Boom Boom Bats [Merged]

KingOfDestiny

Debutant
Runs
Has anyone bought or know anyone who has bought a Boom Boom Bat ?:afridi

Thinking of buying a 5star bat.

Last edited:
I have seen lots of Boom Boom and aesthetically they look great, even there low end model looks like a Grade 1/2. They are quite massive bats and I saw one which even had a semi oval handle.

Grade 5? I'm sure there is no grade 5 bat. Which colour are you after?

CD where can I get them in Lahore?

a friend has asked one, preferably a light one...and please give me an idea on price as well.

My boom boom 3 star bat is on the way and it will be delivered to me tomorrow inshallah. Also looking to buy 5 star pads and 4 star gloves next week. Edit--I'll do a full review on thursday after I use and test it out properly.

Last edited:
CD where can I get them in Lahore?

a friend has asked one, preferably a light one...and please give me an idea on price as well.

AZ Bhai, in Lahore you can get Boom Boom bats at Orient Sports/Butt Sports (one in Shezan Basement in Liberty), however, these two shop keepers price are slightly higher than what it is worth. Even if they bargain they won't bargain Rs. 3,000-5,000 per bat as that how much the mark up price is.

Personally I'd go to Millat Sports which is located in Shahalami, there prices are good and they are what it is suppose to be. Plus they have quality stuff (have heard from many people) plus many international players use there bats. Here is there telephone number;

0423-7671433

There store is big one as well and I always wanted to go there but couldn't go there. Call them for exact directions and stuff.

Another famous sports store in Lahore is Zaidi Sports (where Salman Butt got his first bat from :) ) and this one is located somewhere near Mall if I remember correctly but they only stock Zaidi Sports bat and again many players buy from them as well.

There is Shahid Sports in Ichra and with them is that they order bats for you and the guy (Shahid) goes to Sailkot and pick up bats for you. But this takes 3-5 days and if you don't have enough time don't bother visiting them.

You can get Boom Boom bats in light weight so ask the shop keeper for something in 2.6-2.8 lbs range as that is light weight range.

There are 4 different models in Boom Boom bats (Golden/Black [Afridi], Red/Black [Razzaq, Gul] , Blue/Black [Fawad Alam Sabb] and Green/Black)

The top one (Golden/Black) goes for something around Rs. 18,000, second one Red/Black goes for something around Rs. 15,000, third one Blue/Black goes for something around Rs. 10,000 and last one Green/Black goes for something around Rs. 8000.

If you have anymore question(s) please please don't hesitate to ask me bro :)

My boom boom 3 star bat is on the way and it will be delivered to me tomorrow inshallah. Also looking to buy 5 star pads and 4 star gloves next week. I'll do a review tomorrow this time inshallah.

I thought you had already got it. What was the picture of that BB bat you posted earlier then?

CD bhai looks like you know all the cricket shops in Lahore like the back of your hand mashallah, I'm imprssed.

lol, baray maingay hain!

thanks for the info mate.

I thought you had already got it. What was the picture of that BB bat you posted earlier then?
I thought you must have read the posts before the pictures. Armie bhai sent me pictures of 5 boom boom bats to choose frm and I chose bat number 1.

Ah okay, sorry bhai.

I just have a question for you, was Armie bahi selling any of the other BB bats?

yaar it's a 'gift', to meri hi waat lagni hai :butt

you tell me what's good value for money.

Ah okay, sorry bhai.

I just have a question for you, was Armie bahi selling any of the other BB bats?

Yeah. I think he still has the other 4 which I did not buy. He sells all grades (5 star to 2 star) and he has boom boom softs aswell. Best way to contact him is by phone.

Last edited:
Ve tried Boom Boom pads and gloves they are very good. The pads are very good and fit very well I must say.

Gloves are a lot like Ihsan

I have seen lots of Boom Boom and aesthetically they look great, even there low end model looks like a Grade 1/2. They are quite massive bats and I saw one which even had a semi oval handle.

Grade 5? I'm sure there is no grade 5 bat. Which colour are you after?

Sorry I meant the 5 star bat. The black one :ajmal

Also looking at Boom Boom pads and gloves if anyone has used them.

