CA 12000, TRD, Boom Boom, Bubber sher

AtifUk

Tape Ball Regular
Runs
Im in Lahore at the moment, been quoted 21,800 for a Trd, 17,100 for a 12000, 18,500 for a Boom Boom.. at a shop called International Sports in Gulberg..

Bubber sher was around 15 and a Sher Amin is around 7..

Just want some opinions.. Which bat should I go for, If I should bother going to Sialkot instead of buying in Lahore..

Asalamalakium Atif Bhai,

How are you? Long time no see bro, hope everything is well with you. How's your Newbery going ?

I have seen all of those bats and I would say it would be one bat from MB Malik Limited Edition and CA 12000 TRD LE. Both of these bats are very good and I rate them high.

I would not specificallly say which one is better because this depends to you. I mean go to the store and try the bats out and see which one feels good in your hand. Feel is very important because you will be using the bat and it should feel good in your hands, some bats might feel good in your hands and they might not feel great in my hand so since you are in Lahore and have oppurtunity to feel and buy the bat then feel one of these two and go for either one and I am sure you will not be disappointed as both are great sticks (That is VERRRRRYYYYY long run on LOL)

Was in rush so pardon me for mistake(s)

Hope this helps.

Take Care

Bro, along with 12000 trd, you can try the new 12000 lala edition... From the pics i have seen, 12000 trd and 12000 lala look the same...

I got my 12000 trd for 21000pkr from Sialkot, so the price you are getting from Lahore is ok.

Thanks guys, I want to go for the TRD, the dukaandaar was trying to over convince me into buying the 12000, and thats made me lean towards the TRD.. Also thinking of buying another bat around 6-7 thousand range, he's quoted the sher amin for around that much..

Little bit skeptical about the nakli/Asli problem in Pakistan. So i'm trying to stay away from Chuburgi and Anarkali, although there's no guarantee I won't get conned in Gulberg.

Asalamalakium Atif Bhai,

How are you? Long time no see bro, hope everything is well with you. How's your Newbery going ?

I have seen all of those bats and I would say it would be one bat from MB Malik Limited Edition and CA 12000 TRD LE. Both of these bats are very good and I rate them high.

I would not specificallly say which one is better because this depends to you. I mean go to the store and try the bats out and see which one feels good in your hand. Feel is very important because you will be using the bat and it should feel good in your hands, some bats might feel good in your hands and they might not feel great in my hand so since you are in Lahore and have oppurtunity to feel and buy the bat then feel one of these two and go for either one and I am sure you will not be disappointed as both are great sticks (That is VERRRRRYYYYY long run on LOL)

Was in rush so pardon me for mistake(s)

Hope this helps.

Take Care

Im fine brother, thanks for asking. What about yourself? Find any good stores during your stay in Lahore?

Newberry has been good. My batting has come leaps and bounds, the balance is wonderful, really good for getting your rust treated ;)

Although I now feel I need a slightly more powerful bat since I'm timing the ball alot better, Also the pitches here in Norway might suit something like a TRD or a 12000.

Atif Bhai, in Lahore I would say buy from Millat Sports. They are in Shahalmi and I have heard they seller 100% Original stuff and even test cricketers buy from there. I would say go there as there prices are the best and they have good quality stuff. There number is : 04237671433

For CA's authencity make sure it has twop hologram silver sticker one round one which will say 'VIP' and second one will have 'CA' trade mark logo.

In 6-7K you can get Sher Amin and AS V3 both are very good bats.

Hope this helps

Atif, are you the one who plays for Oppsal in 3rd Division? Good thing you are buying a new bat, I remember our express bowler broke your bat last year with a ferocious yorker.:gul Hehe, joke:)

But you should go for CA 12000 TRD, everyone is saying that is the best bat in Pakistan at the moment. And CA bats perform well in Norway... Or maybe a Boom Boom.:afridi

Atif, are you the one who plays for Oppsal in 3rd Division? Good thing you are buying a new bat, I remember our express bowler broke your bat last year with a ferocious yorker.:gul Hehe, joke:)

But you should go for CA 12000 TRD, everyone is saying that is the best bat in Pakistan at the moment. And CA bats perform well in Norway... Or maybe a Boom Boom.:afridi

Nei bhai, that's not me.

