Dragon Ball Series

Rana said:
The Android and Cell Saga! thats when DBZ really kicked into full gear!

Agreed, I think the Cell saga is my favourite of all of them.

Amir said:
I just finished watching DBGT, and I think Dragon Ball GT"s fault is Goku being a kid. He seems to take everything so easy. For example he is too relaxed facing the shadow dragons until he gets to the last 3 and it just ruins the seriousness of the issue. Omega Shenron was a excellent last enemy.

About Goku beating Omega Shenron and not SSJ4, I think that was a mistake. Gogeta should have finished him off and finally Vegeta and Goku acknowledge one another strength or something. However I guess the thing they wanted to show was not power but that light always trumps the dark (hence why he used the Spirit Bomb, which was not Goku's energy but all the energy from the universe). Though I think they overplay the spirit bomb all the time.

The ending was kinda dumb, like goku just leaves all foa sudden. God dang it, he has a family....he can't just leave!

Z had to be the best series of the three but it was good to finally give some closure ot the series :D I hope someone one day makes another Dragon Ball Series. More like the adventures of Vegeta after Goku disappeared.

It would be awesome if they made another series utilising todays technology and animation. Imagine how cool that would be but we know that will never happen. The fact that AK wanted to bring closure to the series as soon as the Frieza saga tells me he will not be willing to do another. Though i wouldn't mind if they made another DBZ anniversary type movie.

Uzzy said:
It would be awesome if they made another series utilising todays technology and animation. Imagine how cool that would be but we know that will never happen. The fact that AK wanted to bring closure to the series as soon as the Frieza saga tells me he will not be willing to do another. Though i wouldn't mind if they made another DBZ anniversary type movie.

I just wish FOX purseued that movie. With all their technology they could make the Kamehameha look real good.

Amir said:
I just finished watching DBGT, and I think Dragon Ball GT"s fault is Goku being a kid. He seems to take everything so easy. For example he is too relaxed facing the shadow dragons until he gets to the last 3 and it just ruins the seriousness of the issue. Omega Shenron was a excellent last enemy.

About Goku beating Omega Shenron and not SSJ4, I think that was a mistake. Gogeta should have finished him off and finally Vegeta and Goku acknowledge one another strength or something. However I guess the thing they wanted to show was not power but that light always trumps the dark (hence why he used the Spirit Bomb, which was not Goku's energy but all the energy from the universe). Though I think they overplay the spirit bomb all the time.

The ending was kinda dumb, like goku just leaves all foa sudden. God dang it, he has a family....he can't just leave!

Z had to be the best series of the three but it was good to finally give some closure ot the series :D I hope someone one day makes another Dragon Ball Series. More like the adventures of Vegeta after Goku disappeared.
Who wants to see a green dude with a turban fighting dragons?

The Blazer said:
:))) :)))

You think the Guyver would be silly enough to leave them hanging outside of his armour? :21:

Atleast Goku don't need no armour! He a real man, not some wienie boy liek Guvyer. :p

Amir said:
Atleast Goku don't need no armour! He a real man, not some wienie boy liek Guvyer. :p
You really think ol' Goku would like to go toe to toe against this giant?

Guyver_Gigantic1.gif

The Blazer said:
You really think ol' Goku would like to go toe to toe against this giant?

Guyver_Gigantic1.gif

Please, more like Goku's grand daughter wants to go against that "giant" (I am using it very loosely here!). :p

Amir said:
Please, more like Goku's grand daughter wants to go against that "giant" (I am using it very loosely here!). :p
Pfft, Goku wouldn't be able to beat the Gigantic even if he you bump him up all the way up to a SS4!

The Blazer said:
Pfft, Goku wouldn't be able to beat the Gigantic even if he you bump him up all the way up to a SS4!

Goku wouldn''t need to go SSJ4. He could beat him with one finger, powered all the way down.

Sean said:
I don't get it. That's why I didn't laugh. Is it the noises they make?

Your too young to understand my lad. One day, one day. :D

I am glad you enjoyed it Uzzy (poor ole Mr. Popo!). I been thinking about something you said int he past. Like how kid Goku beat Omega Shren but SSJ4 couldnt. The thing with Kid Goku was it wasn't his power that beat them....it was the power of the spirit bomb, which is everyone elses power.

