Cricket Australia has shown willingness to host tri-series with India and Pakistan in future [Update on post#62]

Would love to see these 3 teams having a go at each other but I doubt that india will ever let that series happen. Pakistan and australia will be on 1 page regarding a triangular series but BCCI will always be blocked by their government to play Pakistan in such series.

It won't happen because the government is a right wing nationalist and insecurity runs through their veins. Thus they will never take the risk of playing and possibly losing against its so-called enemy...

It won't happen because the government is a right wing nationalist and insecurity runs through their veins. Thus they will never take the risk of playing and possibly losing against its so-called enemy...
I can assure you there's no fear of losing to pak and especially in Australia, ( I don't need to tell you your record in aus).

India hasn't played against pak since 2008, back when we had a congress govt, so not a BJP thing.

The reason the indian government doesn't want to play with pak is stop them from benefitting from an Indian series financially.

Regular cricket with the BCCI will make the pcb very wealthy

How can you forget recently phainti by indian cricket Team to Pakistan ( Asia Cup and world Cup) .Both of were humiliation defeat for Pakistan so it nothing to do with performance rather than Political and terrorism related.

Pakistan has a better W/L record and a superior head-to-head. 2003 is a pretty random cutoff point. The WC streak is broken too and despite all the off-field advantages, India has one more world cup to show for it.

The Aaney Do series was a legendary humiliation. Just think of many storied careers were ended in those days by the likes of Nasir Jamshed, Junaid Khan and the 7-foot giant that supercharged the Indian insecurity complex, lmao.

Whether cricket or hockey, Pakistan has proven itself to be the more talented and athletic nation.
It's not an arbitrary cutoff, everyone acknowledges that pakistan were a superb team in the 20th century.

The legendary humiliation was in mohali, ask the guy in your pfp, those words still haunt him.

And believe me pakistan is the last country in the world any indian would be insecure about, what's there. This is just a feel good story among our padosis because there's nothing good coming out of there and the country is in terminal, irreversible decline.

And lol at the last point, when was the last time superior athletic nation pak won an Olympic medel, you are worse off than us in every single sport and that's saying something.

Despite your historical superiority in cricket, we have a superior w/l record in tests and odis and more icc and acc trophies

Error . Before Mumbai attack we were regularly play series with each other

Hindutva pressure groups led by Bal Thackeray were threatening touring Pakistan players long before the Mumbai attack. That leads to the inevitable conclusion that politicians of that persuasion (similar to the current Indian govt) were against playing bilateral series all along. That would explain why there has never been any attempt to revive them by the current govt.

Hindutva pressure groups led by Bal Thackeray were threatening touring Pakistan players long before the Mumbai attack. That leads to the inevitable conclusion that politicians of that persuasion (similar to the current Indian govt) were against playing bilateral series all along. That would explain why there has never been any attempt to revive them by the current govt.
The revival was done by Hindutva government Vajpayee.

The revival was done by Hindutva government Vajpayee.

I was replying to the suggestion that the bilaterals were stopped after Mumbai. Before that they were on/off depending on the mood of the day, but the overall trend has been a hindutva trend to limit all relations with Pakistan to essential only. Vajpayee's case was more the exception that proves the rule.

I was replying to the suggestion that the bilaterals were stopped after Mumbai. Before that they were on/off depending on the mood of the day, but the overall trend has been a hindutva trend to limit all relations with Pakistan to essential only. Vajpayee's case was more the exception that proves the rule.
No one will take the risk Vajpayee took, he was made to look weak by your Establishment when they betrayed him.

No one will take the risk Vajpayee took, he was made to look weak by your Establishment when they betrayed him.

The establishment in Pakistan is usually open to the highest bidder, that we can agree on so let us assume India is not in a position to be the highest bidder. Therefore I can understand the mistrust. But if all other countries have been able to overcome concerns, why is India the only one with a permanent opposition to normalising relations? You can pretend hindutva is not a factor, but since the advent of a hindutva govt there has been an undeniable drive to ramp up hostilities.

Last edited by a moderator:
The establishment in Pakistan is usually open to the highest bidder, that we can agree on so let us assume India is not in a position to be the highest bidder. Therefore I can understand the mistrust. But if all other countries have been able to overcome concerns, why is India the only one with a permanent opposition to normalising relations? You can pretend hindutva is not a factor, but since the advent of a hindutva govt there has been an undeniable drive to ramp up hostilities.
Which other countries? Iran Afghanistan? Only US and China and they have the money.

