Donald Trump to run for president in 2024? Can he succeed?

Donald Trump to run for president in 2024? Can he succeed?

• Total voters
Google is your friend. But to make it easier, I had posted some links with his actual quotes and statements with dates. Post #141 in this thread. I have tried quoting that post again along with this message and I hope it works. If it does not, see the links in post # 141.

There is no quote of Trump saying American Muslims are his enemy.

Can you post a quote where Trump stated he considers American Muslims as enemies?

What Trump did or said was minor compared to the 20 years of Zionist backed inciting hate against Islam after 911. Most attacks on Muslims(what ive seen) was due to the terrorist narrative spread as they wanted to loot and destroy nations. Such people will use any excuse or inspiration to kill those they hate, even without knowing why they hate them.

Nobody can have boots on the ground in the USA, as this would need life experience in most states in a huge nation, simply not possible.

Are you Muslim and what have you seen with your own eyes?

Also please name a better candidate?

No, this is what outsiders think, that what Trump did was NOT minor. It was not minor as he had systematically encouraged so many anti-muslim neonazi groups. You can look up and read reports from SPLC regarding that.

You do not need to live in 50 states to be "boots on the ground" but need at least some first hand experience with reality. This is what Americans have and know, and British Pakistanis do not. Understand this and not make statements like below ...
Nobody can have boots on the ground in the USA, as this would need life experience in most states in a huge nation, simply not possible.
... when we clearly know I never meant for anyone to live in most states. Just live or visit ONE state with open gun laws, spend a few days speaking with a local muslim family and then offer opinions here. Understand that your un-researched 3rd or 4th hand bombastic opinions spouted in the internet adversely affect many American muslims.

Most British Pakistanis here seem to have a version of the US only through third or 4th hand media distortions that suit their echo chambers. You do not understand the life of terror a minority muslim family has to go through in a nation rife with guns, and with a president openly making statements against your religion, all the while you are seeing a spike in mass shootings happening in so many minority gatherings.

Lastly, yes I personally know multiple individuals who were assaulted during Trump's reign (never happened before), heard 2nd hand version of many such incidents, and also personally know of muslim families too scared to go to mosques on Fridays only during Trump's reign. Individuals born in the US and families been in the US for 30+ years.

Your posts have some substance (unlike that "Amreeka dude") and I can go on and on with more details (that you can also find if Google is your friend). But if you have the "I should have the last word no matter what" syndrome then there is no conclusion.

There is no quote of Trump saying American Muslims are his enemy.

@KingKhanWC - Here you go, I made an effort and made it even easier for you. I can add many many more to this list.

Trump wanting to close mosques in the US - https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m_term=.4c13edc8dc7d&itid=lk_inline_manual_12

Trump wanting to create a database of American muslims (like Nazis did) - https://www.politifact.com/article/2015/nov/24/donald-trumps-comments-database-american-muslims/

Nov. 30, 2015: On MSNBC, a reporter asked Trump if he thinks Islam is an inherently peaceful religion that's been perverted by a small percentage of followers or if it is an inherently violent religion. Trump responded: “Well, all I can say … there’s something going on. You know, there's something definitely going on. I don't know that that question can be answered.” He also said: “We are not loved by many Muslims.”

Dec. 6, 2015: On CBS News, Trump said: “If you have people coming out of mosques with hatred and death in their eyes and on their minds, we’re going to have to do something.” Trump also said he didn’t believe the sister of one of the San Bernardino shooters who said she was crestfallen for the victims, saying: “I would go after a lot of people, and I would find out whether or not they knew. I would be able to find out, because I don't believe the sister.”

Dec. 8, 2015: On CNN, Trump quoted a widely debunked poll by an anti-Islam activist organization that claimed that a quarter of the Muslims living in the United States agreed that violence against Americans is justified as part of the global jihad. “We have people out there that want to do great destruction to our country, whether it's 25 percent or 10 percent or 5 percent, it's too much,” Trump said.

Feb. 3, 2016: Trump criticized Obama for visiting a mosque in Baltimore and said on Fox News: “Maybe he feels comfortable there … There are a lot of places he can go, and he chose a mosque.” (It was Obama's first visit to a mosque during his presidency, and it was made in an effort to encourage religious tolerance in light of growing anti-Muslim sentiment.)

March 22, 2016: Soon after three suicide bombings in Brussels tied to a group of French and Belgian Muslims, Trump told Fox Business: “We're having problems with the Muslims, and we're having problems with Muslims coming into the country.” Trump called for surveillance of mosques in the United States, saying: “You have to deal with the mosques, whether we like it or not, I mean, you know, these attacks aren't coming out of — they're not done by Swedish people.”

June 15, 2016: On Fox News, Trump said this of Muslims who immigrate to the United States: “Assimilation has been very hard. It's almost — I won't say nonexistent, but it gets to be pretty close. And I'm talking about second and third generation. They come — they don't — for some reason, there's no real assimilation.”

Jan. 27, 2017: Within a week of becoming president, Trump signed an executive order blocking Syrian refugees and banning citizens of seven predominantly Muslim countries from entering the United States for 90 days. This order goes into effect immediately, prompting mass chaos at airports, protests and legal challenges. Rudolph W. Giuliani, a close adviser to the president, later said on Fox News: “So when [Trump] first announced it, he said, 'Muslim ban.' He called me up. He said, 'Put a commission together. Show me the right way to do it legally.'”

Sorry, still not explicit post, where DT says American Muslims are his enemies. He is talking a little silly but clearly referring to extremists, what he has been taught by the Deep state and usual Zionist propaganda since 911.

Running out of time but will reply soon. Appreciate your efforts for discussion and debate.

Sorry, still not explicit post, where DT says American Muslims are his enemies. He is talking a little silly but clearly referring to extremists, what he has been taught by the Deep state and usual Zionist propaganda since 911.

Running out of time but will reply soon. Appreciate your efforts for discussion and debate.
Thank you and likewise.

My point is that who cares if he only used those quoted words "muslims are my enemies". He has been constantly negatively stereotyping muslims and changing laws to that effect.

Someone wanting to close mosques, saying muslims are terrorists, creating a national database of muslims (and no other religion mind you) to track, saying muslims never assimilate as much in the US, blocking muslim refugees ... does have have to say "MUSLIMS ARE MY ENEMIES" and do these actions not speak more than words? Will we consider someone wanting to close all mosques as a friend of Islam?

Feb. 3, 2016: Trump criticized Obama for visiting a mosque in Baltimore and said on Fox News: “Maybe he feels comfortable there … There are a lot of places he can go, and he chose a mosque.” (It was Obama's first visit to a mosque during his presidency, and it was made in an effort to encourage religious tolerance in light of growing anti-Muslim sentiment.)
Just out of curiosity why did you only post half of what he said.

Greta, there are a lot of places he can go, and he chose a mosque. I saw that just a little while ago, and so that's his decision, that's fine."

This is how people get brainwashed by the media.

The media were trying to get Trump to say something bad about muslims and use part of answers to make it look like he said something bad.

Just out of curiosity why did you only post half of what he said.

Greta, there are a lot of places he can go, and he chose a mosque. I saw that just a little while ago, and so that's his decision, that's fine."

This is how people get brainwashed by the media.

The media were trying to get Trump to say something bad about muslims and use part of answers to make it look like he said something bad.
meh, this still does not negate or take away all of the other things he said. Just because Washington Post omitted a few words of his quote does not make Trump a friend of the muslims.

meh, this still does not negate or take away all of the other things he said. Just because Washington Post omitted a few words of his quote does not make Trump a friend of the muslims.
You seem to have fixated on his remarks when he was questioned just after the mass shooting in Orlando by a man who pledged allegiance to the Islamic terrorist group ISIS. You don't have things in context which is what the media want you to think. The media have a vested interest in misleading you and creating the type of division made between muslims and others. you are falling for it hook line and sinker.