CD, I ended up buying a CA 12000 and a random fake bat which had good grains and and balance (SS Elite) but im sure it's not an SS.

I'll post pics soon but I bought the CA for 15,000 and Gloves for 1400.. These prices sound right to you?

CA 12000 not TRD right ?

Would it be possible for you to upload pictures ? Pricewise it sounds perfectly fine as that is correct price, do you mind if I ask where did you buy it from (name and place of the shop).

Also yaar why did you buy that fake bat knowing it is fake ?

Im in Lahore at the moment, been quoted 21,800 for a Trd, 17,100 for a 12000, 18,500 for a Boom Boom.. at a shop called International Sports in Gulberg..

Bubber sher was around 15 and a Sher Amin is around 7..

Just want some opinions.. Which bat should I go for, If I should bother going to Sialkot instead of buying in Lahore..

That shop isnt cheap. Call CA first and ask them if u can come. Dont go otherwise.

Umeed is that it is real, Looks and feels like the original so im pretty sure it is. Mrk I play for Sinsen B brother.

I'll upload some photo's soon.. it's night time so maybe the quality won't be so great..

Here's the pics for the CA :

Attachments

• SDC10589.jpg
    SDC10589.jpg
    488.6 KB · Views: 993
  • SDC10598.jpg
    SDC10598.jpg
    495.1 KB · Views: 970
Grains..

Attachments

• SDC10599.jpg
    SDC10599.jpg
    488.7 KB · Views: 992
  • SDC10601.jpg
    SDC10601.jpg
    492.3 KB · Views: 993
The SS I bought for just 3000 rupees, I think it's a good bat for the price..

Attachments

• SDC10606.jpg
    SDC10606.jpg
    489.1 KB · Views: 908
  • SDC10614.jpg
    SDC10614.jpg
    493.7 KB · Views: 962
Nice looking bats bhai.

Can't see properly, so would you mind telling me how many grains are on the SS Elite.

CA is original and nice grains too.

SS is definitely fake -might be Grade 4 English (with some coloring of the willow) or overdried Kashmir willow.

What weight is the SS? Feel much different to the CA?

The buyer AtifUK himself knows and admitted above SS is not genuine but he paid Rs. 3000 for it so not a bad bat considering the price to be honest.

The CA has beautiful balance, So many people have held it and asked if I want to sell (even though it needs a lot of knocking in and the ping isn't great right now. I used it in the Indoor league and ended up the highest averaging batsmen in the winning squad :)

But I want to prepare it properly before I use it. As for the SS, it's turned out to be a great investment, I tried it for the first time in a match and ended up making 87 and hit 2 sixes with it towards the long boundary. It's got a great middle and the balance is good too, it gives off a weird sound when you don't middle the ball but which bat doesn't.

I'm not sure about the weight on the SS but it's on the heavier side, Heavier then my 2.10 CA.

Unfortunately though CD Bhai, the Newberry must be depressed, I tried it once in the nets this year and the SS felt better compared to it. Maybe It needs a long knocking in session along with the CA.

Last edited:
But I want to prepare it properly before I use it. As for the SS, it's turned out to be a great investment, I tried it for the first time in a match and ended up making 87 and hit 2 sixes with it towards the long boundary. It's got a great middle and the balance is good too, it gives off a weird sound when you don't middle the ball but which bat doesn't.

Salam bhai.

It's a small world, isn't it? That match was against my team :)
I did not play in that game, that is why we lost :inzi

Salam bhai.

