Do Bangladesh really deserve to play Test matches?

I know the die hard supporters of Bangladesh will get mad at me for saying this, but because of them; players are able to pile up on the test runs.. Nowadays, every time we talk about stats, we eliminate the stats of players against Bangladesh & Zimbawe.. Plus, it's no joy watching a team which has a 2% chance of winning the test against any of the top sides. Please forgive me BD fans. I know truth hurts, but Bangladesh is really not a test side..

I am afraid they were introduced too early into test cricket. They should not have been given the status in the first place, and we should be wary of giving test status to any new associate nations. But I don't think bangla's test status should be revoked, now that they have it. It is very difficult for a new nation to excel at test cricket, unlike ODIs and T20s. Bangladesh will be a good team in 10-15 years from now, because that is the time it takes to produce good test teams. But if you revoke their test status then they will never succeed in test cricket.

ofcourse they deserve.they will only get better by playing against the top teams.i still feel this test match gonna be a draw.

Its hard to judge whether they have improved when all of their home pitches are essentially flat roads. That being said, it would be a bit harsh to take it off them now when they are showing signs of improvement

I do not follow Bangla cricket, but didn't they have success against Kiwis and Windies? Was it all in ODI's?

No. They were only introduced to increase BCCI influence at the ICC, not on merit. They have not got any better since then. They one one test against an equally poor ZIM and two against what was effectively WI 3rds.

Compare that to SL who steadily improved and won the World Cup just fifteen years after inception IIRC.

If there are two divisions then they should be in division two, else they should be playing LO cricket only.

Last edited:
I am afraid they were introduced too early into test cricket.

I see it bit differently. You are not going to improve much without having a decent domestic stricture and even then it takes 2-3 generations to improve. BD playing 60-70 tests in 10 years is not going to help here. BD should have played tests less often and focus more on getting a good domestic structure. BD players don't play any longer format in some other domestic leagues as well.

BD should have improved by now look at SL they have a smaller population one of the most corrupt boards in world cricket but they still are a competitive side BD are a decent LOI side but that's it

They're "decent" in ODIs at home, that's it...

icc should take away test status from bangladesh & give it to ireland

No. They were only introduced to increase BCCI influence at the ICC, not on merit. They have not got any better since then. They one one test against an equally poor ZIM and two against what was effectively WI 3rds.

Compare that to SL who steadily improved and won the World Cup just fifteen years after inception IIRC.

If there are two divisions then they should be in division two, else they should be playing LO cricket only.

That is a rubbish comment and just proves that you have not been following Bangladesh cricket at all. To even suggest that players like Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim, Tamim Iqbal and Nasir Hossain aren't an improvement on BD's first generation Test players is simply idiotic. Players back in those days had no skill whatsoever, they were just a determined bunch of individuals. Whereas the current lot are as skilled as players from any other part of the world but lack severely in temperament and experience. That's what happens when the first-class structure in the country is so weak. Pace bowling is the major concern. Bangladesh still haven't been able to find even a half-decent pacer and are forced to pick jokers like Rubel and Shahadat.

As far as this Test is concerned I think it's just a case of Bangladesh being caught off-guard. After a strong showing against NZ they had to wait four months for their next series - time they spent playing T20s. On the other Sri Lanka have kept busy by playing a highly competitive series against strong opposition. Also you can't ignore the fact that the pitch was much more bowler-friendly on day one and then flattened like a pancake from then onwards. The poor umpiring decisions and the dropped catches haven't helped either.

Last edited:
If the pitch stays the same I won't be surprised if Bangladesh manage to pile on 500+ in their second innings and maybe even draw this Test.

What? They may not have improved on stats, but have surely moved ahead on the skill front. They have some individual stars (like Shakib who is one of the top all rounders in the world) now which was surely not there when they started playing.

No, although they are improving however it's just very very slow. In 30-40 years they should be competitive against the big teams. Meanwhile batsmen will use them to boost their averages.

Last edited:
No, a big NO.
They are not good enough. First get good and then come to play with the big boys.

They are a competative side in odi's at home, so they are developing in loi which is good to see.

Regarding their test status this is why I am in favour of the 2 tier test system (don't agree with the excemption rule AT ALL). They will be in tier 2 obviously where they will face the "easier" opponent's hence devolping their skill's and building their confidence, morale, self belief and most importantly the incentive that if they can get promoted in tier 2 and will definatly face India, England and Australia which I am sure is what they are alway's aiming for. Once in tier 1 I am sure they will hone their skill's and a lot depend's on BCB to develop a tough FC system which will go a long way into developing talent.

