Cricket Bat Help! What should I buy?

shaz619

ODI Star
Runs
Post of the Week
first of all salam my fellow PPers:moyo

Ive recently decided to take part in the upcoming club cricket season in summer and will need a bat to take part in the indoor nets sessions which are ongoing i rekon, the last time i took part in a season must have been a year n a half ago so i have a little bit of knowledge on what i want from my playing days:malik..... but other then that dont really have a clue:yk

I am looking for a bat where the handle is not too thin and not too thick (SH), i want it to be light but not too light which has the the ability to play powerful lofted shots.

Jazakhallah for any advices appreciate it a million ;)

Last edited:
Whats your budget and what type of pitches and batsman are you? Do you have high bounce or low bounce?

budget would be from £100-150 as am from the UK, am a middle order batsman like to be patient and look for singles and doubles but also can be really aggressive, and not sure what u mean by pitches and high/low bounce? i like to bat on pitches where there is low bounce

JazaakAllah Khair for all of that information, I appreciate it!

I meant to ask the pitches you play on do they have high bounce or low bounce.

But anyways, the given information is sufficient.

Personally the bat I would recommend would be Gray Nicolls Oblivion and the model would be 4 Star as that perfectly fits in your budget.

That bat is very good in my opinion.

However, having said that I would highly recommend you to visit a shop nearby and feel the bats and by the bat which feels the best for you.

In the meantime I will look other options too!

Personally the bat I would recommend would be Gray Nicolls Oblivion and the model would be 4 Star as that perfectly fits in your budget.

However, having said that I would highly recommend you to visit a shop nearby and feel the bats and by the bat which feels the best for you.

brother cd, I went today with my brother to buy an oblivion and his price range was up to the players version about £225 (he's dead against £300 bats and says they are not worth it etc)

anyway some of the players and limited edition gn oblivion and powerbow were not very nice and I would definately advise the brother to not go for a 4 star which will be of an even lower quality.

(btw he picked up an oblivion extreme pro for about £190, about 11 grains, 2:12; 41mm edges and one of the best pings tested with mallet and ball that Ive seen (only problem was cosmetically; two grains very close together but the ping was top notch; to be honest I was surprised about the ping)

at the price of £100-150 Id go for an asian bat (but I prefer them anyway)

@shaz619 where do you live bro ?

Thanks for the suggestion cover drive, most of the pitches i will play on probably would be high bounce, could you have a look at this site please its the only cricket company which is local to me

http://www.boundarysports.com/section/index.php?section=cricket&action=products&product_type=5

But i don't mind buying from other places online or even pakistan if there is a site which ships to the UK because i think the best bats are from pakistan? (that puts me off looking for a bat from a shop nearby) but i guess the cost would be a little bit more but if it lasts me longer wouldnt mind paying extra

brother cd, I went today with my brother to buy an oblivion and his price range was up to the players version about £225 (he's dead against £300 bats and says they are not worth it etc)

anyway some of the players and limited edition gn oblivion and powerbow were not very nice and I would definately advise the brother to not go for a 4 star which will be of an even lower quality.

(btw he picked up an oblivion extreme pro for about £190, about 11 grains, 2:12; 41mm edges and one of the best pings tested with mallet and ball that Ive seen (only problem was cosmetically; two grains very close together but the ping was top notch; to be honest I was surprised about the ping)

Am from Birmingham, that's what i assume to that asian bats would probably be the better choice but being in birmingham i don't really have many options apart from online

Am from Birmingham, that's what i assume to that asian bats would probably be the better choice but being in birmingham i don't really have many options apart from online

bro, click onto the link, this guy lives in/near birmingham; he has sg bats and ss limited edition @ about £170; I know his feedback isnt great but the bats are legit as far as I know; if I were you Id go and test a few out; I think last week he had a sg sunny gold, 14 grains for about £140; he's definately worth a visit as its local to you; click on one of the bats and his number is at the bottom:

imo go for a sg/ss/bdm if he has them; let me know if you go insha'Allah; all the best

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/2012crick...rtingGoods_CricketBats_SM&_trksid=p4340.l2562

bro, click onto the link, this guy lives in/near birmingham; he has sg bats and ss limited edition @ about £170; I know his feedback isnt great but the bats are legit as far as I know; if I were you Id go and test a few out; I think last week he had a sg sunny gold, 14 grains for about £140; he's definately worth a visit as its local to you; click on one of the bats and his number is at the bottom:

imo go for a sg/ss/bdm if he has them; let me know if you go insha'Allah; all the best

