Donald Trump to run for president in 2024? Can he succeed?

Donald Trump to run for president in 2024? Can he succeed?

• Total voters
This fight between Trump and DeSantis will be bloody.

This fight between Trump and DeSantis will be bloody.

Trump will eventually win because while DeSantis is very competent he has zero charisma. The GOP voters want theatrical politicians.

Trump will eventually win because while DeSantis is very competent he has zero charisma. The GOP voters want theatrical politicians.

While both have similar policies Trump has that core belief in human corruptibility, from a lifetime of amorality, lying and cheating.

DeSantis has military service which suggests he believes in something. That will play well in red states too, whereas Trump is a draft-dodger.

Donald Trump has officially launched a third bid for the US presidency after several hints amid legal probes and blame for the Republican Party's underwhelming midterm election results.

He made the announcement from his Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida and said: "America's comeback starts right now."

Mr Trump said that "everybody was doing great" after his four years in office, "the world was at peace" and that he "kept his promises".

"Two years ago we were a great nation. And soon we will be a great nation again," the former US president added.

"The decline of America is being forced upon us by Biden and the radical left... this is not a decline we must accept."

He delivered the address to an audience of several hundred supporters, club members and gathered press in a ballroom at his club in Florida - flanked by dozens of American flags and banners that read: "Make America Great Again!".

Ahead of his speech, Mr Trump's aides filed paperwork for his 2024 presidential bid.

His much-anticipated declaration to stand comes as Republicans are still reeling from voters' rejection of several of their candidates in the US midterm elections - many of them personally chosen and endorsed by Mr Trump.

He had hoped to use his party's expected gains as a springboard to vault himself to his party's nomination. Instead, he now finds himself being blamed for backing a series of losing candidates after disappointing results in which Democrats retained control of the Senate.

Control of the House remains too early to call.

Former U.S. President Donald Trump claps as he announces that he will once again run for U.S. president in the 2024 U.S. presidential election during an event at his Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach, Florida, U.S. November 15, 2022. REUTERS/Jonathan Ernst
US Midterms results tracker - live

Aides and allies had urged Mr Trump to wait until after the midterms were over - and to wait until after a 6 December Senate run-off election in Georgia - before announcing a presidential bid.

But the former president, it seems, was eager to return to the spotlight.

He is also hoping to stave off a long list of potential challengers, including Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, who cruised to re-election last week and is now being urged by many in his party to run for president as well.

Mr Trump has described him as "Ron DeSanctimonious", and dismissed him as "in desperate shape".

The midterms last week ended up being as much of a referendum on the defeated former president as it was on incumbent President Joe Biden, with more than a quarter of people (28%) saying their vote had been made "to oppose Donald Trump," even though he was no longer in office.

He remains a key force in the Republican Party, but is a divisive figure after his controversial four-year term ended with the deadly Capitol riots on 6 January 2021.

He has continued to falsely claim the election defeat the riots were protesting, was a result of fraud, and is currently facing a string of investigations, including into his tax affairs and whether he took classified documents from the White House after leaving office.

However, last month, a poll found 41% of Americans viewed him favourably.

Former U.S. President Donald Trump looks on as Pennsylvania Republican U.S. Senate candidate Dr. Mehmet Oz speaks at a pre-election rally to support Republican candidates in Latrobe, Pennsylvania, U.S., November 5, 2022. REUTERS/Mike Segar
Image:
Mr Trump endorsed former TV doctor Mehmet Oz - but he lost the midterms Senate race in Pennsylvania
Impeached twice

Another campaign is a remarkable turn for any former president, much less one who made history as the first to be impeached twice.

Just one president in US history has been elected to two nonconsecutive terms: Grover Cleveland in 1884 and 1892.

"Hopefully, tomorrow will turn out to be one of the most important days in the history of our Country!" Mr Trump had written on his Truth Social media network on Monday.

SKY

Garland links special prosecutor appointment to Trump and Biden's runs

Merrick Garland said his appointment of a special prosecutor was necessary because of Donald Trump’s return to the campaign trail, as well as Joe Biden’s plans to seek a second term in the White House.

“The department of justice has long recognized that in certain extraordinary cases, it is in the public interest to appoint a special prosecutor to independently manage an investigation and prosecution,” Garland said in the just-concluded press conference.

“Based on recent developments, including the former president’s announcement that he is a candidate for president in the next election and the sitting president’s stated intention to be a candidate as well, I have concluded that it is in the public interest to appoint a special counsel.”

I do not care about Trump but it seems like he was robbed in both 2020 election and 2022 midterm election.

I don't think Democrats can win both Senate and House currently; I suspect some type of direct or indirect rigging happened.

Last edited:
I do not care about Trump but it seems like he was robbed in both 2020 election and 2022 midterm election.

I don't think Democrats can win both Senate and House currently; I suspect some type of direct or indirect rigging happened.

I suppose that if someone lies and lies and lies with confidence, some people will be taken in.

From an outsider, watching Biden as President makes me think that the US political scene is so weak that it's perfect for Trump to return and take the 2024 election. Seems like, with the support he has and the lacklustre opposition, he could steamroll anyone the Democrats could put in front of him.

Can anyone with better knowledge of the potential candidates tell me if I'm off the mark?

From an outsider, watching Biden as President makes me think that the US political scene is so weak that it's perfect for Trump to return and take the 2024 election. Seems like, with the support he has and the lacklustre opposition, he could steamroll anyone the Democrats could put in front of him.

Can anyone with better knowledge of the potential candidates tell me if I'm off the mark?

IF Trump gets the GOP ticket though since Ron DeSantis could well beat Trump to get the Republican nomination as the Presidential candidate from their party.

Even if Trump does get the ticket, it may not be as straight forward to steamroll anyone this time around due to multiple reasons

1. He is not a new unknown anti-establishment entity anymore and lacks that X factor that he had last time around
2. Even within the GOP some have turned against Trump of late (cue in the Ron DeSantis support base)
3. Trump's recent meetings with Kanye and a white nationalist (forgot his name) has turned off some of the Republicans and centrists (both of whom propelled his victory in 2016)

I sincerely hope Trump does not come back. Not even sure why some PP posters seem to advocate for Trump (maybe most such PP supporters are outside the US and are not aware of Trump). Trump and his base have a strong bias (hatred perhaps) against muslims and Islam in general.

IF Trump gets the GOP ticket though since Ron DeSantis could well beat Trump to get the Republican nomination as the Presidential candidate from their party.

Even if Trump does get the ticket, it may not be as straight forward to steamroll anyone this time around due to multiple reasons

1. He is not a new unknown anti-establishment entity anymore and lacks that X factor that he had last time around
2. Even within the GOP some have turned against Trump of late (cue in the Ron DeSantis support base)
3. Trump's recent meetings with Kanye and a white nationalist (forgot his name) has turned off some of the Republicans and centrists (both of whom propelled his victory in 2016)

I sincerely hope Trump does not come back. Not even sure why some PP posters seem to advocate for Trump (maybe most such PP supporters are outside the US and are not aware of Trump). Trump and his base have a strong bias (hatred perhaps) against muslims and Islam in general.

He did his job, he provided Republicans with 3 Supreme court justices, he may not even be the republican candidate this time, he definitely have his hardcore base who will support him none the less, but many have wised up, plus there was a dislike of Hillary as well which helped him win in the first place.

Trump losing support in his own party , slowly. If Biden ran ( unlikely though ) it would be an easy victory for any fresh republican candidate, probably not Trump.

He did his job, he provided Republicans with 3 Supreme court justices, he may not even be the republican candidate this time, he definitely have his hardcore base who will support him none the less, but many have wised up, plus there was a dislike of Hillary as well which helped him win in the first place.

True that. Trump's lasting legacy is not his policy or GOP Takeover or MAGA crowd but it is the stacking up of supreme court towards the white+christian+conservative side. In that sense the US right wing objective has been achieved through Trump.