Last edited:
The relegation would have done Bangla cricket a world of good. They would have finally woke up and not taken their position for granted, the only thing about the relegation system which was heinous was the Big 3 having permenant spots irrespective of their performance the rest would have been really good for cricket.

Bangladesh dont deserve test status, Ireland are better team in my opinion, if they had played tests with likes of Morgan, Ed-Joyce, Rankin and Dockrell, they would have done much better than Bangladesh

A two tier system with a possibilty of pro/rel for all time is quite clearly the best system.

Only having a cricket crazy fans and hacking others account dont help you. Fact is Benaglis can't play cricket.
End of discussion.

Well I hope they improve.
On the ominous side of things - this question might be asked in the 'new' ICC a couple of years down the road and if it comes to a vote: I hope they dont look at Pakistan, South Africa and Sri Lanka for support :)

No been saying this for Ages. Ireland will do much better than them any day.

I do not see Bangladesh improving in tests in the future. The reason is the influence of T20 & ODI cricket. Same can be said of W.I, N.Z, Zim & Sri Lanka. Test cricket is tough & to be a tough side you need to improve your game technically & mentally.

In ODIs and T20 any team with limited ability can beat any top side on any given day. Bangladesh and the rest mentioned teams are happy winning atleast something in the shorter formats.

I do not see Bangladesh improving in tests in the future. The reason is the influence of T20 & ODI cricket. Same can be said of W.I, N.Z, Zim & Sri Lanka. Test cricket is tough & to be a tough side you need to improve your game technically & mentally.

In ODIs and T20 any team with limited ability can beat any top side on any given day. Bangladesh and the rest mentioned teams are happy winning atleast something in the shorter formats.

Problem is that though SL, WI, NZ dont take test cricket seriously but there is enough potential in them to remain in the mid tier of test cricket, but Bangladesh seriously have shown Zero potential in test cricket

And Shakib ul Hassan is at 2nd no in ICC Test allrounder's rankings.:)) Just 15 points behind no.1 allrounder ashwin.

Bangla will need 15-20 years to become competitive, even at home. It is not possible to rise up the ladder in test cricket without a rich domestic structure.

In my opinion, the time has come when ICC (or I say the Big Three) should come up with a strong statement that if any test playing nation fails to win even a a single Test against any top 6 sides home or away, it's Test status will be scrapped for the next 4 years. In those 4 years they wil be judged on their performances against top domestic sides of Eng, Aust, India, S.Africa & Pakistan in 4 day games, only then will their Test Status be reinstated.

No been saying this for Ages. Ireland will do much better than them any day.
So true. Ireland must get the test status ASAP.

Cannot believe these Bengalis cried fould when 'Big 3' was planning to relegate them into Tier 2 :facepalm:

So true. Ireland must get the test status ASAP.

Cannot believe these Bengalis cried fould when 'Big 3' was planning to relegate them into Tier 2 :facepalm:

To be honest the two tiers is the one good thing about this proposal (as soon as the non relegation clause gets removed).

It's quite clearly a waste of time for Bangladesh to tour certain nations.

The manner in which BCB first stood with CSA, PCB and SCB, and then broke ranks to switch sides and thereby leaving the other three in a much weaker position, I suspect that BCB will not get many, if any, from outside the big 3 to play Tests against them. And the big 3 will play absolutely the bare minimum that they can within the promises they have made to the BCB.

I would be very surprised if, from the start of the new agreement timetable (2015), BCB gets more than one or two tests per year. So in the short term they may think they've got a good deal, but in the long term they've signed their own death warrant as far as Test cricket is concerned.

The manner in which BCB first stood with CSA, PCB and SCB, and then broke ranks to switch sides and thereby leaving the other three in a much weaker position, I suspect that BCB will not get many, if any, from outside the big 3 to play Tests against them. And the big 3 will play absolutely the bare minimum that they can within the promises they have made to the BCB.

I would be very surprised if, from the start of the new agreement timetable (2015), BCB gets more than one or two tests per year. So in the short term they may think they've got a good deal, but in the long term they've signed their own death warrant as far as Test cricket is concerned.