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/2012crick...rtingGoods_CricketBats_SM&_trksid=p4340.l2562

I"ll let you know he has a couple of decent bats, don't really know which one would suit me,

i found the ss limited edition at about £120 check it out, the reviews are very positive

http://onlinestockist.com/SS-Limited-Edition-Grade-1-English-Willow-Cricket-Bat-P107969.aspx

I had Gray Nicolls Powerbow 3 Star and that bat was one of the best performing bat for me and it served me extremely well and it gave me a belief that Gray Nicolls lower end bats are not as bad as people think.

Having said that lately with introduction of premium bats such as Legends, GM Players Edition etc the LE of last or so years have been promoted to Legends, Players etc and obviously same goes for others, does it make sense?

So I'm not surprised to hear how few LEs you saw didn't look good.

Thanks for the suggestion cover drive, most of the pitches i will play on probably would be high bounce, could you have a look at this site please its the only cricket company which is local to me

http://www.boundarysports.com/section/index.php?section=cricket&action=products&product_type=5

But i don't mind buying from other places online or even pakistan if there is a site which ships to the UK because i think the best bats are from pakistan? (that puts me off looking for a bat from a shop nearby) but i guess the cost would be a little bit more but if it lasts me longer wouldnt mind paying extra

For £150 I'd say Hell4Leather is good, have a look at there website and they have bespoke bat from £150 (I think, the banner is still there maybe email Matt and see).

http://www.h4l.co.uk/index.php/

There bats are quite good actually.

Or you can consider the following Millichamp and Hall bat, ask AamerM Bhai anything about Millichamp and Hall and he'll tell you how good they are :)) (and there is no doubt that they aren't).

http://www.prodirectcricket.com/Pro...-Short-Handle-Natural-Finish-Green-16519.aspx

I would suggest you calling ProDirect first and see what they say whether it is Grade 1 and whether they have it in stock or not.

You can also email following people as I think they had few bats for a very good price, not sure if they still have it but when you email do mention you came from PakPassion/Uzair/Cover Drive

http://www.blankbats.co.uk/landing.html

But do bear in mind there bats would have thick handles but confirm with them they can or might have thin handles too!

I"ll let you know he has a couple of decent bats, don't really know which one would suit me,

i found the ss limited edition at about £120 check it out, the reviews are very positive

http://onlinestockist.com/SS-Limited-Edition-Grade-1-English-Willow-Cricket-Bat-P107969.aspx

That is a good price too!

bro cd I agree with you that it doesnt have to be top of the range for it to perform well; its just that those bats I saw yesterday were not very good at all and they were supposed to be grade 1 willow (in terms of looks anyway).

I had Gray Nicolls Powerbow 3 Star and that bat was one of the best performing bat for me and it served me extremely well and it gave me a belief that Gray Nicolls lower end bats are not as bad as people think.

Having said that lately with introduction of premium bats such as Legends, GM Players Edition etc the LE of last or so years have been promoted to Legends, Players etc and obviously same goes for others, does it make sense?

So I'm not surprised to hear how few LEs you saw didn't look good.

For £150 I'd say Hell4Leather is good, have a look at there website and they have bespoke bat from £150 (I think, the banner is still there maybe email Matt and see).

http://www.h4l.co.uk/index.php/

There bats are quite good actually.

Or you can consider the following Millichamp and Hall bat, ask AamerM Bhai anything about Millichamp and Hall and he'll tell you how good they are :)) (and there is no doubt that they aren't).

http://www.prodirectcricket.com/Pro...-Short-Handle-Natural-Finish-Green-16519.aspx

I would suggest you calling ProDirect first and see what they say whether it is Grade 1 and whether they have it in stock or not.

You can also email following people as I think they had few bats for a very good price, not sure if they still have it but when you email do mention you came from PakPassion/Uzair/Cover Drive

http://www.blankbats.co.uk/landing.html

But do bear in mind there bats would have thick handles but confirm with them they can or might have thin handles too!

That is a good price too!

