Donald Trump to run for president in 2024? Can he succeed?

Donald Trump to run for president in 2024? Can he succeed?

• Total voters

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Donald Trump has suggested that he may run again for the US presidency in 2024.

The former president was back on the campaign trail in Pennsylvania on Saturday - his first rally since the FBI's search of his Mar-a-Lago estate last month.

He told his supporters: "We are leading Biden and everyone else, including the Republicans, by record numbers in the polls. So I may just have to do it again. You'll be... stay tuned. I have to do it again. You hear that Oz? (Senate nominee Dr Mehmet Oz) Do it again. May just have to do it again.

"But first, we have to win a historic victory for the Republican Party this November."

It comes after US President Joe Biden said Mr Trump's followers have an ideology that "looks at America and sees carnage and darkness and despair" as the midterm elections loom.

Mr Trump went on to describe the FBI search of his Florida home as "one of the most shocking abuses of power by any administration in American history" and repeated his claims that there is a witch-hunt against him.

"The shameful raid and break in of my home, Mar-a-Lago, was a travesty of justice that made a mockery of America's laws, traditions and principles before the entire world. The entire world was watching. And they are shocked. They are shocked.

Jared Kushner: The right-hand man of one of history's most controversial presidents on that FBI raid, life in the Oval Office - and whether Trump will run again

"The Biden administration invaded the home of their chief political opponent, who is absolutely destroying him and everyone else in the polls, I hate to say it."

He added: "The FBI and the Justice Department have become vicious monsters controlled by radical left scoundrels, lawyers and the media who tell them what to do - you people right there and when to do it. They're trying to silence me and more importantly, they are trying to silence you. But we will not be silenced, right?"

Photo released of top secret documents uncovered in FBI search of former US president's home
Blacked-out affidavit shows president had taken 'top secret' documents home to Mar-a-Lago

The FBI carried out a raid on Mr Trump's estate on 8 August as part of an investigation into whether the former president took classified records from the White House.

Empty folders marked "classified" were found among more than 11,000 government documents, according to the US Justice Department.

Investigators conducting the criminal probe are focusing not just on why the records were stored at the estate, but also on whether the Trump team intentionally misled them about the unlawful presence of government secrets.

SKY

If he manages to run, I think he can win.

Biden is not very popular currently.

Biden won the popular vote by 4.4% last time.

He’s currently 8.0% ahead of Trump - he’s headed for a landslide re-election if Trump is crazy enough to run.

If he manages to run, I think he can win.

Biden is not very popular currently.
I think that that trend was extinguished by the Supreme Court’s abortion decision.

For the last three months we have seen that whereas there is usually a 50-50 split in new voter registration, it is currently closer to 70-30 and mostly it is young women.

Combine that with the Inflation Reduction Act, and the Student Loan Cancellation, and you have the Democrats on a roll and with a possibility of widening their House and Senate majorities.

It’s almost unheard of for an incumbent President to lead 54-46 before the mid-terms.

I think that that trend was extinguished by the Supreme Court’s abortion decision.

For the last three months we have seen that whereas there is usually a 50-50 split in new voter registration, it is currently closer to 70-30 and mostly it is young women.

Combine that with the Inflation Reduction Act, and the Student Loan Cancellation, and you have the Democrats on a roll and with a possibility of widening their House and Senate majorities.

It’s almost unheard of for an incumbent President to lead 54-46 before the mid-terms.

Trump defied all polls last time.

Poll doesn't mean much nowadays.

By identifying a constituency which had not voted before. But that is factored into the polls now, and the NSA will be wise to Russian interference this time.

By identifying a constituency which had not voted before. But that is factored into the polls now, and the NSA will be wise to Russian interference this time.

If there was indeed Russian interference (which I think was blown out of proportion), it shows how weak American democracy really is.

America regularly interferes in matters of other countries. So, it is hypocritical for them to complain about Russian interference.

Last edited:

No he didn’t.

2016 - beat the most unpopular Democrat nominee of all time by losing the popular vote by 2 million.

2018 - lost the midterm House elections, lost the popular vote for the Senate.

2020 - lost the Presidential election, lost the House election, lost the Senate.

So currently Trump has lost his last seven elections in a row.

If there was indeed Russian interference (which I think was blown out of proportion), it shows how weak American democracy really is.

America regularly interferes in matters of other countries. So, it is hypocritical for them to complain about Russian interference.

What it shows is the power of social media as a disruptor. David Bowie predicted this 25 years ago. The web will change everything, he said…..

Obviously Putin wanted Trump to be Prez because it made him much more free.

