Clashes in Melbourne, Australia between Khalistanis and Indians

TSA321

Tape Ball Captain
Runs
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Clash between Sikh and Hindu diaspora in Melbourne, Australia. Indian diaspora used to be a peace-loving, law-abiding, & hard-working diaspora! <a href="https://t.co/26fO5mOqix">pic.twitter.com/26fO5mOqix</a></p>— Ashok Swain (@ashoswai) <a href="https://twitter.com/ashoswai/status/1619722772820926465?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 29, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">VIOLENT SCENES AT FEDERATION SQUARE.<br><br>There were violent scenes in Melbourne today as members of the Sikh community voted in a referendum on whether to establish a separate Sikh state in India. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Khalistan?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Khalistan</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/KhalistanReferendum?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#KhalistanReferendum</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Khalistanis?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Khalistanis</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Melbourne?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Melbourne</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/federationsquare?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#federationsquare</a> <a href="https://t.co/vxSFjNkZMe">pic.twitter.com/vxSFjNkZMe</a></p>— Wyndham TV (@wyndhamtv) <a href="https://twitter.com/wyndhamtv/status/1619665790931963905?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 29, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Khalistani gang must ask for a separate country in Canada. They have a better chance with Trudeau than with Modi or anyone ruling India.

Hindutva thugs ran away like a bunch of Cats without a fight afterall there was no Indian Police or Army to support them here. :))

WTH is wrong with both these side and also Melbourne police. They need to arrest
everyone involved in the violence.

Khalistanis are surely dumb as soup, so no point even trying to put logic in their brains. But these Indians, why stop Khalistanis protesting? Let Khalistanis protest and have their referendum. It’s not like they will get it in Punjab. They might be able to get Khalistan in Toronto.

WTH is wrong with both these side and also Melbourne police. They need to arrest
everyone involved in the violence.

Khalistanis are surely dumb as soup, so no point even trying to put logic in their brains. But these Indians, why stop Khalistanis protesting? Let Khalistanis protest and have their referendum. It’s not like they will get it in Punjab. They might be able to get Khalistan in Toronto.

Exactly. Let them protest as much as they want outside India.

Khalistanis in Australia want a referendum for Khalistan in India :)))

That's as useful as a change.org petition lol.

Any truly patriotic overseas Indian would just laugh at them and stay at home. That's why I'm convinced every one of those Indians running is a Modi fan which made the scenes very enjoyable, I must confess.
[MENTION=428]Romali_rotti[/MENTION] Hope you didn't go there bud. I saw one guy in the 2nd video running real fast. Pace is pace yaar :))

Any truly patriotic overseas Indian would just laugh at them and stay at home. That's why I'm convinced every one of those Indians running is a Modi fan which made the scenes very enjoyable, I must confess.
[MENTION=428]Romali_rotti[/MENTION] Hope you didn't go there bud. I saw one guy in the 2nd video running real fast. Pace is pace yaar :))

Yup. Has to be the likes of andhbhakts. Normal Indians would just mock them.

I have noticed more and more that overseas singhs call themselves Punjabi rather than Indian.

I think the Khalistan movement is gaining steam and I wonder if india is in denial about it or doesn’t talk about so as not to give attention.

I’ve met Sikhs mainly in three regions and support for Khalistan varies but is not insignificant. The Sikhs I’ve met in Europe and Germany in particular are mostly for india. Only 15-20% maybe are for Khalistan. In the US, I’d say it’s hovering around 50% support with stronger support in California and not as much on east coast and Texas. But it was really in Toronto where it was shocking. Almost every Sikh I came across was openly in support of Khalistan including having picture of the Bhindrawale guy in their cars or place of work. It really was eye opening.

It seems that the more recent the immigrant, lesser the support but there’s also this thing that the overseas Sikhs do send a lot of remittances so they do have a say

I think the Khalistan movement is gaining steam and I wonder if india is in denial about it or doesn’t talk about so as not to give attention.