Those bats seem great in particular i like the Millichamp, cover drive bhai i emailed a website saying that i don't want the handle to be too thick but not too thin either basically everything in my first post they replied asking me a diameter, but i wasn't too sure what figure to give, do you have an idea of what diameter ranges there are for handles in particular for my requirments please and what do you think of this bat click the link below its an as v12 do you think it would be suitable for my requirements it looks so good mashallah lol

http://www.sialkotshop.com/as-sports-v-12-cricket-bat.html

Last edited:
Millichamp and Hall bats are indeed quite good and Millichamp and Hall is one of the most reputable brand.

Anyways, diameter is really not a good way of measuring the handle to be honest. The reason is because the diameter varies as you go down the handle for some bats. For example, GM handles are thicker from top but as you go down, it gets slightly thinner. So that is not a good way of measuring.

However, what you can ask SportsDirect is if the bat they are selling have round or oval handle. Ask this and then let me know what they say. Also which bat do you currently use? It will give me idea of its handle.

AS V12 is a very good bat, there is no doubt in that but comparison of AS and Millichamp and Hall is not fair as I believe Millichamp and Hall is far more classy and better. AS no doubt have amazing bats but there handles (sometime not always) let them down.

Millichamp and Hall bats are indeed quite good and Millichamp and Hall is one of the most reputable brand.

Anyways, diameter is really not a good way of measuring the handle to be honest. The reason is because the diameter varies as you go down the handle for some bats. For example, GM handles are thicker from top but as you go down, it gets slightly thinner. So that is not a good way of measuring.

However, what you can ask SportsDirect is if the bat they are selling have round or oval handle. Ask this and then let me know what they say. Also which bat do you currently use? It will give me idea of its handle.

AS V12 is a very good bat, there is no doubt in that but comparison of AS and Millichamp and Hall is not fair as I believe Millichamp and Hall is far more classy and better. AS no doubt have amazing bats but there handles (sometime not always) let them down.

Thats a good point for the handles, i emailed the websites listed in your previous post asking them which handle types they sell hopefully they reply soon, i assume that the round handles are thinner and lighter?, I have an MB malik sher amin, i don't think its too heavy but i know there so many lighters bats out there capable of the same power, the sher amin i feel is more of a 20/20 bat capable of very powerful shots but i think it limits my stroke play which could be due to its handle maybe?

Yes, round handles are thinner and lighter compared to oval handles.

This bat would be completely different to Sher Amin, it will feel much better and it will be whole different experience.

You could go to V sports coventry mate :).They have quite a good collection and also do a custom bat service.I live near Brum too Redditch.

Yes, round handles are thinner and lighter compared to oval handles.

This bat would be completely different to Sher Amin, it will feel much better and it will be whole different experience.

That's what i thought which is why i really need to look for the perfect bat for me are there bats which combine the oval and rounde handle designs? which type do you think is best

and cover Drive bhai i emailed the following to blank bats "I am looking for a bat where the handle is not too thin and not too thick, i want it to be light but not too light which has the the ability to play powerful lofted shots, also do you sell bats which have a round handle or an oval handle?"

They replied back "Unfortunately all our handles are the large oval type. Moreover this specification is too vague. All our bats are made in the UK, they come with a gentle bow in the blade to aid pick up and lofted shots"

You could go to V sports coventry mate :).They have quite a good collection and also do a custom bat service.I live near Brum too Redditch.

V sports is far from me, i live near Edgbaston lol

That's what i thought which is why i really need to look for the perfect bat for me are there bats which combine the oval and rounde handle designs? which type do you think is best

and cover Drive bhai i emailed the following to blank bats "I am looking for a bat where the handle is not too thin and not too thick, i want it to be light but not too light which has the the ability to play powerful lofted shots, also do you sell bats which have a round handle or an oval handle?"

They replied back "Unfortunately all our handles are the large oval type. Moreover this specification is too vague. All our bats are made in the UK, they come with a gentle bow in the blade to aid pick up and lofted shots"

Ah man those BlankBats people are very savvy on handles and they don't like anything else apart from a thick oval handle lol

Ah man those BlankBats people are very savvy on handles and they don't like anything else apart from a thick oval handle lol

lol oh well ill have to see what the other cricket sites have to offer

Cover Drive bhai Pro direct finally got back to me with the following response "The bats that are available on the website will vary in weight, I would suggest you pick a 'light' categoirsed bat which will weigh between 2lbs 6oz and 2ilb 9oz. The images available on the website should show whether the bat handle is round or oval. The bat handles come from the supplier with just one thin grip on them, therefore you will not have a problem with the grip being too big. I hope this helps a little, for further assistance can I suggest you contact the callcentre"