I hope Trump returns so we can have more peace in the middle east and cash out on the S&P 500

I hope Trump returns so we can have more peace in the middle east and cash out on the S&P 500

Eh? He does what the Zionist Bible Belt preachers want, such as moving the US embassy to Jerusalem.

Biden won the popular vote by 4.4% last time.

He’s currently 8.0% ahead of Trump - he’s headed for a landslide re-election if Trump is crazy enough to run.

Gore won the popular vote in 2000 vs Bush. What’s your point, if you ever have one?

Maybe you should read up on how the Electoral voting system works in the USA, because no matter how many times you repeat your ill-informed opinion, it is pointless.

:)

If Trump runs again, he will win.

If Trump doesn’t run again, Trumpism wins.

Lose/lose for Democrats/Liberals.

Win/Win for Republicans/Conservatives.

Obama used Cambridge Analytics during his campaign, he was considered a genius, but Trump did the same and he, along with Russia are evil, and was subsequently banned by the so called free liberals of the West.

Fascism doesn’t have a dot on Western Liberal racism and duplicity.

Obama used Cambridge Analytics during his campaign, he was considered a genius, but Trump did the same and he, along with Russia are evil, and was subsequently banned by the so called free liberals of the West.

Fascism doesn’t have a dot on Western Liberal racism and duplicity.

So using analytics is the same thing as propagating lies and deceit on social media?

That’s like saying my daadi was a great bat because she would use my junior cricket bat to wash clothes like a Dhobi.

Trump has strongly hinted he will run in 2024.

I don’t know about the US, but would his success benefit the rest of the world? considering he is less likely to support Ukraine in their fight with Russia or at the least, step back on their aggressive stance on the affairs in Europe.

If that would influence the UK to step back to , I think it could be a huge positive globally with soaring prices and inflation.

Trump has strongly hinted he will run in 2024.

I don’t know about the US, but would his success benefit the rest of the world? considering he is less likely to support Ukraine in their fight with Russia or at the least, step back on their aggressive stance on the affairs in Europe.

If that would influence the UK to step back to , I think it could be a huge positive globally with soaring prices and inflation.

It certainly wouldn’t benefit the Ukrainians who want Western freedoms. Do you want democracy to be upheld there, or do you want them to become a Russian client state and fall to authoritarianism?

Trump is in Putin’s pocket. Look at their body language in pictures together. Trump is submissive.

It certainly wouldn’t benefit the Ukrainians who want Western freedoms. Do you want democracy to be upheld there, or do you want them to become a Russian client state and fall to authoritarianism?

Trump is in Putin’s pocket. Look at their body language in pictures together. Trump is submissive.

I want what is best for the UK on a day to day basis; reasonable cost of food, fuel and affordable housing/rent/mortgage.

What happens in Ukraine, not my business; they should have known better than to poke the Russian Bear. If they were to become a client state, if it would mean that it is better for our country’s average citizens then so be it.

I want what is best for the UK on a day to day basis; reasonable cost of food, fuel and affordable housing/rent/mortgage.

What happens in Ukraine, not my business; they should have known better than to poke the Russian Bear. If they were to become a client state, if it would mean that it is better for our country’s average citizens then so be it.

Exactly. Majority of the concerned uk citizens think alike. Why invest ina Biden led agenda, when we have issues on our door step.

You are blaming the victim. The bear poked Ukraine by invading Crimea.

Think about what it means if Trump even runs again. His Big Lie worked - 60% of Republican voters think the 2020 election was stolen. Three hundred of his lawmakers will be in positions to overturn the election result. If he loses they will not certify the result.

Result: constitutional crisis, states seceding from the Union and perhaps even civil war. NATO destabilised, and world war more likely.

Liberals only support democracy when the result suits their agenda, otherwise its not democracy.

Radical Liberals, as Trump says, are running for the hills and clearly there is no place to hide.

Come on Trump, we're rooting for you! Finish off what you started - the path to peace and prosperity!

Trump will win this easily.

Democrats will bring out all sorts of nonsense and organise events which will bring them more supporters, just as they did with BLM previously.

But nothing will work this time, Americans are angry and rightly embarrased they have a President who is senile, old, weak and probably cant go to the toilet on his own. Such a person should never be in charge of teh USA.

Trump will probably save the world from a major or possibly nuclear world war.

His life is in danger imo.

Thread about Trump

Ukraine etc for other thread

Democrats will bring out all sorts of nonsense and organise events which will bring them more supporters, just as they did with BLM previously.