I’ve met Sikhs mainly in three regions and support for Khalistan varies but is not insignificant. The Sikhs I’ve met in Europe and Germany in particular are mostly for india. Only 15-20% maybe are for Khalistan. In the US, I’d say it’s hovering around 50% support with stronger support in California and not as much on east coast and Texas. But it was really in Toronto where it was shocking. Almost every Sikh I came across was openly in support of Khalistan including having picture of the Bhindrawale guy in their cars or place of work. It really was eye opening.

It seems that the more recent the immigrant, lesser the support but there’s also this thing that the overseas Sikhs do send a lot of remittances so they do have a say

Mostly in Canada and UK actually.

The volume is growing a bit for sure especially due to some rappers/ singers who think rebellious lyrics are cool and some youngsters especially in these countries who get influenced with such ideas.

Not taking a dig but more or less like some young vulnerable Muslims who grew up in the west who end up joining isis or other such groups just because they think of it as a rebellion or adventure.

So apparently the Indians first vandalized the bhindrawale posters which ticked off the Sikhs

Khalistan has massive support in places like Brampton ( Canada ), Yuba City ( California ), Southall ( UK ) where most Sikhs migrated in the 80s when the movement was at its peak. But in recent years the movement has mostly faded barring a noisy fringe. Younger generation of Punjabis have mostly moved away. Its now mostly a immigrant thing - mostly the 2nd and 3rd generation migrants now

Also the support for Khalistan mostly a Jatt SIkh thing. Other sikh communities like Khatri, Mazhabi, Ramgharia generally stay away. One reason support for Khalistan is so prominent overseas is most migrants tend be Jatt Sikhs

On a different note - these so called " Indians " should stay away from these Khalistan protests and referendum. These Khalistan supporters want clashes with " Hindus " to garner headlines and by launching counter-protests these " Hindu " guys are walking into the trap. Such clashes only make things worse for majority Hindu and Sikh diaspora who don't support such things

To be fair Sikhs have genuine grievances against India. What India did to them in 1984 is unpardonable - despite everything Sikhs have done for India whether in military or agriculture ! Few communities have done as much for India as the Sikhs and in return they got terrible mass murder and sacrilege of their holiest temple

The only way forward is peaceful reconciliation and justice for 1984

Change.org once over 100k sign is then debated in parliament. This is not something India would understand.

As or the Sikhs, totally support them. Hindutva extremists even try to intimidate Muslims in the UK :)) Of course they ran.

Sikhs are too strong for Hindutva idiots anywhere in the world.

India's punjab region should be given to Sikhs as their homeland. Pakistani pujbab cant be given as its not part of India and only a few thousand Sikhs live there.

Damn these Djokovic and Nadal fans
khalistanis will soon become a terrorist organisation with this kind of mob behavior

Last edited:
Change.org once over 100k sign is then debated in parliament. This is not something India would understand.

As or the Sikhs, totally support them. Hindutva extremists even try to intimidate Muslims in the UK :)) Of course they ran.

Sikhs are too strong for Hindutva idiots anywhere in the world.

India's punjab region should be given to Sikhs as their homeland. Pakistani pujbab cant be given as its not part of India and only a few thousand Sikhs live there.

Pakistan's building a sikh city in Kartarpur and Pakistan the spiritual homeland, from Rawalpindi, through Multan vis Lahore

Pakistan's building a sikh city in Kartarpur and Pakistan the spiritual homeland, from Rawalpindi, through Multan vis Lahore

Acc to atheists all humans spiritual homeland is the Congo. Its like saying the Jews own the holy hand because their book says so. We have to live based on demographics, the Sikhs mainly live in Indian punjab, the area is big enough to accomadate all Sikhs in the world.

As per the original plan for Khalistan - the capital will be Lahore. Pretty sure Pakistan will help in that :ua

Damn these Djokovic and Nadal fans
khalistanis will soon become a terrorist organisation with this kind of mob behavior

The Australian police should have brought a DJ and played Guru Randhawa and AP Dhillon. That place wud have truned into a bhangra center

Those who support khalistan only for hatred towards india should remember that khalistan also includes part of Pakistan as well
And major providence of Pakistan is actually called punjab as well

Those who support khalistan only for hatred towards india should remember that khalistan also includes part of Pakistan as well
And major providence of Pakistan is actually called punjab as well

Pakistan and India maybe both give a part to the Sikhs. That’s fair ??

