Currently Naseem Shah is amongst the top 5 bowlers in the world

mominsaigol

ODI Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
I wanted to make this post for a while,

I'm genuinely surprised no one talks about naseem Shah much. If you look at his career, he's always been extremely economical and takes wickets. The only game he failed to take a wicket in was the embarrassing India defeat and injustice was done to him cause he should have gotten gill's wicket. He dismissed the guy 2x but chacha is a hilarious slip fielder and Babar is a terrible fielding captain.

In the NZ series which was played on a flat pitch, ever bowler was being tonked, except for naseem who was a million dollars in terms of wickets and economy. Unlike shaheen and Rauf he doesn't really panic if he gets hit a few times either.

The reason for naseem's success is his ability to bowl pure Glenn mcgrath level line and length consistently at high pace and swing. He's a terrific new ball, middle overs and death bowler. Pure economy and wicket taking ability.

People always quote stats on me, but it's ironic how hypocritical they can be, shall I show you shaheen's stats in the middle overs?

Don't get me wrong, I am not slandering shaheen, I think shaheen is a class bowler but just like babar he's good but the media hypes him as the second coming of Joel Garner lol. Shaheen relies on that early inswing at the start and reverse swing, slow balls or yorkers at the death to get the job done. He's clueless in the middle overs or if his strategy of early inswing doesn't work hence he gets tonked.

Naseem is genuinely class and that's why I am so mad as to why he didn't get contract A and how badly our clueless captain has mistreated him so much so that the lad will miss out on his first world cup, what a tragedy, its possible naseem may come back from injury and not be the same so I wanted to make this respect thread just in case. Hate babar ong.

BTW, I don't think Naseem is top 1 or anything or better then bumrah. Unlike Rauf or bumrah he lacks the variation or the intelligence to actually take wickets and get 5 wicket hauls in the middle, his variation is usually the same line and length balls.

But that line and length gives us economy + wickets. Shame he's missing out tbh. Wish he got contract A. Yall need to really respect this lad more, he's easily our best bowler, media is fooling you with shaheen, Shaheen is good but he's ironically the weakest of our trio, Naseem and Rauf are superior bowlers lol. I kinda want ihsanullah to eventually learn line and length and replace shaheen. Ihsanullah bowling at 150+ line and length along with maseem and Rauf would be a killer bowling line up. But atm ihsanullah has terrible line and length and is not better then shaheen.

The way Naseem Shah was bowling in the recent Asia Cup, he looked to the best bowler. He certainly has skills and speed to be the best fast bowler in the world but PCB should take better care of his workload.

The way Naseem Shah was bowling in the recent Asia Cup, he looked to the best bowler. He certainly has skills and speed to be the best fast bowler in the world but PCB should take better care of his workload.
He's superior to shaheen and Rauf imo. Best fast bowler I disagree since he lacks the variation and wicket taking ability that Rauf and bunrah has, he just bowls line and length and gets a wicket and is economical due to tight lines.

But he's defo top 5 bowlers. I see naseem becoming a Glenn mcgrath type bowler, not much variation but a genuine wicket taker.

Naseem has taken a wicket or multiple wickets in every odi game he played minus one game against India, and even then he got robbed of the shubman Gill wicket on 2 seprate occasions. That's how good he is.

Indeed he can easily surpass Siraj if he keeps playing without any fitness issue, he is one of the best white ball bowler right now.

I rate him above Shaheen Shah Afridi because of his better control of ball.

I always find it hard to understand why Pakistani fans favour mercurial performance over consistent performance over a fairly decent sample size. I like Nassem , he is good, but he needs to accomplish something before he can be considered best in the world.

You can't just watch his performance over a series and declare that he is the best in the world. Pakistan needs to start thinking in long term if they need to compete in this.

I agree… Naseem is a great bowler and its a shame that he is not participating in this World cup.. its a huge loss for Pakistan team, even more so, when Hasan Ali is replacing him

However I do hope that he becaomes more aggressive and develops genuine wicket taking ability… right now, he relies on economy more to get wickets..and thats intentional from him, as he has said it in interviews also..so i hope becaomes more attacking as a bowler who looks for wickets always ..like Rauf and Shaheen..

Starc
Cummins
Hazlewood
Bumrah
Shaheen
Archer
Boult

I'd easily take any of these guys over Naseem and there's definitely more. Naseem still has a lot to prove

I always find it hard to understand why Pakistani fans favour mercurial performance over consistent performance over a fairly decent sample size. I like Nassem , he is good, but he needs to accomplish something before he can be considered best in the world.

You can't just watch his performance over a series and declare that he is the best in the world. Pakistan needs to start thinking in long term if they need to compete in this.
Long term wise, he's already outperformed every bowler in our trio based of the no of games he played.

I agree… Naseem is a great bowler and its a shame that he is not participating in this World cup.. its a huge loss for Pakistan team, even more so, when Hasan Ali is replacing him

However I do hope that he becaomes more aggressive and develops genuine wicket taking ability… right now, he relies on economy more to get wickets..and thats intentional from him, as he has said it in interviews also..so i hope becaomes more attacking as a bowler who looks for wickets always ..like Rauf and Shaheen..
Yes but economy + wickets win you matches.

Theirs no point of a 5 wicket haul if the opposition still reaches a 300 score.

I'd take a 35 to 40 for 2 or 3 wickets anyday over a 80 for 5 lol

He's a really good bowler, often criticized unnecessarily and very underrated.

Because of his height, his margin of error's a lot smaller hence he does provide a few more bad balls than Shaheen.
With that said he's drastically improved his line and length. Now most balls look like wicket taking deliveries. He swings the ball both ways, gets reverse hence good with the old bowl and decent at cleaning up the tail. Nothing not to like.
Honestly not sure why he gets hate on the forum.

Lol whats his Test average, thats where your judged, he may be a fine ODI bowler but everyone knows its your test record that lasts forever.

Having said that I do think he can improve his average. ( plus hes at least 3 years older in real life)

I'm a bit confused. Cause the op has me praising naseem shah as our best bowler in Pakistan but did I actually claim he's top 5 in the world? I don't recall that, My bad if I did.

But he's defo the best pakistani bowler when I stated this, I'll still back him as our current best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back