But nothing will work this time, Americans are angry and rightly embarrased they have a President who is senile, old, weak and probably cant go to the toilet on his own. Such a person should never be in charge of teh USA.

Republicans are leading every major poll.

Biden has the lowest approval rating in Amreekan President history at this juncture, including Trump! Trump had a higher approval rating!

Biden's gaf reel is a director's cut compared to the blooper Trump reel.

So they elect a 75-year-old instead?

I think Trump makes a major war more likely. He is by nature destabilising. This is a man who has no ideology - whose only thought is whatever advances him on a moment by moment basis. I cannot think of anyone less suited to high office.

I think Trump makes a major war more likely. He is by nature destabilising. This is a man who has no ideology - whose only thought is whatever advances him on a moment by moment basis. I cannot think of anyone less suited to high office.

Trump isnt senile or mentally incapable of going to the toilet. Its not up to me but the people of the USA, they are rightly sick of the woke democrats, their lies and pretence at being peace makers when they are in the stomach of a proxy war, which they continue to support with fervour.

Trump was told to attack Iran, instead he chose to take out the Iranian commander, which was a war crime but better than a war with Iran.

Trump has decent relations with Putin, so Im sure the war will end once Trump returns to office ..unless its over before he returns.

The Deep state doesnt want Trump but the people do. It will be one of the most fascinating and historic US elections in history.

Well… speaking objectively, we have a war now. When the US had Trump, there wasnt a war.

To think trump would not be a war monger is juvenile. It was just pure coincidence that he did not go to war . If given a chance for war, be it. For domestic distraction or his personal gain he would go to war in a New York minute. This is coming from someone who hates biden.

To think trump would not be a war monger is juvenile. It was just pure coincidence that he did not go to war . If given a chance for war, be it. For domestic distraction or his personal gain he would go to war in a New York minute. This is coming from someone who hates biden.

So lets just take your word for it. :)))

Dude, when you make idiotic statements at least attempt to back them up with something.

Try again, please show in DETAIL why Trump is a bigger warmonger than Biden?

Trump isnt senile or mentally incapable of going to the toilet. Its not up to me but the people of the USA, they are rightly sick of the woke democrats, their lies and pretence at being peace makers when they are in the stomach of a proxy war, which they continue to support with fervour.

Trump was told to attack Iran, instead he chose to take out the Iranian commander, which was a war crime but better than a war with Iran.

Trump has decent relations with Putin, so Im sure the war will end once Trump returns to office ..unless its over before he returns.

The Deep state doesnt want Trump but the people do. It will be one of the most fascinating and historic US elections in history.

"Incapable of going to the toillet "🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Biden is very unpopular, next president will be a republican but it might not be Trump.

Biden is very unpopular, next president will be a republican but it might not be Trump.

It will be trump. He is suppose to announce it after the mid terms. Nobody will run against him. Desantis is already backing out

There is a mixed feeling among Republican voters here.
Some are still diehard supporters of Trump, and some former diehard supporters now hold the opinion that Trump's age is catching up with him.

I think if Republicans play smart, they should nominate Ron DeSantis, and their chances of winning become higher.

There is a mixed feeling among Republican voters here.
Some are still diehard supporters of Trump, and some former diehard supporters now hold the opinion that Trump's age is catching up with him.

I think if Republicans play smart, they should nominate Ron DeSantis, and their chances of winning become higher.
Did u see how trump talked about desantis at the rally last nite

Only challenge to Trump is Ron desantis.. Republican sweep is all but guaranteed in 2024

CIA will not risk it again, the guy was a massive security threat to them.

He is, however, profoundly ignorant and doesn’t want to learn. He will be 78 by the next election and I think he showed signs of mental impairment even in his term.

Don’t think of Trump as some sort of peacemaker. He launched twice as many drone strikes as Obama.

Can’t you see that Trump being friends with Putin makes further Russian incursion into Europe more likely?

“Deep state” is more conspiracy theory. It’s a term for people you think are doing things you don’t like but you don’t know who they are. You might as well say unicorns control the weather.

Woke means being aware of racial inequality. Don’t you think that’s a good thing? I do.

Well… speaking objectively, we have a war now. When the US had Trump, there wasnt a war.

There was an Afghanistan war and a Syria war during Trump’s tenure.

As inflation rises and wealth is eradicated, the right and the left will shift more extreme.

This falls right into Trumps hands.

The hilarious part is, the right under trump is more populist then the liberals.

Trump will win this quite easily.

You are blaming the victim. The bear poked Ukraine by invading Crimea.