So Australia announced the itinerary of Pakistan series 6 , 3 ODI and 3 T20 it is , should have announced the results also 6/0 to Aus

Because India is a nobody in other Sports financially so they tuck their tail between the legs and visit Pakistan when there is a call.

If Indian Government was so powerful, India wouldn't be sending other teams and athletes to Pakistan
India is having its cake and eat it too.

Australia played a smart move because involving India n Pakistan in a Tri series in their country means "Paisa hi Paisa hoga!"

Indians are trying to turn cricket into what baseball or American football is to the Americans. They don't want global appeal.

They have wormed their way into ICC leadership and are sabotaging it.

Australia is trying to cash-in on the revenue generated due to the Indo-Pak clash. I have no problems with this because all I want is indo-pak games to be happening. I don't care if Australia arranges that or the boards themselves come to some sort of agreement but yes Australia is a good neutral venue for both teams.

Do you know even know the history about india- Pakistan . BJP PM late Bajpayee sahab Gone to Lahore for normalise relation but what he got in return ? He got Pakistan army attack in Kargil . First Read the history correctly as normally in Pakistan correct history never told .

Cricket Australia CEO Nick Hockley speaking in an interview:

"I think anyone that was here for the India-Pakistan game at the MCG, it will go down as one of the most memorable occasions, not just sporting occasions that I've ever been to. So people want to see that contest. We would love to host that if the opportunity arose. If we can play a role, we'd love to play a role,"

Not just India and Pakistan, I would love to see the annual Tri Series make a comeback in Australia in general! It was so much fun, the one tournament I always looked forward to at the time. I don't think the bilaterals are getting that much preference from fans anyways and are mostly being played against empty stadiums... The tri series might actually bring back the interest amongst the fans, I agree the neutral games (unless India is one of the teams) might not get much in stadium fans but the broadcasters will still pay good amount for the overall package for such a series every year.

If Pakistanis want Indo-Pak series or tri-series involving the two nations then they have to put pressure on their army and government to correct the historical wrongs.

Since Pakistanis can’t to that, an india-park series ain’t happening.

correct the historical wrongs.
WHat historical wrongs brother?
We are talking about a cricket series, not a war or any political stuff. Pakistan has done nothing wrong to India in particular when it comes to sports.

We are talking about a cricket series, not a war or any political stuff. Pakistan has done nothing wrong to India in particular when it comes to sports.

I don’t think you understand the mindset of people in India.

Everyone in India thinks that Pakistani intelligence were involved in killing innocent Indian civilians in Mumbai.

Everyone thinks after the then PM extended a hand of friendship to Pakistan, the military of Pakistan did Kargil.

Everyone thinks the mastermind behind the Mumbai attacks is still roaming free in Pakistan.

If you want cricket to resume between the two nations, you will have to pressurise your military and civilian leadership to give up the mastermind of Mumbai attacks as a good will gesture.

Then maybe relations can improve, but any government who does that will be committing suicide domestically so that will never happen.

Hence the series will never happen because just like majority of Indians who don’t want a series with Pakistan because of the above mentioned reasons, the majority of Pakistanis won’t give up on people like Hafiz Saeed or the Jaish leadership.

That’s the reality which you guys don’t understand since you don’t try to understand the viewpoint of the otherside and your thinking is one dimensional.

I don’t think you understand the mindset of people in India.
Everyone in India thinks that Pakistani intelligence were involved in killing innocent Indian civilians in Mumbai.
Everyone thinks after the then PM extended a hand of friendship to Pakistan, the military of Pakistan did Kargil.
Everyone thinks the mastermind behind the Mumbai attacks is still roaming free in Pakistan.

If you want cricket to resume between the two nations, you will have to pressurise your military and civilian leadership to give up the mastermind of Mumbai attacks as a good will gesture.
Then maybe relations can improve, but any government who does that will be committing suicide domestically so that will never happen.

Hence the series will never happen because just like majority of Indians who don’t want a series with Pakistan because of the above mentioned reasons, the majority of Pakistanis won’t give up on people like Hafiz Saeed or the Jaish leadership.