You seem to have fixated on his remarks when he was questioned just after the mass shooting in Orlando by a man who pledged allegiance to the Islamic terrorist group ISIS. You don't have things in context which is what the media want you to think. The media have a vested interest in misleading you and creating the type of division made between muslims and others. you are falling for it hook line and sinker.
Believe me that most American muslims and minorities have his comments and actions in context. A man who says he wants to close all mosques and says we should profile and create a database of all muslims. What happy go lucky context should we box this under so that we can continue singing his praises?

I assume you live in Australia or do you live in the US? If in the US, what part of the US?

Donald Trump is in a similar situation as Imran Khan in Pakistan. Based on that it doesn't seem likely that he can succeed.

Believe me that most American muslims and minorities have his comments and actions in context. A man who says he wants to close all mosques and says we should profile and create a database of all muslims. What happy go lucky context should we box this under so that we can continue singing his praises?

I assume you live in Australia or do you live in the US? If in the US, what part of the US?
The bolded part never happened but the media have convinced you that it did. This is how good they are at brainwashing.

The bolded part never happened but the media have convinced you that it did. This is how good they are at brainwashing.
What makes you say the bolded part never happened? I have added the date stamp with proof of a news link. Do you have proof that it never happened?

Do you live in the US or in Australia or elsewhere? You never answered my question.

What makes you say the bolded part never happened? I have added the date stamp with proof of a news link. Do you have proof that it never happened?
The proof from your news link

Donald Trump says he would consider closing down some mosques in the U.S.​

See how you have been brainwashed, you think he said "A man who says he wants to close all mosques"

You need to find out what people actually say and not rely on CNN, Fox or some other news source twisting messages to brainwash you.

The proof from your news link

Donald Trump says he would consider closing down some mosques in the U.S.​

See how you have been brainwashed, you think he said "A man who says he wants to close all mosques"

You need to find out what people actually say and not rely on CNN, Fox or some other news source twisting messages to brainwash you.
You have skirted my question on where you live. Have you experienced life in the US during Trump's reign, assuming you are a muslim?

You have skirted my question on where you live. Have you experienced life in the US during Trump's reign, assuming you are a muslim?
It makes no difference to the thread what my race, color, nationality, religion, culture, sex or age are, do you agree?.

It makes no difference to the thread what my race, color, nationality, religion, culture, sex or age are, do you agree?.
Generally speaking yes. But in this specific instance no because the impact of living under a regime like Donald Trump's and in a country with open gun laws plus alt-right crazies can only be known if one has actually experienced it as a minority in these said conditions.

Y'all ever wonder how it is always the non-Americans here singing praises of Trump? It is because YOU are generally the ones who have multi-degree separated anecdotal opinion of what you think the life for vulnerable minority groups would be in a rule like that. American muslims have first hand experienced that or in many cases second hand seen/heard that through their local connections. I personally know multiple people assaulted by neonazi groups during Trump's reign - the same neonazi groups who rallied behind Trump (and the ones he refused to condemn). Yet here you are, lecturing American muslims that we are the ones brainwashed by media, when fact of the matter is that y'all are the ones without any first hand experience of the situation at hand.

Look at this very thread. Most of the ones advocating for Trump are not Americans and have no stake in the negative fallout if he is elected. Heck, you could even be an American @Gilly (I doubt it though) but I don't care even if you are because I can guarantee, if you take an honest poll of American muslims here, majority will not want Trump.

What does this tell you? People living and experiencing the effects of Trump are all brainwashed and people opining about Trump through some echo chamber media outlet and are reading these from across the pacific or atlantic are actually the enlightened ones? Seriously ... gimme a break!

Generally speaking yes. But in this specific instance no because the impact of living under a regime like Donald Trump's and in a country with open gun laws plus alt-right crazies can only be known if one has actually experienced it as a minority in these said conditions.

Y'all ever wonder how it is always the non-Americans here singing praises of Trump? It is because YOU are generally the ones who have multi-degree separated anecdotal opinion of what you think the life for vulnerable minority groups would be in a rule like that. American muslims have first hand experienced that or in many cases second hand seen/heard that through their local connections. I personally know multiple people assaulted by neonazi groups during Trump's reign - the same neonazi groups who rallied behind Trump (and the ones he refused to condemn). Yet here you are, lecturing American muslims that we are the ones brainwashed by media, when fact of the matter is that y'all are the ones without any first hand experience of the situation at hand.

Look at this very thread. Most of the ones advocating for Trump are not Americans and have no stake in the negative fallout if he is elected. Heck, you could even be an American @Gilly (I doubt it though) but I don't care even if you are because I can guarantee, if you take an honest poll of American muslims here, majority will not want Trump.

What does this tell you? People living and experiencing the effects of Trump are all brainwashed and people opining about Trump through some echo chamber media outlet and are reading these from across the pacific or atlantic are actually the enlightened ones? Seriously ... gimme a break!
See once again you have been brainwashed, here is the actual transcript of what Trump said:

Reporter: "Was it terrorism, in your opinion, what happened?"

Trump: "As I said on -- remember, Saturday -- we condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry, and violence. It has no place in America. And then it went on from there. Now, here’s the thing --"

Democrats persistently quote President Trump’s comment out of context, twisting his words to mean the opposite of what he plainly meant, namely denouncing extremism. The president made the "fine people" statement at an Aug. 15, 2017, press availability, during a spirited discussion with journalists. Here is what he said in context:

"You had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. ... I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name. ... So you know what, it's fine. You're changing history. You're changing culture. And you had people — and I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally — but you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists.
However, Democrats continue to use the out-of-context quote to support a baseless charge of racism against Trump. It is not the only such case. For example, Biden castigated Trump for allegedly not denouncing former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke, a charge PolitiFact rated as “Mostly False.” He has called Trump the first racist to be president, which is a strange charge coming from a candidate in Woodrow Wilson’s party. But critics cannot produce any evidence of Donald Trump unambiguously praising white supremacist organizations, ideas, dogmas or policies. At best, they refer to the president’s supposed “dog whistles,” which only the critics can hear.

The charge that Trump is tied to these extremist views is ridiculous on its face. President Trump was responsible for — and never misses a chance to highlight — the pre-pandemic lowest unemployment numbers ever for African Americans and Hispanics. He has supported funding for historically Black colleges and universities, wants to make Juneteenth a federal holiday and designate the KKK as a terrorist group.

This thread has proven beyond doubt the problem with society today. The majority are just sheep and will swallow what the media feeds them, lacking any ounce of critical thinking, and the same lot then regurgitate the media narrative believing they are the bearers of the truth, but when pulled up (as above) and proven to be sensationalising, misquoting, or outright lying, they will resort to meaningless drivel like where one lives, their religion, as if it makes a difference because they are not trained to counter unless the MSM tells them how too!

Trump isn't going anywhere, and neither are his ideals. His ideology will outlive the mainstream media agenda and their minions.

There are plenty of videos/montages where Trump denounces white supremacy and racism, but the MSM has an agenda to uphold!

Here's the funny part, Vivek Ramaswamy is also a front runner on the GOP nomination, and he is pretty much in synch with Trump and his views. In fact, even Ramaswamy's style, upfront and to the point, no holds barred, is also akin to Trump!

But poor MSM cannot excuse Ramaswamy of being a racist or a white supremacist! Ha. Ha. Ha.

The Trump legacy lives on!

Here's the funny part, Vivek Ramaswamy is also a front runner on the GOP nomination, and he is pretty much in synch with Trump and his views. In fact, even Ramaswamy's style, upfront and to the point, no holds barred, is also akin to Trump!

But poor MSM cannot excuse Ramaswamy of being a racist or a white supremacist! Ha. Ha. Ha.

Vivek is an idiot and a product of entitled Indian upper caste (parents' backgrounds). Matter of fact you will see quite a few Indians in that mould in the US - the whitewashed WASP appeasers like Bobby Jindal, Nikki Haley, Dinesh D'Souza ...

