Boom Boom Signature 175 Soft Range Review

Cover Drive

Senior ODI Player
Runs
So after seeing 2011 Boom Boom gear, I was impressed and wanted to try the pads and gloves because I believe they look brilliant! So I didn't have to look any where because www.pakpassion.net was selling them so I was more than happy to order with them because in past I have ordered Pakistan jerseys from them and I was pleased with their service :)

Products

Pads;

When I got the pads I didn't have enough time to try them so in the evenings I spend good 30 or so minutes with them seeing how they are etc.

First thing I would mention here is the weight of the pads, they are extremely light in fact they are lighter than my 2009 Maroon Puma Iridium 6000 FXT pads! :O So when I wore the pads I hardly felt anything and they wrap very well on your legs and feel great! When I wore them one thing I really liked was that the knee cap would perfectly fit onto my knee and I for a minute felt they were custom made pads for me :))

However, I believe nothing in this world is perfect so one downside with the pads is that the top strap is not what I wanted. I don't like to wear pads a bit loose so I tighten the straps and usually most of the strap part is poping out but with the pads the top strap is not like that :(. I mean when I wear it and fully tighten them then it won't stick as one part of velcro is not long enough, you understand what I mean? It is sort of hard to explain but I hope you get my point.

Apart from that the top strap is wide so when I bend it hurts (not a lot of course but little) and it makes me slightly uncomfortable. I guess if Boom Boom had the top strap a bit lower then it would have been better indeed.

Gloves;

Now coming onto gloves, they are top top notch gloves, I love them! Since I am wearing them for the first time in my life they are a bit stiff and will require a bit of breaking in if I spend one hour with them maximum. However, I wore the pads and gloves and was doing shadow batting and within a while I got used to the gloves.

I have tried and owned lots of gloves and the best ones I have ever worn are 2011 Salix Pod Black gloves they are just something else! After that it is Puma Iridium 5000 then SS Millienium Pro and then if it is any gloves then it is these Signature 175 gloves!

The pittard palm is exactly the one used in Kinetic 5000 gloves which is thick and has good feel, I have been using these for the first time but they are not very bad.

Overall Quality of the Products

One thing that had impressed me the most is the quality of the pads and gloves! They are of exceptional quality, the finishing and everything is top top notch! I was impressed with boom Boom's product quality because to be honest I was not expecting them to be made this good!

Last year Boom Boom softs were made in Pakistan but now they have shifted to India, not a bad move in fact. So the quality has sky-rocketed now I would say. I don't want to know shoot names but the softs packaging, softs itself etc look a lot similar to others I have.

Service;

So I ordered the pads last week and they were shipped on 17th and I got them today (20th). I wasn't expecting them so early but I guess service of Saj Bhai at www.pakpassion.net was amazing as he handled my order with urgency and I got the stuff quickly! So overall the service was brilliant as I mention earlier.

If you have any question(s) then please don't hesitate to ask me :)

Take Care!

Enjoy the pictures :)

DSC05916.jpg

DSC05917.jpg

DSC05919.jpg

DSC05928.jpg

Last edited:
great looking softs! and i totally understand where you are coming from with the top straps i also like to wear my pads very tight. also the top strap, i also prefer mine to be a little shorter in WIDTH so when i bend my knees i dont feel pain because of my straps being so tight. i also prefer 3 straps just it doesnt wobble that much when i run between wickets. other than that, good design, exceptional colours nothing too crazy. you should be very happy

Last edited:
great looking softs! and i totally understand where you are coming from with the top straps i also like to wear my pads very tight. also the top strap, i also prefer mine to be a little shorter in WIDTH so when i bend my knees i dont feel pain because of my straps being so tight. other than that, good design, exceptional colours nothing too crazy. you should be very happy

Oh thanks for bringing it up, the top strap is wide so when I am bending my knee it hurts and feel a bit awkward. I guess if Boom Boom had made the strap a bit lower it would have been better.

Cheers Josh :)

great looking softs! and i totally understand where you are coming from with the top straps i also like to wear my pads very tight. also the top strap, i also prefer mine to be a little shorter in WIDTH so when i bend my knees i dont feel pain because of my straps being so tight. i also prefer 3 straps just it doesnt wobble that much when i run between wickets. other than that, good design, exceptional colours nothing too crazy. you should be very happy

Just read this bolded part and I haven't tried these pads in nets yet but they wobble if top strap is lose but when I tighten it then its fine.

Boom boomm

Cover bhai, nice pads n gloves bro, they look amazinggg. Very stylish, n I hope just as good. saj bhai helped me purchase the 175 signature bat so im waiting on that. Inshallah ill review it soon. Now after your review, I feel like getting these too. Do you recommend it?
Regardless, great review :)

Cover bhai, nice pads n gloves bro, they look amazinggg. Very stylish, n I hope just as good. saj bhai helped me purchase the 175 signature bat so im waiting on that. Inshallah ill review it soon. Now after your review, I feel like getting these too. Do you recommend it?
Regardless, great review :)

No worries yaar, thanks for the kind words!

I am not showing off here or anything but I have used lots of brand softs (gloves in particular) and when I rate them 4/5th best I have used then I really mean it (talking about gloves here).

Personally I wasn't expecting Boom Boom stuff to be as good as what I got to be honest, I was impressed at the end.

So I would definitely recommend them, do you mind if I ask which pads/gloves you are currently using?

As far Saj Bhai is concerned he is just a top top bloke.

No prob at all cover bhai, im using SS tournament pro gloves right now. Theyre not that bad, but these boom boom ones look sleek n lightt. Kya khayal hai?

I weighed both pads and gloves and the gloves are around 380 grams while pads (a pair) are 1463 grams.

Both pads and gloves are quite light and they are very good quality. The only issue I have with pads is top straps as I explained above, if you like to have top strap lose and have big legs then you will be set but I am really not in a problem with that problem as I can always fold them and wear them.

I would say if you can afford then go ahead buy them mere bhai they are worth every penny I must say.

Am I right in saying that Afridi uses the gloves and bat but not the pads?
All the pictures I've seen of Afridi with his new Boom Boom stuff show him wearing a set of AS Pads which are just stickered up as boom boom?

CD I was looking at the full range of boom boom pads and noticed one of their pads have a very different kind of strap. I haven't seen it in pads before.
it's either the Razzaq red range or the fawad blue range.

How much did you get them for all up CD? I'm actually possibly interested in buying ... shipping prices for pads are the main issue.

CD I was looking at the full range of boom boom pads and noticed one of their pads have a very different kind of strap. I haven't seen it in pads before.
it's either the Razzaq red range or the fawad blue range.

I think its both Accelerator and Blaze range, have a look;

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?p=3640981

How much did you get them for all up CD? I'm actually possibly interested in buying ... shipping prices for pads are the main issue.

Around £170 including postage, customs etc.

Shipping was like £25 [I think] for pads and gloves to Canada

170 for 1 pair of gloves and 1 pair of pads? that feels a bit expensive compared to other asian brands. would you say its worth the price tag??

Yeah ... that's a ridiculous price tag.

CD that's close to $270 AUD. You could get two pairs of the top of the line GN, GM or Kooka pads for that much.

Back