Or maybe it's a suicide. They are horrible in Test Cricket with ZERO signs of improvement. Tests matches don't earn them a lot either. Why would they want to continue with it ?

Or maybe it's a suicide. They are horrible in Test Cricket with ZERO signs of improvement. Tests matches don't earn them a lot either. Why would they want to continue with it ?
But that's not the way THEY feel. That's why by getting the promises of not being permanently relegated as far as the Test structure is concerned they are willing to sign up to the gareement.

^They do get five tests on average, but mostly against zimbabwe, Srilanka, WI and New Zealand. Other teams rarely play them, no use playing 8 tests per year if you never get a chance to face the top teams.

No wonder they gave in to Big 3 proposal on the mere promise of not being stripped off of test status.
Pretty much proves that Bangladesh acknowledges itself that they don't deserve to be a test side.

^They do get five tests on average, but mostly against zimbabwe, Srilanka, WI and New Zealand. Other teams rarely play them, no use playing 8 tests per year if you never get a chance to face the top teams.

What's the benefit of them playing top sides when they play like this?

More Matthew Hayden's scoring 380?
Mitchell Johnson taking 37 wickets in two tests?

What's the benefit of them playing top sides when they play like this?

More Matthew Hayden's scoring 380?
Mitchell Johnson taking 37 wickets in two tests?

World cricket is seriously depleted though irrespective of Bangladesh.

I can see on current form Australia can white wash following nations in test series in Australia apart from Bangladesh-

India
Pakistan
Srilanka
West Indies

Exception-
South Africa & maybe New Zealand.

World cricket is seriously depleted though irrespective of Bangladesh.

I can see on current form Australia can white wash following nations in test series in Australia apart from Bangladesh-

India
Pakistan
Srilanka
West Indies

Exception-
South Africa & maybe New Zealand.

Only Indian is more likely to get whitewashed vs Australia in Australia than any of the other nations and maybe WI too. Pakistan has a really good bowling line up, Sri lanka has the best records in Australia in pas 2 years.

Only Indian is more likely to get whitewashed vs Australia in Australia than any of the other nations and maybe WI too. Pakistan has a really good bowling line up, Sri lanka has the best records in Australia in pas 2 years.

Sri Lanka got whitewashed last year.

Pakistan lost all three tests*, all five ODIs and both T20s last time they toured.

*should have won in Sydney

About time ICC took away Bangladesh test status & gives it to Ireland

Sri Lanka got whitewashed last year.

Pakistan lost all three tests*, all five ODIs and both T20s last time they toured.

*should have won in Sydney

Hahaha... That was awesome. Some posters just post nonsense without thinking.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Afg and ire are more of a future threat to the higher tier teams.. In any of the formats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly speaking - NO, neither does Zimbabwe. & I am telling this when we are into 15th years of our Test status & has improved multiple folds - imagine what was the situation when we were awarded the shame. But then, those who are saying that Afghans or the Irish deserves Test cricket more than us or 'll do better if awarded, are also delusional.

No not all. only SA Aus Ind Eng Pak SRL should be playing test which is boring as hell anyway.

Sadly, our performance in the recent tests suggests NO.

Its not our ability that is short of quality. Its the unfluence of ODIs and T20 that is really hurting us. Our batsman seems to play shot as if its a 50 over match or so, the reason for their downfall. Most of our batsman got out due to poor shot selection and sadly.

However, if our domestic structure improves, and we play far more FC matches than usual, we can only get better. And those who are saying that Ireland and Afghanistan deserve test status more than us should go back to lala-land. On the basis of what are Ireland and Afghanistan better than us? Its true that Ireland at present is better than us when we were handed over test status, but as of now we ARE BETTER than Ireland. If there needs to be any criteria for judging the two sides, it should be the ODI(and perhaps the T20) format in which we are definitely better. Afterall we beat NZ, WI at home, went to AC finals, drew a series 1-1 against SL though went on to lose 2-1 against Zimbabwe.

Preferrably, I would want Ireland to play test cricket so that we can actually find a team we can actually beat regularly. Add to that, playing Ireland in Ireland will give us price-less experience, experience that will prepare us for taking on other teams in similar conditions. As for Afghanistan being better than us, its a big NO. Afghan batsman neither have the ability, nor the mentality to bat for 4-5 sessions.

Sadly, our performance in the recent tests suggests NO.