It is also apparent that Vivek's strategy is to primarily snag the VP post. He believes Trump will win GOP seat and is trying to position himself as an attractive option for Trump's VP candidate.

I see that disturbing the mental status quo of "Trump is the conservative leader who will defeat liberals, have peace with Russia and save Amreeka" that some of y'all may have and perhaps you are clutching at any and every straw man reason so that your status quo is not disturbed.

Here is something else to consider ... why did Trump propose to only close mosques (be it SOME mosques or all)? Did he propose to close SOME synagogues due to zionism (since y'all claim he is not a zionist puppet)? Did he propose to close SOME of the extreme churches that openly preach hatred (like Westboro Baptist church)? Did he propose to close SOME hindu temples given the caste controversy that gripped silicon valley or the rise of right wing hindutva in the US (oh wait, Trump is also buddies with Modi)?

Why make a statement to ONLY close mosques when there are as many perps from other extreme religious groups as well? What does he have against muslims or Islam to only make statements against Islam?

I see that disturbing the mental status quo of "Trump is the conservative leader who will defeat liberals, have peace with Russia and save Amreeka" that some of y'all may have and perhaps you are clutching at any and every straw man reason so that your status quo is not disturbed.

Here is something else to consider ... why did Trump propose to only close mosques (be it SOME mosques or all)? Did he propose to close SOME synagogues due to zionism (since y'all claim he is not a zionist puppet)? Did he propose to close SOME of the extreme churches that openly preach hatred (like Westboro Baptist church)? Did he propose to close SOME hindu temples given the caste controversy that gripped silicon valley or the rise of right wing hindutva in the US (oh wait, Trump is also buddies with Modi)?

Why make a statement to ONLY close mosques when there are as many perps from other extreme religious groups as well? What does he have against muslims or Islam to only make statements against Islam?
Trump made those comments when he was being asked questions about recent (then) attacks in Paris by islamic terrorists and how would handle these types of attacks.

How many mosques did Trump shut down in the eight years since he made those comments?.

Trump made those comments when he was being asked questions about recent (then) attacks in Paris by islamic terrorists and how would handle these types of attacks.

How many mosques did Trump shut down in the eight years since he made those comments?.
He did not because he cannot. Freedom of religion is protected by the first amendment in the US constitution (you would know if you were an American or if you grew up in the US) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_religion_in_the_United_States

A normal president of any country (let alone arguably the most powerful country in the world) should have said something along the lines of addressing awareness among youth in the community or something else along those lines. Not something like closing places of worship that not only blatantly contravene the constitution but will also deny the basic rights of the constitution for the many innocent worshippers in the muslim community. No good sane non-racist leader will have made a statement as blatant as closing down mosques just because he was asked a general question.

On the contrary here is Trump's underwhelming comments about right wing christian neonazis. Why did he not comment about closing their extreme groups (let alone some extreme churches) when questioned? - https://www.rollingstone.com/politi...f-neo-nazis-has-been-so-underwhelming-197638/ - fyi, he hurriedly issued a condemnation few days later when his team realized that this will blow up on him.

Let alone the question of Trump not wanting to close some synagogues due to zionists. What about Trump's blind strong support for zionism and Israel, proposing a one state solution that would erase the existence of Palestine? - https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/17/two-state-solution-one-trump-rightwing-zionists - would some in the Pakistani community that also wants to be among the torch bearers for Palestine be ok with such a scenario?

Who are the 3r/4th hand media version influenced Trump advocates here in PP forum? Only British Pakistanis and Aussie Pakistanis? People that have no stake or will not bear any effects of an anti-muslim elected as President in the US, right? Are there any Pakistani Americans or muslim Americans here who are strong advocates for Trump? I would love to know.

Donald Trump's election fraud trial in Georgia will be livestreamed.

Donald Trump's trial in Georgia over charges of election fraud will be livestreamed and televised, a judge has ruled.

All the hearings will be available live on Fulton County Court's YouTube channel, said Judge Scott McAfee.

A date for the trial has not yet been set, but it could be next year when Mr Trump is running for re-election.

Mr Trump and 18 people are charged with a conspiracy to overturn the state's 2020 presidential election results.

The former Republican president, who faces three other criminal trials, has pleaded not guilty to the 13 charges he faces in Georgia.

All proceedings in Fulton County's courts are usually livestreamed.

However, it will be the only one of Mr Trump's four trials that will be broadcast, and could be one of the most watched trials in recent years.

Donald Trump's election fraud trial in Georgia will be livestreamed.

Donald Trump's trial in Georgia over charges of election fraud will be livestreamed and televised, a judge has ruled.

All the hearings will be available live on Fulton County Court's YouTube channel, said Judge Scott McAfee.

A date for the trial has not yet been set, but it could be next year when Mr Trump is running for re-election.

Mr Trump and 18 people are charged with a conspiracy to overturn the state's 2020 presidential election results.

The former Republican president, who faces three other criminal trials, has pleaded not guilty to the 13 charges he faces in Georgia.

All proceedings in Fulton County's courts are usually livestreamed.

However, it will be the only one of Mr Trump's four trials that will be broadcast, and could be one of the most watched trials in recent years.

It will be the most watched stream in the history of the internet, demonstrating the power, influence, and appeal of the Trump.

One thing I noticed with Trump haters living in Amreeka.

If a non US citizen is critical and deplores Trump, US citizen Trump haters will go on a high five parade.

If a non US citizen supports and praised Trumps, US citizen Trump haters come out with “you don’t live in Amreeka so your opinion is blah blah blah”

Typical liberal hypocrisy and desperation.

Live stream will only help Trump.

Biggest live trial since OJ.

Trump's interview with Tucker Carlson was seen by hundreds of millions around the world. He called out the deep state.

This is now a war between people of America (traditionalists not new age liberals) and the Deep State.

Only this man can stop Nato causing a real huge war with the world.

Trump's interview with Tucker Carlson was seen by hundreds of millions around the world. He called out the deep state.

This is now a war between people of America (traditionalists not new age liberals) and the Deep State.

You know what the irony is? The livestream is exactly what Trump, a TV personality, craves for! He will now get more public viewership than any other Presidential candidate, while the others have to buy 'airtime'.

Genius!

You know what the irony is? The livestream is exactly what Trump, a TV personality, craves for! He will now get more public viewership than any other Presidential candidate, while the others have to buy 'airtime'.

Genius!

USA still has a decent legal system. You are more likely to get a fair outcome in USA compared to other western neighbours.

From what I've read, the prosecuters have zilch. Trump well within his rights to take a look at votes to ensure fairness and legitimacy.

March 2024 , Trumps trial could also be a diversion on some other plan they have.

Trump will likely drop out due to the trials and Biden is too old for gen-z/millenial voters.

Get ready for a malayali US President in 2024. :LOL:

Trump will likely drop out due to the trials and Biden is too old for gen-z/millenial voters.

Trump would contest even behind bars.

Do you mean the little Indian American chap? I cant spell his name.

USA still has a decent legal system. You are more likely to get a fair outcome in USA compared to other western neighbours.

From what I've read, the prosecuters have zilch. Trump well within his rights to take a look at votes to ensure fairness and legitimacy.

March 2024 , Trumps trial could also be a diversion on some other plan they have.
Not sure about a decent legal system but yes prosecutors have zilch, there is no way they can prove intent.

Meanwhile Whitehouse is preparing to defend itself from a Biden impeachment. Proves the GOP understand that Trump isn't just a heavyweight, he is the future of Amreeka.

One thing I noticed with Trump haters living in Amreeka.

If a non US citizen is critical and deplores Trump, US citizen Trump haters will go on a high five parade.

