Cricket Bat Help! What should I buy?

And just to add: I have a v200 weighing in at about 2.10 and it is has a very good feel and balance in my hands. Use the search function and I am sure you will see the pictures I had posted in a couple of threads. So V200 will be a good buy---- go for the 2010 and 2011 model as they should cost less. All Slazenger has done for 2012 is that they have changed the grip color.

Just saw the above pics; are you getting it from Jonathan? He is a nice guy. But the V12 has a very high sweet spot. Good luck.

Yes that's right, i doubt i buy a cricket bat with a high sweet spot due to the low english pitches i will play on, but the only bat i would consider with a high sweetspot is the Millichamp and hall original you cannot resist that bat looking at it in the other thread lol... but i failed to get it from pro direct as it was out of stock.... so now just using this opourtunity to find a bat which will benefit my requirements, am intrested in the newbery krakatoa players, just waiting for a response from CD bhai on how it performed for him and whether he thinks it would be good for me... and yes the V12 was from Jonathan

And just to add: I have a v200 weighing in at about 2.10 and it is has a very good feel and balance in my hands. Use the search function and I am sure you will see the pictures I had posted in a couple of threads. So V200 will be a good buy---- go for the 2010 and 2011 model as they should cost less. All Slazenger has done for 2012 is that they have changed the grip color.

I tried searching for it couldn't find it zeusky

The Krakatoa should be a good fit; Oblivion should be nice or a Slaz V200 will be nice too :)

The Krakatoa should be a good fit; Oblivion should be nice or a Slaz V200 will be nice too :)

That's what i thought although i prefer a round handle i don't mind oval handle doesnt look bad on the krakatoa and the low sweet spot is perfect for low english wickets and although i prefer a 2.9/2.10ish weight if i got a krakatoa i would need to get a lower weight because the low sweet spot would make it feel a bit heavier? and does oiling/fitting toe guard etc bring the weight up? what other ways are there apart from adding a extra grip?.... yep the Slaz seems suitable to

Extra grip, scuff sheet, toe-guard should add more than ounces of weight.

Newberys are good with their pick ups but the when you are getting a low sweet spot bat, don't expect the pick up to be a dream anyway. In fact, if the majority of the weight is near the bottom of the bat, I for one feel a lot more confident in my mind thinking that the bat has some serious weight so to speak.

V200 and Oblivion have very nice pick ups for bottom heavy bats in my opinion. v200 of course does not look as huge as an Oblivion.

Mission Accomplished :), finally got my bat a few days ago from the one and only uzair bhai himself (awesome person mashallah). Newberry Krakatoa Players, although i have not tested it out in the nets yet first impressions are very good, pick up was perfect and the ping although i find the bat slightly heavy for me so then i will add another grip to it a spiral one as the chevron grip is slippery. Just want to say a BIG THANK YOU to all the posters on the thread for helping me in my pursuit of a bat thanks alot guys only on pak passion :) appreciate it very much may god bless you. jazakhallah khair

Last edited:
Back