Its not our ability that is short of quality. Its the unfluence of ODIs and T20 that is really hurting us. Our batsman seems to play shot as if its a 50 over match or so, the reason for their downfall. Most of our batsman got out due to poor shot selection and sadly.

However, if our domestic structure improves, and we play far more FC matches than usual, we can only get better. And those who are saying that Ireland and Afghanistan deserve test status more than us should go back to lala-land. On the basis of what are Ireland and Afghanistan better than us? Its true that Ireland at present is better than us when we were handed over test status, but as of now we ARE BETTER than Ireland. If there needs to be any criteria for judging the two sides, it should be the ODI(and perhaps the T20) format in which we are definitely better. Afterall we beat NZ, WI at home, went to AC finals, drew a series 1-1 against SL though went on to lose 2-1 against Zimbabwe.

Preferrably, I would want Ireland to play test cricket so that we can actually find a team we can actually beat regularly. Add to that, playing Ireland in Ireland will give us price-less experience, experience that will prepare us for taking on other teams in similar conditions. As for Afghanistan being better than us, its a big NO. Afghan batsman neither have the ability, nor the mentality to bat for 4-5 sessions.

Not batting..bowling. BD have no fast bowler in test who can take wickets. BD should not be playing test, period. They should be focusing on their main strength which is ODI.

Its not our ability that is short of quality. Its the unfluence of ODIs and T20 that is really hurting us. Our batsman seems to play shot as if its a 50 over match or so, the reason for their downfall. Most of our batsman got out due to poor shot selection and sadly..

Its more to do with the cringe-worthy defeatist attitude this team has carried since the years of their inception in test cricket. As soon as it looks as if they face an impossible or difficult up-hill task they will either go gunz blazing into the test match t20 style to see how many runs they can score before the inevitable, with no intent of trying to save the match, so they can be done with the match quickly and leave the ground ASAP to do whatever the hell they want. It is evident in ODIs as well where they will simply try to play out the overs and go for milestones instead. Its worse in this new generation of players since they are talented enough but simply take their spots in the team for granted ex. Tamim (he is like Farhat who has his uncle in the BCB) and to some extent Shakib.

I won't even delve into our genius think-tank who thought of going into this match with three 'pacers', one being new and the other approaching Bradman-like stats in bowling, and the third coming out of injury. It seemed like the debutant was the spearhead of the 'attack' :))

Last edited:
Don't worry, we will import some pacers from Afghanistan soon enough. :shakib Almost all other teams are doing it, why shouldn't we? :p

This is just one bad game that belies all the progress made in the past few years. Last year alone we drew a match in SL and a series against NZ, who drew with England. Bangladesh are beginning to compete at least at home, which is where they play most of their matches.

If Bangladesh should be stripped of Test status then India should only play at home and Pakistan should never play India in a global tournament.

This is just one bad game that belies all the progress made in the past few years. Last year alone we drew a match in SL and a series against NZ, who drew with England. Bangladesh are beginning to compete at least at home, which is where they play most of their matches.

If Bangladesh should be stripped of Test status then India should only play at home and Pakistan should never play India in a global tournament.

It's not just one bad game dear, it's one added to never ending list of bad Games..

Draws count for nothing, When has Bangladesh won against a decent test side?? Dont raise win against W.I. , it was a D-grade WI side, not even 2nd or 3rd string

COmparing Bangladesh to India and Pakistan as cricket Nations :facepalm: , they have got rich history, have produced greats, have won World cups etc.

Bd ducks in Tests everyone knows that. It's not new. Stop being idiotic.

I am not sure why everyone is pointing fingers at BD? We all know that they are a minnow.

But in reality only 4 teams should be playing Tests. Rest of the teams simply cannot or don't have the desire to play tests. Aside from Aus, SA, IND, ENG rest of the teams are pretty pathetic when it comes to test.

The reason why BD and all of these countries continue to have test matches is because it brings them more ODIs and T20s.

Last 10 years vs top 6 sides
34i009l.jpg

It's not just one bad game dear, it's one added to never ending list of bad Games..

Draws count for nothing, When has Bangladesh won against a decent test side?? Dont raise win against W.I. , it was a D-grade WI side, not even 2nd or 3rd string

COmparing Bangladesh to India and Pakistan as cricket Nations :facepalm: , they have got rich history, have produced greats, have won World cups etc.