Think about what it means if Trump even runs again. His Big Lie worked - 60% of Republican voters think the 2020 election was stolen. Three hundred of his lawmakers will be in positions to overturn the election result. If he loses they will not certify the result.

Result: constitutional crisis, states seceding from the Union and perhaps even civil war. NATO destabilised, and world war more likely.

You can’t call me the victim if for example I chat sh!t and get banged. And sure, it must be so black and white that the bear just for no reason or concern invaded for giggles. Besides, you miss the point, not my country. Plus, we should not just finger point towards one side on this, it is easy for certain parties to play the victim but there is no hero in War, you need to understand why things got to where they are to begin with.

NATO being destabilised would be brilliant, they are not a defensive organisation. Trump keeps all the fighting on the inside and more local, I doubt he sleeps every night like Mr. Biden and dreams of foreign bloodshed.

You can’t call me the victim if for example I chat sh!t and get banged. And sure, it must be so black and white that the bear just for no reason or concern invaded for giggles. Besides, you miss the point, not my country. Plus, we should not just finger point towards one side on this, it is easy for certain parties to play the victim but there is no hero in War, you need to understand why things got to where they are to begin with.

NATO being destabilised would be brilliant,
they are not a defensive organisation. Trump keeps all the fighting on the inside and more local, I doubt he sleeps every night like Mr. Biden and dreams of foreign bloodshed.

Only one side invaded the other. Ukraine is the victim of foreign aggression here.

No. It would mean more war. Putin would be much more free to invade elsewhere.

Only one side invaded the other. Ukraine is the victim of foreign aggression here.

That's a little short-sighted. The aggression started via NATO breaking previous agreements with Russia.

Remember folks, when Trump was POTUS, it was the Liberals who disapproved of Trump reaching out for peace with Russia and North Korea.

I have said it before and I will say it again, neither Liberals nor NATO are interested in peace. Do not fall for their wishy washy cries of aggression.

Meanwhile Republicans have the midterms pretty much sealed, and yes, the candidates are riding on Trumpism.

The world needs realism, the world needs to fight the establishment, the world needs Trump!

That's a little short-sighted. The aggression started via NATO breaking previous agreements with Russia.

Which ones?

NATO isn't a government and therefore cannot break agreements set by governments.

Minsk I was brokered between Russia, Ukraine and the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe - an agreement between fifty countries - to half the Donbas War (2014-date) between Moscow-backed Russian separatists and Ukraine. Minsk I failed to stop any fighting.

Minsk II was brokered in 2015, with the goal that Ukraine would grant self-government to certain areas of Donbas and that the Moscow-backed separatists would restoring control of the state border to the Ukrainian government. While fighting subsided following the agreement's signing, it never ended completely, and the agreement's provisions were never fully implemented.

President Putin said that the Minsk agreements "no longer existed" in February 2021, and that Ukraine was to blame for their collapse, accusing Ukraine of genocide in Donbas - a statement largely seen as factually wrong outside Russia.

I can never support Trump because of the Kushner plan, the recognition of Jerusalem as capital of Israel and the killing of Qasim Soleimani which almost plunged the ME into chaos.

I can never support Trump because of the Kushner plan, the recognition of Jerusalem as capital of Israel and the killing of Qasim Soleimani which almost plunged the ME into chaos.

To placate the Religious Right.

For you NATO are the avengers who can not be held accountable for either orchestrating bloodshed or directly being responsible for it, you hold them in such high regard it is a shambles, have you been asleep all this time like Ed Davey? or is this just more of the western apologist narrative; We GOOD Russian BAD. It’s not so simple bud.

Surely it should be enough for him to be called a Zionist or all sorts of other names by some on this forum....

Trump does say a lot of none sense, but what do his actions indicate, Biden actually has Muslim blood on his hands though

Trump does say a lot of none sense, but what do his actions indicate, Biden actually has Muslim blood on his hands though

Well the things that I pointed out were actions that had massive consequences.

I enjoy his nonsense sayings though, from a purely entertainment perspective he is a GOAT :))

I'm not a fan of Biden either. He is senile.

Trump a 'hindrance' to Republicans in midterms, chair of Republicans Overseas UK says

Donald Trump is a "hindrance" to the Republican midterm elections, the chair of Republicans Overseas UK has said.

Asked if the former president had been a help or hindrance, Greg Swenson told Sky News: "I think he is a hindrance.

"You know, he tends to draw attention away from the candidates. I know he had a rally that was supposed to be for the Senate candidate in Pennsylvania, it was supposed to be a campaign rally, but the president tends to talk about himself, as we all know.