After Trump I wonder who the next celebrity to run the country will be. Am putting a wager on Dwayne Johnson

Elon was not born in the US and thus is not eligible to run for President.

Donald Trump's announcement that he's running for US president in 2024 wasn't a lark, or a ploy to avoid prosecution, as some have speculated. He's hitting the road and laying the kind of groundwork necessary for a serious bid to recapture the White House.

Nearly three months after announcing his campaign, the former president made his first campaign foray out of his adopted home state of Florida on Saturday.

In New Hampshire, he addressed a meeting of the Republican Party and announced the outgoing state party chair would be a senior adviser to his campaign. And at the state capitol in Columbia, South Carolina, he received the endorsements of the state's governor, Henry McMaster, and Senator Lindsey Graham.

The latter, a Trump confidante who expressed some disillusionment after the Capitol riot on 6 January 2021, is now back firmly in the fold.

"How many times have you heard, 'We like Trump policies, but we want somebody new?" Mr Graham asked the crowd. "There are no Trump policies without Donald Trump. I was there."

Mr Trump once again denied his 2020 defeat and told supporters that he - unlike any possible Republican alternatives - would be the most effective nominee in 2024.

"To change the whole system, you need a president who can take on the whole system and a president who can win," he said from the state capitol's main hall.

In both stops, Mr Trump touted what he said was his record of success during his presidency and attacked President Joe Biden's record on crime, immigration and the economy.

Trump to be allowed back on Facebook and Instagram
Watch: Five things to know about Ron DeSantis
Trump's four biggest legal problems
Across the street, Todd Gerhardt, a Republican district executive committee member from nearby Charleston, sold honey in Trump-shaped plastic bottles.

Mr Gerhardt was an early supporter of Mr Trump's first presidential campaign, organised a 2016 rally for him on South Carolina's posh Kiawah Island, and recently visited the former president's Mar-a-Lago estate for a fundraiser and to provide his honey for the campaign's gift bags.

He said Mar-a-Lago had a festive atmosphere as the Trump team geared up for the coming fight and he dismissed concerns that Republican voters, in South Carolina and across the US, might be looking for a different nominee this time around.

"When people talk about other candidates running and they say I'm going to do this, or I'm going to do that, Trump has actually done it," Gerhardt says. "He has all the oxygen in the room."

Todd Gerhardt and his business partner, Jeff Fitzharris
Image caption,
Todd Gerhardt and Jeff Fitzharris sell honey in Trump-shaped bottles
Earlier in the day, at a street market a few blocks away from the capitol, however, Mr Trump's visit to Columbia seemed hardly to register. A patron at a local coffee shop groused about it being inappropriate for the former president to hold a campaign event on state property, but most did not even know he was in town.

"There doesn't seem to be the same enthusiasm for Trump this time around," said another local.

It's no coincidence that the first two stops of Mr Trump's third presidential campaign were South Carolina and New Hampshire. The two states could prove to be central to Mr Trump's strategy to retake the White House.

While Iowa is the first state to hold a Republican presidential nomination contest in 2024, Mr Trump finished third there in 2016 and the evangelical Christians who dominate the state's Republican electorate could be eying other possible candidates, like former Vice-President Mike Pence and former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.

New Hampshire and South Carolina, however, provided Mr Trump with a one-two punch that catapulted him to the front in 2016 - a lead he never relinquished.

They could do the same in 2024. In fact, every Republican presidential nominee since 1980 has won the South Carolina primary, making it unique among the traditional early-voting states.

South Carolina could prove to be a unique challenge for Mr Trump this time around, however. He faces potential challenges from Senator Tim Scott as well as the state's former governor, Nikki Haley.

If this is a pivotal moment for Mr Trump, it comes at a time when public opinion polls are starting to stabilise for him after his support dropped in the aftermath of Republicans' disappointing results in November's midterm congressional elections.

An Emerson Poll conducted earlier this week found 55% of Republican voters supporting Mr Trump, well ahead of the 29% for Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, who has not announced a presidential bid but is viewed to be the former president's most formidable rival. A Monmouth poll in December had Mr DeSantis ahead by double-digits.

Earlier this week, Meta announced that it was lifting the suspension it had placed on Mr Trump's accounts in the aftermath of the attack on the US Capitol by his supporters. Although the former president has yet to resume posting to his accounts, his return could provide yet another opportunity for voter outreach - and fundraising - as his still minimally staffed campaign gears up for its 2024 run.

If rallies and Facebook donations were the fuel for Mr Trump's past White House bids, his South Carolina stop was a different kind of operation.

With only 300 announced attendees, it was a decidedly low-key event compared to his typical arena gatherings, with their carnival atmosphere. Attire tended toward sport coats and dresses, not Make America Great Again hats and Let's Go Brandon t-shirts.

To win a third Republican presidential nomination, however, Mr Trump will need the support of the political rank-and-file in states like New Hampshire and South Carolina, as well as his rally-going loyalists. And while Mr Trump's national polls show continued strength, a recent South Carolina survey had nearly half of Republican voters expressing a preference for "someone else" besides Mr Trump.

"Someone else" will not appear on primary ballots, however. And with just over a year until voting begins, while he is still the only announced candidate, Donald Trump is testing out new ways to make that pitch.

"They said he's not doing rallies and he's not campaigning, maybe he's lost his step," Mr Trump said in New Hampshire. "I'm more angry now and I'm more committed now than I ever was."

BBC

Rupert Murdoch, the billionaire owner of Fox News, has acknowledged some of the network's stars endorsed false claims the 2020 election was stolen.

But he denied all of Fox backed Donald Trump's baseless claims of widespread fraud after his election defeat.

Mr Murdoch's comments were revealed in a legal filing as part of a defamation lawsuit brought by ballot tech company Dominion Voting Systems.

Fox News denies defamation - saying the hosts' words were taken out of context.

"Some of our commentators were endorsing it," Mr Murdoch said in a sworn deposition filed on Monday.

Asked about certain on-air claims that echoed Mr Trump's, he said: "I would have liked us to be stronger in denouncing it, in hindsight."

Regarding the Republican former president's allegations of widespread voter fraud, Mr Murdoch said he was doubtful.

Dominion is suing Fox News for $1.6bn (£1.3bn), arguing the conservative outlet broadcast false and malicious rumours about voter fraud that harmed its business.

I think the new DT, Ron DeSantis, is a much more cut throat person and he looks like he will bet DT in the primaries as of right now.

‘I am your retribution’: Trump rules supreme at CPAC as he relaunches bid for White House
Former president claims Biden is leading America into ‘oblivion’ and that he could end the war between Russia and Ukraine

Donald Trump turned back the clock to the darkest elements of his presidency on Saturday with a fiery address that showed the threat to American democracy is far from over.

After a lacklustre start to his campaign, Trump appeared to launch his White House bid in earnest with a vintage display of demagoguery that framed the 2024 election as “the final battle” for America.

The former president, wearing dark suit, white shirt and trademark red tie, also declared war on his own Republican party to the delight of ardent fans in the crowd chanting “Trump! Trump! Trump!” and “USA! USA! USA!”

Opinion polls suggest that Trump’s grip on the party is slipping in the wake of the 6 January 2021, insurrection and a disappointing midterm performance. But he continues to rule supreme at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC), billed as the biggest annual gathering of grassroots conservatives.

Feeding off the energy of a crowd that wore “Make America great again” (Maga) caps, and watched by Brazil’s far-right former president Jair Bolsonaro, Trump returned to the authoritarian language that characterised his political rise seven years ago.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...-at-cpac-as-he-relaunches-bid-for-white-house

‘I am your retribution’: Trump rules supreme at CPAC as he relaunches bid for White House
Former president claims Biden is leading America into ‘oblivion’ and that he could end the war between Russia and Ukraine

Donald Trump turned back the clock to the darkest elements of his presidency on Saturday with a fiery address that showed the threat to American democracy is far from over.