I said past few years. And rich histories, greats, and world cups don't mean jack if you can't overseas tests or win a single game against your rival when it matters. How many away Tests did India win in the 90s? Why bully Bangladesh?

I said past few years. And rich histories, greats, and world cups don't mean jack if you can't overseas tests or win a single game against your rival when it matters. How many away Tests did India win in the 90s? Why bully Bangladesh?

Look at the table above posted by the Bangladeshi poster. 30 out of 32 matches lost against the top 6. Zero wins.
They clearly do not belong here. It's not called bullying, it's called preserving Test Cricket by eliminating matches which have no significance. Bangladesh Tests are 5 days of suffering for Bangla players and Cricket fans.

Harsh to say but with this track record if Bangladesh were in some sort of football league they would have gone down the barrel :bumble

^

To be replaced by whom? There is only a handful of decent cricket teams in the world. Atleast we perform in LOIs. Ofcourse, I am not denying the fact that BD(and Zim) are not really up to the mark.

^

To be replaced by whom? There is only a handful of decent cricket teams in the world. Atleast we perform in LOIs. Ofcourse, I am not denying the fact that BD(and Zim) are not really up to the mark.
Why not give a chance to Ireland? Of course there is no guarantee they will be good but no harm in trying as opposed to a team who has 0 achievements in past 14 years.

My gut feeling - Ireland way better team than BD..but that's just me.

No! but so what? the question should really be "Does anyone even care about Test Cricket"?

Limited overs is the future of Cricket. The fact of the matter is that only 4 countries of more than 200 especially 2 in England and Australia are interested in test Cricket and the rest are weak from all sorts of levels. Tests has no future.

Why not give a chance to Ireland? Of course there is no guarantee they will be good but no harm in trying as opposed to a team who has 0 achievements in past 14 years.

My gut feeling - Ireland way better team than BD..but that's just me.

I am all for giving Irish test status, but not at our expense.

Either give both teams status, or none of them at all. As of now, we are better than Ireland. End of story. I need to ask these people, on the basis of what is Ireland better than us? T20? We beat them 3-0. ODIs? Check our record in ODIs in the last 2 years

No! but so what? the question should really be "Does anyone even care about Test Cricket"?

Limited overs is the future of Cricket. The fact of the matter is that only 4 countries of more than 200 especially 2 in England and Australia are interested in test Cricket and the rest are weak from all sorts of levels. Tests has no future.

Sad, but true.

This is your best post. Exactly if u look at my stats for last 10 years Pak and SRL were also **** in Test. If you remove BD, WI, NZ from Test then PAK and SRL will be the new minnow of Test cricket.

I am all for giving Irish test status, but not at our expense.

Either give both teams status, or none of them at all. As of now, we are better than Ireland. End of story. I need to ask these people, on the basis of what is Ireland better than us? T20? We beat them 3-0. ODIs? Check our record in ODIs in the last 2 years
IRE got smashed by a Guinese team even in ODI.

Bangladesh,zim should be dumped and they should play with irl,afg.who ever tops in a 4 year circle gets promoted and a team at 8 gets dumped.

But in reality only 4 teams should be playing Tests. Rest of the teams simply cannot or don't have the desire to play tests. Aside from Aus, SA, IND, ENG rest of the teams are pretty pathetic when it comes to test.

Last 10 years vs top 6 sides
34i009l.jpg

You have limited your filter to only 6 teams as opposition.Do you expect all 8 teams to have a W/L above 1.00? Pakistan & SL do have W/L ratio above 0.50. Everyone can't have W/L above 1 when you limit your opposition set to only 6 teams. It's a simple logic.

You could call them weaker teams in the last 10 years but they are not minnows. WI have not lost a test series at home against Pakistan and SL in their entire history. Pakistan won against Eng by 3-0. SL is almost unbeatable at home. Can minnows do any of that? NZ/WI performed bad in this period but they have produced many ATGs in their entire history. If BD produces a Hadlee and then down the line have a similar records as NZ then no one is going to ask them to stop playing test.

I personally don't think that BD should stop playing the test cricket but there should be some plan to lift the standards. Domestic set up in BD is not there to lift the standards of players for longer versions. Something should be done about it. It's a passionate country when it comes to cricket and every effort should be put to make BD a competitive team in the longer version. It will be good for BD and it will be good for the world cricket.