"So it's a distraction. But I'm glad he didn't formally announce his candidacy until the midterms were over. I guess there's 24 hours left."

This all said, Mr Swenson doesn't think Mr Trump's omnipresence will change the outcome of the elections.

He said: "I think the Democrats and much of the aligned media in the US was hoping that Trump would be a distraction. And they tried to make the election about Trump.

"They tried to make it about abortion when in reality, the issues that voters care about clearly are the economy and inflation, the border crime in the cities.

"Those are the things that are polling as top issues, abortion and the so-called threat to democracy polls at much lower rates. The threat to democracies is at 13%, abortion, depending on the polls, is in the teens.

"So if you look at the issues that people care about, it's clearly benefiting the Republicans. I should add education there.

"These are the issues people care about. And that's really why I think the Republicans will do quite well tomorrow."

Trump's actions indicated that he killed a lot of Muslims due to the number of drone strikes he authorised - 430% more than Obama:

https://thenewamerican.com/drone-strikes-up-432-percent-under-donald-trump/

For you NATO are the avengers who can not be held accountable for either orchestrating bloodshed or directly being responsible for it, you hold them in such high regard it is a shambles, have you been asleep all this time like Ed Davey? or is this just more of the western apologist narrative; We GOOD Russian BAD. It’s not so simple bud.

I see no need to take revenge. Nobody has hurt me, because NATO are my protectors.

What do you mean by the Ed Davey reference?

I have no problem with the Russian people. However, Putin = bad.

I hate Trump , didn't vote him last time , he is not a good human being, but Biden and co are not saints either and dems always mess up with economy and I don't like their policies.

Will vote for republicans in 2024 and if Trump was running, will vote for him, with a heavy heart.

Going to vote for republicans tomorrow also.

Trump a 'hindrance' to Republicans in midterms, chair of Republicans Overseas UK says

Donald Trump is a "hindrance" to the Republican midterm elections, the chair of Republicans Overseas UK has said.

Asked if the former president had been a help or hindrance, Greg Swenson told Sky News: "I think he is a hindrance.

"You know, he tends to draw attention away from the candidates. I know he had a rally that was supposed to be for the Senate candidate in Pennsylvania, it was supposed to be a campaign rally, but the president tends to talk about himself, as we all know.

It's a good point. He takes all the credit for himself.

I wonder what new constituency he could find who will vote for him in order to tip the balance. Floating voters know what he is now. He has alienated women with the abortion bill.

I hate Trump , didn't vote him last time , he is not a good human being, but Biden and co are not saints either and dems always mess up with economy and I don't like their policies.

Will vote for republicans in 2024 and if Trump was running, will vote for him, with a heavy heart.

This is the problem with two party systems.

Always feeling compelled to vote for one or the other, the perceived “least worst”.

He is, however, profoundly ignorant and doesn’t want to learn. He will be 78 by the next election and I think he showed signs of mental impairment even in his term.

Don’t think of Trump as some sort of peacemaker. He launched twice as many drone strikes as Obama.

Can’t you see that Trump being friends with Putin makes further Russian incursion into Europe more likely?

“Deep state” is more conspiracy theory. It’s a term for people you think are doing things you don’t like but you don’t know who they are. You might as well say unicorns control the weather.

Woke means being aware of racial inequality. Don’t you think that’s a good thing? I do.

USA is not in a position to be picky, its either Biden or Trump. Sense will suggest a man who is not suffering from mental health would be better in any position, from a cleaner to POTUS.

I dont think Trump launched more drones than Obama but if so, its not starting a war unlike Obama and Libya, of course the claim is US wasnt involved but they were very involved. Without their OK , no European nation would attack Libya.

Russia wont incur into Europe, as you and others have been telling us, Russian army isnt strong enough. Trump will help end the conflict in Ukraine.

I think you will find the JFK speechs means a lot and wasnt a conspiracy, its an open secret USA is run by deep state.

Woke has nothing to do with race.

Which ones?

NATO isn't a government and therefore cannot break agreements set by governments.

Minsk I was brokered between Russia, Ukraine and the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe - an agreement between fifty countries - to half the Donbas War (2014-date) between Moscow-backed Russian separatists and Ukraine. Minsk I failed to stop any fighting.

Minsk II was brokered in 2015, with the goal that Ukraine would grant self-government to certain areas of Donbas and that the Moscow-backed separatists would restoring control of the state border to the Ukrainian government. While fighting subsided following the agreement's signing, it never ended completely, and the agreement's provisions were never fully implemented.