It's a small world, isn't it? That match was against my team :)
I did not play in that game, that is why we lost :inzi
Mortensrud right? The world is tiny brother, Im so fed up with my team, I mean today I witnessed something sooo laughable, field change after EVERY ball or atleast 90% of the time with 5 people setting the field. Then I got dropped to Number 5 to accomodate every hitter in the team coming up the order even though we needed 7.5 an over. 50-4 when I came in needing another 120 off 15 overs. Bit of a rant from me here but everything from a-z was terrible for someone like me who watches cricket regularly (even test matches). Basically one bad performance after around 7-8 consecutive good knocks with 4 match winning ones and the captain felt I wasn't good enough to score at my regular strike rate.

The CA has beautiful balance, So many people have held it and asked if I want to sell (even though it needs a lot of knocking in and the ping isn't great right now. I used it in the Indoor league and ended up the highest averaging batsmen in the winning squad :)

I'm not sure about the weight on the SS but it's on the heavier side, Heavier then my 2.10 CA.

Unfortunately though CD Bhai, the Newberry must be depressed, I tried it once in the nets this year and the SS felt better compared to it. Maybe It needs a long knocking in session along with the CA.

Great to hear that your CA is serving you well.

I must say you turned out to be lucky to get such good SS for Rs. 3000, it is a bargain to be had to be honest.

Uhmm are you able to middle the ball properly ? :20:

It will take it bit of time to open up but yours was already knocked and everything, I'm surprised to be honest.

Mortensrud right? The world is tiny brother, Im so fed up with my team, I mean today I witnessed something sooo laughable, field change after EVERY ball or atleast 90% of the time with 5 people setting the field. Then I got dropped to Number 5 to accomodate every hitter in the team coming up the order even though we needed 7.5 an over. 50-4 when I came in needing another 120 off 15 overs. Bit of a rant from me here but everything from a-z was terrible for someone like me who watches cricket regularly (even test matches). Basically one bad performance after around 7-8 consecutive good knocks with 4 match winning ones and the captain felt I wasn't good enough to score at my regular strike rate.

Hm... What if someone there reads this? =P
Haha, how old are you btw?

I heard your team had a lot of seniors :inzi :moyo :yk :misbah

Btw, not to derail this thread but I made MY debut a few days ago, went as an opener and made 19 from 58 (typo on the scorecard, says 38 :()

Anyway, it was HOT and I was there for 23 out of 30 overs, LOL. Was fun. Then I kind of sacrificed my wicket before the batting PP in a run out trying to give the strike to my partner who could hit a few. Funny story we were 90/1 or something at that stage and collapsed to 137/9 after my dismissal :afridi

Everyone was saying it was a :misbah'esque performance, and I topped it off by playing the legendary :misbah shot, didn't connect though, but hit my glove.

And yeah, my last 11 runs was at a strike rate of more than a 100 :afridi according to a mate. So I made 8 from 50 balls or something, lol.

Last edited:
I wish somebody reads this as listening is not the norm so maybe reading is. Yaar i'm 24, I train with a few different teams just for the extra cricket and experience, could link up for some training.

Very very nice bats, can you show us pictures of your Newbery and which one is it ?

I wish somebody reads this as listening is not the norm so maybe reading is. Yaar i'm 24, I train with a few different teams just for the extra cricket and experience, could link up for some training.

can you bowl some as well?
we and the guys often meet up in the nets just to have a few cracks :afridi :akhtar

maybe you could join us once?

Cool, can I look you up on Facebook?
The buoyz are going to play in the nets tomorrow, but I have to make a short trip abroad so I guess you can join us next week.

Or maybe I can PM a mod that can send me your email?

Last edited:
Hi,does any1 know where i can get ca 15000,and how much is it for,or a ca 12000 trd in lahore?

I thought it'd be good to give a little review on how these bats came along.

The fake SS didnt last long. (Less than half a season and it split in half).

The C.A was going well but it cracked beggining of this season. It seems repairable though, not sure so ill post some pics soon.

Now it's not in this thread but i had bought a Krakatoa players not long before i bought these and what can I say. Its getting better with age and it hits better than the CA did at its peak.