After a lacklustre start to his campaign, Trump appeared to launch his White House bid in earnest with a vintage display of demagoguery that framed the 2024 election as “the final battle” for America.

The former president, wearing dark suit, white shirt and trademark red tie, also declared war on his own Republican party to the delight of ardent fans in the crowd chanting “Trump! Trump! Trump!” and “USA! USA! USA!”

Opinion polls suggest that Trump’s grip on the party is slipping in the wake of the 6 January 2021, insurrection and a disappointing midterm performance. But he continues to rule supreme at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC), billed as the biggest annual gathering of grassroots conservatives.

Feeding off the energy of a crowd that wore “Make America great again” (Maga) caps, and watched by Brazil’s far-right former president Jair Bolsonaro, Trump returned to the authoritarian language that characterised his political rise seven years ago.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...-at-cpac-as-he-relaunches-bid-for-white-house

He does, but he has lost the floating voters who took a punt on him in 2016 because he was different. Can't win the election without them.

I do not care about Trump. But, I agree with him that Biden may start World War 3.

Sleepy Biden is a danger to the world. He is one of those guys who loves to interfere in matters of other countries.

'God, guns and Trump': Thousands turn out for Texas rally

In his first public appearance since speculating a week ago that he would soon be arrested, Donald Trump lashed out against the multiple criminal inquiries that have bedevilled him since he left office in January 2021.

At an airfield rally in Waco, Texas, in front of thousands of supporters, the former president called the New York City investigation into hush-money payments to adult film star Stormy Daniels an expletive.

"The district attorney of New York under the auspices and direction of the 'department of injustice' in Washington, DC, is investigating me for something that is not a crime, not a misdemeanour, not an affair," he said, before belittling Ms Daniels' personal appearance.

Every piece of his personal, financial and business life, he said, has been "turned upside down and dissected" - but professed that he was "the most innocent man in the history of our country".

For the past week, Mr Trump has been posting increasingly menacing statements about "death and destruction" if he were to be indicted on his social media website, but he avoided any such dire warnings during his speech. And earlier on a sunny afternoon in Waco, Texas, the gathering felt more like the carnival-atmosphere campaign rallies of Mr Trump's 2016 presidential bid.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65078418

He has ended up creating half a video mini Trumps in the GOP, who will split up the conservative voters. This is actually bad for GOP. It’s actually bad for US because the country really needs a president slight centrist or right of center and not the radical left wingers we have in the office right now.

Former president Donald Trump vehemently denied that he had an affair with adult film star Stormy Daniels as he faces a potential indictment for paying money to keep their affair quiet.

The former president decried New York County District Attorney Alvin Bragg for investigating the payment and criticised the US Department of Justice.

“The district attorney of New York under the auspices and direction of the Department of Injustice in Washington, DC, was investigating me for something that is not a crime, not a misdemeanor, not an affair,” he said.

Mr Trump held his first major campaign rally in Waco, Texas, where he proceeded to insult Ms Daniels with an epithet he has used in the past.

“I never liked Horseface,” he said “I never liked ...”

Mr Trump continued by saying she would not be the person he would choose to cheat on his wife, former First Lady Melania Trump. Mr Trump is accused of having an affair shortly after Ms Trump gave birth to their son Barron.

“That would not be the one,” he said. “There is no one. We have a great First Lady.”

A grand jury in Manhattan has been hearing from witnesses about whether to indict the former president for the hush money payments. The former president had said last weekend that he would be indicted as early as Tuesday of this past week.

Mr Bragg called off the grand jury on 22 March and the grand jury did not hear from anyone on 23 March, delaying any potential indictment into next week.

In a letter to House Republicans, Mr Bragg said Mr Trump “created a false expectation that he would be arrested the next day and his lawyers reportedly urged you to intervene” and said a request from Republican lawmakers marked an “unprecedented inquiry into a pending local prosecution.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/worl...p&cvid=63b7495674ab4ab581201ed154162bfd&ei=41

Will the current scandal and court tamasha play in his hands when it comes to 2024 Elections? Assuming he is not disqualified?

Of course its all true. He did cheat on her. Everything stormy daniels alleged, you have to be blind to not see it. The timeline of it all checks out, when Melania was pregnant with her son. When this news broke i remember she walked a foot and a half ahead or behind trump in public and even brushed off his hand when he tried to hold her during one occasion. She also had a stone cold death stare during that time. I guess eventually she learned to live with it and forgave him.

Trump remains the most popular Republican despite his indictment
Hours after his courtroom appearance, it was clear the former president’s fundamental political calculus is unchanged

When the history-making indictment was read out against him in a New York City courtroom on Tuesday, former president and current contender for the Republican nomination in 2024 Donald Trump gained a new title: criminal defendant.

Americans saw a quiet and tense Trump walk into the courtroom under the guard of both the Secret Service and the local police force – whose officers stood behind him during his appearance before a judge, as they do with any other defendant. There, he learned he was facing 34 felony counts of falsifying business records related to hush money payments and “catch and kill” attempts to suppress negative news coverage about his extramarital affair with the adult film star Stormy Daniels ahead of the 2016 election.

As unprecedented as that was, it has become clear in the hours after his appearance that the fundamental political calculus has not changed for Trump. He remains the most popular man in the GOP, and the break his enemies have long sought between him and the rest of the Republican party seems as distant as ever.

“For those who think this will harm President Trump’s chances at running for the White House in 2024, I have news for you: it won’t,” Kevin Hern, who leads the Republican Study Committee, the influential conservative body that’s the largest ideological caucus in Congress, said following Trump’s court appearance on Tuesday.

“The same people who were outraged over the possibility of Hillary Clinton’s prosecution for obvious crimes are now celebrating yet another witch-hunt against the former president and political opponent of the current president. This type of hypocrisy is disgusting, and it underscores what millions of Americans see as a blatant double standard in our justice system, causing many to lose faith in those institutions.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/apr/05/trump-polling-republican-party-favorite-indictment

Hillary Clinton has told Sky News that Donald Trump will not win the next election - and Joe Biden will be re-elected whoever the Republican candidate is.

The former Democratic presidential candidate and secretary of state said "more people are onto him [Trump] and his behaviour than they were before".

Mrs Clinton has been subjected to multiple claims by Mr Trump, including accusations of spying on him and rigging the 2016 presidential election in her favour - despite him beating her.

But Mrs Clinton said her former rival will see his comeuppance as he tries to run again for president.

Speaking to the Beth Rigby Interviews programme while in Northern Ireland, she said: "I always thought about him, if you follow him you can see it - he accuses people of things he himself is doing, it's a form of psychological projection.

"I always thought his record in business in particular, but then as we saw him in politics and government, he was someone who cared nothing about rules. He cared nothing about the law."

Mrs Clinton added that despite Mr Trump being indicted and becoming the first former president to face criminal charges, there is nothing in the US legal system that would prevent him from running for president again.

SKY

What's happened so far today
The court is taking a short recess. If you're just joining us, here's where things stand.

E Jean Carroll's lawyer, Roberta Kaplan, gave her closing arguments in the civil rape and defamation trial against former president Donald Trump
Kaplan told the jury Trump was essentially "a witness against himself" due to comments he made in an Access Hollywood video where he said famous people can do anything to women, including grabbing them "by the [expletive]"
Kaplan also said "self blame" kept Carroll from going to the police for decades, something Trump's lawyer have used against her in his defence
Joe Tacopina, Trump's lawyer, has started his closing arguments, which focused on calling Carroll's claims "a work of fiction"
Tacopina told the jury Carroll's story rips off the plot of a Law and Order: SVU episode
A verdict from the jury is expected tomorrow

Donald Trump has been found liable of battery and defamation, after a civil trial jury found he sexually abused writer E Jean Carroll in the 1990s.