If a non US citizen supports and praised Trumps, US citizen Trump haters come out with “you don’t live in Amreeka so your opinion is blah blah blah”

Typical liberal hypocrisy and desperation.
This is a post lacking any level of intelligence or logic. We are not dissing anyone just because they do not live in the US. Not all of us dissing Trump are liberals. We are also conservatives who want a better conservative leader. I have said this countless times in this very thread but somehow it evades the grasping ability of some British Pakistanis here. They seem to think everyone who hates Trump is a liberal yahoo voting for 500+ genders (or whatever that ridiculous number is these days).

No, we are not all liberals, we do not diss you just because y'all are not living in the US. We find your opinions pointless and without substance because it does not reflect the ground realities of specific demographic groups in the US. Y'all refuse to believe it even in the face of compelling proof. I have shared countless links from varied sources as proof but no logic can fight against "everything bad about Trump is media's false work" type insanity. This very thread is proof for that. What then is the difference between Muslim Trump lovers and Muslim Modi lovers? To us Americans they are both sell outs or fantasy living clowns.

My guess is that I will say this in a few posts and then few days later someone from the usual clown brigade will post the same repeated tirade sprinkled with pointless references to Amreeka (whatever the heck that means), liberals etc ... even though that is not even applicable. Like .... are these the only words such people can type and does their brain not think of anything outside of these phrases? Uneducated clueless people from the arm pit of a backward "Pind" is all I can say!

Isn't Vivek "the clown" Ramaswamy a Tamil? or do I have it wrong? Damn he is such a cringe to watch!

Thank you for saying this. Please share this with your buddy who only keeps typing "Amreeka this" or "Amreeka that" without any substance in his posts and also seems to make fun of the checks and balances of western democracy.

Funny that such makes fun of western democracies but choose to live with their families in the said western democracies instead of living in Modi's cesspool or the Taliban heartland.

Never practice what they preach is what the "Amreeka clown brigade" seems to be about!

You still want to support Trump in spite of every link and source I sent of his actions against Muslims and in cahoots with Zionists? I'm just sad seeing this mean. To many Pakistani Americans seeing such posts from British Pakistanis or other global Pakistanis or even other Muslims feels like a betrayal. It's just very sad to see.

Ladies and gentlemen, Amreeka has one of the worst records of miscarriages of justices, and this isn't even taking into account systemic racism.

Yet another unsurprising pseudo-intellect post! Maybe also quote the "perfect" legal systems of the Taliban, North Korea, China, Venezuela, Pakistan and India while you are at it, so that people can compare and contrast? Or you only know to make fun of western democracies (while living in one) without proposing any alternatives? You never responded to how come you chose to be in a western democracy for your own family but yet keep saying it is a flawed system. Can't walk your talk huh?

Amreekans who claimed Trump said he wanted to shutdown all mosques to conceding he said some mosques in the space of 10 posts should be ignored because day by day the Liberal, Democratic Party, and MSM lies are being exposed.

Moving on, Trump President & Ramaswamy VP - What a GOP ticket this would be! Who knows, but if this does become reality, then the lefty democratic loons would not stand a chance!

On a side note I cannot wait for Biden to be impeached - lets see this beacon of a justice system in action! :ROFLMAO:

Amreekans who claimed Trump said he wanted to shutdown all mosques to conceding he said some mosques in the space of 10 posts should be ignored because day by day the Liberal, Democratic Party, and MSM lies are being exposed.

Moving on, Trump President & Ramaswamy VP - What a GOP ticket this would be! Who knows, but if this does become reality, then the lefty democratic loons would not stand a chance!

On a side note I cannot wait for Biden to be impeached - lets see this beacon of a justice system in action! :ROFLMAO:
I have already explained why even wanting to shut down SOME mosques is bad. But reading does not seem to be your forte. More power to you for sticking to your core skills of repeating "Amreekans" and repeating same old arguments that have already been disproved in the very same thread.

Are you really a British Pakistani or a British Indian posing as a Pakistani? You are rooting for Trump and Ramaswamy? One of them wants to close mosques and the other a racist right wing hindu brahmin.

A self claimed Muslim British Pakistani fervently rooting for an anti-Muslim and a right wing hindu brahmin in the face of compelling evidence against them .... I guess we have seen it all here! :LOL:

The classic trait of a radical woke liberal is when they have no argument they will resort to the colour of one’s skin, nationality, and religion. This is precisely why they are beyond rational or intellectual thinking and must rely on distortion (and MSM).

Amreeka is the birthplace and cornerstone of this wretched ideology, which it exports around the globe, so it is time to severe the head and rip the heart out of Radical Left Wokism - and if it takes Trump, Vivek, or any other individual - they will receive my support, and the support of 100s of Millions around the globe.

Go Trump! ❤️😎👊

There's nothing I'd want to watch less than a Trump - Biden debate. This is the best that a country of 330 million can muster.

There's nothing I'd want to watch less than a Trump - Biden debate. This is the best that a country of 330 million can muster.
Totally agree. They should have an upper age limit to weed out these buffoons.

Donald Trump widens lead in 2024 Republican primary field after indictments, new poll says

Despite former President Donald Trump’s multitude of criminal charges, he remains the dominant frontrunner in the 2024 Republican presidential primary field, even widening his lead among GOP voters.

A new poll conducted by the Wall Street Journal shows that, among Republican voters, 59% said Trump would be their first choice if the GOP primary was held today.

Usa Today

US supreme court likely to determine Trump’s 2024 eligibility soon – ex-judge

The US supreme court is likely to soon determine whether Donald Trump is eligible to run for president in 2024, the well-respected former federal judge Michael Luttig said on Sunday.

Some legal experts believe Trump could be disqualified under section 3 of the 14th amendment. The measure bars someone from holding federal office if they have “previously taken an oath … to support the constitution” and subsequently “engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same”. Interpreting that language, Luttig and some other prominent conservative scholars have concluded Trump’s actions on January 6 and his efforts to overturn the 2020 election bar him from running for president.

The Guardian

Mark Meadows: Trump aide fails to have Georgia case moved.

A US judge has denied a bid from Mark Meadows, a Trump aide charged in the Georgia election conspiracy inquiry, to move his case to a federal court.

Former US President Donald Trump and other co-defendants in the same case have hinted they may also try to shift their cases out of Georgia state court.

But the latest ruling does not bode well for any similar legal manoeuvres.

Mr Meadows is charged with Donald Trump and 17 others with plotting to overturn Georgia's 2020 vote results.

Friday's ruling against the former White House chief of staff means the case by Fulton County prosecutors has survived its first major test.

All 19 defendants charged in Fulton County have pleaded not guilty. All of them, including Mr Trump, have surrendered at a Georgia jail to have their photos and fingerprints taken before being released on bail.

Mr Meadows is accused of arranging calls and meetings in which Mr Trump allegedly pressured state election officials to change the vote count in his favour. He is charged with racketeering and felony solicitation of violation of a public officer's oath.

The former White House aide and his lawyers have argued that he was acting in his capacity as a federal employee, and therefore his case should be moved from state court to federal court.

But in a 49-page ruling on Friday afternoon, US District Judge Steve Jones in Atlanta wrote that Mr Meadows "has not met even the 'quite low' threshold" to have the case relocated.

The judge pointed out that laws prohibit federal employees from participating in elections while acting in their official capacity.

The evidence "establishes that the actions at the heart of the State's charges against Meadows were taken on behalf of the Trump campaign with an ultimate goal of affecting state election activities and procedures", wrote Judge Jones, an Obama appointee.

"Meadows himself testified that working for the Trump campaign would be outside the scope of a White House Chief of Staff."

The ruling adds that it "does not, at this time, have any effect on" similar challenges brought by the other defendants.

Mr Meadows, a former North Carolina lawmaker, is expected to appeal against the ruling, according to the Associated Press.

He testified before the federal court for three hours last week.

BBC

US Senator and former presidential hopeful Mitt Romney has called for Donald Trump and Joe Biden to "stand aside" and make room for a new generations of politicians.