As per the original plan for Khalistan - the capital will be Lahore. Pretty sure Pakistan will help in that :ua

Precisely. Either the people who built the corridor and the university Town are evil or just stupid. Most certainly the latter

To be fair Sikhs have genuine grievances against India. What India did to them in 1984 is unpardonable - despite everything Sikhs have done for India whether in military or agriculture ! Few communities have done as much for India as the Sikhs and in return they got terrible mass murder and sacrilege of their holiest temple

The only way forward is peaceful reconciliation and justice for 1984

What happened to Sikhs in1984 is unpardonable. But what were Bhindranwale and his followers doing to non sikhs?

I don't understand why sikh need a separate country of their own, I don't see any motive , support or chance of any success for those separists .

No. I was curious if they used Kirpans.

Check post #3 for clarification.

But, I do hope that Khalistanis will get their country.

Nope. I am a Proud Indian Sikh.. and there will never be any Khalistan. Do you know why? because for 1 Bought out such Khalistani there are 100s of Sikhs in Indian Punjab who don't even think of separating from India.
So you dreams are understandable, but it will never happen.

Khalistan has massive support in places like Brampton ( Canada ), Yuba City ( California ), Southall ( UK ) where most Sikhs migrated in the 80s when the movement was at its peak. But in recent years the movement has mostly faded barring a noisy fringe. Younger generation of Punjabis have mostly moved away. Its now mostly a immigrant thing - mostly the 2nd and 3rd generation migrants now

Also the support for Khalistan mostly a Jatt SIkh thing. Other sikh communities like Khatri, Mazhabi, Ramgharia generally stay away. One reason support for Khalistan is so prominent overseas is most migrants tend be Jatt Sikhs

On a different note - these so called " Indians " should stay away from these Khalistan protests and referendum. These Khalistan supporters want clashes with " Hindus " to garner headlines and by launching counter-protests these " Hindu " guys are walking into the trap. Such clashes only make things worse for majority Hindu and Sikh diaspora who don't support such things

There is no such thing in Indian Punjab. Growing up there were off course very very few individuals, but overall, 99.9% of the people want to remain a part of India. That is all that matters.

A bunch of people are going to get deported. As exciting and entertaining as this could be for a lot of people, there is never a great ending to this. Eventually these nations are going to get more strict on immigrants and it would just get more difficult for a lot of desi people to get foreign citizenship in future. I only feel for the people who have no involvement or interest in this but would still suffer the consequences.

Nope. I am a Proud Indian Sikh.. and there will never be any Khalistan. Do you know why? because for 1 Bought out such Khalistani there are 100s of Sikhs in Indian Punjab who don't even think of separating from India.

Who has bought out these Khalistanis?

None of them will even stay in Punjab if they get one.
Imagine the Badals and Mann’s ruling lol worse than Shariff’s.

Atleast right now Punjabis move to South or west for white collar jobs.

A bunch of people are going to get deported. As exciting and entertaining as this could be for a lot of people, there is never a great ending to this. Eventually these nations are going to get more strict on immigrants and it would just get more difficult for a lot of desi people to get foreign citizenship in future. I only feel for the people who have no involvement or interest in this but would still suffer the consequences.

This always happens, it stopped after the Air India bombing which killed Canadians.

Time and again this happens to this movement because the ones backing them don’t realize how radical some of the idiots can be and cannot keep it civil.

There was literally a video of the news where the Aussie Sikh guy was like “some of them deserved it “ with a smirk aired nationally.

I can understand why this would work in Canada and England, but Aus is a nationality based country, so it can backfire.

Also the basis of referendum makes no sense people who aren’t even born in Punjab and never been there making this decision?

So every Sikh who supports Khalistan is bought out? That gives away your credibility lol

Indians: Pakistan doesn’t have two dollars to rub and is bankrupt
Also Indians: Pakistan has so much cash that it can prop up secessionist movements among sikh diasporas in multiple countries

You realize that just because Pakistani state is in default or nearing default doesn’t exactly mean every person or institution in Pakistan is lacking funds right?

There are people still importing expensive cars in Pakistan and the ruling class including IK are not exactly struggling with aata and gas.