The jury rejected the rape claim but awarded the former Elle magazine advice columnist $5m (£4m) in damages.

SKY

Ever since Donald Trump left office in January 2021, he has stayed in a cocoon of friendly right-wing media and his rally crowds of devoted supporters.

While he occasionally has sparred with journalists riding on his private airplane, his television and radio appearances have been limited to the likes of Fox News and more politically extreme outlets.

On Wednesday, he ventured outside that bubble for a 90-minute townhall event on CNN, a cable news outlet he has repeatedly called fake news. It was an at-times chaotic evening that would be very familiar to anyone who followed Mr Trump as he scorched a path to the White House in 2016.

Here are six takeaways from the evening.

A debt ceiling default ultimatum

Republicans and Democrats in Washington are in the middle of tense negotiations over raising the legal debt limit in order to avoid a default on the national debt.

On Wednesday night, however, Mr Trump said that going over the debt cliff for the first time in US history may be a necessary step if Republicans don't get the broad spending cuts they desire.

"If they don't give you massive cuts, you're going to have to default," he said.

The view matches those of some conservative Republicans in Congress who believe the US is already on a course that will end in default and disaster if budget changes aren't made.

"You're going to default eventually anyway," he said, "but it's going to be much messier."

That message will resonate with some Republicans and will certainly strengthen the spines of Republican hard-liners. The chances of an actual default next month - which economists warn would have catastrophic consequences for the US and the world - may have just ticked up.

Not picking a side in Ukraine
Over the course of the past few months, Mr Trump has said that Russia would have never invaded Ukraine if he were president and if he is returned to office he will negotiate a settlement in Ukraine within 24 hours.

He repeated those lines on Wednesday. When pressed, however, the former president repeatedly refused to say who he would like to prevail in the Ukraine conflict.

"I don't think of winning or losing, I think in terms of getting it settled," he said. "I want everybody to stop dying."

He added that he thought Russian President Vladimir Putin made a mistake in invading Ukraine but, when asked, would not label him a war criminal.

Surveys show that Republicans are growing increasingly sour on US support for Ukraine's war effort. The town hall crowd gave repeated and energetic applause for Mr Trump's lines on Ukraine.

While some Republican officeholders and the Biden administration may pledge continued support for Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, it's increasingly clear a second Trump presidency would mark a decided shift in US policy.

Muddy waters on abortion
For conservative evangelical voters, one of Mr Trump's most notable achievements as president was appointing Supreme Court justices who ultimately reversed Roe v Wade abortion protections.

On Wednesday night, Mr Trump took credit for that - but he repeatedly dodged when asked about what the end of the constitutional right to abortion could mean.

Would he support a federal abortion ban? Does he think abortion should be restricted after six weeks of pregnancy, as some Republican states have done? Or more? Or less?

As many times as CNN host Kaitlan Collins pressed, Mr Trump wouldn't give a firm answer, only saying as president he would consider the issue and do "what's right for everybody".

When it comes to abortion, however, there's no answer that will make everybody in American happy.

After Republicans underperformed in the congressional midterm elections last year, Mr Trump said that he thought the abortion issue, and the conservative hard-line positions on it, cost the party votes.

On Wednesday night, he seemed determined to keep his answers on the issue as vague as possible.

January 6 pardons

During a recent campaign rally in Texas, Mr Trump introduced a video of prisoners awaiting trial for the 6 January, 2021, attack on the US Capitol singing the US national anthem. It was interspersed with footage of the Capitol attack and Mr Trump reciting the Pledge of Allegiance.

On Wednesday night, the former president leaned further into sympathising with those who participated in the attack.

He pledged to pardon "many" of those convicted of 6 January offences. He again lionised Ashli Babbitt, who was killed trying to break onto a room near the House of Representatives chamber. He called the Capitol Hill security officer who shot her a "thug".

More broadly, he defended his actions that day, producing several sheets of paper with statements and tweets which he said showed he urged protestors to be peaceful.

For as long as Mr Trump seeks public office, questions about the Capitol riots - and his role in it - will follow him.

Many Republicans, including officeholders who were at the Capitol that day, consider it a dark moment in American history. For them, Mr Trump's attempts to recharacterise that day may strike a sour note.

A man who can't let 2020 go

The former president's first question from Ms Collins was an open-ended one about why Americans should return him to the White House. Instead of answering with a criticism of Democratic President Joe Biden or outlining his campaign platform, he quickly launched into an attack on the 2020 election.

He rehashed debunked claims of ballot-box stuffing and voter fraud, and called it a "rigged election". When Ms Collins pushed back, he said she's smart enough to know better and accused her of having an agenda.

The extended exchange once again demonstrated that the central motivating factor behind Mr Trump's 2024 presidential bid continues to be relitigating his 2020 defeat. It's the one thing he can't let go.

While that may be music to the ears of Mr Trump's loyal base, general-election voters - and even some Republican primary voters - may be hoping to move on.

The party in his corner

While Ms Collins pressed the former president for answers - at one point so rattling him that he called her a "very nasty person"- the crowd of New Hampshire Republicans and independents at the town hall were clearly in his corner.

They gave him a standing ovation as he entered. They laughed at his jokes about E Jean Carroll as he repeatedly denied having any contact with the woman who on Tuesday won a $5m defamation and sexual abuse civil lawsuit against him.

They nodded in agreement as he called the 2020 election fraudulent.

How Republican women reacted to Trump civil case

They were a living, breathing reflection of the hold Mr Trump continues to have over the Republican Party - and the obstacles Mr Trump's opponents will have in trying to wrest the 2024 Republican nomination from his grip.

"I like you guys," the former president told the crowd at the end of the forum.

The feeling was mutual.

I used to think India was crippled because of the old leaders but USA is giving India quite a competition. They need to break the old man streak for once and have a dynamic young leader at the helm.

Donald Trump predictably made Memorial Day all about himself on Monday.

The former president began a post on his Truth Social platform innocuously enough when he wished a “happy Memorial Day to all.”

But it then devolved into a ranting screed as he continued:

“But especially to those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for the country they love, and to those in line of a very different, but equally dangerous fire, stopping the threats of the terrorists, misfits and lunatic thugs who are working feverishly from within to overturn and destroy our once great country, which has never been in greater peril than it is right now. We must stop the communists, Marxists and fascist ‘pigs’ at every turn and, Make America Great Again!”

See the whole, all-caps post here:

qkzhiXk.png

Trump was similarly self-indulgent on 2018’s Memorial Day when he suggested fallen soldiers “would be very happy” about the state of the economy under his administration.

Veterans group VoteVets at the time described it as the “most inappropriate” Memorial Day comment ever from an American president.

“Self-promotion on a day to remember the fallen, and wishing those remembering their deceased loved ones a ‘happy’ holiday is appalling,” it added.

Also in 2018, Trump reportedly described U.S. troops killed in action as “losers” and “suckers” during a trip to France.

The former president has often criticized veterans. He also called late Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), who was captured and tortured during the Vietnam War, a “****ing loser.”

“He’s not a war hero. I like people who weren’t captured,” Trump said of McCain in 2015.

Trump, though, never served in the military. He received five deferments to avoid action in Vietnam, prompting Iraq War veteran Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.) to call him “Cadet Bone Spurs” because one of the deferments was for alleged bone spurs.

The daughters of the podiatrist who signed Trump off with the condition have since claimed it was done only to appease Trump’s father, Fred.

During a 1998 interview with radio host Howard Stern, Trump likened avoiding contracting STDs to battle in Vietnam.