Then when he was getting shot yoou may think he should have died. But he must have been using the spirit bombs power to keep himself powered (just like he did vs Buu).

Also I agree that Trunks and Goten going Super Saiyan was stupid. MAybe Gotenks should have been able to go do it after getting his butt whooped by Buu but the manner those two did it in was disgraceful. It has to be in some sort of danger and anger state. Vegeta had a planet in choas, Goku lost his father....Goten was getting attacked by his mother!

Amir said:
Goku wouldn''t need to go SSJ4. He could beat him with one finger, powered all the way down.
Now if you did even a lil' bit of research on the Guyver then you would know that isn't true...

Amir said:
Also I agree that Trunks and Goten going Super Saiyan was stupid. MAybe Gotenks should have been able to go do it after getting his butt whooped by Buu but the manner those two did it in was disgraceful. It has to be in some sort of danger and anger state. Vegeta had a planet in choas, Goku lost his father....Goten was getting attacked by his mother!

You gotta admit though, Goten's reaction was funny. Goten's was a cool little dude, he made me laugh a few times with his goofy attitude.

And then there was Vegeta's reaction to finding out Trunks was also Super Saiyan, which itself was pretty funny.

m_sohail said:
You gotta admit though, Goten's reaction was funny. Goten's was a cool little dude, he made me laugh a few times with his goofy attitude.

And then there was Vegeta's reaction to finding out Trunks was also Super Saiyan, which itself was pretty funny.

Haha Goten was a legend, that kid should have had a full dragonaball series dedicated to him :D

Straight Bat said:
Haha Goten was a legend, that kid should have had a full dragonaball series dedicated to him :D

Agreed, they didn't utilize him properly. IT should have been him who went on the dragon ball hunt ratherthan Trunks or Pan. Though you need Trunks for his techincal expertise and Pan for the purpose of building a bond to help Goku control his golden oozaru form.

I just think Goku and Gohan had their moment in the sun. I think older Goten should have....they should have showed him marrying that stupid girl or something! :p

Amir said:
I am glad you enjoyed it Uzzy (poor ole Mr. Popo!). I been thinking about something you said int he past. Like how kid Goku beat Omega Shren but SSJ4 couldnt. The thing with Kid Goku was it wasn't his power that beat them....it was the power of the spirit bomb, which is everyone elses power.

Its not just his fight with Omega Shenron. There have been many other instances like when he impaled Super Android 17 as Kid Goku. GT just had far too much plot holes and inconsistencies to be honest.

Amir said:
Then when he was getting shot yoou may think he should have died. But he must have been using the spirit bombs power to keep himself powered (just like he did vs Buu).

Nope, the spirit bomb doesn't help him in anyway. Against Buu he asked Dende to ask the dragon to restore Goku to full power. Otherwise he was being slowly overpowered by Kid Buu.

Amir said:

I agree. It just ruined what was meant to be a legendary transformation that occurred every 1000 years. They may aswell have made Pan turn SSJ lol. But having said that i wouldn't have mind them turning SSJ once fused.

I was forced to see all sorts of cartoons with my kid. DBZ was the best in that time. I use to enjoy them too. Did not watch GT.

My favorites were thundercats, shazan, space ghost, fantastic four etc.

Uzzy said:
Nope, the spirit bomb doesn't help him in anyway. Against Buu he asked Dende to ask the dragon to restore Goku to full power. Otherwise he was being slowly overpowered by Kid Buu.
Did he? I can't remmebr but i was watching a clip on Youtube and Buu was sending the Spirit Bomb back and then I thought I heard King Kai say use the energy from the spirit bomb?

Amir said:
Did he? I can't remmebr but i was watching a clip on Youtube and Buu was sending the Spirit Bomb back and then I thought I heard King Kai say use the energy from the spirit bomb?
No, someone (i think one of the kais) told Dende to use the last wish to restore Goku's full power so he could push the spirit bomb back towards Buu.

The Blazer said:
Now if you did even a lil' bit of research on the Guyver then you would know that isn't true...

But seriously. Base Goku would beat him.

Medic said:
I started watching DBZ yesterday. I'm hooked now...
Scrap that. Watch the Bio-Boosted Armour Guyver. It has a good storyline, compared to DBZ, which is just... :21:

The Blazer said:
Scrap that. Watch the Bio-Boosted Armour Guyver. It has a good storyline, compared to DBZ, which is just... :21:

Dont forget, all those shows sprng for DBZ. DBZ was the start and classic. Plus, I don't think you know who Goku is, Guyver is human meaning he is weak...Goku is not human.

