"Does M. Naqvi believe that sending the squad to a military camp, breaking their backs and threatening them will make them fall in line?": Najam Sethi

FearlessRoar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Former PCB chairman Najam Sethi criticized PCB chairman Mohsin Naqvi for his policies during a program on a local TV channel:

"The big problem is that there is no team, and they are not making an effort. The PCB chairman [Mohsin Naqvi] believes he can threaten and bribe to build team' spirit. He announced, 'I will give $100,000 if you win the ICC T20 World Cup 2024, and I will sack those who do not perform.' These are his words, not mine, and I heard them myself via videos."

"So, this is not how things should be. This is not a military camp or military army unit. Each individual is a star, a person with their own rights. It's not like saying 'yes sir, yes sir, all good.' This is not what cricket is about, and neither is stardom."

"So, you [Mohsin Naqvi] believe that sending them to a military camp, breaking their backs, and threatening them will make them fall in line? They are all individuals, that's why they have such talent, that's why they are stars. They haven't come from a routine lineup. So, I think this kind of attitude is not good for the team."

Perfect response from Sethi to Naqvi who himself is a parchi. This Naqvi is even more unfit than Zaka to hold a big position in PCB. This guy is a carbon copy of Babar with no management skills.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's a got a point.

Rather than putting them through a military camp, work on the players weakness & help improve them.

During this time, if a few bad eggs are witness, get rid of them.

Everything back home works in nepotism , Babar has family connection with this Executive who then has family terms with certain selectors who then fulfills his business interest by getting in some players all the dots connected

Last edited by a moderator:
You’d sort out a lot of issues on fitness alone. Fitness produces mental discipline. Better running between wickets. Better fielding. Lower chance of injury. And gets the most of the talent you actually have no matter how limited it is. Even proper strength training would probably increase these guys SRs. Military camp isn’t the way to do that though. But you can see fitness is declining in a lot of our squad, and now even clearly unfit guys being added to the squad. Pakistan has taken a lax attitude to fitness over the decades and this is unfortunately what you get. Even the fit guys eventually stop bothering to remain fit, especially when they are surrounded by guys who don’t care. Same thing with fixing, we cry how we keep getting fixers, yet have the lightest punishments against it.

Naqvi is corrupt but not a very intelligent person , Raza Ashraf took few months to mess up things at PCB , Naqvi did it in weeks , with the help of his buddy Wahab Riaz,

Fully support Naqvi. These princesses have had it way to easy and molly coddly. They need some serious tough love now

This was such a brainless thing to do. Asking soldiers to train professional athletes. And too right before the World Cup. But I guess the boys want to control cricket too now. Naqvi is just a lackey...we all know who is really pulling the strings.

Former PCB chairman Najam Sethi criticized PCB chairman Mohsin Naqvi for his policies during a program on a local TV channel:

"The big problem is that there is no team, and they are not making an effort. The PCB chairman [Mohsin Naqvi] believes he can threaten and bribe to build team' spirit. He announced, 'I will give $100,000 if you win the ICC T20 World Cup 2024, and I will sack those who do not perform.' These are his words, not mine, and I heard them myself via videos."

"So, this is not how things should be. This is not a military camp or military army unit. Each individual is a star, a person with their own rights. It's not like saying 'yes sir, yes sir, all good.' This is not what cricket is about, and neither is stardom."

"So, you [Mohsin Naqvi] believe that sending them to a military camp, breaking their backs, and threatening them will make them fall in line? They are all individuals, that's why they have such talent, that's why they are stars. They haven't come from a routine lineup. So, I think this kind of attitude is not good for the team."
I don't like Sethi but he absolutely right. Naqvi is total clown. He has no idea what he is doing and that's what happens when you don't select these guys on merit

Everything back home works in nepotism , Babar has family connection with this Executive who then has family terms with certain selectors who then fulfills his business interest by getting in some players all the dots connected
Perfectly said, there is no hope for this team or country and not sure what is everyone in Pakistan smoking that they think they are the best and brightest and the chosen ones.