I'll wait for your report Majid bhai. Thanks guys :misbah

I have used Boom Boom 5 Star pads and they are very good pads, definately recommeneded. Gloves are very good as well. Old style of Puma anbd are light weight so not bad gloves

I have used Boom Boom 5 Star pads and they are very good pads, definately recommeneded. Gloves are very good as well. Old style of Puma anbd are light weight so not bad gloves

Are the Boom Boom 5 star pads light? And whats the RRP in the UK for them?

My boom boom 3 star bat is on the way and it will be delivered to me tomorrow inshallah. Also looking to buy 5 star pads and 4 star gloves next week. Edit--I'll do a full review on thursday after I use and test it out properly.

Please Share Some Pictures Of It.

Thanks.

Personally I'd go to Millat Sports which is located in Shahalami, there prices are good and they are what it is suppose to be. Plus they have quality stuff (have heard from many people) plus many international players use there bats. Here is there telephone number;

0423-7671433

There store is big one as well and I always wanted to go there but couldn't go there. Call them for exact directions and stuff.

You are right CD bhai,

Millat sport a good store and a famous one, my father went there when he was in pak in the first week of january and bought 2 bats, gloves pads etcc
He told me that they have a decent stock plus you can have every types of bats,, and prices are really good.
He paid around Rs 10500 for my Ca plus 10000 And Rs 6500 for Sher amin.
BUT the first thing he told me is that its really difficult to go there because its in Shahalami and if your are not 100% lahori its quite difficult loll because of rush and small streets of Shahalami …

If you have any question please don't hesitate, i can ask him.

You are right CD bhai,

Millat sport a good store and a famous one, my father went there when he was in pak in the first week of january and bought 2 bats, gloves pads etcc
He told me that they have a decent stock plus you can have every types of bats,, and prices are really good.
He paid around Rs 10500 for my Ca plus 10000 And Rs 6500 for Sher amin.
BUT the first thing he told me is that its really difficult to go there because its in Shahalami and if your are not 100% lahori its quite difficult loll because of rush and small streets of Shahalami …

If you have any question please don't hesitate, i can ask him.

JazakAllah Khair, for sharing your experience.

Yes, Shahalami is quite far and is in Main Lahore so if you live in Defence, Kent etc then it gets a bit difficult for you to go there.

Millat Sports is basically UT Sports of Lahore.

Bhai, picture(s) of your bats, gloves, pads etc would be great :).

JazakAllah Khair

Oh acha, sorry bhai mey thora sa confused hoon, kyun kay agar aap Ihsan ki website pey deykhen to BB bats bhi dhikaray hain.

Oh acha, sorry bhai mey thora sa confused hoon, kyun kay agar aap Ihsan ki website pey deykhen to BB bats bhi dhikaray hain.

Jee app right hoo, yes that is the case. Even if you go at CA's website you'll see Woodworm's banner.

Yes, Boom Boom pads, bats, gloves etc are made by Ihsan in Pakistan.

However, I'm not too sure who make new Boom Boom stuff because the one Umar Gul was wearing in test matches didn't look Ihsan made to me.

Millat Sports is a very good shop. And they have some really good bats and other stuff!

Yes, Boom Boom pads, bats, gloves etc are made by Ihsan in Pakistan.

However, I'm not too sure who make new Boom Boom stuff because the one Umar Gul was wearing in test matches didn't look Ihsan made to me.
Umar Gul previously used SFpads and SFgloves with boom boom logos on them. In the recent test match his boom boom pads looked exactly same design as new CA plus pads. What evermade his gloves were, they looked horrible.. possibly the worst designed gloves I've ever seen.

Good job mate :14:!

It would be great if you post pictures/review of everything together, I'm sure everyone would like to see Boom Boom stuff!

Oh okay, but if its convenient for you then feel free to create and write "first impression" review in a separate thread.

JazakAllah Khair

It is a Grade 3 bat plus the biggest risk is that you're not sure if that bat will be genuine or not and second risk is that it is a gamble purchase because you don't know how that bat will feel in your hands etc.

So since you're in UK I would say pay a visit to Globe Sports and check what they have there.

Everyone have a different view of answering that question and in my opinion that it is not that bad nor it is the best.

The best is Grade 1 or Grade 1+ whereas Grade 3/4 is the lowest one, you can do your math and figure out where it stands.