Hell4 leather also responded that "we can do a oval or round handle ,what shape/weight bat are you after"

Cover Drive bhai Pro direct finally got back to me with the following response "The bats that are available on the website will vary in weight, I would suggest you pick a 'light' categoirsed bat which will weigh between 2lbs 6oz and 2ilb 9oz. The images available on the website should show whether the bat handle is round or oval. The bat handles come from the supplier with just one thin grip on them, therefore you will not have a problem with the grip being too big. I hope this helps a little, for further assistance can I suggest you contact the callcentre"

From pictures it looks like a oval handle

I had emailed them that i wanted a round handle, weight 2.8lb with the middle being in the normal position and grade 1 english willow, my budget is £150, just received a reply saying that "Our Prices start at £175 for a grade 2 made to you requirements"

Shaz what are you looking for at £150?

Can I help?

I had emailed them that i wanted a round handle, weight 2.8lb with the middle being in the normal position and grade 1 english willow, my budget is £150, just received a reply saying that "Our Prices start at £175 for a grade 2 made to you requirements"

Was looking at their site...they are too damn expensive for a lesser known custom brand IMO..same is the case with most UK brands I guess..

Shaz what are you looking for at £150?

Can I help?

Any good bat really that will last me long not really sure what to look for (as i have only ever had a feel of a heavy bat which limited my stroke play) at that budget of mine ideally would want it to be grade 1 english willow, light at about 2.8lb (round handle) with a sweetspot in the normal position, i had a look at the millichamp and hall original bat on pro direct i like that bat but i think it has a high middle and not sure if its grade one english willow

Last edited:
Was looking at their site...they are too damn expensive for a lesser known custom brand IMO..same is the case with most UK brands I guess..

Yeah they are very expensive their cheapest bat is £150 which cover drive mentioned but i think its not in stock or there offer is not on, but if grade 2 english willow is for £175 grade 1 must be expensive

Ok, first thing, bats will not last you long....depends on what level you play, the care you take and so on.

At £150 for G1 willow, you will be hard pressed to find a G1. Especially, if you go looking at the bigger brands. I think your research has proved that to you.

My bats are going to be round handles, and whilst not wishing to push onto you, I have negotiated very hard with my supplier. Our Monarch brand is Grade 1 willow, and the clefts were picked by me. The key is how the bat maker shaves and what he gets out of the cleft, as people have a perception that Grade 1 means X number of grains. It doesnt. Some players I played with had the best willow and only 4/5/6 grains. So my own opinion is dont let that fool you...

Even my top bat which is Grade 1 will retail around £160. As the write up from Saj says the onus is supplying a quality product that can compare with anyones brand. I am waiting for the final costings, hence why I am saying around £160. However, others are offering you Grade 2 at £175, inshAllah no one will be disappointed with what I have to offer.....There was an issue with the sticker today otherwise I would have had images to show you. The stickers should be fixed by tomorrow or latest Thursday and the gear will be shipped for delivery on Saturday to arrive in the UK by the end of the month.

Lastly, willow prices are going up, not down....

Also, my bats will have toe guard, bat cover included in the cost and maybe another gift thrown in....thats for me to know!!!!

Hope this helps?

Last edited:
Ok, first thing, bats will not last you long....depends on what level you play, the care you take and so on.

At £150 for G1 willow, you will be hard pressed to find a G1. Especially, if you go looking at the bigger brands. I think your research has proved that to you.

My bats are going to be round handles, and whilst not wishing to push onto you, I have negotiated very hard with my supplier. Our Monarch brand is Grade 1 willow, and the clefts were picked by me. The key is how the bat maker shaves and what he gets out of the cleft, as people have a perception that Grade 1 means X number of grains. It doesnt. Some players I played with had the best willow and only 4/5/6 grains. So my own opinion is dont let that fool you...

Even my top bat which is Grade 1 will retail around £160. As the right up form Saj says the onus is supplying a quality product that can compare with anyones brand. I am waiting for the final costings, hence why I am saying around £160. However, others are offering you Grade 2 at £175, inshAllah no one will be disappointed with what I have to offer.....There was an issue with the sticker today otherwise I would have had images to show you. The stickers should be fixed by tomorrow or latest Thursday and the gear will be shipped for delivery on Saturday to arrive in the UK by the end of the month.

Lastly, willow prices are going up, not down....

Also, my bats will have toe guard, bat cover included in the cost and maybe another gift thrown in....thats for me to know!!!!