President Putin said that the Minsk agreements "no longer existed" in February 2021, and that Ukraine was to blame for their collapse, accusing Ukraine of genocide in Donbas - a statement largely seen as factually wrong outside Russia.

In terms of government agreements:

U.S. Secretary of State James A. Baker said to Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev in February 1990, that “there would be no extension of NATO’s jurisdiction for forces of NATO one inch to the east.” United States and NATO have repeatedly betrayed this verbal commitment in the decades since, taking advantage of Russia’s tumultuous post-Soviet period and expanding the Western alliance several times, all the way to Russia’s doorstep in the case of the Baltic states.

Donald Trump Says He'll Make "Very Big Announcement" Next Week
Former US President Trump, who has never accepted the truth of his lost re-election bid in 2020, has hinted for months that he is ready to re-enter the fray.

Dayton: Donald Trump said Monday he would be making a "very big announcement" next week, with the former president expected to jump into the race for the White House in 2024.
Trump, who has never accepted the truth of his lost re-election bid in 2020, has hinted for months that he is ready to re-enter the fray.

"Not to detract from tomorrow's very important, even critical election... I'm going to be making a very big announcement on Tuesday, November 15 at Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, Florida," he told a cheering crowd in Ohio on the eve of US polls which will determine control of Congress.

The trail was the closest the Republican has got to confirming his intention to run, building on his message last week that he "will very, very, very probably do it again."

NDTV

USA is not in a position to be picky, its either Biden or Trump. Sense will suggest a man who is not suffering from mental health would be better in any position, from a cleaner to POTUS.

I dont think Trump launched more drones than Obama but if so, its not starting a war unlike Obama and Libya, of course the claim is US wasnt involved but they were very involved. Without their OK , no European nation would attack Libya.

Russia wont incur into Europe, as you and others have been telling us, Russian army isnt strong enough. Trump will help end the conflict in Ukraine.

I think you will find the JFK speechs means a lot and wasnt a conspiracy, its an open secret USA is run by deep state.

Woke has nothing to do with race.

If you don’t think Trump launched twice as many drone strikes as Obama, look it up.

Obama did not start a war in Libya. There was already a civil war there. The UN resolved to impose a no-fly zone to stop Gaddafi killing his own people. If anything the charge on Gaddafi was led by Paris, not Washington.

Russia’s armed forces have been shown to be weak and badly organised and poorly supplied in Ukraine, but Putin can still nibble off territory here and there in non-NATO states. He has a track record for this. South Ossetia, then Crimea, now Donbas.

Woke means aware of racial prejudice:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/woke-meaning-origin

….though its definition has been expanded by right wing white people to mean any social factor that scares them. For example a black actor playing Doctor Who or a gay companion to the lead role. They can’t provide a definition of Woke if you ask them, because they know it makes them sound a nasty piece of work. So they use Woke as a dogwhistle to other racists / homophobes / misogynists. It’s disturbing to see you adopt the language of white people who hate you for not being white.

Of course nations have a level of government under the elected officials - the British Civil Service for example. These Whitehall “Mandarins” are very smart and capable people. But they do what the Ministers tell them, and the Ministers can sack them.

Tell me what you think the Deep State actually is.

In terms of government agreements:

U.S. Secretary of State James A. Baker said to Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev in February 1990, that “there would be no extension of NATO’s jurisdiction for forces of NATO one inch to the east.� United States and NATO have repeatedly betrayed this verbal commitment in the decades since, taking advantage of Russia’s tumultuous post-Soviet period and expanding the Western alliance several times, all the way to Russia’s doorstep in the case of the Baltic states.

Hmm.

I don’t see how a promise made to the First Secretary of the Soviet Union in 1990 would apply to the President of Russia in 2022. They are different entities in different times.

Does it occur to you that Ukraine hasn’t joined NATO, and got invaded anyway?

That the Baltic states chose to join for protection against Russia, having already experienced Moscow oppression for decades?

And that Putin’s invasion has moved the NATO border closer to Russia as now Sweden and Finland are joining for their own protection?

Hmm.

I don’t see how a promise made to the First Secretary of the Soviet Union in 1990 would apply to the President of Russia in 2022. They are different entities in different times.

Does it occur to you that Ukraine hasn’t joined NATO, and got invaded anyway?

That the Baltic states chose to join for protection against Russia, having already experienced Moscow oppression for decades?

And that Putin’s invasion has moved the NATO border closer to Russia as now Sweden and Finland are joining for their own protection?

You and I haven't interacted before (I rarely post) but you are one of the few posters on here (others are The Great Khan and Captain Rishwat) whose insights I enjoy reading. However, the quoted post is myopic and I wanted to highlight to you that you're much better than this.