I don't like Sethi but he absolutely right. Naqvi is total clown. He has no idea what he is doing and that's what happens when you don't select these guys on merit
But who wasn't selected on merit? Problem is that there is no quality left, how many have we tried in the last few years, who has stood out and stuck around. Anyone who shows a glimmer of quality is running to play CPL, BPL, LPL where the competition is not as good and they loose whatever edge they had. What was the point of getting that guy Usman Khan? Naseem was the upcoming gem, SSA was our next savior and mismanagement have brought him down as well. All our players are hit and miss, they will do wonders in two innings and then will be passenger for two years, everyone was asking for Shahdab head and if he wasn't there, USA game be over in 12th over. Bottom line, it is high time to accept that we are the new WIs, the glorious past is gone and there is no one carry the torch forward.

Kakul camp was a no brainer tbh. Sethi is right. there was no point in arranging those kinds of camps. It would have been better if these guys worked with a mental performance coach and psychiatrist to have their minds cleared of any negativity and think something out of their selfish nature. right now, these guys only need mental health improvement.

They should have been working with some power hitter who can teach them a thing or 2 about power hitting instead of lifting rocks and running at kakul and get injured.

But who wasn't selected on merit? Problem is that there is no quality left, how many have we tried in the last few years, who has stood out and stuck around. Anyone who shows a glimmer of quality is running to play CPL, BPL, LPL where the competition is not as good and they loose whatever edge they had. What was the point of getting that guy Usman Khan? Naseem was the upcoming gem, SSA was our next savior and mismanagement have brought him down as well. All our players are hit and miss, they will do wonders in two innings and then will be passenger for two years, everyone was asking for Shahdab head and if he wasn't there, USA game be over in 12th over. Bottom line, it is high time to accept that we are the new WIs, the glorious past is gone and there is no one carry the torch forward.
In this context I was talking about the chairman of the PCB

Naqvi is a total failure. He did the right thing by reappointing Babar as captain but bringing Imad and Amir back and persisting with Masood as Test captain shows he has has no idea what he is doing. His selection committee is pathetic as well.

Pak is more or less a banana republic this Naqvi dude Wahab & Moin should be sent to prison for 2 years minimum for selection of Azam Khan.

Sethi showed his cricket acumen when he hired online coaches.

This Clown Sethi started all this, when we won the champions trophy 2017. Team was settle then his chief selector all of a sudden bring back Imam in the side still knowing world cup was in England from that point you can see where this team which was looking settle broke down. Then in last year Pak t20 team and even ODI team was better, then he all of a suuden due to khi media pressure change the coach before world cup, start creating pressure against Babar captaincy, resulted in grouping of team. Babar may not be the best capatain, also sarfaraz may not be the best captain but they both made the team one unit. You can see team like NZ, Aus they doesnt change captain on media pressure because they know too many captain in the team will reak team unity even India and England now doesnt change captains for long time you can see their results.

I despise all these PCB chairmans but I think the key factor in our failings over the last 2 years has been the constant changing of chairman, changing of domestic set-up, changing of coaches and musical chairs with captains.
We need stability.
IMO replace Babar with Rizwan as ODI and t20 captain, promote better fitness standards and rest keep the same. Coaches need time and the chairman has only been there for a few months.
Kick out the likes of Amir and Imad who only play when it suits them. Need a settled line-up.

Naqvi is a total failure. He did the right thing by reappointing Babar as captain but bringing Imad and Amir back and persisting with Masood as Test captain shows he has has no idea what he is doing. His selection committee is pathetic as well.
Once Babar was removed, he shouldn't have been reappointed. It just created more confusion in a team with literally no confidence or idea what it's doing. Naqvi tried to look clever by appointing Foreign coaches who make no difference at all. Since Bob Woolmer the Foreign coaches have been paid well but haven't done anything to earn the big money.

Heard some news, online, that Imad Wasim was unfit and was forced to play this game. While batting, due to his knee issue, he couldnt run much, that is why Rizwan and SHadab tried those attacking shots and got out. Imad too was trying to swat the ball around rather than going for singles and twos.

If this is true then the management should be blamed for playing an unfit player. Need to wait and watch to see if Imad plays the next game. If he doesnt play, that would mean he was unfit for the India game.

(This is something I heard, so I have no clue if true. I didnt watch the second innings too, so cannot comment if Imad looked injured or not.)
:afridi

Does Naqvi possess such significant influence that he is able to instruct the Pakistan Army to train the Pakistan cricket team players?

Army should have one 1 job in a country. defend against external enemy. Militaries are never meant to govern.
This was a dumb plug in attempt by Pak Army to steal any credit if the cricketers do a miracle.

Back