That’s the reality which you guys don’t understand since you don’t try to understand the viewpoint of the otherside and your thinking is one dimensional.

Most pakistanis support secession of Kashmir from India, its unacceptable to almost every Indian.

Australia being greedy here, they want to make money of our backs, if Ind and Pak ever play I don't want it to be in a neutral venue and definitely not countries like eng or aus

If Pakistanis want Indo-Pak series or tri-series involving the two nations then they have to put pressure on their army and government to correct the historical wrongs.

Since Pakistanis can’t to that, an india-park series ain’t happening.
Maybe India can do the same? And not send spies on killing sprees in areas like Balochistan. Modi and your leaders have been on record bragging about it. Pakistan still to this days hosts numerous Indian spies convicted on terror offenses, in prisons for years in Pakistan.

Absolutely hilarious how Indians pretend they are dhoodh ke dhoolay huay and its only the evil Pakistanis. As comical as the US pretending Russians are evil yet hiding the disgusting crimes and atrocities CIA have done and continue to do.

So instead of lecturing us on correcting wrongs, against an army and government which now the average Pakistani hates and has no control over, maybe tell your Nazi leaders to correct some wrongs too?

Pathetic.

Most pakistanis support secession of Kashmir from India, its unacceptable to almost every Indian.

It’s a good excuse to bring politics into sport to avoid a severe severe beating.it would upset me to see you leave discussion for an extended period just like after the recent WC in India.

It’s a good excuse to bring politics into sport to avoid a severe severe beating, it would upset me to see you leave discussion for an extended period just like after the recent WC in India.

Just like i didn't leave discussion for any extended period.

Australia being greedy here, they want to make money of our backs, if Ind and Pak ever play I don't want it to be in a neutral venue and definitely not countries like eng or aus

There isn't going to be any India Pak matches outside of Asia Cup and ICC matches for atleast a decade or more.

It’s a good excuse to bring politics into sport to avoid a severe severe beating, it would upset me to see you leave discussion for an extended period just like after the recent WC in India.
Bigger chance of Afg trashing us than Pak. Teams like Pak, zim and ire aren't good enough to trash us.

Indians are trying to turn cricket into what baseball or American football is to the Americans. They don't want global appeal.

They have wormed their way into ICC leadership and are sabotaging it.
The IPL intentionally or unintentionally could end up doing just that. Year after year it's amazing how the league keeps growing.

Maybe India can do the same? And not send spies on killing sprees in areas like Balochistan. Modi and your leaders have been on record bragging about it. Pakistan still to this days hosts numerous Indian spies convicted on terror offenses, in prisons for years in Pakistan.

Absolutely hilarious how Indians pretend they are dhoodh ke dhoolay huay and its only the evil Pakistanis. As comical as the US pretending Russians are evil yet hiding the disgusting crimes and atrocities CIA have done and continue to do.

So instead of lecturing us on correcting wrongs, against an army and government which now the average Pakistani hates and has no control over, maybe tell your Nazi leaders to correct some wrongs too?

Pathetic.

Your post reaffirms what I said. You completely missed the point of my post because your thinking is single dimensional.

I wrote “Most Indians Think”.
If you Pakistani fans want India park series then they have to take the first step by pressurising their army/government by handing over what Indians believe are culprits of terrorist attacks.

What you wrote in your post is completely different, if what you wrote is what most Pakistanis believe and Indians wanted a series with Pakistan to happen then you could have said Indians should pressurise their government to stop sending spies etc.

Does it make sense to you now? Or still I explain further where we are stuck now

Nobody quoted DangarInc did they. And that’s the team which you fear, what an absolute melt.
I don't fear a team we trash all the time, I have always wanted us to play bilaterals with pak so that the h2h record is rightfully corrected.

Don't be upset man, losing against afg and zim in wcs causes deep pain and humiliation but it's just a sport after all

you must have been born yesterday or something.

Pak was one of the pioneer of bring politics into sport.

moscow olympics boycott. Asian cup boycott in early 90's etc etc.

All Pak/PCB cares for now is money from BCCI and indian market. PCB would gladly just take the money even if there are no games

I don't fear a team we trash all the time, I have always wanted us to play bilaterals with pak so that the h2h record is rightfully corrected.