In that price you can get Grade 1 from Pakistan but it won't be Boom Boom perhaps AS.

I have a £100 price range and I am from the UK. Should I purchase a boom boom 125 bat or which other bat? Thanks.

Nope not yet.:fawad Have too many other bats I would use before I get around to usin Boom Boom. I might not even use the Boom Boom in indoor nets because I dont usually use my best bats in the nets. Have u still not seen my review??

Last edited:
Okay, today Saj Bhai got an email from Boom Boom and there were misconceptions flying over the forums so here is there response so if anyone has any question(s) feel free to ask me and I'll ask Boom Boom people;

Hope you are well. Saj, I have been browsing the blog and find that there are a lot of misconceptions about the difference between our UK range of 175, 150 and 130 - compared to the 5, 4, and 3 star ranges in Pakistan.Actually, the main difference is that the 5,4 and 3 Star bats are designed specifically keeping Pakistan playing conditions in mind. What I mean is that in Pakistan, the wicket is harder and the ball is generally harder as well as you will already know. Also, another major consideration has been the fact that in Pakistan, the bat gets used more year-round and the 5,4,3 star bats have been made with this consideration in mind.Our recommendation is that these bats will not be as effective for use in the UK playing conditions.

Nope not yet.:fawad Have too many other bats I would use before I get around to usin Boom Boom. I might not even use the Boom Boom in indoor nets because I dont usually use my best bats in the nets. Have u still not seen my review??

Have you used it now?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking to buy a new bat. Any recommendations?

Are these Boom Boom bats any good? Also what is the difference between their three ranges:
Signature, Accelerator and Blaze?

Budget around £200.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I'm looking to buy a new bat. Any recommendations?

Are these Boom Boom bats any good? Also what is the difference between their three ranges:
Signature, Accelerator and Blaze?

Budget around £200.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Boom Boom bats are just heaps of hype and a high price tags as far as I'm concerned. You'd be far better off checking out the offerings from real equipment manufacturers.

If you're interested in Pakistani bats, CA is my personal favourite while Kookaburra and GM are my picks in respect to English bats.

Looks like you're in the UK, so stopping by a shop would serve you well as there are plenty of options within your budget.

Good luck

English? Kookaburra are Australian (not that the bats are made there).

Yes, I realize that Kookaburra is an Australian company, I just tend to group them in with the English brands for the hell of it.

Not much of what Kook does is done in Australia anyhow.

boom boom 2 star

Can anyone link me a valid website thats not a fraud selling boom boom 2 star signature bats for not a hefty price thanks !!! Also make sure its willow or whatever so i can use in cricket club thanks I am in UK :afridi

a.o.a everyone... i just wanted to ask a lil question.. hope u guyz will help me with this... as boom boom contracted ahmed shehzad as brand ambassador for their accelerator bats but in the last match he came with boom boom signature (i think it was afridis).... so, i wanted to ask dat is he allowed to do so or has he disobeyed the contract??? have ur say plz..

I think he's ok, because at least he was using BoomBoom's bats. However if he had came out with a different brand altogether, then he might have been in trouble., that's just what I think though, I may be wrong. But it's still not good to go against your contract, I mean you will never see Mike Hussey using a Kahuna, or Jonathan Trott using a Flare.

I think he's ok, because at least he was using BoomBoom's bats. However if he had came out with a different brand altogether, then he might have been in trouble., that's just what I think though, I may be wrong. But it's still not good to go against your contract, I mean you will never see Mike Hussey using a Kahuna, or Jonathan Trott using a Flare.

^^yup mate.... dats wat i meant.... thanx btw for havin ur say:)

Its fine I think, as long it is Boom Boom they won't have much of a problem.

Oh I must say Ahmed Shahzad really like Afridi and so he does his stuff. Malik Zulfiqar would tell me that Ahmed would take Afridi's bat etc

Its fine I think, as long it is Boom Boom they won't have much of a problem.

Oh I must say Ahmed Shahzad really like Afridi and so he does his stuff. Malik Zulfiqar would tell me that Ahmed would take Afridi's bat etc
not only bats but his style of running, throwing action, his hair n his bowling action (which he ruined for the sake of bowling like afridi)... actually in an interview he said dat i want as much a fame as afridi has...may ALLAH bless him wid lots of succes... ameen

Back