Hope this helps?

Thanks Noddy advice helped alot i guess in theory everyone prefers grade 1 english willow, it would be great if i could see some pictures is there a website you sell your bats on

Yes - you can add yourself to the Bouncer Sports facebook page - type in the name and you will find it, or the website is live at www.bouncersports.co.uk

Click into the equipment tab, and go through the sections.

The web designer is adding more information on and the bats will be up by weekend, Inshallah. The stickers werent right, so they are being reprinted tomorrow and rebadged.

Even the entry level bat, the Earl is the best Grade 3, I could find in the whole factory....I have tried my level best to bring out the best in my eyes.....

Finally, I am focusing on name awareness, not profit, but quality and consistency, I wont be changing everything next year and putting prices up by masses. Stay loyal to your customers and think about them. Hence, why I thought prices are getting out of hand for even the part time cricket lover, so time to step in....

Last edited:
Shaz Bhaim did you find a bat?

Once again email those BlankBats people and ask them, I'm sure recently they got thinner handles bats.

Shaz Bhaim did you find a bat?

Once again email those BlankBats people and ask them, I'm sure recently they got thinner handles bats.

No, just waiting for prodirect to refund my money as the millichamp and hall bat was out of stock i had emailed blank bats b4 they replied they didnt ill ask dem again, still looking for a bat CD bhai

Do you have a list of bats in mind or you still havent decided yet? Which bat do u use currently?

Do you have a list of bats in mind or you still havent decided yet? Which bat do u use currently?

I use to use a mb malik sher amin its heavy weight limited my stroke play, so idealy wd want a lighter bat bt nt too ligh because i wdnt be able to adjust to it having previously usd a heavy bat i dnt remember war weight it was maybe 2.12/13 so i think 2.10 wd be perfecr for me, maybe 2.9. I was looking at the puma range was intrested in as v12 but CD didnt reconmend that, budget is about 150 looking for a low to mid sweetspot round thin handle preferably (reduces weight) and i wil be using it on english wickets. Dont have many bats in mind due to not having much knowledge or experience with them so open to suggestions bro ;)

Last edited:
No, just waiting for prodirect to refund my money as the millichamp and hall bat was out of stock i had emailed blank bats b4 they replied they didnt ill ask dem again, still looking for a bat CD bhai

Ask them again, once again tell them Uzair sent you and ask them what do they have.

Its available only in 2.8 i think that could be too light? Btw wat grade english willow is it and is the sweetspot low

Nah I would say high to mid.

CD Bhai do you have any idea as to the BlankBat's prices...I emailed them waiting for a response?

I Know you need a b at your size and medium thick 2p -3p

If you want a good bat that you can super with less power need in your hands

i suggest you get one of these bat

Slazenger V12

9312357983846_1_4.jpg

Slazenger V360

SL11BTV360.jpg

dont worry its not to heavy in fact light and don`t worry it hits big with less force

Ask them again, once again tell them Uzair sent you and ask them what do they have.

Nah I would say high to mid.

I emailed them that once again previously they had said they never had thinner handles but hopefully they will...

Slazenger V12

9312357983846_1_4.jpg

Slazenger V360

SL11BTV360.jpg

dont worry its not to heavy in fact light and don`t worry it hits big with less force

The V360 has a sweetspot which is in the high to mid region not ideal for english wickets and i think its grade 3 english willow, i tried searching information on the V12

Slazenger V12

9312357983846_1_4.jpg

Slazenger V360

SL11BTV360.jpg

The V360 has a sweetspot which is in the high to mid region not ideal for english wickets and i think its grade 3 english willow, i tried searching information on the V12 specifications can not find it and i don't think anyone in the UK is selling that bat

I have noticed that Slazengers are one of least talked abt bats on this forum...doesnt seem to be a popular choice...although I must admit that I used to be crazy abt them cos of Kallis :D...I particularly liked the top of the handle with the big knob...gives a nice feel when gripping the bat..

141187.jpg

The V360 has a sweetspot which is in the high to mid region not ideal for english wickets and i think its grade 3 english willow, i tried searching information on the V12 specifications can not find it and i don't think anyone in the UK is selling that bat

don`t worry i have V12 and played with it for long time
and V360 is more newer

I have noticed that Slazengers are one of least talked abt bats on this forum...doesnt seem to be a popular choice...although I must admit that I used to be crazy abt them cos of Kallis :D...I particularly liked the top of the handle with the big knob...gives a nice feel when gripping the bat..

