CT 2009 | Semi Final 2| 3/10/09 | Pakistan V New Zealand | Wanderers | NZ Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rana should never play for Pakistan again. He has always leaked runs at crucial stage.

pak4life said:
How the hell did we lose this match im in shock. Hope the team get all the flak they deserve

We lost cos in the game of cricket one team looses.......... it was NZ's day and thats all it is.

At least we lost fighting till the end..... couple of things didn't go our way else we would have been on the side!!

Da Best said:
Now this is interesting. I Rana bowled a maiden there, he would have been a hero, but instead will be the one the people will point their knives at first. Congrats to NZ! Well deserved. As for my team, they need to re think there fielding BIG TIME. Kick out the dead rubber asap.

Thats the way things are - bowling no balls is criminal especially with the batting powerplay

hashman said:
Spot On there. Some of the calls were going too far but nothing can be considered too far after what hapened to Umar Akmal.

Go the Aussies on Monday
1 decision ...most of the lbws in nz innings were clearly not out

i am sorry but the problem lies in your batting if 10 and 11 can get 30 what were the rest doing??

I am sure POINTING is the happiest person right now!!

If Pakistan had won, there was still some chance of Aus loosing........ now this CT is also sealed to them.

Thanks to Taufel too had Umar Akmal had made 20 30 more we MAYBE would have won the match

So we lost .

In my opinion , we deserved to loose . A dismal batting performance , below average fielding if compared to Nz's and missed chances . The only thing that was good about us was the bowling and today even that wasn't upto mark in the death overs .

On a serious note , I would be worried about the phatans.................people can get emotional .

C'mon, guys. It's just a game. Don't go overboard. Take my example. I'm already over it. :)

pun500 said:
1 decision ...most of the lbws in nz innings were clearly not out

i am sorry but the problem lies in your batting if 10 and 11 can get 30 what were the rest doing??

Yeah its a good point Pun. What were your batsmen doing in their semi?

Oh wait..

You cannot bat with defense in mind especially in a SF situation where it is high pressure. Our openers made a solid start for us but after that we just fell apart.

Other than Umar Akmal no one batted with the right state of mind on the pitch. The total was always going to be on the lower side and our batting implosions of boundary and out do not help either.

Rana does deserve some blame for his bowling because YOU CANNOT AND I MEAN CANNOT bowl no balls like that especially in powerplays. However, our bowling was quite good on the whole and when fielders are dropping absolute sitters you just cannot expect to win at this level.

Well played by NZ and good luck to them in the final. Pakistan need to go back and do some serious thinking about their batting because it is ridiculously below par apart from the one aberration that was the India match

Well I guess we deserved it didn't we. A champion team is a complete team, just the bowlers can't help the team achieve Champion status can they?

What use is a captain lyk him? A top order batsman who cant manage more than 10 runs and drops crucial catches! Why didnt he sit out when he admitted he was unfit? The answer is simple,,,,,he was afraid...what if lala lead pak to a CT win....he would have been kicked out 4sho! Then he talks big tym about playing 4 da team and not for himself....Great goings! If he had scored 40 to 50 runs lyk a top order FIt batsman shud and can then it wud hav been an aus pak final....but.............

Not that devastated over this loss - good game, we were outplayed. Best of luck to NZ, at least we reserve bragging rights over the tournament heavyweights (lightweights?)

A virtual second sting NZ batting side won it easily in the end .. Malik , Yusuf and Yunis can bask in the glory of reaching semis by beating India .. Status quo will remain ..

abcanada said:
I am sure POINTING is the happiest person right now!!

If Pakistan had won, there was still some chance of Aus loosing........ now this CT is also sealed to them.
This is ridiculous. We played in Australia this year and drew 2-2, unlucky to win when the last game was rained out. We always step up against the Aussies.

Pakistan need to research why they play well under par at this ground. They've lost 7 out of the last 8 matches here, why?

did you hear robert craft laughing in the background when younis was babbling away without making sense!

Vettori "out captained" Yunis .. Shone both with bat and ball and led a very inexperienced side missing big names - from the front

Presentation ceremony
Younis Khan: "I think we were 20-25 runs short. At one stage, we looked like making 250, all the time we are struggling in the Powerplays and we collapsed.