In contrast to Trump’s angry post, President Joe Biden marked Memorial Day on Twitter, writing: “We’ll never be able to repay the debt we owe them.”

https://news.yahoo.com/donald-trump...CtlGjj3zaVhscxxtZFCDS_syZbhr55rO0HagAeJDKcDfl

Former US President Donald Trump has pleaded not guilty at a Washington DC court during his third appearance as a criminal defendant in four months.

Mr Trump denied charges of conspiring to obstruct and overturn the 2020 election result.

The former president, 77, spoke softly to confirm name and age, before pleading not guilty via his lawyer.

Mr Trump was seen in the courtroom twiddling his thumbs before Thursday's hearing began.

It appeared that Mr Trump and Jack Smith, the special prosecutor leading the investigation, exchanged glances.

After the hearing began, he spoke softly in a calm and measured tone to confirm his name and age and to affirm he was not under the influence of any substances.

Mr Trump travelled to court in a large motorcade alongside Secret Service agents and media after arriving in Washington on his private plane, known as Trump Force One.

The new allegations laid out early this week in an indictment, or charge sheet, included a count of "conspiracy to impair, obstruct, and defeat the federal government function through dishonesty, fraud and deceit".

Mr Trump is appearing on Thursday before Magistrate Judge Moxila Upadhyaya. Another judge, Tanya Chutkan, will handle the criminal trial at a later date.

The court, Elijah Barrett Prettyman Federal Courthouse, is just yards from the US Capitol, the scene of the riot on January 6 2021 that heavily features in the latest indictment.

The Republican politician has already been charged in two other cases: with mishandling classified files and falsifying business records to cover up a hush-money payment to a porn star.

BBC

Donald Trump has said he will ask the judge in his alleged election fraud case to step aside on what he called "very powerful grounds".

He claimed that "there is no way I can get a fair trial" unless he has a different judge.

His call came after the prosecution requested a court order that would limit what he can publicly say about the case.

The judge, Tanya Chutkan, was appointed by former President Barack Obama.

Trump took to his social media platform, Truth Social, on Sunday morning, describing the case as "the ridiculous freedom of speech/fair elections case" and saying that his legal team would immediately be asking for recusal of the judge.

He gave no details of his grounds for asking her to step down.

A federal judge has warned former US President Donald Trump against making "inflammatory" statements which could taint the jury pool ahead of his trial for conspiring to overturn the result of the 2020 election.

But Judge Tanya Chuktan ruled that Mr Trump can publicly share some of the non-sensitive evidence which prosecutors disclose to his legal team.

Friday's ruling was a blow to the special counsel who had expressed concern Mr Trump might reveal secret material and intimidate witnesses.

At a 90-minute hearing in Washington DC, the judge said the historic case was proceeding as normal.

"He is a criminal defendant. He is going to have restrictions like every single other defendant," she said.

"The fact that the defendant is engaged in a political campaign is not going to allow him any greater or lesser latitude than any defendant in a criminal case."

What Mr Trump can reveal publicly is one of several battles being fought between the former president's legal team and federal prosecutors.

Former US President Donald Trump has been charged with attempting to overturn his 2020 election loss in the state of Georgia.

A grand jury voted to charge Mr Trump and 18 others with counts that include racketeering.
There are 41 charges, with 13 against Mr Trump. It is the fourth time he has been criminally charged this year.
He has denied all charges. His campaign said the US had become "a Marxist Third World dictatorship".
Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis launched an investigation in February 2021 into allegations of election meddling against Mr Trump and his associates.
After the indictment was issued on Monday night, she announced she was giving defendants the opportunity to voluntarily surrender no later than noon on Friday 25 August. She said she plans to try all 19 accused together.

The list of alleged co-conspirators includes former Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani, former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows and former White House lawyer John Eastman.
Others include a former justice department official, Jeffrey Clark, and Sidney Powell and Jenna Ellis - two Trump lawyers who amplified unfounded claims of widespread voter fraud.
The indictment says the defendants "knowingly and willfully joined a conspiracy to unlawfully change the outcome of the election in favor of Trump".

The former president is accused in the 98-page charge sheet of the following felony counts, including:
  • Violating Georgia's racketeering act
  • Solicitation of violation of oath by public officer
  • Conspiracy to impersonate a public officer
  • Conspiracy to commit forgery in the first degree
  • False statements and writings and filing false documents
The indictment refers to the defendants as a "criminal organization", accusing them of other crimes including influencing witnesses, computer trespass, theft and perjury.

Donald Trump has said he will release a detailed report on what he called "election fraud" in the state of Georgia in 2020.

The former US president announced on the social media app Truth Social that the "irrefutable" report would be "conclusive" and he would present it in New Jersey on 21 August.

Trump is being attacked like Imran Khan. Difference being Pakistanis have no freedom while Americans still have some.

Trump may have secret service protection but so did JFK. Both men are in serious danger.

Trump is being attacked like Imran Khan. Difference being Pakistanis have no freedom while Americans still have some.

Trump may have secret service protection but so did JFK. Both men are in serious danger.
I dont think Trump's situation will get that much worst. They have lot of secrets to get exposed.

I dont think Trump's situation will get that much worst. They have lot of secrets to get exposed.
Hopefully not as Trump is the only one who can stop the war in Ukraine which still has the potential to turn into a nuclear war.

This is the reason they cannot allow Trump to gain power again.

A lot of people think we live in a democracy, some law and order. The reality is the west and other parts of the world are being controlled and run by EVIL entities, they are capable of anything.

Hopefully not as Trump is the only one who can stop the war in Ukraine which still has the potential to turn into a nuclear war.

This is the reason they cannot allow Trump to gain power again.

A lot of people think we live in a democracy, some law and order. The reality is the west and other parts of the world are being controlled and run by EVIL entities, they are capable of anything.
That's actually like an International Emergency Situation. Hopefully things will get controlled Soon.

Officials in the US state of Georgia are investigating online threats made against members of the grand jury that indicted Donald Trump on Monday.

Personal information, including the addresses and photos of the jurors, were shared on right-wing platforms.

Fulton County Sheriff's Office said it was aware of the threats, and was trying to track down those behind them.

The names of the jurors were published in the indictment, a routine practice in Georgia.

But after their identities emerged in that document, supporters of former President Trump seemingly compiled further information available online and posted photographs and addresses to forums, including the social media site Telegram.

It comes just days after the jury voted to indict Mr Trump on 13 charges, which include racketeering and election meddling. He has said the charges are politically motivated.

Donald Trump has said he plans to turn himself in on Thursday to a court in the state of Georgia to face charges of election interference.
A judge in Atlanta who is overseeing the former president's case has set bail at $200,000 (£157,000).
The agreement says Mr Trump can remain free pending trial so long as he does not attempt to threaten or intimidate witnesses.
Mr Trump denies 13 charges, including racketeering and false statements.
"The defendant shall perform no act to intimidate any person known to him or her to be a co-defendant or witness in this case or to otherwise obstruct the administration of justice," says the court filing posted on Monday.
"The above shall include, but are not limited to, posts on social media or reposts of posts made by another individual on social media," the order adds.

It was signed by Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis, who is overseeing the case, and lawyers for Mr Trump.
Later on Monday Mr Trump posted to his social media platform, Truth Social: "Can you believe it? I'll be going to Atlanta, Georgia, on Thursday to be ARRESTED by a Radical Left District Attorney, Fani Willis."
"She campaigned, and is continuing to campaign, and raise money on, this WITCH HUNT," he added. "This is in strict coordination with crooked Joe Biden's DOJ [Department of Justice]."
He also suggested the bail conditions indicate the district attorney must have thought he might attempt to flee the US.
"Would I be able to take my very 'understated' airplane with the gold TRUMP affixed for all to see," he wrote sarcastically.
"Probably not, I'd be much better off flying commercial - I'm sure nobody would recognize me!"

Donald Trump is set to surrender on Thursday to authorities in Georgia on charges that he schemed to overturn the 2020 election in that state, a booking process expected to yield a historic first: a mugshot of a former American president.