The army, IsI etc are still allocated funds business as usual because correct me if I am wrong, I have never heard Pakistan is cutting defense or intelligence budget. On top of that there are enough rich people like mentioned above who can be ideologically driven to sponsor such activities as well.

Hope that helps answer your doubt.

You realize that just because Pakistani state is in default or nearing default doesn’t exactly mean every person or institution in Pakistan is lacking funds right?

There are people still importing expensive cars in Pakistan and the ruling class including IK are not exactly struggling with aata and gas.

The army, IsI etc are still allocated funds business as usual because correct me if I am wrong, I have never heard Pakistan is cutting defense or intelligence budget. On top of that there are enough rich people like mentioned above who can be ideologically driven to sponsor such activities as well.

Hope that helps answer your doubt.
So you accept Raw is actively promoting discord in Balochistan?

There is no such thing in Indian Punjab. Growing up there were off course very very few individuals, but overall, 99.9% of the people want to remain a part of India. That is all that matters.

Bro,

Relax, majority of Indians know Sikhs are as loyal as any citizens in India. We have the Khalistanis, which are a minority, I see their game they just want to be different like how black ppl have BLM etc. The Khalistanis want to feel like they are part of a movement that's all.

Oh and anyway, I think we both know what the real issue is here;

- Adani becomes a fraud overnight who has close ties with BJP,

- BBC decides to do a documentary on PM Modi,

- Khalistanis out of nowhere so on a rampage in Australia, out of all places that has never had any Khalistani troubles lol..

OH and all the above happening at the same time when Indians are buying very cheap OIL of Russians...

Someone's not happy 😁

Bro,

Relax, majority of Indians know Sikhs are as loyal as any citizens in India. We have the Khalistanis, which are a minority, I see their game they just want to be different like how black ppl have BLM etc. The Khalistanis want to feel like they are part of a movement that's all.

Oh and anyway, I think we both know what the real issue is here;

- Adani becomes a fraud overnight who has close ties with BJP,

- BBC decides to do a documentary on PM Modi,

- Khalistanis out of nowhere so on a rampage in Australia, out of all places that has never had any Khalistani troubles lol..

OH and all the above happening at the same time when Indians are buying very cheap OIL of Russians...

Someone's not happy 😁

Yup. But India is no Pakistan where you can change a govt from abroad or cause chaos. The state machinery is pretty strong now.
No one in Indian Punjab even talks about these idiots. People are busy with life in general.

Indians: Pakistan doesn’t have two dollars to rub and is bankrupt
Also Indians: Pakistan has so much cash that it can prop up secessionist movements among sikh diasporas in multiple countries

ISI has plenty of money hoarded from average Pakistani tax payers. No wonder your general buy pizza franchise and Islands in western countries. Buying off few Khalistanis is spare change.

Pakistani ISI

I think its unlikely, I think these are just disenfranchised 2nd 3rd generation overseas who are suffering identity crisis.

Same with the Hindus on the other side in Melbourne. Classic identity crisis.

If both sides care about India/Khalistan so much they should take a flight back.

From what I got, in India the Khalistani movement is weak but does have a presence, there have been cases of Khalistanis holding Bhindrawale posters and stuff at the Golden Temple, if it was that non-existent not only they won't dare do that in their holiest site but if they did they would have been kicked out by Sikhs themselves and not by the security forces.

In the diaspora mainly the UK, you do have the "I'm Sikh before being an Indian", but that's more regionalism, it doesn't mean they hate India, even less or want separation, but feel their Sikh identity is more important, such regionalism could be found elsewhere (probably the strongest among Tamils with their "Dravidian movement", and many Indian-Muslims too feel their religious identity trumps their national identity without calling for Partition and even feeling patriotic, see no contradiction.)

Canada is an exception because from what I understand the descendants of the Khalistanis who moved out of India when their movement was trampled in the '80s are found there, in Canada, there is very high chance that as much as half of its Sikhs or so would have Khalistani tendencies, that's how big it could be.

From what I got, in India the Khalistani movement is weak but does have a presence, there have been cases of Khalistanis holding Bhindrawale posters and stuff at the Golden Temple, if it was that non-existent not only they won't dare do that in their holiest site but if they did they would have been kicked out by Sikhs themselves and not by the security forces.