He made the remarks while speaking to media about his own plans to retire.

He said he was choosing not run again because it was time "for a new generation of leaders".

Mr Romney, 76, has had a 20-year career in US politics, including a five-year stint as governor of Massachusetts.

In recent years, the prominent Republican has become a vocal critic of both Mr Biden and Mr Trump.

He will remain in office until the end of his senate term in January 2025.

In a video announcing his choice to not run again, posted to social media on Wednesday afternoon, Mr Romney suggested that age played a role in his decision.

"At the end of another term I'd be in my mid-80s. Frankly, it's time for a new generation of leaders," he said. "While I'm not running for re-election, I'm not retiring from the fight".

BBC

Trump's fraud trial temporarily halted after he sues judge.

The trial, stemming from New York Attorney General Letitia James' fraud lawsuit against Trump and his family business, was scheduled to start on 2 October.

Donald Trump's fraud trial has been temporarily halted after he turned up the heat on the judge overseeing the case by suing him directly.

The trial, stemming from a New York fraud case against Trump and his family business, was scheduled to start on 2 October.

In the lawsuit, Trump, 77, accused Justice Arthur Engoron of defying a June court order that could narrow the case against him.

His lawyers also raised the issue of the judge's refusal to grant their request for a three-week trial delay.

An appeals judge granted an interim stay of the trial on Thursday and referred the matter to a five-judge panel - expected to rule at the end of September.

The non-jury trial could still begin on 2 October depending on how the appeals court rules.

"We are confident in our case and will be ready for trial," said New York Attorney General Letitia James.
SKY NEWS

President Joe Biden on Thursday gave Donald Trump the business for his poor jobs record and debuted a new nickname for the occasion: “Donald Hoover Trump.”

Biden was touting his so-called Bidenomics at a community college in Maryland when he noted that Trump was one of two presidents who left office with fewer jobs in the U.S. than when they began.

“One was President Hoover, and the other was Donald Hoover Trump,” Biden said to laughter. “My predecessor promised to be the greatest job president in history. Well, it didn’t really work out that way. He lost 2 million jobs over the course of his presidency.”

Donald Trump committed fraud by repeatedly misrepresenting his wealth by hundreds of millions of dollars, a New York judge has ruled.

The ruling, part of a civil case brought against the former president and his family business, said he defrauded banks and insurers for years.

It is a major blow to Mr Trump that will likely hamper his ability to do business in the state.

BBC

Trump plans to attend the first week of trial in state court in Manhattan, according to a court filing in an unrelated case.The trial comes a week after the judge presiding over the case found Trump liable for fraud and will largely concern the penalties he must face 3/5

Source: Reuters

Will American Pakistani’s be voting for Trump or Biden?

Personally, if I was American I’d vote for Trump if I had to choose between those two.

Will American Pakistani’s be voting for Trump or Biden?

Personally, if I was American I’d vote for Trump if I had to choose between those two.

It is clear you are making this statement only because you are not an American. Muslim Americans would (and should) think twice before going anywhere near the Trump brigade. It is chock full of neonazis who preach hatred and violence against muslims. Trump himself has made numerous statements against muslims (below).

I find it appalling that the so called "defenders of Islam" in this PP forum somehow make an absolute U turn and support Trump, keep Trump's photo as their profile pic etc in spite of seeing so many compelling facts. I guess the virtue signaling for muslims is all for convenience of winning arguments for some people here and not something they truly believe in.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trump wanting to close mosques in the US - https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m_term=.4c13edc8dc7d&itid=lk_inline_manual_12

Trump wanting to create a database of American muslims (like Nazis did) - https://www.politifact.com/article/2015/nov/24/donald-trumps-comments-database-american-muslims/

Nov. 30, 2015: On MSNBC, a reporter asked Trump if he thinks Islam is an inherently peaceful religion that's been perverted by a small percentage of followers or if it is an inherently violent religion. Trump responded: “Well, all I can say … there’s something going on. You know, there's something definitely going on. I don't know that that question can be answered.” He also said: “We are not loved by many Muslims.”

Dec. 6, 2015: On CBS News, Trump said: “If you have people coming out of mosques with hatred and death in their eyes and on their minds, we’re going to have to do something.” Trump also said he didn’t believe the sister of one of the San Bernardino shooters who said she was crestfallen for the victims, saying: “I would go after a lot of people, and I would find out whether or not they knew. I would be able to find out, because I don't believe the sister.”

Dec. 8, 2015: On CNN, Trump quoted a widely debunked poll by an anti-Islam activist organization that claimed that a quarter of the Muslims living in the United States agreed that violence against Americans is justified as part of the global jihad. “We have people out there that want to do great destruction to our country, whether it's 25 percent or 10 percent or 5 percent, it's too much,” Trump said.

March 22, 2016: Soon after three suicide bombings in Brussels tied to a group of French and Belgian Muslims, Trump told Fox Business: “We're having problems with the Muslims, and we're having problems with Muslims coming into the country.” Trump called for surveillance of mosques in the United States, saying: “You have to deal with the mosques, whether we like it or not, I mean, you know, these attacks aren't coming out of — they're not done by Swedish people.”

June 15, 2016: On Fox News, Trump said this of Muslims who immigrate to the United States: “Assimilation has been very hard. It's almost — I won't say nonexistent, but it gets to be pretty close. And I'm talking about second and third generation. They come — they don't — for some reason, there's no real assimilation.”

Jan. 27, 2017: Within a week of becoming president, Trump signed an executive order blocking Syrian refugees and banning citizens of seven predominantly Muslim countries from entering the United States for 90 days. This order goes into effect immediately, prompting mass chaos at airports, protests and legal challenges. Rudolph W. Giuliani, a close adviser to the president, later said on Fox News: “So when [Trump] first announced it, he said, 'Muslim ban.' He called me up. He said, 'Put a commission together. Show me the right way to do it legally.'”

It is clear you are making this statement only because you are not an American. Muslim Americans would (and should) think twice before going anywhere near the Trump brigade. It is chock full of neonazis who preach hatred and violence against muslims. Trump himself has made numerous statements against muslims (below).

I find it appalling that the so called "defenders of Islam" in this PP forum somehow make an absolute U turn and support Trump, keep Trump's photo as their profile pic etc in spite of seeing so many compelling facts. I guess the virtue signaling for muslims is all for convenience of winning arguments for some people here and not something they truly believe in.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It’s a vote between a right wing Islamophobic nut job that doesn’t try to interfere in other countries political affairs vs a Zionist whose arming neo nazis in Ukraine, was involved in the ousting of Pakistan’s PM and was Obama’s right hand man when he was bombing the ME left, right and centre.

Tough one…

After a years-long investigation by Democrat New York Attorney General Letitia James, former President Donald Trump and his company are accused of lying about his wealth in financial statements.

Trump calls trial a “witch hunt” as he arrives in the court room for the first day. Trump had said on Sunday that he would be voluntarily attending.

James is seeking at least $250m in fines from Trump and a ban against his sons Donald Jr and Eric, from running businesses in New York.

Last week, Judge Arthur Engoron ruled that Trump had committed fraud and that had deceived banks, insurers and others by exaggerating the value of assets.

Al Jazeara

The New York Post (Murdoch) appears to have switched support from Trump to DeSantis. That’s that for Trump, I think.
Thanks to his civil cases, he has become a big liability for the GOP. It will be interesting to see how they turn this around. If I know Trump well, and I think I do- he will just keep digging himself a bigger hole out of frustration and will antagonize and bully the party establishment. Interesting to see how they react

It’s a vote between a right wing Islamophobic nut job that doesn’t try to interfere in other countries political affairs vs a Zionist whose arming neo nazis in Ukraine, was involved in the ousting of Pakistan’s PM and was Obama’s right hand man when he was bombing the ME left, right and centre.