Trump’s arrival follows a presidential debate featuring his leading rivals for the 2024 Republican nomination, a contest in which he remains the leading candidate despite accelerating legal troubles.

His presence in the state, though probably brief, is expected to swipe the spotlight at least temporarily from his opponents in the aftermath of a debate in which other candidates sought to seize on his absence to elevate their own presidential prospects.

Donald Trump has surrendered in Georgia on charges of plotting to overturn the state's 2020 election results in an arrest that saw the first ever mugshot of a former US president.

Mr Trump had to pay a bail bond of $200,000 (£160,000) to be released from the Atlanta jail while he awaits trial.
Afterwards, he described the case as "a travesty of justice".

It was his fourth arrest in five months in a criminal case, but this was his first police booking photo.

Mr Trump later posted on X, formerly known as Twitter, for the first time since January 2021. He shared the address of his website and the mugshot with an all-capital letters caption: "Election interference. Never surrender!"

He joins the ranks of American public figures who have had arrest booking photos, including Elvis, Frank Sinatra, Al Capone and Dr Martin Luther King Jr.

Donald Trump's election campaign says it has raised $7.1m (£5.6m) since his police mugshot was taken at a prison in Atlanta, Georgia, on Thursday.

Much of the money comes from merchandise such as mugs, T-shirts and drink coolers bearing the former president's scowling face.

Mr Trump was released on bail, charged with plotting to overturn the state's 2020 election results.

He faces three other indictments as he campaigns for the 2024 US election.

They include two related to his false claims that the election was stolen and the attack by his followers on the Capitol in Washington.

Mr Trump denies all the charges and argues the cases against him are politically motivated because he is leading the race for the Republican nomination to challenge Democratic Party incumbent President Joe Biden.

The attention seems to have galvanised his supporters, and he has raised almost $20m in three weeks, since his indictments in the Georgia and Capitol riots cases.

On Friday, immediately after his arrest in Georgia, he raised $4.18m, said to be his highest figure in a 24-hour period in the campaign so far.

I sincerely hope Trump does not get elected. He is a known racist against muslims in general. The British Pakistanis (and other non-US Pakistanis) in this thread who are supporting Trump do not realize the difficulties faced by muslims under Trump's reign. Trump is a full package and brings with him the far right neo nazi and racist groups that have a set agenda to vilify, attack, and kill muslims.

GWB waged an illegal war on Iraq, and Afghanistan resulting in deaths of over a Million innocent Muslims at the helm of Congress - checks and balances - and GWB was voted for a second term.

Obama dropped more bombs on the Muslim nations than GWB, another checked and balanced `president who was voted for a 2nd term.

The far right in Amreeka, such as Neo Nazis and KKK hate Blacks and Jews more than Muslims.

Lets not forget the life of a Muslim in Amreeka in the aftermath of 9/11, way way worse than compared to today when under Trump presidency.

The accusations against Trump from the lefy liberal mob are nothing but media sensationalised soundbites with no substance or thought.

if Trump is jailed, it will unleash a tsunami in Amreeka, Democrats vs Republicans, and you can forget about the life of a Muslim, it will be the life of a liberal living under fear. If Trump does win, it’s hallelujah time for 4 years.

No one, not even Trump’s staunchest opposers wants another 4 years of loopy looney liberal Biden.

GWB waged an illegal war on Iraq, and Afghanistan resulting in deaths of over a Million innocent Muslims at the helm of Congress - checks and balances - and GWB was voted for a second term.

Obama dropped more bombs on the Muslim nations than GWB, another checked and balanced `president who was voted for a 2nd term.

The far right in Amreeka, such as Neo Nazis and KKK hate Blacks and Jews more than Muslims.

Lets not forget the life of a Muslim in Amreeka in the aftermath of 9/11, way way worse than compared to today when under Trump presidency.

The accusations against Trump from the lefy liberal mob are nothing but media sensationalised soundbites with no substance or thought.

if Trump is jailed, it will unleash a tsunami in Amreeka, Democrats vs Republicans, and you can forget about the life of a Muslim, it will be the life of a liberal living under fear. If Trump does win, it’s hallelujah time for 4 years.

No one, not even Trump’s staunchest opposers wants another 4 years of loopy looney liberal Biden.
Utterly clueless and tasteless post, and I sincerely hope other British Pakistanis do not share the same opinion or thought process. You would let your hatred of liberals to such an extent that you want a known muslim hater in power in a country that is not yours, to the detriment of your fellow muslims? I sincerely hope other British Pakistanis have a better level of kinship and brotherhood for Islam and muslims than you do!

Trump has backed and encouraged by right wing forces like Proud Boys and known individuals like Richard Spencer, Milo Yiannopoulos etc have publicly run many anti-muslim protests. Trump praises their work and refuses to condemn their anti-muslim protests when confronted.

Anti-muslim groups TRIPLED in the US the year after Trump got elected. Coincidence you think? -- https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/15/anti-muslim-hate-groups-increase-far-right-neo-nazis

Just to get your brain thinking right, I'm NOT a liberal and I'm center right. If you think every anti-Trump person is some liberal yahoo then you got it wrong and are clueless.

To all the British Pakistanis here - Please do not support or advocate for Trump without knowing what is happening on the ground in the US. Muslims here have been suffering from so many hate crimes and negative image in media thanks to Trump's alt-right cronies. Supporting Trump due to your personal hatred of liberals or your incomplete understanding of American socio-political factors is absolutely inane and a slap in the face for your fellow muslims in the US.

Judge sets March 2024 for historic Trump trial

A federal judge on Monday set a date of March 4, 2024, for Donald Trump’s election subversion conspiracy trial — placing one of the biggest criminal cases in American history at peak election season.

The date is the day before “Super Tuesday,” when more than a dozen states vote in the Republican primary contest to pick the party’s candidate for the 2024 election — with Trump the firm favorite to secure the nomination.

Special counsel Jack Smith had asked for the trial of the 45th US president to begin on January 2, while Trump’s attorneys countered with a proposed date of April 2026 — 17 months after the election.

“Setting a trial date does not depend on the defendant’s professional obligations so Mr Trump will have to make a date work,” US District Court Judge Tanya Chutkan said after admonishing the defense that a two-year delay was too long.

The decision could have a pivotal impact on Trump’s hopes of recapturing the White House.

Dawn

Utterly clueless and tasteless post, and I sincerely hope other British Pakistanis do not share the same opinion or thought process. You would let your hatred of liberals to such an extent that you want a known muslim hater in power in a country that is not yours, to the detriment of your fellow muslims? I sincerely hope other British Pakistanis have a better level of kinship and brotherhood for Islam and muslims than you do!

Trump has backed and encouraged by right wing forces like Proud Boys and known individuals like Richard Spencer, Milo Yiannopoulos etc have publicly run many anti-muslim protests. Trump praises their work and refuses to condemn their anti-muslim protests when confronted.

Anti-muslim groups TRIPLED in the US the year after Trump got elected. Coincidence you think? -- https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/15/anti-muslim-hate-groups-increase-far-right-neo-nazis

Just to get your brain thinking right, I'm NOT a liberal and I'm center right. If you think every anti-Trump person is some liberal yahoo then you got it wrong and are clueless.

To all the British Pakistanis here - Please do not support or advocate for Trump without knowing what is happening on the ground in the US. Muslims here have been suffering from so many hate crimes and negative image in media thanks to Trump's alt-right cronies. Supporting Trump due to your personal hatred of liberals or your incomplete understanding of American socio-political factors is absolutely inane and a slap in the face for your fellow muslims in the US.

The hate for Muslims started way back after 911. The deep state which actually runs USA paid many people to spread this hate and included this in their policies. Since then it has reduced due to other agendas.

