Corey Anderson vs James Faulkner is the future!

Strike Rate

Senior T20I Player
Runs
Both are very talented players and easily the match winners in shorter format. It will be a treat to watch both of them playing in WT20 2014 and WC 2015.

Two of the best All Rounders in World Cricket at the moment !

They have a very bright future ahead of them ! Kudos !

Add stokes as well.

Cricket never ceases to amaze me well i guess that's also true with life.

Gavaskar retired Sachin came in once he retired... a bloke name KOHLI walked in.

Dravid went in came pujara now Kallis retired and we have 3 very talented allrounders.

Though none (all 5 mentioned above) of them may be fulfill the void left by the greats . But greats are not created in year or 2.

But be can say that with reasonable amount of certainty that it will be pleasure to watch these lads.

Last edited:
Corey and Faulkner are still new to international cricket. People don't know their weakness. It will be interesting to see them after a year or two. Btw, Faulkner has a SR > 100 in all 3 formats. :viv

Corety the batsman will be found out and will never exceed expectations after the quickest ton.

That record is a curse IMO

Wait a sec,

Let them play a few more matches, against sides like SA and Pak.

And judge them after an year :)

The thing that is very evident and encouraging is that they are both clean-hitters. Most of their shots when they hit them for six come from a good balance and complete swing of the bat. So they might struggle on slower pitches a bit but it's not like their teams will need them everyday.

I'd say a lot of teams would like to have one of those in their team at this moment.

No they are not, plenty of players have strong starts and then fizzle out specially fast bowling all rounders. I'd expect both to become useless with the ball in a couple of years, their bowling is bad already.

Very good hitters of the ball. They clear the boundaries quite easily.

No they are not, plenty of players have strong starts and then fizzle out specially fast bowling all rounders. I'd expect both to become useless with the ball in a couple of years, their bowling is bad already.

Faulkner is more than a decent bowler IMO. Corey Anderson will be no more than a part timer in near future though.

Faulkner is quite expensive with the ball but also has a good knack of taking wickets.. not to forget he also bowls a lot in the powerplay and death overs as a front line bowler.. Faulkner in his short odi career has already played a few match winning knocks that many contemporary players can only dream of.. corey anderson is more of a batting allrounder like Jayasuriya

Last edited:
OP as always jumping up and down after seeing a couple of sixes, simmer down let them play for a while before handing them the future.

You can only make a judgement of any batsman in the world once they have faced Pakistani bowlers. That is because we are the best in the world.

Corey Anderson - batting A/R
James Faulkner - bowling A/R

Thing is it is too early to make a judgement yet for all we know they could turn out to be great A/R, mediocre A/R. Wait till we see them face the better cricket attack's and in different condition's.

You can only make a judgement of any batsman in the world once they have faced Pakistani bowlers. That is because we are the best in the world.

Not really, best way to judge or gauge how good a player is against the SA attack (Steyn, Morkel and Philander).

They will only be good LOI all rounders don't see them being good enough to be test class all rounders

Then Shahid Maxwell is the greatest currently considering he owned Ajmal and co. in UAE.

OP as always jumping up and down after seeing a couple of sixes, simmer down let them play for a while before handing them the future.

and you jump up and down to create threads against pakiatan bowling after one average performance by pakistani bowlers lol at you

and for your info i have seen enough cricket to comment on them. let me know when your rockstar win a match against the number 8 ranked team

Last edited:
and you jump up and down to create threads against pakiatan bowling after one average performance by pakistani bowlers lol at you

and for your info i have seen enough cricket to comment on them. let me know when your rockstar win a match against the number 8 ranked team

tumblr_ldz4d3SejN1qf26nu.gif

Gotta feeling Faulkner will be the better player Anderson is a hack who will eventually get exposed Faulkner seems more of a controlled Batsman than him

Faulkner is bog average and will hopefully not play much for Australia again. Incredibly overrated player.

Avergae compared to Starc, Cummins and Hazlewood but he would walk into most teams. Provides really good batting down the order and is a good bowler who has the pace to bowl in the late 130's and early 140's but also a lot of variation. And that's the good thing about him, he can survive on most pitches in the world because of how dynamic he is.

He was Man of the Final in the CWC '15 and that doesn't happen unless you're actually a good player. I will however admit he's been out of form off late but I expect him to be back to his best soon.

Both have not lived up to the hype they had, but Corey is the better player as of now.

I guess times have changed. In three years, Corey vs Faulkner is no more and now it's all Stokes vs Pandya. No lie tho Stokes and Pandya would overtake Corey and Faulkner any day.

whatever happened to Faulkener? Ever since the PSL ban he has played no form of professional cricket since than

been almost 2 years now

whatever happened to Faulkener? Ever since the PSL ban he has played no form of professional cricket since than

been almost 2 years now
With that pathetic arrogant behvior which he shown during PSL, its better to keep him away from insternational cricket.

Back