runs and with 2/3 hundreds.

Last edited:

I have purchased many bats g1 from pakistan lahore monty sports. The cheapest bat g1 costs 6000 rps. Pick up, balance, willow is good and can easily compete with most g1 bats from other manufactures.

So from Pakistan you can get a nice bat for 5000 rps.

That said, I would say Newbery bat is a class of its own. Its worth the money.

Last edited:
that newberry might have better pickup, might play as well- but we cant comment on that looking at pics.

In terms of grains etc this bat looks great. Better than Newberry - thats what my point was.

can someone convert the price of both bats into one currency? we can have a Rs VS Rs 5000.

GUys you must note, that I did do some bargaining to get it down to that low price.

It was originally 6500 Pkr.

GUys you must note, that I did do some bargaining to get it down to that low price.

It was originally 6500 Pkr.

whats are the places to buy in pindi ? and where did u buy from ??
i m going thre soon and have to buy one also

congratulations from me , its really nice bat within reasonable price.Have fun and become another "BOOM BOOM".

I think boom boom apex at the factory is about $65, so anything selling lower than that should raise eyebrows. Boom Boom Apex bats however are very good for its price, would recommend it.

Back