Amir said:
Dont forget, all those shows sprng for DBZ. DBZ was the start and classic. Plus, I don't think you know who Goku is, Guyver is human meaning he is weak...Goku is not human.
Guyver isn't a human either though. :27:

The Blazer said:
Do you know who the Guyver is?

Yes i know who Guyver is although i can't say I've read the manga fully. Having said that there are not many anime\manga characters that are stronger than the guys from the DBZ universe.

The few exceptions would be Dark Schneider, maybe a few Saint Seya characters.

If you can atleast give reasons why you think Goku cannot beat Guyver then I'll try to refute it.

Uzzy said:
Yes i know who Guyver is although i can't say I've read the manga fully. Having said that there are not many anime\manga characters that are stronger than the guys from the DBZ universe.

The few exceptions would be Dark Schneider, maybe a few Saint Seya characters.

If you can atleast give reasons why you think Goku cannot beat Guyver then I'll try to refute it.
This may interest you :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcU0X2ZyWsA

Uzzy said:
So it seems the closest Guyver can come to defeating a Z warrior is by video editing :))
If you really do want the details:

The Guyver Armor can take over 3000 degrees of heat of Darzerb's Napalm breath, , which is hot enough to both melt and start to evaporate steel.

Even the head beam only produces a small scorch mark and it can slice through steel with relative ease.

However High Explosives like Gastor Missiles can cause damage, such as blowing off the Guyver's swords, though only while they are not active. So the Guyver is not indestructable.

Rough guess estimates have indicated the Guyver armor is about 20 times stronger than steel, and observations from the anime have shown it has some impact absorbing properties judging by how the bullets where stopped and fell to the ground instead of bouncing off.

As a device originally intended for space travel and adapting to alien environments it can withstand incredible pressure changes and even allow the host to breath underwater.

Goku can't mess with that sizzle.

The Blazer said:
If you really do want the details:

The Blazer said:
The Guyver Armor can take over 3000 degrees of heat of Darzerb's Napalm breath, , which is hot enough to both melt and start to evaporate steel.

Goku has taken Island and planet destroying blasts face on most of the time and has come out pretty much unscathed. The heat of an Ki explosion or powerful attacks such as the Kamehameha and Final Flash would be >3000 degrees. Not to mention Goku at one time was submerged under hot molten lava on Planet Namek for a good few minutes and continued on fighting. Then theres Cooler being blasted directly towards the Sun and SURVIVING.

The Blazer said:
Even the head beam only produces a small scorch mark and it can slice through steel with relative ease.

Trunk's sword can slice through steel IIRC yet couldn't damage Goku's finger!

The Blazer said:
However High Explosives like Gastor Missiles can cause damage, such as blowing off the Guyver's swords, though only while they are not active. So the Guyver is not indestructable.

So it shouldn't be tough for Goku then. I'm sure a Kamehameha will be enough. Remember Goku has the power to wreck and destroy planets for fun if he wanted with just energy attacks.

The Blazer said:
Rough guess estimates have indicated the Guyver armor is about 20 times stronger than steel, and observations from the anime have shown it has some impact absorbing properties judging by how the bullets where stopped and fell to the ground instead of bouncing off.

Goku as a kid in DB was stronger than steel, nothing special there. At the time he didn't have the fancy powers or flying you see in DBZ yet could single handedly destroy steel. Bullets have zero impact on him aswell as we were shown when he was riddled with machine gun bullets as a kid. And I'm sure Guyver can't absorb planet destroying impacts.

The Blazer said:
As a device originally intended for space travel and adapting to alien environments it can withstand incredible pressure changes and even allow the host to breath underwater.

Although Goku can't breath underwater he has shown he has endurance when it comes to it. While fighting Frieza he thought up of a plan to catch him off guard and launched 2 Kamehama's while submerged. Though Guyver has the advantage of flying in space.

The Blazer said:
Goku can't mess with that sizzle.

Guyver might give Goku from Dragonball a bit of a hard time but anything from Saiyan Saga and onwards Goku is just too powerful. Heck Krillin shouldn't have much of a hard time.