Tough one…

Well put but please also bear in mind that the Republican primaries are not over yet so there may be another contender from the GOP that is not Trump. I'm also not a fan of the logic "everyone else seems bad so let's go with Trump"

I'm just shocked to see so many British Pakistanis support Trump even in the face of hard facts of his Islamophobia.

Donald Trump and children to testify in fraud case

Donald Trump and three of his children will soon take the stand in a New York business fraud case.

A judge ruled on Friday that Mr Trump's daughter, Ivanka, must testify in the case against her brothers and father.

She was dismissed as a defendant in the case earlier this year - but her brothers Eric and Donald Jr were not.

The New York Attorney General's Office said the former president will testify on 6 November and his three children will take the stand before him.

Their testimony is expected over three days from Wednesday next week, starting with Donald Trump Jr.

Judge Arthur Engoron has already ruled that Mr Trump inflated the value of his properties to secure favourable loans.

The trial focuses on six other claims made in the lawsuit, including falsification of business records, insurance fraud and conspiracy.

Mr Trump has previously said he would take the stand at the earliest opportunity. He and the other defendants have denied the allegations.

His daughter Ivanka had previously sought not to take the stand, arguing that she had moved out of the city to Florida and had stepped away from the Trump Organization in 2017.

But Judge Engoron said she still maintains ties to Trump businesses and real estate in New York.

Prosecutors have argued that Ms Trump has important information to share about the events being examined in the case.

In his ruling on Friday about Ivanka testifying, Judge Engoron sided with the prosecutors, writing: "Ms Trump has clearly availed herself of the privilege of doing business in New York."

He cited documents showing that she still had ownership or management ties to some businesses in New York, and that she still owns Manhattan apartments.

The civil fraud case was brought against the former president by New York Attorney General Letitia James, who is a Democrat.

Ms James is seeking $250m (£205m) in penalties and severe restrictions for Mr Trump's businesses.

Mr Trump, the front-runner for the Republican nomination in the 2024 election, has dismissed the case as politically motivated and a "sham".

BBC​

Former US President Donald Trump has said that if he is re-elected as president, he will impose travel restrictions on Muslims on the first day.

According to the news agency AFP, speaking at the Republican Jewish Convention on Saturday, Trump said that we will keep radical Muslim terrorists out of our country.

"Remember the travel bans?" he added, addressing attendees at the Republican Jewish Coalition's annual meeting. I will reinstate my travel ban on the first day the president is elected.

At the start of his presidency in 2017, Trump imposed sweeping restrictions on the entry of travelers from Iran, Libya, Somalia, Syria, Yemen and, initially, Iraq and Sudan.

The order was immediately challenged in a US court as discriminatory, but Trump's strict anti-immigration agenda, along with such restrictions, were extremely popular in his constituency.

President Joe Biden withdrew the ban in the first week after taking office in 2021.

A White House spokesman said Biden was proud to end his predecessor's infamous ban on non-American Muslims.

The former US president was among several Republican candidates standing at a gathering of influential Jewish donors to pledge unwavering support for Israel in its fight against Hamas.

"I will defend our friends and allies in the State of Israel like no one has done before," Trump said at an event in Las Vegas, in the southwestern state of Nevada.

Source: Dawn

According to Media Sources:

Donald Trump used a speech to a Republican Jewish convention on Saturday to promise reimposition of a controversial travel ban that targeted a slew of mostly Muslim countries if he gets re-elected.

"You remember the travel ban? On day one I will restore our travel ban," he said.

At the start of his presidency in 2017, Trump imposed sweeping restrictions on the entry of travellers from Iran, Libya, Somalia, Syria, Yemen and, initially, Iraq and Sudan. The order was quickly challenged in court as discriminatory against a religious group, but the bans, along with Trump's hard-line anti-immigration agenda, were popular with his base.

President Joe Biden reversed the ban in his first week in office in 2021.

Biden "was proud to overturn the vile, un-American Muslim ban enacted by his predecessor," a White House spokesman said.

The former US leader was among several Republican hopefuls lining up at the gathering of influential Jewish donors to pledge unwavering support for Israel in its war against Hamas.

Trump told the event, held in Las Vegas, in the southwestern state of Nevada, that he would "defend our friend and ally in the State of Israel like nobody has ever."

Trump testifies at trial that property estimates were inaccurate

NEW YORK: Donald Trump on Monday testified that his company did not provide accurate estimates of many of his properties in a rambling and defiant performance on the witness stand in a civil fraud trial in New York.

The former US president said his company undervalued his Mar-a-Lago estate and Doral golf course in Florida and overvalued his Trump Tower apartment, among other assets, but sought to minimise the importance of the estimates, which state lawyers said were inflated to win better financing terms.

“It wasn’t important. You’ve made it important, but it wasn’t,” Trump said of the estimates.

Judge Arthur Engoron has already ruled those estimates to be `fraudulent’. New York state lawyers argued in their lawsuit that the estimates misled lenders and insurers, earning him $100 million and exaggerating his wealth by $2 billion.

Trump has repeatedly said the case is “witch-hunt” and has accused Engoron and New York Attorney General Letitia James of being politically biased against him.

He kept up those complaints on the witness stand, where he accused legal authorities of paying unduly close attention to his business after he won the 2016 presidential election.

“I’m sure the judge will rule against me because he always rules against me,” he said.

“This is a very unfair trial,” he added later.

Trump’s remarks drew a sharp reprimand from Engoron, who threatened to cut his testimony short.

“Mr Kise, can you control your client? This is not a political rally. This is a courtroom,” Engoron asked Trump’s lawyer, Christopher Kise.

Attorney General Letitia James brushed aside Trump’s attacks.

“At the end of the day, the only thing that matters are the facts and the numbers. The numbers, my friends, don’t lie,” James said outside the courthouse before Trump’s testimony.

Unlike the four criminal cases the frontrunner for the Republican presidential nomination faces, this civil trial does not threaten to put him in prison as he mounts a comeback White House bid.

Trump has sought to take advantage of the legal cases, using them to solicit campaign donations and argue that he is being targeted for his political views.

But the civil fraud case against Trump and his business could undercut his image, cultivated over decades, as a glamorous billionaire who shuttles between elegant resorts and premium golf courses that bear his name.

James is seeking $250m in fines, as well as restrictions that would prevent Trump and his sons Eric and Donald Jr from doing business in their home state.

In testimony last week, both sons said they were unfamiliar with the details of the valuation documents. Trump made that argument as well, saying accountants did the bulk of the work.

Engoron has already cancelled business certificates for companies that control large portions of his business, though that order is on hold during appeal.

Evidence introduced at trial so far has revealed that company officials, including Trump’s sons Eric and Donald Jr, tried to manipulate the assessed value of trophy properties like the Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida.

DAWN

US President Joe Biden has said part of his motivation to run for a second term next year is to prevent the return of Donald Trump.

"We cannot let him win," Mr Biden told reporters.
In a Fox News event, Mr Trump did not rule out abusing power if he returns to the White House. The Republican also said he thought Mr Biden was too old for such a political rematch.

Neither candidate is yet the official nominee of their respective party.

Mr Trump is the runaway front-runner in the Republican race even as he faces four criminal cases. Mr Biden, as the incumbent president, is the presumptive Democratic nominee.

Current opinion polls indicate a hypothetically tight race between the two as the 2024 White House campaign heats up.

Speaking to reporters off camera at a campaign fundraising event near Boston, Mr Biden said: "If Trump wasn't running, I'm not sure I'd be running. But we cannot let him win."

The president's remarks were regarded as the first time he has pinned his aspirations for a second term squarely on opposing Mr Trump's comeback bid.

Later on Tuesday, Mr Trump appeared at a televised Fox News town hall in Davenport, Iowa.
The host, Sean Hannity, asked: "You are promising America tonight, you would never abuse power as retribution against anybody?"

"Except for day one," Mr Trump replied. "I want to close the border and I want to drill, drill, drill."