Don't be upset man, losing against afg and zim in wcs causes deep pain and humiliation but it's just a sport after all

Where was DangarInc when you got another pasting by Australia, your entire country was caught with the pants down in your own backyard and you bring up Kashmir like idiots in a sports section to mask your fear, tiny people behaviour, typical

Where was DangarInc when you got another pasting by Australia, your entire country was caught with the pants down in your own backyard and you bring up Kashmir like idiots in a sports section to mask your fear, tiny people behaviour, typical
Bhaijaan, I was on this forum during our final loss. And I want to play pak, no fear from me.

But I do realize that getting to host tournaments in your backyard is not a privilege that everyone gets.

Why would I be fearful of a team that gets thrashed by everyone (home or away)

There is no team other than Pak that I would rather face in aussie soil. You have been getting slaughtered there for decades and we have done extremely well there. An indo pak match down under would get over in 3 days and pakistani cricket would go the way of pakistani hockey

Can’t wait for the IT sector to get humiliated, I would love for every tournie to be in IT land just to hear the sweet sound of silence. The most unsporting and disloyal, cowardly fair weather fanbase in cricket. After the thrashing in CT 17, 152-0 and Australian Colonialism, it’s clear to see the brain damage caused to the people.

Can’t wait for the IT sector to get humiliated, I would love for every tournie to be in IT land just to hear the sweet sound of silence. The most unsporting and disloyal, cowardly fair weather fanbase in cricket. After the thrashing in CT 17, 152-0 and Australian Colonialism, it’s clear to see the brain damage caused to the people.

Lmao still quoting CT17 and 152-0.. :yk

We have mauled you 5 times in a row in ODIs since the CT and won 2/3 T20is since 152-0.

Some of the revenue generated will go to Pakistan establishment, who are working against interest of people of Pakistan. So I can't support this idea. India vs Pakistan matches should be avoided as much as it is possible till people of Pakistan get their mandate back.

Lmao still quoting CT17 and 152-0.. :yk

We have mauled you 5 times in a row in ODIs since the CT and won 2/3 T20is since 152-0.

What do the tiny people have to show for it, is the ICC trophy cabinet loaded since then. Australia made you wet yourselves in your backyard, you quit supporting your team for months like cowards, only there to raise the squeaky voices when on a run. Stick to Bollywood where the script gives you the fairy tale ending you need.

What do the tiny people have to show for it, is the ICC trophy cabinet loaded since then. Australia made you wet yourselves in your backyard, you quit supporting your team for months like cowards, only there to raise the squeaky voices when on a run. Stick to Bollywood where the script gives you the fairy tale ending you need.
The pakistani obsession with bollywood will never end, not our fault that you don't have a film industry.

Bragging about a fluke trophy while getting smashed all the time is like west Indian fans trying to troll South African fans because they have a couple of t20 cups.

And we have more icc trophies than out neighbors, and don't you dare forget 8-0 😁

Kashmir! Kashmir! Kashmir! to save ourselves from another barbaric Phainty.

You make movies about men with their pants down, make one about the Indian cricket team’s home WC campaign.

Ah they are gone to get a quick bite! while Pakistan put India in the 90 degree position.

Your primitive fanbase is only there for the wins, feel sorry for your cowardly cricket team.

No amount of fair skin cream and nudity will make you the next Hollywood, you can make movies about your pilots surrendering to Pakistani forces though.
Nah, I think we need to make a movie on how the gutless pakistani team has surrendered to us in every wc, with a special focus on mohali and durban, as those scars still run deep and will never be healed.

You seem to be obsessed with bollywood despite your hate, not surprising, many pakistanis are but it's expected when your country doesn't have a movie industry and you are desperate for entertainment.

Need to make a movie on the bravery of the pakistani army in 1971, the most iconic moment in your 77 year old history

Kashmir! Kashmir! Kashmir! to save ourselves from another barbaric Phainty, primitive cowards always bring politics to the sports section, am glad the British Raj taught you a lesson
The British raj even ruled over your people, don't they teach you history?