Going by your rationale, if in the near future Scotland and Wales breakaway from the UK and a newly constituted English Parliament is headed by the Liberal Democrats, any arrangements and agreements brokered with the Conservative Government from the 80s would become null and void. Indeed, why should any nation stick to an agreement when the UK no longer exists, what remains is headed by a new political entity and that it's also 30+ years since that old agreement was signed and ground realities have changed. Conversely, the new state should also review our security concerns and revise it so that Russia ceases to be our primary focus. Plain daft I know..

The agreement between the Soviet Union and the West that Nato wouldn't encroach eastwards was and remains a red line for the Russians. I remember the 90s vividly and Russia was a laughing stock across the world at the time and posed little to no threat to anyone but to its own citizens. During this phase, Russia lost virtually all its client states across the world and their influence on former Soviet Bloc nations was also severely diminished. Former Russian client states moved into the US sphere of influence with little to no objection from the Russians. However, when Eastern European nations also began to be sucked into this realm of influence, the Russians began to take notice and became vocal. And when those Eastern European nations then began joining political and military alliances with the West, the Russians got serious. The West and particularly the US has engaged in a very dangerous game of brinkmanship and bears a huge responsibility for the situation we find ourselves in today. Indeed, Russia is also at fault but as we say on the subcontinent you need two hands to clap..

If Republicans do well in midterms it should help them be more calmer and not back Trump hopefully..
There are lot of neutral Republicans that don’t like Trump.

Yeah good point, lets ignore the agreement between the US and Soviet Union from the 90s, but ensure the Good Friday Agreement from 25 years ago (different times) remains despite UK voting for Brexit.

I so want Trump to become POTUS so he can teach these liberal hypocrites a lesson!

I wish for Trump to become the president again.

Senile Biden who can't even go up the stairs without tripping is an awful president. One of the worst ones in history. A big reason why so many voted for him is Kamala Harris. Liberal wokes wanted a non-white woman as a leader. I hope for the sake of the world, he is replaced by Trump.

Trump and his MAGA group have strong hatred against muslims and other minority groups. I hope Ron DeSantis gets the GOP ticket.

Donald Trump has warned Florida's Governor Ron DeSantis against running for president in 2024, saying doing so would harm the Republican Party.

"I think he would be making a mistake. I think the base would not like it," the former president told Fox News.

He also threatened to release unflattering information about the 44-year-old, without providing details.

Both men have been tipped to announce presidential runs and become likely rivals for the Republican nomination.

Mr Trump's comments came just hours before Tuesday's midterm elections that will decide control of Congress.

He branded the rising Republican star "Ron DeSanctimonious" at a rally over the weekend.

"I don't know if he is running. I think if he runs, he could hurt himself very badly. I really believe he could hurt himself badly," Mr Trump told Fox. "I don't think it would be good for the party."

If Mr DeSantis were to announce a presidential bid, Mr Trump said he would reveal "things about him that won't be very flattering - I know more about him than anybody - other than, perhaps, his wife".

He did not provide details - but Mr Trump has previously made threats to release damaging information about rivals.

He later described his potential opponent as "a fine guy" and denied there was a dispute between them. "There's not a tiff with me, and I'm way up in the polls," he said.

Mr DeSantis is a relative newcomer to politics but rose to national prominence after becoming Florida governor in 2019. He has positioned himself as an enthusiastic champion of conservativism, and is considered by many to be the most likely candidate to supplant Mr Trump.

He is projected to defeat Democrat Charlie Crist and win re-election as Florida governor on Tuesday, according to the BBC's US partner CBS News, a result that could serve as a platform for announcing a 2024 presidential bid.

Mr Trump - a resident of the state - told reporters gathered outside a polling station earlier on Tuesday that he had voted for Mr DeSantis.

Mr DeSantis has been tight-lipped about a potential presidential run but speculation has been rife. Mr Trump, meanwhile, said on Monday that he would make a "very big announcement on 15 November.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-63563862

Donald Trump may not have been on the ballot papers but he has still cast a shadow over them. Earlier in the evening, the former president made a brief speech from his Mar-a-Lago home and claimed an overwhelming victory for his endorsed candidates.

The truth, however, is more complicated. In the highest profile contests, where he backed candidates over more mainstream Republican options, his picks have struggled. Mehmet Oz lost his Senate race in Pennsylvania. Herschel Walker appears headed for a run-off in Georgia. Blake Masters is trailing in Arizona. Only JD Vance in Ohio pulled out a clear win, albeit by a more narrow margin than the trending-conservative state would suggest.