In the diaspora mainly the UK, you do have the "I'm Sikh before being an Indian", but that's more regionalism, it doesn't mean they hate India, even less or want separation, but feel their Sikh identity is more important, such regionalism could be found elsewhere (probably the strongest among Tamils with their "Dravidian movement", and many Indian-Muslims too feel their religious identity trumps their national identity without calling for Partition and even feeling patriotic, see no contradiction.)

Canada is an exception because from what I understand the descendants of the Khalistanis who moved out of India when their movement was trampled in the '80s are found there, in Canada, there is very high chance that as much as half of its Sikhs or so would have Khalistani tendencies, that's how big it could be.

You are correct in your assessment. I will say it's not 50% rather around 20% of Canadian Sikh population who may be pro Khalistani to varied degree.

Why else were there marauding mobs of Hindus defending India in Melbourne?

Please do explain

Wow, Hindus from India defending India in Melbourne, Yeah major identity crisis here..

Last edited by a moderator:
Australia's Minister for Foreign Affairs has said they do not recognise any protest by Khalistani supporters on their soil, amid concerns over sporadic attacks on the Indian community.

Khalistani supporters had thrashed a group of Indians who were carrying the national flag in Melbourne in January, leaving five injured. More recently, they targeted India's honorary consulate in Brisbane, with supporters of the separatist group raising the Khalistan flag at the honorary consulate office.

"We respect India's sovereignty. The Khalistani issue which was raised has obviously been raised through protests. But they have no status. On the broader issue, I would say we have a society where we would expect any criminal activity to be responded to. We believe in a democratic society where people should feel safe, where people should be free to express who they are, they should feel respected in terms of their faith and heritage. We want that for our Indian diaspora..." Australia's Minister for Foreign Affairs Penny Wong told NDTV.

She is in Delhi taking part in the G20 foreign ministers' meet today and tomorrow. India holds the G20 presidency this year.

Foreign Minister S Jaishankar and his deputy V Muraleedharan during their Australia visit on February 18 had raised India's concerns over disturbances created by Khalistani supporters.

"Noted the forward movement on our bilateral agenda. Emphasised the need for vigilance against radical activities targeting the Indian community," Mr Jaishankar had tweeted after meeting Ms Wong.

In Delhi, Ms Wong also spoke at length about the Russian invasion of Ukraine. She called the invasion "disastrous for Vladimir Putin and Russia".

"We have seen the world united against Russia's aggression. Countries are standing steadfast with Ukraine because Russia's illegal and immoral invasion abrogates the UN charter that protects us all," Ms Wong told NDTV.

"We will remain steadfast with Ukraine until Mr Putin realises it is in Russia's interest to resolve this... The reason we believe Ukraine matters (in G20 discussions) is because it violates the UN charter that has protected us since the Second World War," the Australian Minister for Foreign Affairs said.

G20 finance ministers on February 25 failed to agree to a joint statement on the global economy at talks in India, after China sought to water down references to the Ukraine war.

Ukraine's Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba today said his country had "survived" a months-long onslaught of Russian strikes on critical infrastructure throughout winter. Today is the first day of spring in Ukraine.

"On March 1, 2023, Putin suffered his fifth major defeat since his full-scale invasion - Ukraine defeated his winter terror. We survived the most difficult winter in our history. It was cold and dark, but we were unbreakable," Dmytro Kuleba said in a statement.

NDTV

Yup. But India is no Pakistan where you can change a govt from abroad or cause chaos. The state machinery is pretty strong now.
No one in Indian Punjab even talks about these idiots. People are busy with life in general.

Didn't Amritpal Singh's supporters attack a police station in Punjab just a few days back?

And Amritpal is getting coverage in mainstream media in India as well, so surely something goin on there.

Didn't Amritpal Singh's supporters attack a police station in Punjab just a few days back?

And Amritpal is getting coverage in mainstream media in India as well, so surely something goin on there.

They definitely do talk about, since I follow Punjabi meme pages I do realize he has lot of followers now but again he came from Dubai and married a UK citizen.. it’s pretty obvious that there are bigger forces involved, overall in Punjab or among Sikhs in India I do see that they are not giving into it as they did during 80s but one misstep could backfire esp coz he does use Golden Temple a lot.