Last edited:
Bangladesh had a bad test match and everyone suddenly attacks them. Anyone even the best can have a terrible game here and there. Though I agree Bangladesh before 2012 across all forms have been embarrassing, still the fact remains in past few years they have played good Cricket. I still think second test against Lankans they will perform much much better and salvage a draw.

Don't forget Sri Lanka had 3 tough fought test matches against Pakistan prior while Bangladesh had only 2 first class games where everyone knows is of poor standard. Sri Lanka were clearly thoroughly prepared for this hence a massive victory in first test against the deshis.

You have limited your filter to only 6 teams as opposition.Do you expect all 8 teams to have a W/L above 1.00? Pakistan & SL do have W/L ratio above 0.50. Everyone can't have W/L above 1 when you limit your opposition set to only 6 teams. It's a simple logic.

You could call them weaker teams in the last 10 years but they are not minnows. WI have not lost a test series at home against Pakistan and SL in their entire history. Pakistan won against Eng by 3-0. SL is almost unbeatable at home. Can minnows do any of that? NZ/WI performed bad in this period but they have produced many ATGs in their entire history. If BD produces a Hadlee and then down the line have a similar records as NZ then no one is going to ask them to stop playing test.

I personally don't think that BD should stop playing the test cricket but there should be some plan to lift the standards. Domestic set up in BD is not there to lift the standards of players for longer versions. Something should be done about it. It's a passionate country when it comes to cricket and every effort should be put to make BD a competitive team in the longer version. It will be good for BD and it will be good for the world cricket.

Thanks for your analysis. I compared top 6 sides because like only 9 countries plays Test in the entire planet. Right "minnow in tests" was a bit exaggeration, but it was to point out that PAK fans should be the last ones to point BD's test records. If it was like an Aussie or a Saffer it would been fine.

My point as a neutral still remains, that is if you remove test status from WI, NZ, and BD then SRL and PAK would be in the bottom of the pile in tests. History is a thing of the past, for example do you know that historically Uruguay was a actually a really good football nation winning WCs multiple times.

I personally don't follow BD playing Tests and I think only reason why they want to keep test status is because it brings them more ODIs and T20s. Test status revoked means ODIs and T20s goes along with it.

No they don't.

For their own sake they should have been relegated and played teams more to their standard like UAE, Hong Kong, Scotland and so on and actually earned their spot among the top 8. In test cricket they are digressing year after year and since there is no threat of them losing their spot they will continue to get worse.

Last edited:
They don't have the temperament for test cricket or they are not developing cricketers who can play the slow game
You have only to look at the recent test with lanka where their run rate and shot selection was abysmal

There are much better potential test playing nations out there and part of the woolf report was to give greater recognition and access to these affiliates

Last edited:
I personally don't follow BD playing Tests and I think only reason why they want to keep test status is because it brings them more ODIs and T20s. Test status revoked means ODIs and T20s goes along with it.

I don't think that playing 100 tests in 10 years is going to help much. It takes few generations and some exposure to a good domestic set up to lift the standards.

Even in the last 10 years, I have seen a decent improvement in quality of players in BD. Previous generation was totally useless but current lot have started winning the the shorter versions at home. I think a better domestic set up or may be BD players participating in few longer formats in other countries will help. Playing too many tests against lot stronger oppositions without doing other steps won't help. County cricket was a great learning experience for many players around the world in 60s/70s. If county finds some players attractive then that could be one option for BD players.

People citing examples of SL miss one point. Some body pointed it out that many SL players used to participate in Indians domestic games. It will take time. Next generation of players from BD will get better. It's not only about playing millions of tests with the same set of players. That's why I think, as cricket fans, we shouldn't go too hard on BD due to last 10 years of performance even though it was 60-70 tests.

I do think that many BD fans want to see BD playing the test cricket. I don't follow BD cricket much but crowd seems passionate about cricket whenever I have seen it on TV. They turn up even for non-BD games. 10-15 years down the line, if BD can perform well in the test format then with their intense fan base, we may have a country with potential to support themselves financially and also help others in generating revenue. Cricket needs to expand and not to be restricted. I follow most of the SA , Indian & Aus games & some limited Pak games. I won't really watch SA playing BD right now with much interest but it will be good for world cricket if BD can become competitive in longer formats. You may not see a large crowd for the test format in BD right now but if BD can win few tests then I am sure that crowd will be better.

Back