Earlier in the interview, Mr Hannity asked the former president if he "in any way" had "any plans whatsoever, if re-elected president, to abuse power, to break the law to use the government to go after people".
"You mean like they're using right now?" Trump replied.

He also said he did not think Mr Biden would "make it physically" through the gruelling campaign ahead.

His rival's mental state, he said, is "possibly equally as bad or even worse" than his physical state.
Mr Trump is skipping the fourth Republican presidential debate on Wednesday, which will be held in Alabama.

Source : BBC

Trump: I won't be a dictator if I become U.S. president again​

Former U.S. President and Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump rallies with supporters at a "commit to caucus" event at a Whiskey bar in Ankeny, Iowa, U.S. December 2, 2023.

Dec 5 - Donald Trump said on Tuesday that he will not become a dictator if he becomes U.S. president again except "on day one", after warnings from Democrats and some Republicans that America was in danger of becoming an autocracy if he wins the 2024 election.
Republican presidential candidate Trump had to be asked twice during a televised town hall event in Iowa to deny that he would abuse power to seek revenge on political opponents if re-elected to the White House

"No. No. Other than day one," Trump said when asked to deny he would become a "dictator" if he wins the November election

Trump said on the "day one" he referred to, he would use his presidential powers to close the southern border with Mexico and expand oil drilling.

Trump, seeking a second White House term in a likely election re-match with Democratic President Joe Biden, has frequently promised "retribution" on political opponents if he gains power again.

Targets include Biden, prosecutors who have charged him with dozen of crimes, the Department of Justice, and the federal bureaucracy, he said in campaign speeches and TV appearances this year.
Trump, the frontrunner for the Republican presidential nomination, was appearing at a Fox News event before a friendly audience in Davenport, Iowa, the state where the party's nominating contest kicks off on Jan. 15.

As soon as the event finished, Biden's campaign manager, Julie Chavez Rodriguez, said in a statement: "Donald Trump has been telling us exactly what he will do if he's re-elected and tonight he said he will be a dictator on day one. Americans should believe him."

Trump was U.S. president between 2017 and 2021, and has refused to concede that he lost to Biden in the 2020 election

Since then Trump has spread false claims that the 2020 election was stolen from him, a conspiracy that fueled the deadly insurrection by Trump supporters at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. Trump's election lies also form a cornerstone of his current White House campaign.

Source: Reuters

Presidential Election Survey 2024.

Ahead of the 2024 presidential election, Morning Consult is conducting thousands of surveys every day, asking registered U.S. voters whom they plan to vote for in 2024’s likely rematch between President Joe Biden and former President Donald Trump, as well as how they view these candidates and other top political figures. Our ongoing candidate tracking is complemented by daily tracking of the issues voters consider most important when making their decisions at the ballot box, whom they trust most to handle those issues and the extent to which media coverage of those issues is reaching them.

Every week, we’ll update this page with the latest tracking data on all of the major questions heading into the 2024 general election.

Biden and Trump are tied: Biden and Trump, the likeliest Republican presidential nominee for 2024, are knotted up at 43% a piece in our latest national tracking survey. That’s compared with Biden’s 1-percentage-point lead from our last weekly update. A sizable 10% of voters said they would vote for another candidate if the 2024 election were held today, while 4% are undecided

• Biden’s lead over Trump has declined over time, especially since the summer as the Republican presidential primary has heated up.
  • Roughly 1 in 10 voters have consistently said they would back a third-party candidate if the election were today, an exceptionally high number that reflects Americans’ dissatisfaction with their probable choices next year.
Source : Morning Consult

Blow to Biden as poll shows Trump in lead for 2024 presidential election
Trump ahead 47% to 43%, worrying some Democrats as others caution avoiding ‘mad poll disease’

Donald Trump has nudged ahead of Joe Biden in national polling for the 2024 presidential election, a survey published on Saturday revealed, a day after the US president branded his predecessor as “despicable” at an event in California.

The Wall Street Journal poll shows Biden with the lowest approval rating of his presidency, a finding broadly in line with other recent studies that have sparked concern in Democratic circles less than a year before voters go to the polls.

It shows Trump leading Biden by four points, 47% to 43%, the first time this survey has shown that the former US president is favored in a head-to-head test of the likely 2024 White House matchup, the WSJ said.

It shows Trump leading Biden by four points, 47% to 43%, the first time this survey has shown that the former US president is favored in a head-to-head test of the likely 2024 White House matchup, the WSJ said.

When five potential third-party and independent candidates are included, drawing a combined 17% support, Trump’s lead expands to six points, 37-31.

Although Biden has expressed his desire to run for a second term, many in the Democratic party would like to see him stand down, fearing his advancing age – 81 on election day and 86 after eight years in the White House if he wins next year – will turn off voters.

The indictment of the president’s son, Hunter Biden, in California on Thursday on nine criminal tax charges places additional obstacles in his path to re-election.

Meanwhile Trump, despite leading the race for the Republican nomination by almost 50 points, according to RealClearPolitics, is no shoo-in either, largely because of his own multiple legal woes. The candidate who will himself be 78 on polling day remains in peril from four concurrent criminal cases against him, some over his illegal efforts to overturn Biden’s 2020 victory.

Trump dismisses warnings that his victory would threaten democracy and says Biden is the real threat

Former President Donald Trump on Saturday characterized warnings that his victory in 2024 would represent a threat to democracy as a “hoax” and “Democrat misinformation.”

The former president, who faces federal and state charges stemming from his efforts to overturn the 2020 election, said in a speech hosted by the New York Young Republican Club that President Joe Biden “is the real threat to democracy.”

“Can you believe it? This is their new line, you know,” Trump said. “Here we go again — ‘Russia, Russia, Russia,’ ‘Mueller, Mueller, Mueller,’ ‘Ukraine, Ukraine, Ukraine.’ One hoax after another.

“But no, I’m not a threat. I will save democracy. The threat is Crooked Joe Biden,” Trump said. “And that’s what it is, it’s a hoax. We call it now the threat-to-democracy hoax, because that’s what it is.”

The former president, who said last week that he wouldn’t be a dictator if reelected “except for Day 1” to address the border and domestic oil production, complained about how those remarks had been characterized, saying he never claimed he wanted to be a dictator.

“I said I want to be a dictator for one day,” Trump said. “And you know why I want to be a dictator? Because I want a wall … and I want to drill, drill, drill.”

Trump said later that Democrats’ attacks regarding democracy were a “desperate and shameless attempt to distract from the monstrous abuses of power the left is committing before your very eyes.” He pointed to more than a dozen state-level petitions to remove him from the 2024 ballot, citing a clause of the Constitution’s 14th Amendment barring those who have engaged in “insurrection or rebellion” from office.

Source : CNN

White House Slams Trump For His "Dictator For One Day" Remarks

During a speech on Saturday, Donald Trump repeated a statement he made during a Fox News town hall last week that he did not intend to become a dictator if he wins the presidency again except "on day one".

U.S. President Joe Biden has been working to guard against the "unprecedented threats" facing American democracy, a White House official said on Monday, responding to Donald Trump's comments that he wanted to be a "dictator for one day" if elected to a second term.
During a speech on Saturday, Trump repeated a statement he made during a Fox News town hall last week that he did not intend to become a dictator if he wins the presidency again except "on day one".

"I said I want to be a dictator for one day," Trump told the New York Young Republican Club annual gala. "And you know why I wanted to be a dictator? Because I want a wall, right? I want a wall and I want to drill, drill, drill."

His comments were nearly identical to those he made in the Fox town hall and prompted chants of "Build the Wall" from the gala crowd.

When asked about Trump's comments, White House spokesman Andrew Bates said Biden "has been working to protect American democracy and to unite people of all political views against these unprecedented threats" without mentioning Trump by name.