I always wonder why NRI Sikhs keep lecturing Indian Sikhs to revolt but are citizens of different countries they can run off to incase of violence they initiate.

Also Amritpal is not even original just copying the guy from 1980s.

But again people that want Hindu Rashtra should have no issues giving Sikhs Khalistan or issues with them fighting for it.

I always wonder why NRI Sikhs keep lecturing Indian Sikhs to revolt but are citizens of different countries they can run off to incase of violence they initiate.

They had to leave their country and get citizenships elsewhere due to the Khalistan issue in the first placr

They had to leave their country and get citizenships elsewhere due to the Khalistan issue in the first placr

Yes many have but not the ones that initiate.. they go to other countries and cause equal issues there too Air India bombing is an example, Babar Khalsa was active way before any issues in Punjab actually happened now this with a different name but one thing to note every single time the ruling government keeps quiet and lets it flourish till it goes out of control.

This guy Amritpal Singh calls Feminists fake activists, he never even followed Sikhi in its true sense until 2 years ago and now all of a sudden he is full blown Khalistani head.

Many that have suffered actually are angry but you won’t see them asking for violence but for justice.
Trying talking to the affected ones in US or Canada and you will see they are very mature atleast in my experience.
My maternal side as i have said before has suffered my Mother’s second cousin was burnt alive during 1984 riots.

Last edited:
Can someone tell me how Khalistan would work ?

Say they got independence, but they have no sea routes and is landlocked between India and Pakistan.

Even if the citizens of the republic of Empty Land aka Khalistan wants to fly out of the country they would need permission from the Pakistani/Indian airspace.

Khalistan would not have an economy well depending on if India or Pakistan would allow it, they have no sea routes and also airspace restrictions.

How would Empty Land work ?

Can any Khalistani geniuses here explain to me ?

Say they got independence, but they have no sea routes and is landlocked between India and Pakistan.

Even if the citizens of the republic of Empty Land aka Khalistan wants to fly out of the country they would need permission from the Pakistani/Indian airspace.

Khalistan would not have an economy well depending on if India or Pakistan would allow it, they have no sea routes and also airspace restrictions.

Landlocked countries have basic laws :
which would have to be signed by Pak and Ind
https://www.un.org/depts/los/conven...tes shall have,the common heritage of mankind.

Right of access to and from the sea and freedom of transit

1. Land-locked States shall have the right of access to and from the sea for the purpose of exercising the rights provided for in this Convention including those relating to the freedom of the high seas and the common heritage of mankind. To this end, land-locked States shall enjoy freedom of transit through the territory of transit States by all means of transport.

2. The terms and modalities for exercising freedom of transit shall be agreed between the land-locked States and transit States concerned through bilateral, subregional or regional agreements.

3. Transit States, in the exercise of their full sovereignty over their territory, shall have the right to take all measures necessary to ensure that the rights and facilities provided for in this Part for land-locked States shall in no way infringe their legitimate interests.

Last edited:

You’re talking as if Khalistan would be first land locked country in the world… there’s many examples so no issues there.

In terms of sustainability, Punjab is breadbasket of all of india so I’m sure if will be able to feed Khalistan too.

The only issue I see is that there isn’t a lot of industry in Punjab from what I know but I guess that can be built in due time

i was wondering why pakistan was trending on twitter with random anti sikh videos, this explains a lot, usual deflection tactics by the cyber warriors.

its obvious amritpal singh has modelled himself on jernail singh bhindrawale, the look, the mannerism, etc.

i was wondering why pakistan was trending on twitter with random anti sikh videos, this explains a lot, usual deflection tactics by the cyber warriors.

its obvious amritpal singh has modelled himself on jernail singh bhindrawale, the look, the mannerism, etc.

Without the knowledge and fake bravado, Bhindrawale was a Sant.. (went crazy later but was a Sant in the beginning with complete knowledge of Sikhism), Amritpal didn’t even wear a pagdi until last year.

You’re talking as if Khalistan would be first land locked country in the world… there’s many examples so no issues there.