So to summarise, i'll only be buying pakistani bats for the rainy matches and net sessions. (Bubber sher seems a decent choice at the mo) and inshAllah i have my heart on a Laver and Wood as my next bat. (The mrs has been told what i want for my birthday)

Last edited:
Hi Gents, I have a question, I live in Melbourne.

I ordered a CA Players Edition 25th July from the CA Factory via Hamza ($470 paid via paypal). Those chaps havent delivered the
bat and its been over a month. Every time I call them its one excuse or the other. They gave me tracking number for pakistan post international parcels and it doesnt work(the website doesnt recognise it). Has any one else had problems with CA. Customer service is
pathetic, those guys dont seem to care if they loose life time customers.

ive pretty much given up hope on seeing the bat or the money. seems like its bye bye CA and hello GM.

Hi Gents, I have a question, I live in Melbourne.

I ordered a CA Players Edition 25th July from the CA Factory via Hamza ($470 paid via paypal). Those chaps havent delivered the
bat and its been over a month. Every time I call them its one excuse or the other. They gave me tracking number for pakistan post international parcels and it doesnt work(the website doesnt recognise it). Has any one else had problems with CA. Customer service is
pathetic, those guys dont seem to care if they loose life time customers.

ive pretty much given up hope on seeing the bat or the money. seems like its bye bye CA and hello GM.

Immediately open a dispute case against CA in PayPal and you will surely get your money back for a minimum.

Read some of my posts on CA in this forum section.
You prolly will get your bat but trust me, CA has one of the worst EVER customer service for a cricket company.

Their high end bats are simply over dried, extremely low pressed pieces of timber to achieve the big edges in light weight. And then, they have the guts to put a "ready to play" sticker on top of it. You must knock it for a good 12 hours before taking it to a game or nets.

And wait till you contact them after the bat has been received. They won't even recognize you even if you have paid a million dollars for the bat.
They simply DO NOT stand behind their product.

And for the same price u paid, a top notch English bat maker will whittle you a professionally pressed willow with awesome moisture content for a bat that will come with a one year warranty.

Matter of fact you can perhaps get a screaming cat in about the same price range - and trust me, a CA bat is a piece of bovine excrement in front of a screaming cat.

I am surprised that you are in Australia and you want to buy CA instead of a SC?
Talk to Julian, he is a great guy and won't disappoint you with his work of art.

Last edited:
Thanks Freebird,
yep definitely heading in that direction. I might try the Millichamp or if nothing else ill just go down to the Greg Chappel store (cant wait much longer, havent been to cricket training once cause i didnt have a bat). Never ever buying anything off the internet period, well not from dodgy suppliers anyway.

Thanks Freebird,
yep definitely heading in that direction. I might try the Millichamp or if nothing else ill just go down to the Greg Chappel store (cant wait much longer, havent been to cricket training once cause i didnt have a bat). Never ever buying anything off the internet period, well not from dodgy suppliers anyway.

Yep, and if you get your money back from Paypal and still obsessed with a CA's player edition then check Ebay item # 161400622761
And try to cut a deal with the seller. You will get a better service than the original CA factory.

It's a freaking 42 mm edged in 2.7 -

Yep, and if you get your money back from Paypal and still obsessed with a CA's player edition then check Ebay item # 161400622761
And try to cut a deal with the seller. You will get a better service than the original CA factory.

It's a freaking 42 mm edged in 2.7 -

Bats finally arrived after 45 days, its not bad actually, lol the sticker says 2.7 but its actually just over 2.8, but thats fine given that its got 42mil edges. im going to oil it to the s**t A@@ and thatll take the weight to around 2.9. They left the face sheet on the handle like I asked so i can oil it, knock it and then put the face sheet on. It does pick up like a comfortable 2.8 though. The handle is ovalish too which is what i asked. First thing i did in disgust was take that eye sore of a sticker "fully knocked" off.
ill be giving it a good 6-10 hour knock before i take it to the nets given that the one i got last year for a club mate broke at the tow and i think he could have knocked it a little longer.

Last edited:
Back