Last edited:
Uzzy said:
Goku has taken Island and planet destroying blasts face on most of the time and has come out pretty much unscathed. The heat of an Ki explosion or powerful attacks such as the Kamehameha and Final Flash would be >3000 degrees. Not to mention Goku at one time was submerged under hot molten lava on Planet Namek for a good few minutes and continued on fighting. Then theres Cooler being blasted directly towards the Sun and SURVIVING.
Alright, so Goku may be made of tougher stuff than the Guyver.

Uzzy said:
Trunk's sword can slice through steel IIRC yet couldn't damage Goku's finger!
Guyver is equipped with High Frequency Swords. These vibrate at such a high frequency that they can cut through anything made up of a molecular structure. I'm guessing that includes Goku?

Uzzy said:
Goku as a kid in DB was stronger than steel, nothing special there. At the time he didn't have the fancy powers or flying you see in DBZ yet could single handedly destroy steel. Bullets have zero impact on him aswell as we were shown when he was riddled with machine gun bullets as a kid. And I'm sure Guyver can't absorb planet destroying impacts.
Depends on if you're talking about the normal Guyver or the Gigantic. The Gigantic's armour can easily withstand a Zoalord's attacks- It's like having twenty battleships dropped on your head.

Uzzy said:
Guyver might give Goku from Dragonball a bit of a hard time but anything from Saiyan Saga and onwards Goku is just too powerful. Heck Krillin shouldn't have much of a hard time.
Not if Guyver equips the Gigantic armour. I'm sure the fight would be taken to another level if the Gigantic Dark took on Goku.

The Blazer said:
Guyver is equipped with High Frequency Swords. These vibrate at such a high frequency that they can cut through anything made up of a molecular structure. I'm guessing that includes Goku?

Well that depends. Seeing as Goku is as durable as a planet if not more so would it really affect Goku or would he just shrug it off? I'll go out on a limb and say Goku would shrug it off.

The Blazer said:
Depends on if you're talking about the normal Guyver or the Gigantic. The Gigantic's armour can easily withstand a Zoalord's attacks- It's like having twenty battleships dropped on your head.

Planet\Galaxy Destroying blasts > 20 battleships dropped on your head.

The Blazer said:
Not if Guyver equips the Gigantic armour. I'm sure the fight would be taken to another level if the Gigantic Dark took on Goku.

Even so, Saiyan-Namek Saga Goku should be more than enough. If anything he would have a hard time catching up to Goku. On Snake Way in the other dimension, Goku was traveling at several times the speed of sound. I read somewhere, (I'll post it if i can find it) he was travelling around 20,000 mph or something insanely similar. This is just Saiyan Saga Goku mind you. Goku could leave after images of himself even as a kid. Obviously he becomes faster and stronger as the series progress.

I'm not demeaning Guyver or anything, he is powerful I'll admit that but you have powerful and then you have ridiculously powerful which Goku is. Like i said in my previous posts. There are very few anime/manga characters that can actually beat Goku unless their Dark Schneider.

Last edited:
Uzzy said:
Well that depends. Seeing as Goku is as durable as a planet if not more so would it really affect Goku or would he just shrug it off? I'll go out on a limb and say Goku would shrug it off.
High Frequency Swords= Cut through anything made up of a molecular structure- That includes Goku, no matter how strong he is.

Uzzy said:
Even so, Saiyan-Namek Saga Goku should be more than enough. If anything he would have a hard time catching up to Goku. On Snake Way in the other dimension, Goku was traveling at several times the speed of sound. I read somewhere, (I'll post it if i can find it) he was travelling around 20,000 mph or something insanely similar. This is just Saiyan Saga Goku mind you. Goku could leave after images of himself even as a kid. Obviously he becomes faster and stronger as the series progress.
The Guyver has the ability to travel through space, i.e. can easily break the sound barrier. Surely that makes it faster than Goku?

Uzzy said:
I'm not demeaning Guyver or anything, he is powerful I'll admit that but you have powerful and then you have ridiculously powerful which Goku is. Like i said in my previous posts. There are very few anime/manga characters that can actually beat Goku unless their Dark Schneider.
Ye course I know. I'm quite enjoying this actually.

Does anyone remember the Gundam Wing series? Uzzy do you know where I can watch some of those ?