In terms of sustainability, Punjab is breadbasket of all of india so I’m sure if will be able to feed Khalistan too.

The only issue I see is that there isn’t a lot of industry in Punjab from what I know but I guess that can be built in due time

They will be surrounded by one hostile nation in this case, also as Amritsar alone isn’t the holy place for Sikhs, it goes from Maharashtra to Bihar to Himachal.

And lol @industries they would be worst than Punjab in Pakistan with Badals and Manns, all these NRI sikhs will go back.

But yes its plausible to be a country thats all, like Afghanistan is a country, many African nations are one too.

To your first point, khalistan's survival will depend on the political moods of India/Pakistan. If either country at any stage is not happy with them, they will get screwed over from one side, worst case is both countries screwing them over at the same time.

Also Punjab is not the one and only breadbasket of India, it is one of them.

To the last point, that is the best case scenario, however breaking away from India will draw it's anger and India will make life difficult, almost make it Impossible for Khalistan to survive...

Without the knowledge and fake bravado, Bhindrawale was a Sant.. (went crazy later but was a Sant in the beginning with complete knowledge of Sikhism), Amritpal didn’t even wear a pagdi until last year.

i cant speak much about their difference in knowledge since i dont know much about sikhism, but i was simply commenting on the superficial similarities.

Intriguingly, the Zionist name for Palestine was a " land without a people"

Intriguingly, the Zionist name for Palestine was a " land without a people"

Well Khalistan the name was given by the Sikh separatists themselves I believe, unless if it was not, then you are a little Off with the Zionist comparison.

Punjab is no longer the breadbasket of India. It has been superceded by Uttar Pradesh even in wheat production, which was Punjab's forte.

India can very well survive without any agricultural input from its Punjab.

Should Khalistan come into being, it will be its own farmers who will be the worst hit. India will no longer provide them the market for their produce, or allow the use of its marketing infrastructure that has been so crucial for Punjab's prosperity.

They can, of course, sell to Pakistan. Whether they will get paid is another matter.

Punjab is no longer the breadbasket of India. It has been superceded by Uttar Pradesh even in wheat production, which was Punjab's forte.

India can very well survive without any agricultural input from its Punjab.

Should Khalistan come into being, it will be its own farmers who will be the worst hit. India will no longer provide them the market for their produce, or allow the use of its marketing infrastructure that has been so crucial for Punjab's prosperity.

They can, of course, sell to Pakistan. Whether they will get paid is another matter.

Well if Khalistan come into being, you will probably see many more 'countries' coming out of India, Kashmir being one of them. So before talking about bread and butter, deal with other issues.

I think what's underestimated there is also the demographic angle.

Sikhs have some of the lowest TFR in India, in fact the lowest after Jains if I'm correct.

And the labor workers who come there not only have the highest TFR in India (UP/Bihar) but are also overwhelmingly non-Sikhs (Hindus but also few Muslims).

Especially as these workers obviously don't spread all over but are mainly located in select urban centers.

That creates a sense of "invasion" and "losing your homeland" I guess, with Sikhs feeling they have already lost half in 1947.

Another angle which is psychological is that there's a feeling among the Punjabis that while other Indian youth are becoming CEOs, cliché but basically "taking advantage of globalization", their own youth is becoming addicted to drugs and has to flee abroad (virtually all "Indian illegal migrants" are Punjabis), so there's perhaps the idea that Delhi doesn't care about them as about others, that globalization for others mean wealth while for them it's refugee status at best.

Then there's the neoliberal economic policies at the center that affect the farmers, everyone would know how the farmer, especially the Jatt farmer (think of cricketer Shubnam Gill's family), is THE Sikh symbol of "native resistance" over the centuries (you'd also notice that Khalistanis are nearly always Jatt Sikhs, not Sikhs of other communities who are not that much into farming, and who in fact prefer the current liberal India for business.)

All of this can be seen through Punjabi rap lyrics, which went from typical gangsta stuff to the more political stuff (see late Sidhu Moose Wala).

My perception.

Well if Khalistan come into being, you will probably see many more 'countries' coming out of India, Kashmir being one of them. So before talking about bread and butter, deal with other issues.