Trump is a showman but far better for the world and needed right now, as he is the only hope to stop esclation against Russia, China which could lead to a nuclear confilct.

It doesnt matter much as USA is being targetted within, nothing can stop its collapse as the sole global power....see by 2030.

The hate for Muslims started way back after 911. The deep state which actually runs USA paid many people to spread this hate and included this in their policies. Since then it has reduced due to other agendas.

Trump is a showman but far better for the world and needed right now, as he is the only hope to stop esclation against Russia, China which could lead to a nuclear confilct.

It doesnt matter much as USA is being targetted within, nothing can stop its collapse as the sole global power....see by 2030.
You are right, it did start after 9/11 but it also did go down a lot after that. American muslims felt a big resurgence of the hate after 2016 (when Don Dumpf got re-elected). There were multiple attacks, open verbal insults on muslims in public space by individuals, multiple open anti-muslim rallies, alt-right making open events/statements against muslims, many neo nazi alt-right groups being formed etc. Muslims in the US felt a palpable increase in hate and their fears thanks to Trump's cronies.

I would say some other Republican candidate would also take the same stance to de-escalate the conflict (if that is the right path forward) and they also do not bring the anti-muslim neo nazi alt-right baggage with them.

100% true, but oblivious to new found immigrants who landed in Amreeka about 5 years ago who pretend to understand the Amreekan model of democracy.

Trump or no Trump, Amreeka is done.

100% true, but oblivious to new found immigrants who landed in Amreeka about 5 years ago who pretend to understand the Amreekan model of democracy.

Trump or no Trump, Amreeka is done.

Stop assuming things because it only makes you look bad. People who carry my above opinions Trump (myself included) were all born in the US or grew up in the US since before the age of 5.

It is so cringe to us Americans to see some of you continue supporting Trump either due to your ignorance or your personal bias of some random fact that you barely understand when you know that it is at the expense of your fellow muslims.

1. I mention with website links from neutral sources about the rise of anti-muslim neo nazis - Y'all do some mental gymnastics about Ukraine war and claim I'm a liberal when I'm center right myself. Your silly assumption #1.

2. I mention that there could be other GOP candidates who hold anti-war stance with Russia but without anti-muslim baggage - Y'all have radio silence.

3. I emphasize Trump being in bed with neo nazi anti-muslim elements - Y'all say it has been the case since 9/11 (No it is not) without any good idea of American politics

4. I mention names of alt-right sources associated with Trump (also in many websites) - Y'all make unsubstantiated and silly claims hinting I'm a fresh new immigrant to the US. I grew up here (your silly assumption #2) ... did your mind ever think about confirming that with me before making such pointless claims?

What more has to happen and how many muslims need to be abused, assaulted by Trump backed neonazi groups before British Pakistanis consider a change of heart? Or are British Pakistanis in general so obsessed with their conspiracy theory fueled desires that they would want to continue supporting someone at the expense of fellow muslims?

If your feeble desire for point scoring in internet message boards is so high that you want to continue desiring something at the expense of your fellow muslims in spite of facts presented to you, then really ... shame on you and revisit your moral compasses.

Just noise.

When Amreeka 'borns' claim the treatment of Muslims was worse under Trump than in any period whilst ignoring the treatment of Muslims in the aftermath of 9/11, then I know for a fact their hatred of Trump is fuelled by the mass media and what it commands them to say regardless of where they claim to be born.

No news or mention from Trump haters on Biden and his connections with Ukraine, along with Hunter Biden's laptop which all but incriminate the Bidens, but no, a tweet is enough to indicte Trump.

Checks and Balances folks!

😂👍😎

The pattern is obvious, the Amreekan public love a warmongering President. The more countries bombed by an Amreekan president, the better the chance of 2 terms.

Trump wanted to end war and negotiate peace with Russia and North Korea, and paid the price for it.

I am still standing by prediction, if Trump is elected President, he will help end the Ukraine war.

Just noise.

When Amreeka 'borns' claim the treatment of Muslims was worse under Trump than in any period whilst ignoring the treatment of Muslims in the aftermath of 9/11, then I know for a fact their hatred of Trump is fuelled by the mass media and what it commands them to say regardless of where they claim to be born.

No news or mention from Trump haters on Biden and his connections with Ukraine, along with Hunter Biden's laptop which all but incriminate the Bidens, but no, a tweet is enough to indicte Trump.

Checks and Balances folks!

😂👍😎
Typical! Never have any meaningful response to my points but only have some nonsensical rants. Consistent with your post history here.

Don't like checks and balances? I don't see you moving to Taliban heartland or to Russia/China/North Korea/Venezuela/Pakistan/India with your spouse and kids. Oh wait ... when it comes to YOUR family you want western democracy with its checks and balances but anything goes when you want to preach to others on your high horse? That is rich!

The pattern is obvious, the Amreekan public love a warmongering President. The more countries bombed by an Amreekan president, the better the chance of 2 terms.

Trump wanted to end war and negotiate peace with Russia and North Korea, and paid the price for it.

I am still standing by prediction, if Trump is elected President, he will help end the Ukraine war.

Other GOP candidates that are not Trump also not favoring war in Ukraine. How come you never respond to that point?

American muslims care a lot about not being assaulted or killed, apparently something our British Pakistani muslims do not seem to care for. So even when we do not want a war with Russia, we could always support other GOP candidates.

I wonder if Trump haters want another 4 years of senile Biden with all the checks and balances from a warmongering Congress. Oh wait......the genie is out of the lamp.

Trumpism is here to stay, Trump could die tomorrow but his legacy and ideology will outlive the lefty liberal loons of the West.

Roll on 2024!

I wonder if Trump haters want another 4 years of senile Biden with all the checks and balances from a warmongering Congress. Oh wait......the genie is out of the lamp.

Trumpism is here to stay, Trump could die tomorrow but his legacy and ideology will outlive the lefty liberal loons of the West.

Roll on 2024!

We could have another 4 years of some other GOP conservative Republican president so we will not have Ukraine war and also not have muslims abused and assaulted.

I wonder why Trump lovers do not understand or respond to this point? :unsure:

Is it due to the same flawed senseless logic of having your family live in a western democracy with checks and balances but preaching for others to be in banana dictatorships? :LOL:

America is now Donald Trump country​

His rivals share his view that the United States is dying, but none match his ability to combine fury and humour

This sums up the power of Trump, and he's not even President, yet!

---------

On Wednesday night, when the also-rans gathered on Fox News to debate the economy and Ukraine, he opted to appear on conservative pundit Tucker Carlson’s Twitter show instead.

They discussed who killed Jeffrey Epstein. Last time I checked, 164 million had watched it – a triumph for Tucker, Trump and the New Media.

You are right, it did start after 9/11 but it also did go down a lot after that. American muslims felt a big resurgence of the hate after 2016 (when Don Dumpf got re-elected). There were multiple attacks, open verbal insults on muslims in public space by individuals, multiple open anti-muslim rallies, alt-right making open events/statements against muslims, many neo nazi alt-right groups being formed etc. Muslims in the US felt a palpable increase in hate and their fears thanks to Trump's cronies.

I would say some other Republican candidate would also take the same stance to de-escalate the conflict (if that is the right path forward) and they also do not bring the anti-muslim neo nazi alt-right baggage with them.

This is the crux of the issue. Firstly, there is no such thing as a genuine democracy in the US. Its a two party system, where wealthy and rich donors fund candidates to further their own companies profits. This is where they fell flat with Trump , who is already a very rich man, but a man who loves fame and glory. Nobody expected Trump to beat Clinton, check the polls 6 months out. When Trump did win the vote, it was a shock to the deep state. They then pressured Trump into certain policies, it was very difficult for him, so he did entertain some inc the assasination of Sulemani. But this was far better than going to war with Iran, which is what they demanded of him but he said no.