The Blazer said:
High Frequency Swords= Cut through anything made up of a molecular structure- That includes Goku, no matter how strong he is.

Well we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. The closest scenario we've seen in DBZ is when Trunks as a SSJ with all his force could not cut through Goku's finger, yet with the same sword effortlessly cut Frieza into millions of pieces.

Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5rVBQmjhk4&mode=related&search=

The Blazer said:
The Guyver has the ability to travel through space, i.e. can easily break the sound barrier. Surely that makes it faster than Goku?

Saiyan Saga Goku travels at several times the speed of sound. His punches produce sonic booms. Even in the video above you could see small sonic booms as Goku was defending with just his finger. Then as the series progressed he became even faster to the point where he can INSTANTANEOUSLY teleport to anywhere in the universe providing he can lock onto the users energy force. Gotenks another character was stated to have traveled the Earth several times in the space of a few minutes and he was only having fun.

Guyver is seriously lacking in speed. You can't hurt what you can't see.

The Blazer said:
Ye course I know. I'm quite enjoying this actually.

Likewise :D

Uzzy said:
Well we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. The closest scenario we've seen in DBZ is when Trunks as a SSJ with all his force could not cut through Goku's finger, yet with the same sword effortlessly cut Frieza into millions of pieces.

Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5rVBQmjhk4&mode=related&search=
High-Frequency Swords vibrate at a specific frequency to match the target, ensuring a perfect cut. Goku's toughness wouldn't come into this situation; it simply isn't a factor- The blades would tear through his molecular structure (he is a carbon based form, isn't he?).

Uzzy said:
Saiyan Saga Goku travels at several times the speed of sound. His punches produce sonic booms. Even in the video above you could see small sonic booms as Goku was defending with just his finger. Then as the series progressed he became even faster to the point where he can INSTANTANEOUSLY teleport to anywhere in the universe providing he can lock onto the users energy force. Gotenks another character was stated to have traveled the Earth several times in the space of a few minutes and he was only having fun.

Guyver is seriously lacking in speed. You can't hurt what you can't see.
That's physically impossible. For a carbon based creature, anything over the speed of light would be impossible, regardless of whether they are human or not. Transporting from one side of the universe to another would require the use of a wormhole (as per Einstein's studies, space is curved and the only way to transport yourself millions of light years almost simultaneously would only be possible through something akin to a wormhole).

The Blazer said:
High-Frequency Swords vibrate at a specific frequency to match the target, ensuring a perfect cut. Goku's toughness wouldn't come into this situation; it simply isn't a factor- The blades would tear through his molecular structure (he is a carbon based form, isn't he?).

Well i still don't agree based on what I've seen Goku shrug off but if all else fails Goku always has Sensu Beans. Then theres Goku's speed. Guyver would have a hard time keeping up let alone swiping him. Goku still has the advantage. Can these swords be destroyed? If yes, then Goku just needs to get rid of them.

The Blazer said:
That's physically impossible. For a carbon based creature, anything over the speed of light would be impossible, regardless of whether they are human or not. Transporting from one side of the universe to another would require the use of a wormhole (as per Einstein's studies, space is curved and the only way to transport yourself millions of light years almost simultaneously would only be possible through something akin to a wormhole).

Its not impossible as he has performed this feat on numerous occasions. When he first demonstrated Instant Transmission to Krillin, he traveled thousands of miles to Roshi's Island picked up his sun glasses and traveled back. Then theres the time when he teleported himself and Cell to the next dimension (or heaven) from Earth instantaneously. Einstein's theory means jack **** in the DBZ universe as Goku is perceived to have God-like powers.

Amir said:
Does anyone remember the Gundam Wing series? Uzzy do you know where I can watch some of those ?
Uzzy?

Uzzy said:
Well i still don't agree based on what I've seen Goku shrug off but if all else fails Goku always has Sensu Beans. Then theres Goku's speed. Guyver would have a hard time keeping up let alone swiping him. Goku still has the advantage. Can these swords be destroyed? If yes, then Goku just needs to get rid of them.
They can be destroyed, but both the Guyver and the Gigantic have the ability to regenerate them. The Gigantic also has the option of hurling them at his opponent, but with Goku's speed it wouldn't be much use unless he was caught unawares.