No Khalistan came out of India in the 1980s when the movement was at its peak, and nothing will come out now. And as for Kashmir, it will remain an integral part of India. Years of a bloody separatist movement has achieved absolutely zilch.

As for bread and butter, It's probably Pakistan that has to worry more about that now.

Well Khalistan the name was given by the Sikh separatists themselves I believe, unless if it was not, then you are a little Off with the Zionist comparison.

They have a Zionist ideology. "Right to return"

Major UK businesses like East End, KTC have families hailing from Pakistani Punjab

They have a Zionist ideology. "Right to return"

Major UK businesses like East End, KTC have families hailing from Pakistani Punjab

Balooch people also have right to freedom from Pakistan but things don't go the way how others want it though. It's just life, can't help the cards you were dealt with..

A prominent Hindu temple in Brisbane was attacked by pro-Khalistan supporters on Saturday, in the latest incident of vandalism against Hindu temples in Australia.

The incident took place at the Shree Laxmi Narayan Temple in Brisbane.

"Temple priest and devotees called this morning and notified me about the vandalism on the boundary wall of our temple," Temple president Satinder Shukla was quoted as saying by The Australia Today website.

"We have informed the Queensland police officers, and they assured to ensure the safety of Temple and devotees." Sarah Gates, director of Hindu Human Rights, said that the latest hate crime is an attempt to terrorise Australian Hindus.

"This latest hate crime is a pattern of Sikhs For Justice globally, clearly attempting to terrorise Australian Hindus. With a barrage of propaganda, illegal signs and cyberbullying, the organisation intends to present all-pervasive threats, fear and intimidation," Sarah Gates said.

Sarah Gates later tweeted an image of the Hindu community fighting back after the attack on the temple. Community members with the temple committee cleaned anti-Hindu hate-filled graffiti.

"Hindustan Zindabad," she tweeted with a picture.

"Khalistan supporters are terrorising the Australian Hindu community and making it a very traumatising experience to practice our religion and visit temples," a long-time resident of the suburb said.

This is the fourth incident of vandalism against Hindu temples in two months in Australia.

On January 23, the walls of the revered ISCKON temple in Melbourne's Albert Park were vandalised with graffiti "Hindustan Murdabad", On January 16, the historic Shri Shiva Vishnu Temple in Carrum Downs, Victoria, was vandalised in a similar manner.

On January 12, the Swaminarayan temple in Melbourne was defaced by 'anti-social elements' with anti-India graffiti.

India has repeatedly condemned the vandalism against the Hindu temples in Australia and has raised the issue with the Australian government.

During his visit to Australia last month, External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar met his Australian counterpart Penny Wong and emphasised the need for vigilance against "radical activities" targeting the Indian community in Australia in the wake of vandalism of Hindu temples in the country by Khalistani supporters.

NDTV

I think what's underestimated there is also the demographic angle.

Sikhs have some of the lowest TFR in India, in fact the lowest after Jains if I'm correct.

And the labor workers who come there not only have the highest TFR in India (UP/Bihar) but are also overwhelmingly non-Sikhs (Hindus but also few Muslims).

Especially as these workers obviously don't spread all over but are mainly located in select urban centers.

That creates a sense of "invasion" and "losing your homeland" I guess, with Sikhs feeling they have already lost half in 1947.

Another angle which is psychological is that there's a feeling among the Punjabis that while other Indian youth are becoming CEOs, cliché but basically "taking advantage of globalization", their own youth is becoming addicted to drugs and has to flee abroad (virtually all "Indian illegal migrants" are Punjabis), so there's perhaps the idea that Delhi doesn't care about them as about others, that globalization for others mean wealth while for them it's refugee status at best.

Then there's the neoliberal economic policies at the center that affect the farmers, everyone would know how the farmer, especially the Jatt farmer (think of cricketer Shubnam Gill's family), is THE Sikh symbol of "native resistance" over the centuries (you'd also notice that Khalistanis are nearly always Jatt Sikhs, not Sikhs of other communities who are not that much into farming, and who in fact prefer the current liberal India for business.)

All of this can be seen through Punjabi rap lyrics, which went from typical gangsta stuff to the more political stuff (see late Sidhu Moose Wala).

My perception.

Good intuitive points here.

Back