"The plan was that someone from the top four should stay, it was a good pitch to bat, if you score 250, it would have been very good.

"If I take that catch, maybe things may have changed, but in sports this is not the first time."

"We won the World Twenty20 and reached the semi-finals here. We are improving day by day."

Vettori: "It all started with the way we bowled. 230 was a score we fancied we could chase. We have not been a consistent side, but we have managed to do that here."

"We were always thinking of making it 60 off 60, we didn't quite get there but with the Powerplays, it makes such a difference. Elliott was great against Gul in that over which tool the game away from them.

SERIOUSLY WHY DOESN'T HE OWN UP AND SAY....I HOLED PAK INTO THIS SH** :pissed:

Lost against Kiwis...Gutted.
Our boys got a lot to learn if they wanna win trophies..

Hope chelsea win 2mao some consolation..:0)

I really feel like slapping the Pak batsman and Vettori aswell.

cricket_fever said:
What use is a captain lyk him? A top order batsman who cant manage more than 10 runs and drops crucial catches! Why didnt he sit out when he admitted he was unfit? The answer is simple,,,,,he was afraid...what if lala lead pak to a CT win....he would have been kicked out 4sho! Then he talks big tym about playing 4 da team and not for himself....Great goings! If he had scored 40 to 50 runs lyk a top order FIt batsman shud and can then it wud hav been an aus pak final....but.............

this is the most rearded post i ever came across.... how old are you boy ???

nzl fought hard eventhough they were nt the better team on paper..pakistan made a lot of blunders ...233 on that wicket even with their bowling line up and nzl weak batting was nt gonna be enough

Chalo. Over and behind us.

A few things to work on ASAP if we want any future in cricket because as we know, the world cricketing community is out to cut us off every chance they get.

1. Just like we have high profile bowling camps, we need batting and fielding camps too, asap.

2. We have bench strength. Time to rest people who didnt perform in this tourney and get those who are in form. This will improve our team performance and give a jolt to those who didnt perform that if they continue with the slacking, they are not needed.

3. Play as many matches as possible, both ODI's and tests. Next year looks good in this regard because we have some tourneys lined up. We gotta make the most of it.

4. More emphasis on Quaid e Azam trophy and other such local competitions to scout new talent.

Yonus was the weak link here.
He was definitely injured and he should not have played. His decision to send Shoib Malik to face new ball (Bond) was atrocious. He knows Malik doesn't have the technique or will to play as an opener or no 3.
He derailed the inning in the match against Aus. Team took Aus match very casually until the last 12 overs. They needed to stay in Centurion and not come back to bouncy Wanderers pitch. EVERYONE TRIED TO RUN THE BALL TO THIRD MAN AND GOT OUT.

At the end, the dropped catch for Elliott may have something to do with his finger??

Positive news is that team is making good progress but it still needs two top class batsman to be a world beater.

Maybe Pakistan should have given credit to New Zealand before the match, by looking at their recent chase record and looking at their own record of poor performance at this ground, rather than resting on their laurels of number of tournament wins over the New Zees. Oh, and maybe they could train to field better and bowl more accurately, 18 extras to New Zees 13 today.

sali said:
Yonus was the weak link here.
He was definitely injured and he should not have played. His decision to send Shoib Malik to face new ball (Bond) was atrocious. He knows Malik doesn't have the technique or will to play as an opener or no 3.

Yes sir!, However who should have played at the 3 then?

Furthermore who would have replaced Younis?

Bummer. I would've wanted to play you in the final. Beating the Hobbits doesn't have the same ring to it. :(

OZGOD said:
Bummer. I would've wanted to play you in the final. Beating the Hobbits doesn't have the same ring to it. :(

but NZ beating you would definitely have a nice ring to it :p

Fellas . True we lost but Yk isn't the type of man that would have his spirit downed . Why Yk's main goals were beating India and reaching the semi-final if I remember . I wish him good luck for Nz series , hopefully we'll get his revenge :D .

He knows that this is cricket , anything can happen . He's surely gonna look at the positives from this tourny instead of the negatives .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back