141187.jpg

What are you talking about it dawm popular and on tv you will see a lot of people using it

i seen it on tv 100s of time on cricket matches

don`t worry i have V12 and played with it for long time
and V360 is more newer

Bro, is the V12 grade 1 english willow? and what part of the bat is the sweet spot from the lower end to the middle or from the middle to the higher part of the bat?

Bro, is the V12 grade 1 english willow? and what part of the bat is the sweet spot from the lower end to the middle or from the middle to the higher part of the bat?

it basically called Slazenger V12 Ultimate what do you mean by sweet spot ?

What are you talking about it dawm popular and on tv you will see a lot of people using it

i seen it on tv 100s of time on cricket matches

I wouldnt say lot of ppl K.O....the number has reduced drastically...I was referring to the fact that I havent seen many ppl recommend it on this forum.

V12 is an old model...u should probably look at V200 shaz619....that has a low middle.

V12 is an old model...u should probably look at V200 shaz619....that has a low middle.

V200 seems like an awesome bat, but a bit too expensive i think its around the £200ish mark.... I found someone on the internet who is selling a V12 for £80 2.9lb they claim the sweetspot is towards the lower end, round handle and it is grade one english willow, i have asked the guy to email me some pictures, will upload them when he does... so that you guys can judge it as i won't be able to tell if its grade 1 and whether is fake or not lol

i know that but its still good and has a good value but v200 is new and better but look at V360 as well

It may be good but wot is the point in recommending something that the guy may not be able to find in the market..also, Slazengers are good but I personally find them overpriced. A G2 costs you around £200.

Man V12 is better than you think all you need to do is knock the bat and oil it if you are willing to

and then you play trust me i been using V12 for 1 year and it allways been a light powerhouse bat

It may be good but wot is the point in recommending something that the guy may not be able to find in the market..also, Slazengers are good but I personally find them overpriced. A G2 costs you around £200.

U can only buy v12 in Australia , England, South Africa

Man V12 is better than you think all you need to do is knock the bat and oil it if you are willing to

and then you play trust me i been using V12 for 1 year and it allways been a light powerhouse bat

where have you been using it K.0 on english pitches?

Here are the pictures of the V12 guys, do you think its grade 1 english willow and is it fake or okay?

Attachments

• IMG_0065.JPG
    IMG_0065.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 489
  • IMG_0067.JPG
    IMG_0067.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 438
  • IMG_0069.JPG
    IMG_0069.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 488
  • IMG_0071.JPG
    IMG_0071.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 534
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 527
Looks very nice. I don't think you should get too hung up on grades as each manufacturer has a different grading system so there is no level playing field where grading is concerned.

Here are the pictures of the V12 guys, do you think its grade 1 english willow and is it fake or okay?

I am no expert but I havent such a dark Slazenger...maybe its the pics...maybe it is the oiling...the last pic looks more like it...thats the shade most slazengers are...I have my doubts abt the authenticity but I could be wrong.

... and seeing those grains...definitely doesn't look like a Grade1 to me.

Last edited:
shaz619 ... you planning to buy a used bat?

I don't mind, especially if its a good deal but if the condition of the bat is too too poor then i wouldnt

its his bat probably

No, it's not my bat i followed a link for the slazenger v12 on to a fourum where it was advertised and emailed the guy for further info...

I am no expert but I havent such a dark Slazenger...maybe its the pics...maybe it is the oiling...the last pic looks more like it...thats the shade most slazengers are...I have my doubts abt the authenticity but I could be wrong.

... and seeing those grains...definitely doesn't look like a Grade1 to me.

Thanks for that smasher, i had my doubts but like i said previously i can't really tell, i won't buy it wasn't too intrested initially, he said it was grade 1 english willow so no point buying something of a lier.

I wouldn't advice a used bat unless it is dirt cheap... wouldn't mind risking a small amount to add something to the kit and have as a spare. Also, not sure about original/fake but that doesn't look like Grade 1 to me..Slazengers have beautiful willow...that one looks asian to me.

shaz619 trust me you can bye the bat in good condition and brand new i did and it cost 80 buck it used to be 150 buck when i bought it

Last edited:
Just saw the above pics; are you getting it from Jonathan? He is a nice guy. But the V12 has a very high sweet spot. Good luck.

Back