Unless you think that the raj was composed of mirpuris and not white british men

You are the movie making experts right, make movies on how many times Pakistan have had you and your people in the 90 degree position, also make one on how my beloved British Raj taught your people a lesson and how your cowardly pilot wet himself in Kashmir. You are not my people, especially not the malnourished sub-humans under your current rule, I would love for the British Raj to teach you some manners again, for all the criticism.
I thank Jinnah for that everyday. Nothing is going to change the fact that your ancestors were also taught lessons by the British and the Dhaka surrender was your greatest moment.

No disrespect, but Indians are the wealthiest and the most educated community in the UK while the Pakistani community is at the opposite end.😂

Warning:

Guys, let's not bring politics here. Let's just discuss cricket.

I thank Jinnah for that everyday. Nothing is going to change the fact that your ancestors were also taught lessons by the British and the Dhaka surrender was your greatest moment.

No disrespect, but Indians are the wealthiest and the most educated community in the UK while the Pakistani community is at the opposite end.😂

Why would that be disrespectful? Those who lack inches or physical attributes understandably talk up their wealth or education, those at the other end of the table will probably brag about being more handsome or athletic. That's just the way the world works.

Relax shazzy and take a deep breath. I know truth hurts but don't throw a hissy fit now that the mirror is shown. And I guess it's the chihuahua syndrome once again that makes you take a jibe at our trophy cabinet when in reality we have more ICC trophies than both Pakistan and England, the two countries you reside in mentally and physically respectively. Tch tch...:)

Kind of crazy what this thread has evolved into.

Are we talking about a tri series with Australia or all of our political disagreements from the last 80 years?

Some of the revenue generated will go to Pakistan establishment, who are working against interest of people of Pakistan. So I can't support this idea. India vs Pakistan matches should be avoided as much as it is possible till people of Pakistan get their mandate back.
So let me get this straight, when India toured Pakistan in 2006 and Pakistan was under a military dictatorship what happened then exactly? Were India not concerned about this back then?

Its amazing to me how brainwashed some of you are when it comes to towing your government's line.

So let me get this straight, when India toured Pakistan in 2006 and Pakistan was under a military dictatorship what happened then exactly? Were India not concerned about this back then?

Its amazing to me how brainwashed some of you are when it comes to towing your government's line.

We had people ruling us who thought peace was actually possible with Pakistan.

They kept ignoring terrorist attacks one after another in many major cities. 3 in Mumbai alone.

Till the 26/11 attacks made them realise how stupid they were.

They rightly suspended all bilateral sporting and cultural ties.

Modi did the same stupidity. Went to Lahore, we got Pathankot attacks. Only that he isn't going to waste his time in this anymore.

They kept ignoring terrorist attacks one after another in many major cities. 3 in Mumbai alone.

Modi did the same stupidity. Went to Lahore, we got Pathankot attacks. Only that he isn't going to waste his time in this anymore.

Then why play Pakistan in ICC tournaments, it’s not a coincidence the two teams are always in each others groups now and you all get wet over the match up. If it’s that big a deal you shouldn’t be playing Pakistan at all, and as a fan, given your authentic hatred you would be boycotting any matches with Pakistan.

Why don't you go spout your BJP propaganda to someone who actually cares?

Then why play Pakistan in ICC tournaments, it’s not a coincidence the two teams are always in each others groups now and you all get wet over the match up. If it’s that big a deal you shouldn’t be playing Pakistan at all, and as a fan, given your authentic hatred you would be boycotting any matches with Pakistan.

ICC tournaments are not bilateral tournaments.

We love beating Pakistan in ICC World Cup and T20 WC. What's the score?

15-1?

Boycott is to hurt Pakistan, not gift them two points and help them.

Why don't you go spout your BJP propaganda to someone who actually cares?

Lol. You guys actually care, that's why this entire thread is filled with posts by pakistanis regards to why India not playing Pakistan is bad.

And this isn't BJP propoganda. This is what Congress did post Mumbai and this is what BJP is doing and this is what the next government should do.

Really interested to see if the next government allows the Indian team to go to Pakistan for CT 2025.

ICC tournaments are not bilateral tournaments.

We love beating Pakistan in ICC World Cup and T20 WC. What's the score?

15-1?

Boycott is to hurt Pakistan, not gift them two points and help them.