Republicans are going to be second-guessing his political instincts after Tuesday night. And if he does launch a new bid for the presidency next week, it will be from his back foot.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-63564434

I wish for Trump to become the president again.

Senile Biden who can't even go up the stairs without tripping is an awful president. One of the worst ones in history. A big reason why so many voted for him is Kamala Harris. Liberal wokes wanted a non-white woman as a leader. I hope for the sake of the world, he is replaced by Trump.

FDR couldn't climb stairs, and was the best President of the twentieth century.

Don't you think it is more likely that Harris is there to attract the Black vote?

FDR couldn't climb stairs, and was the best President of the twentieth century.

Don't you think it is more likely that Harris is there to attract the Black vote?

Of course, Harris is there to attract the vote of black people and women. Having her as part of his team is a great strategy by Biden.

FDR was in a wheel chair at the time Radio and Newspaper ruled, and Live TV did not exist, let alone consumer TVs, and of course no internet

This is why FDR got away with being in a wheelchair whereas Biden's every move and word is instant news worldwide and susceptible to visual impression.

A President in a wheel chair today would not work at all due to the optics (weakness)

This is basic logic which is lost on previous generations.

Greg abbot just won the Texas governorship. He is in a wheelchair. Defeated a high profile young Beto rourke

Greg abbot just won the Texas governorship. He is in a wheelchair. Defeated a high profile young Beto rourke

It’s shocking to see disablement prejudice in this day and age, when people in wheelchairs have contributed so much.

Actually it isn’t shocking from Trump fans. It’s just sad and shameful. Hatred of anyone they think of as weak. Remember when their hero mocked the disabled reporter?

I knew an English Tory who didn’t want to see the Paralympics on TV. Disabled people made him feel sick. Many right-wingers seem to feel this way.

The New York Post (Murdoch) appears to have switched support from Trump to DeSantis. That’s that for Trump, I think.

US election: Trump tears into rising Republican rival DeSantis

Ex-US President Donald Trump has lashed out at Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, as the simmering rivalry between the two top Republicans boiled over.

Mr Trump belittled his former political apprentice as an "average" governor, lacking in "loyalty".

Mr DeSantis, 44, won re-election in a landslide in Tuesday's midterms, sealing his status as the Republican party's brightest rising star.

He is widely expected to run for the party's 2024 White House nomination.

But Mr Trump, 76, looks increasingly likely to stand in his way.

The former president - who has a massive campaign war chest and remains hugely popular with the party's base - would be a formidable opponent for Mr DeSantis, or any other Republican who dares challenge him.

In a lengthy statement on Thursday night, Mr Trump dismissed the Florida governor as a political lightweight who had come to him "in desperate shape" when running for his first term in office in 2017.

"Ron had low approval, bad polls, and no money, but he said that if I would Endorse [sic] him, he could win," Mr Trump said. "I also fixed his campaign, which had completely fallen apart."

He went on to complain that Mr DeSantis - whom he is nicknaming "Ron DeSanctimonious" - was "playing games" by refusing to rule out a presidential bid.

"Well, in terms of loyalty and class, that's really not the right answer," Mr Trump added.

The former president is widely expected to announce his own plan for a White House comeback as soon as next week.

While Mr DeSantis is bathing in the glow of his re-election victory, Mr Trump has been blamed for the Republicans' disappointing performance in the midterm elections.

The race for control of the House of Representatives and Senate went down to the wire. Two days after Americans went to the polls, it remains unclear which party will control the twin chambers of Congress.

Voters by and large rejected candidates who backed Mr Trump's baseless claims of election fraud in 2020, and many of his high-profile picks for office struggled or lost outright.

Even close allies of the ex-president have called for him to reconsider what he has teased to be a big announcement on 15 November.

"Republicans have followed Donald Trump off the side of a cliff," one former Trump adviser, David Urban, told the New York Times.

"I think he needs to put it [his campaign announcement] on pause," Kayleigh McEnany, Trump's former press secretary, told Fox News.

Mr DeSantis' 20-point win over his Democratic rival Charlie Crist has, by contrast, drawn universal acclaim from conservative commentators.

His margin of victory in Miami-Dade county - traditionally a Democratic stronghold - was the largest won by a Republican in four decades.

According to an October Ipsos poll, 72% of registered Republicans said Mr DeSantis should have a great deal or good amount of influence on the future of the party. Some 64% said the same of Mr Trump, 76.

The governor did not immediately respond to Mr Trump's jibes on Thursday.

BBC

Back