Trump, the Republican frontrunner headed for a likely election re-match with Biden in 2024, has frequently promised "retribution" against political opponents if he gains power again. He has also called for the "termination" of parts of the Constitution over his false claims that his loss to Biden in the 2020 election was due to massive voter fraud.

"And I want to say it is wrong to suspend the Constitution and abuse federal power to persecute critics and trample the First Amendment," Bates added while speaking on Air Force One as Biden flew to Philadelphia.

Supreme Court asked to decide if Trump can be prosecuted
The US Supreme Court has been asked to decide whether Donald Trump can be prosecuted for crimes he allegedly committed while he was president.

Jack Smith, the special counsel overseeing two criminal investigations into Mr Trump, asked the court on Monday for a quick ruling on whether he is immune from federal prosecution.
The top court later agreed to consider his request.

It asked Mr Trump's legal team to file a response by 20 December.
The justices, however, gave no indication of how or when they would ultimately rule.

Mr Trump, 77, is scheduled to stand trial in March on federal charges relating to an alleged plot to overturn the 2020 election results.

But his lawyers have repeatedly argued that former presidents cannot face criminal charges for conduct related to their official responsibilities.

That argument, however, was rejected by a lower court judge earlier this month who ruled the case could go ahead as planned. Mr Trump then said he would appeal that decision.

Mr Smith's rare direct request to America's highest court on Monday was an attempt to leapfrog the lower courts altogether and avoid any delays to the scheduled 4 March trial date.

Mr Smith wrote: "This case presents a fundamental question at the heart of our democracy: whether a former president is absolutely immune from federal prosecution for crimes committed while in office or is constitutionally protected from federal prosecution."

He added that Mr Trump's claims of presidential immunity are "profoundly mistaken" and "only this court can definitively resolve them".

The Trump campaign earlier accused Mr Smith of trying "a Hail Mary by racing to the Supreme Court and attempting to bypass the appellate process".

"There is absolutely no reason to rush this sham to trial except to injure President Trump and tens of millions of his supporters," a spokesperson said.

BBC

Trump’s secret weapon consolidating the GOP: Fear

Some anti-Trump voters say the social cost of speaking out can be too high to take the risk. It's the same fear other Republicans have noted in elected officials.

Anti-Donald Trump Republicans know they are in the middle of a critical moment to stop the former president’s political comeback. But for some, the steep cost of voicing resistance to Trump often renders them silent.

“If you go against Trump, like — you’re over,” said Kyle Clare, 20, a member of the University of Iowa’s College Republicans.

“I don’t talk about Donald Trump a lot because I’m afraid of the backlash,” said Jody Sears, 66, a registered Republican from Grimes, Iowa.

“If you would say something negative about Trump, we had one person that would just go bang for your throat,” said Barbra Spencer, 83, a former Trump voter describing her experience living in senior apartments in Spillville, Iowa.

Trump still enjoys broad popularity in the Republican Party, and that’s driving his polling leads among Republicans in Iowa, New Hampshire and every other state ahead of the 2024 primaries. But he has also used that popularity to enforce unity. And the same impulse that has led Republican officeholders to avoid criticizing Trump because of potential threats to their safety and their jobs is also holding back rank-and-file voters from opposing the former president in public with the full strength of their personal convictions.

NBC News spoke to more than a half-dozen Iowa voters turned off by Trump — but some were anxious about talking on the record out of fear of being shunned by friends or family. One Iowan said they plan on saying they caucused for Trump when asked by members of their community but will actually caucus for Vivek Ramaswamy.

Source : CNBC News

Rudy Giuliani must pay $148 million to 2 Georgia election workers he defamed, jury decides

Washington — A federal jury on Friday ordered former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani to pay a total of $148 million to two former Georgia election workers who were at the center of baseless claims he spread in the wake of the 2020 presidential election, a stunning award worth nearly $100 million more than the women had sought.

The jury of eight Washington, D.C., residents deliberated for roughly 10 hours across Thursday and Friday before reaching a decision. Jurors heard four days of emotional testimony in the civil trial against Giuliani, who served as former President Donald Trump's personal lawyer toward the end of his presidency.

The case was brought by Ruby Freeman and Wandrea ArShaye "Shaye" Moss, her daughter, who sued Giuliani for falsely claiming they engaged in a fake ballot processing scheme while they served as election workers for Fulton County in the last presidential election.

A federal judge in Washington determined earlier this year that Giuliani was liable for defaming Freeman and Moss, and the jury was tasked with determining how much in compensatory and punitive damages to award the mother-and-daughter pair. Freeman sought compensatory damages of $23.9 million for defamation, while Moss was asking for $24.7 million.

The jury awarded the following:

• $16,171,000 to Freeman in compensatory damages for defamation;
  • $16,998,000 for Moss in compensatory damages for defamation;
  • $20 million each, or $40 million total, in compensatory damages for emotional distress;
  • $75 million in punitive damages for both

Giuliani remained defiant after the verdict was read in court. Speaking to reporters outside the courthouse, he said the threats the women received in the wake of the election were "abominable" and "deplorable" but continued to stand by his baseless claims of voter fraud and vowed to appeal the ruling.

"The absurdity of the number merely underscores the absurdity of the entire proceeding," Giuliani said. "I'm quite confident that when this case gets before a fair tribunal, it will be reversed so quickly it'll make your head spin, and the absurd number that just came in will help that."

Giuliani's net worth and assets have fluctuated over the years, but they were currently believed to be less than the $48.6 million the women were seeking, based on a comment from his attorney earlier in the week. Joe Sibley told the jury that an award of that amount would be the "civil equivalent of the death penalty" for his client.

Why a Trump conviction might not save Biden’s reelection

It’s the go-to refrain for Democrats watching Joe Biden fall behind Donald Trump in polls: Just wait until Trump is convicted.

Yes, Biden’s historically unpopular. Yes, views of his job performance are growing increasingly negative. But if a jury of Trump’s peers in Manhattan, or South Florida, or Atlanta or Washington convicts him before Election Day, they say, it would have a dramatic impact on the race.

The evidence so far suggests the race might shift only slightly, by a few points. That could be important in another close election, but it’s not the kind of Trump collapse that Democrats may hope for — or Biden may need if his numbers don’t improve.

Trump’s legal peril is unprecedented, and the sentiment that a criminal conviction could be a mortal wound to his candidacy is mostly driven by political intuition right now. But we’re starting to get more data on how a conviction would affect Trump’s chances to defeat Biden, thanks to pollsters who’ve asked voters what they would do if a jury found Trump guilty.

Take last week’s Wall Street Journal poll. Trump led Biden by 4 percentage points in a head-to-head matchup, 47 percent to 43 percent. The race shifted only slightly, to a 1-point Biden lead, among respondents who were also asked what they would do if Trump were convicted in either of the two federal cases, either for unlawfully possessing classified documents or conspiring to overturn the results of the 2020 election.

Source : Politico

Vladimir Putin would prefer US president who is...': What Russian official said amid war with Ukraine

Russian President Vladimir Putin would prefer a US president who is "more constructive" toward Russia and understands the "importance of the dialogue" between the two countries, the Kremlin spokesperson said on Friday. His statement came amid the ongoing Russia-Ukraine war and ahead of US presidential elections in 2024.

In an interview with NBC news, Russian spokesperson Dmitry Peskov was asked if Putin could work with former US President Donald Trump. In his response, Peskov was quoted as saying that Putin would be ready to work with "anyone who will understand that from now on, you have to be more careful with Russia and you have to take into account its concerns."

According to reports, Trump had commended Putin’s leadership style during his time as the US president.

The NBC news reported in September this year that Russian President Putin had said he was "happy" to hear Trump's promise to "resolve all burning issues within several days" — including the war in Ukraine.

Trump had then appreciated Putin's praise and said it meant "what I'm saying is right," referring to his positions on the war in Ukraine.

Source : NBC News

I hated Trump and still find him annoying but I am hoping he comes back to slap the hypocrites from the Democrats.

Back