Dolphins (326) defeat Lions (310/7) by 16 runs in a thrilling encounter, securing their first victory in the Champions One Day Cup 2024

Dolphins have played beautifully today, this is how modern cricket is played. Wickets fall but milestones don't matter. Everyone has batted at > RR 6, which is why the scorecard reads 310 in 45.

Dolphins should try to finish strong now, All on Faheem
It seems like you and I are watching different games because Dolphins played garbage cricket in the last 20 overs of the innings.

It seems like you and I are watching different games because Dolphins played garbage cricket in the last 20 overs of the innings.
Judging by your love for rizwan and chacha, it seems like you and I from different planets altogether.

Aamer Jamal speaks to the presenter during the Dolphins vs Lions match in the Champions One-Day Cup 2024:

"It was hot today, and during my third over, my blood pressure dropped, so I had to leave the field. This is a good initiative, as long as it is given time to succeed. If domestic players are financially stable, they can focus on their diet, equipment, and training."

In 50 Overs Match You Supposed To Score Big Once You Got In

But Then Comes Modern Day’s players who threw wickets away after good Start .

Another wicket or so and the match will be over for the Lions. They need to extend this partnership because their only concern is keeping wickets in hand as they still have many overs remaining.

Can they Lions go through on bonus points if they chase this within less overs or something? Or is there any NRR calculation?

Who the heck Shaheen thinks he is, coming to bat ahead of Aamer Jamal.

i like shaheen cuz he is always willing to give everything when he plays be it Pakistan or his domestic team...but guy is too emotional man he could avoid coming back with a knee that bad

Engro Dolphins defeated Nurpur Lions by 16 runs in the final league match of the Champions One-Day Cup at Iqbal Stadium, Faisalabad, on Sunday night. Despite the loss, the Lions have qualified for the playoffs and will face Allied Bank Stallions in Wednesday’s eliminator. The Qualifier on Tuesday will be contested between UMT Markhors and Lake City Panthers.

In this crucial match, the Lions, chasing a target of 327 runs, needed to score at least 260 to qualify. They managed to reach that mark in the 47th over but ultimately fell short, finishing at 310-8 in their 50 overs.

After opting to bat first, the Dolphins' opening pair of Mohammad Huraira (47 off 41 balls, with 4 fours and 2 sixes) and Muhammad Akhlaq (52 off 50 balls, with 3 fours and 4 sixes) set the stage with a solid second-wicket partnership of 77 runs off 63 balls before Huraira was dismissed in the 16th over.

The Dolphins faced early challenges and were reduced to 126-3 in 19.1 overs. However, Umar Amin, the top scorer for the Dolphins, steadied the innings with a crucial 75 runs off 81 balls, including nine fours. He formed partnerships of 53 runs with Saud Shakeel (23 off 23 balls, 1 four) for the fourth wicket and 62 runs with Qasim Akram (31 off 26 balls, 4 fours) for the sixth wicket.

Faheem Ashraf added 30 runs off 20 balls, including three sixes, helping the Dolphins surpass the 300-run mark, ultimately finishing at 326 all out in 49.3 overs. For the Lions, Aamir Jamal (3-69), Ahmed Daniyal (2-58), and Shaheen Shah Afridi (2-58) were the standout bowlers, while Khushdil Shah and Sharoon Siraj each took one wicket.

The Lions’ chase featured half-centuries from Rohail Nazir (62 off 70 balls, 6 fours, 1 six) and Khushdil Shah (60 off 40 balls), which kept them in the hunt for the 327-run target. After a solid 78-run opening partnership between Rohail and Abdullah Shafique (27 off 42 balls, 3 fours), contributions from Omair Bin Yousuf and Sharoon Siraj (26 and 25 runs, respectively) saw the Lions at 172-4 in 29 overs.

However, Mohammad Taha (40 off 49 balls, 4 fours) and Muhammad Irfan Khan (13 off 16 balls, 1 four) fell in quick succession, leaving the Lions at 213-6 in 38 overs. Khushdil, batting at No. 7, struck four fours and five sixes, while Shaheen Shah Afridi added a brisk 33 runs off 28 balls, but their efforts were in vain.

For the Dolphins, Saud Shakeel (2-24) and Mohammad Abbas Afridi (2-78) were the leading bowlers.

Ofcourse it is.

Saifi bhai the great getting schooled by everyone and their Chachu (literally)

Misbah and Rizwan are wiping the floor right now with your heroes as we speak...
They are wiping their own tears having conceded close to 400 runs against Abdullah, Imam and Khushdil Shah

They are wiping their own tears having conceded close to 400 runs against Abdullah, Imam and Khushdil Shah
Yeah I guess Dolphins don't even have tears to shed anymore, the maulings have taken a toll now.

Well done to Shaheen for giving Saifi bhai some respite yesterday.

Yeah I guess Dolphins don't even have tears to shed anymore, the maulings have taken a toll now.

Well done to Shaheen for giving Saifi bhai some respite yesterday.
Dolphins had they made 4 with Markhors at 1….

Will knock out Markhors in a semi. It’s just what these boys do when it matters.

Believe that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will knock out Markhors in a semi. It’s just what these boys do when it matters.

Believe that.
They found it a challenge to finish in the top 4, in a 5 team tournament.

Believe that.

Only if Markhors have an off day can they be beat by the Dolphins, otherwise on pure cricketing skill they don't have any business even competing if they are being led by a numpty like Saud Shakeel.

Also forget Markhors, bet Panthers and Stallions are also wiping the floor with this pathetic team.

Ofcourse it is.

Saifi bhai the great getting schooled by everyone and their Chachu (literally)

Misbah and Rizwan are wiping the floor right now with your heroes as we speak...
Khena kya chaa rahei ho? Misbah and rizwan are Goats?

If misbah was a goat he'd have an icc trophy in his arsenal by now and wouldn't have to shamelessly watch as the guy he sidelined for 6 games saved him bum by taking him to the quarterfinals.

Nurpur Lions fined for slow over-rate

The Nurpur Lions have been fined for slow over-rate in their 22 September game of Bahria Town Champions One-Day Cup against the Engro Dolphins, which they lost by 16 runs but still qualified for the playoff stage on Sunday night, at the Iqbal Stadium, Faisalabad.

All the eleven playing members of the Shaheen Shah Afridi-led team have been fined five per cent of their match fees as per the article 2.22 of the PCB Code of Conduct for Players and Players Support Personnel, which deals with over-rate offences.

The charges were levelled by the on-field umpires Faisal Aafreedi and Imtiaz Iqbal as the Lions were found to be one over short of the stipulated time.

Khena kya chaa rahei ho? Misbah and rizwan are Goats?

If misbah was a goat he'd have an icc trophy in his arsenal by now and wouldn't have to shamelessly watch as the guy he sidelined for 6 games saved him bum by taking him to the quarterfinals.
If Sarfraz is so great, why is he tactically being exposed in this tournament?

The point about Misbah and Rizwan was just to rile you guys up and it’s working quite well here might I add.

I myself don’t give two hoots about this tournament where everyone bar a few are going for personal glory only.

If Sarfraz is so great, why is he tactically being exposed in this tournament?

The point about Misbah and Rizwan was just to rile you guys up and it’s working quite well here might I add.

I myself don’t give two hoots about this tournament where everyone bar a few are going for personal glory only.
This tournament doesn't detract from his past achievements, a mentor =/= captain nor does it change the fact that the sides are heavily unbalanced for Misbah and rizwan.

Back