You beg us to play you in ICC tournies, what’s the overall? and when last did you win a trophy and when last did Pak win won 🤔

I want to see Kulbhushan Yadav and any other Indian PoWs in Pakistani jails released as a pre-condition to resumption of Indo-Pak bilateral ties.

I want to see Kulbhushan Yadav and any other Indian PoWs in Pakistani jails released as a pre-condition to resumption of Indo-Pak bilateral ties.
If anyone wanted me to see what I mean this is it:

BJP and its shill lecture us about terrorism and here are asking us to release Indian spies and terrorists from our jails.

Sorry. I meant Indian tourists. Not sure why people keep begging for this series, no interest in playing India other than WCs. PCB earns 100 million after the big 3, most of which is squandered but doesn't need India.

PCB earns 100 million after the big 3, most of which is squandered but doesn't need India.

Oh lord the delusions.... :uakmal

======================================================================

Pakistan Cricket Board chief Ramiz Raja says the PCB can "collapse" if India wants as 90 per cent of the ICC's funding comes from that country, which effectively means that the sport here is being run by "India's business houses".

Appearing before the Senate Standing Committee on Inter-Provincial affairs on Thursday in Islamabad, Ramiz said it was time for the PCB to reduce its dependence on funding from the ICC and start tapping the local market.

"The ICC is a politicised body divided between the Asian and Western blocs and 90 per cent of its revenues are generated from India. It is frightening," the PCB Chief said, adding that 50 per cent of PCB's budget comes from ICC funding.

"In a way India's business houses are running Pakistan cricket and if tomorrow the Indian PM decides he will not allow any funding to Pakistan, this cricket board can collapse," he added but did not elaborate on the specifics.

Ramiz said the ICC had become more of an event management company and the PCB would have to make its voice heard if it does not want a repeat of the cancellation of confirmed series by New Zealand and England on security grounds.

Ramiz said the ICC had become more of an event management company and the PCB would have to make its voice heard if it does not want a repeat of the cancellation of confirmed series by New Zealand and England on security grounds.

"What New Zealand did was unacceptable because till now they have not shared any information with us on what led them to abandon the series in Pakistan. But they are now trying to reschedule the series," he said.

Ramiz hinted that there could be some good news regarding the postponed New Zealand series in a week's time.

He indicated that New Zealand cricket board was working on a new schedule to tour Pakistan.

Senior Senator Raza Rabbani suggested that Pakistan should now not play against New Zealand and refuse any series but Ramiz pointed out that this would not be possible as the country is part of a larger international cricket community.

You beg us to play you in ICC tournies, what’s the overall? and when last did you win a trophy and when last did Pak win won 🤔

Lol. Beg pakistan?

India brings more than 80 per cent of ICC revenues not Pakistan.

BCCI will make USD 7bn in broadcast revenues alone from IPL and International home series and Pakistan isn't a part of it.

Beg from Pakistan. Pakistan itself survives on money from IMF.

That was pre 26/11

Lol. You guys actually care, that's why this entire thread is filled with posts by pakistanis regards to why India not playing Pakistan is bad.

And this isn't BJP propoganda. This is what Congress did post Mumbai and this is what BJP is doing and this is what the next government should do.

Really interested to see if the next government allows the Indian team to go to Pakistan for CT 2025.
You guys lol. Here's the thing, I honestly don't give a s**t if we never play India again. Its honestly no worth the B.S that the Indian government pulls. But all I'll say is that atleast be consistent. If you actually believe in these principles so much that Pakistan is a terrorist state and we won't have anything to do with them, then why do you play us in the ICC tournaments? Are principles less important than 2 points?

When the world turned against Zimbabwe during the Mugabe coup, a number of teams forfeited their matches against Zimbabwe at the 2003 World Cup. The fact that you continue to play us in ICC tournaments shows everyone that your principles are just a bunch of B.S because you only use them when its convenient for you. Kind of like how Australia don't play bilateral series against Afghanistan because "Taliban = bad" but in ICC tournaments its no issue.

Venue was never at all a problem. In Pak-Bharat series governments from both sides need to approve the tour. This is not gonna happen until terrorism and IoK are massive problems. No country has lately encouraged a test series between the two neither do we care about it anymore. As India are the much better test side not currently playing them is a blessing for us in disguise. You know what we'd get it handed back to us if we played them at tests :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: .

Back