Trump was then taken to war against him by his own mainstream media. Trump stated a ban from certain Muslim nations, as he was given false info on the threat, if he refused another false flag would have made him look foolish. So Trump did mention Muslim nations ban but also mentioned there were other nations which werent majority Muslim. The MSM twisted this to make him sound a bigot, which is ironic considering their years of inciting hatred against Muslims and others.

The biggest threat to you and I right now is the war in Ukraine escalting into a large war, nuclear war possibly. Trump is the ONLY President who will stop this. RFK is clueless in this regard.

The hate was spread by the Zionist backed Media and will continue when needed regardless of who is POTUS.

Roll on 2024!

If Biden wins 4 more years, its very possible a nuclear war will take place. Perfect, blame it on an old senile man starting something stupid. Biden is so compromised he will have no choice, and his numpty staff are similar to him.

This is the crux of the issue. Firstly, there is no such thing as a genuine democracy in the US. Its a two party system, where wealthy and rich donors fund candidates to further their own companies profits. This is where they fell flat with Trump , who is already a very rich man, but a man who loves fame and glory. Nobody expected Trump to beat Clinton, check the polls 6 months out. When Trump did win the vote, it was a shock to the deep state. They then pressured Trump into certain policies, it was very difficult for him, so he did entertain some inc the assasination of Sulemani. But this was far better than going to war with Iran, which is what they demanded of him but he said no.

Trump was then taken to war against him by his own mainstream media. Trump stated a ban from certain Muslim nations, as he was given false info on the threat, if he refused another false flag would have made him look foolish. So Trump did mention Muslim nations ban but also mentioned there were other nations which werent majority Muslim. The MSM twisted this to make him sound a bigot, which is ironic considering their years of inciting hatred against Muslims and others.

The biggest threat to you and I right now is the war in Ukraine escalting into a large war, nuclear war possibly. Trump is the ONLY President who will stop this. RFK is clueless in this regard.

The hate was spread by the Zionist backed Media and will continue when needed regardless of who is POTUS.

Trump's ban on Muslim nations was because said nations refused to share security information on passengers flying to Amreeka. The same ban was also applied to non Muslim nations who refused too - as you have mentioned.

As you have said, the MSM twisted the narrative to fuel hate and division under Trump. Well it is backfiring now.

If Biden wins 4 more years, its very possible a nuclear war will take place. Perfect, blame it on an old senile man starting something stupid. Biden is so compromised he will have no choice, and his numpty staff are similar to him.
If Biden wins another 4 more years then it will only accelerate Amreeka's decline. At least Trump will try and restore some dignity towards Amreeka.

Trump's ban on Muslim nations was because said nations refused to share security information on passengers flying to Amreeka. The same ban was also applied to non Muslim nations who refused too - as you have mentioned.

As you have said, the MSM twisted the narrative to fuel hate and division under Trump. Well it is backfiring now.
Forgot to mention, the Muslim majority nations banned from travelling to Amreeka under Trump, were also banned under Obama!

If Biden wins another 4 more years then it will only accelerate Amreeka's decline. At least Trump will try and restore some dignity towards Amreeka.

He's way more dangerous imo. Biden's son was chief planner of the biolabs found in Ukraine. Russia has seized red handed evidence. One document showed pathogens specifically aim at Russian Caucasian genetics. If Putin didnt intervene as he did a huge attack of some bio weapon would have been launched at Russia. Their next tactic was to destroy Russia in a proxy war in Ukraine, which Russia turned on its head to wipe out Ukraine and weaken Nato. Next term , they will know this is the last chance for a while to start a huge war.

Ironically USA the biggest imperial terrorist , has a population which will decide how the planet lives in peace or war.

While some of these points are true (and I concur there is no perfect ideal democracy), it is a fact that Trump considers American muslims as enemies or undesirables. It is not some one off thing that he was influenced or coerced into banning some muslim nations. Please look at the quotes I had mentioned before. Trump has been open about closing mosques in the US. He has been open about encouraging alt right neo nazi groups in the US. I myself personally know 2 muslims who were assaulted by the likes of proud boys and other right wing groups - groups who consider Trump as their beacon because he refuses to condemn them and even echoes their racism by proposing to close mosques, ban muslims etc.

What you say is true for most western democracies (let alone non-democracy banana dictatorships). Common people are mere pawns.

But this does not mean any outsider is good. Specifically for the muslim community in the US, this outsider (Trump) is very bad. This is a nation of open gun laws where Trump advocates no limit access to guns to those same neo-nazi groups.

Imagine being a muslim family in the US when you are too scared to go a mosque on Friday because any Friday some neonazi gunman can mass shoot muslims in your mosque? Can you sit across from that family and look them in the eye and tell them "it's ok about your danger here, let's still elect these neonazi backers because they are the only ones who can stop a war with Russia?" - let's please be honest.

Some of you are understandably abstracted from the US and difficulties American muslims go through in Trump's America because your version of US is what you see on TV or read online. You have not had a chance to be boots on the ground and view it through the lens of American muslims.

To those here who type "Amreeka" and think that is a showcase of their intellect for some weird reason, let me reiterate, my not supporting Trump does not mean I root for Biden. Sleepy Joe is not a good candidate for sure.

While some of these points are true (and I concur there is no perfect ideal democracy), it is a fact that Trump considers American muslims as enemies or undesirables. It is not some one off thing that he was influenced or coerced into banning some muslim nations. Please look at the quotes I had mentioned before. Trump has been open about closing mosques in the US. He has been open about encouraging alt right neo nazi groups in the US. I myself personally know 2 muslims who were assaulted by the likes of proud boys and other right wing groups - groups who consider Trump as their beacon because he refuses to condemn them and even echoes their racism by proposing to close mosques, ban muslims etc.

What you say is true for most western democracies (let alone non-democracy banana dictatorships). Common people are mere pawns.

But this does not mean any outsider is good. Specifically for the muslim community in the US, this outsider (Trump) is very bad. This is a nation of open gun laws where Trump advocates no limit access to guns to those same neo-nazi groups.

Imagine being a muslim family in the US when you are too scared to go a mosque on Friday because any Friday some neonazi gunman can mass shoot muslims in your mosque? Can you sit across from that family and look them in the eye and tell them "it's ok about your danger here, let's still elect these neonazi backers because they are the only ones who can stop a war with Russia?" - let's please be honest.

Some of you are understandably abstracted from the US and difficulties American muslims go through in Trump's America because your version of US is what you see on TV or read online. You have not had a chance to be boots on the ground and view it through the lens of American muslims.
Good sensible post

Can you post a quote where Trump stated he considers American Muslims as enemies?

What Trump did or said was minor compared to the 20 years of Zionist backed inciting hate against Islam after 911. Most attacks on Muslims(what ive seen) was due to the terrorist narrative spread as they wanted to loot and destroy nations. Such people will use any excuse or inspiration to kill those they hate, even without knowing why they hate them.

Nobody can have boots on the ground in the USA, as this would need life experience in most states in a huge nation, simply not possible.

Are you Muslim and what have you seen with your own eyes?

Also please name a better candidate?

Can you post a quote where Trump stated he considers American Muslims as enemies?

What Trump did or said was minor compared to the 20 years of Zionist backed inciting hate against Islam after 911. Most attacks on Muslims(what ive seen) was due to the terrorist narrative spread as they wanted to loot and destroy nations. Such people will use any excuse or inspiration to kill those they hate, even without knowing why they hate them.

Nobody can have boots on the ground in the USA, as this would need life experience in most states in a huge nation, simply not possible.

Are you Muslim and what have you seen with your own eyes?

Also please name a better candidate?

Google is your friend. But to make it easier, I had posted some links with his actual quotes and statements with dates. Post #141 in this thread. I have tried quoting that post again along with this message and I hope it works. If it does not, see the links in post # 141.

Back