Speaking of being caught unawares, this is also the perfect time for the Gigantic to use his Giga Smasher. Goku would probably be able to survive this but it'll leave him a bit dazed. :D

016.jpg

The Blazer said:
They can be destroyed, but both the Guyver and the Gigantic have the ability to regenerate them. The Gigantic also has the option of hurling them at his opponent, but with Goku's speed it wouldn't be much use unless he was caught unawares.

Regeneration? Similar to Cell and Majin Buu then as they always regenerated making them practically indestructible. Though with enough power concentrated in one blast Gohan defeated Cell by vaporising his molecular and cell structure into nothingness. I see no reason for Goku to do the same to Guyver's sword.

The Blazer said:
Speaking of being caught unawares, this is also the perfect time for the Gigantic to use his Giga Smasher. Goku would probably be able to survive this but it'll leave him a bit dazed. :D

What does the Giga Smasher entail? i.e powers? Effect?

The Blazer said:

Let me guess? Bosoms of doom? :p

Uzzy said:
Regeneration? Similar to Cell and Majin Buu then as they always regenerated making them practically indestructible. Though with enough power concentrated in one blast Gohan defeated Cell by vaporising his molecular and cell structure into nothingness. I see no reason for Goku to do the same to Guyver's sword.
The Guyver will regenerate itself in minutes. Depending on the energy reserves, even a lost limb or a critically damaged brain will be restored without any long-term consequences. The control medal saves all the host's memories. The Guyver does not even appear to need raw material to regenerate its body; even when only the control medal was left of Guyver One, his entire body was regenerated in a matter of hours.

Uzzy said:
What does the Giga Smasher entail? i.e powers? Effect?
The Guyver's deadliest weapon is the Mega Smasher (or the Giga Smasher for the Gigantic). The blast, when released, accelerates all particles in its path to almost light speed. The lenses themselves actually only project energy; the material destructive effect is caused by a relatively faint blast of particles, which however move at such gigantic speed they tear anything and everything apart at a subatomic level. Literally nothing made of matter can survive this effect. Typically, a full-power blast reduces everything in a fifteen foot wide, one-mile long shaft to ions. Lower power settings are also possible (and indeed necessary).

A Giga Smasher is about 50 times stronger than a Mega Smasher.

Uzzy said:
Let me guess? Bosoms of doom? :p
I knew you were going to say something like that! :)))

The Blazer said:
The Guyver will regenerate itself in minutes. Depending on the energy reserves, even a lost limb or a critically damaged brain will be restored without any long-term consequences. The control medal saves all the host's memories. The Guyver does not even appear to need raw material to regenerate its body; even when only the control medal was left of Guyver One, his entire body was regenerated in a matter of hours.

Did a bit of reading and according to Wiki, The Guyuver can regenerate providing its control metal is intact. If Goku can damage it with a Kamehameha or destroy it, the host will be eaten alive and the unit perishes. Even if it does regenerate, according to you it can take anything from a few minutes to a matter of hours. Goku would capitalise on this weakness.

The Blazer said:
The Guyver's deadliest weapon is the Mega Smasher (or the Giga Smasher for the Gigantic). The blast, when released, accelerates all particles in its path to almost light speed. The lenses themselves actually only project energy; the material destructive effect is caused by a relatively faint blast of particles, which however move at such gigantic speed they tear anything and everything apart at a subatomic level. Literally nothing made of matter can survive this effect. Typically, a full-power blast reduces everything in a fifteen foot wide, one-mile long shaft to ions. Lower power settings are also possible (and indeed necessary).

Goku from Dragonball would probably struggle with this. Saiyan Saga and onwards Goku has shown to shrug off energy attacks more powerful. Energy attacks that would vaporise an island or destroy planets/Solar System is an everyday occurrence in DBZ. Frieza survived the destruction of Planet Namek and needed a few robotic enhancements after, this alone shows that the characters are more durable than a planet.

I like to point out that in my arguments I'm only using Base Goku and none of the SSJ transformation as that would be unfair.

Uzzy said:
Did a bit of reading and according to Wiki, The Guyuver can regenerate providing its control metal is intact. If Goku can damage it with a Kamehameha or destroy it, the host will be eaten alive and the unit perishes. Even if it does regenerate, according to you it can take anything from a few minutes to a matter of hours. Goku would capitalise on this weakness.
Amount of time taken to regenerate depends on what the Guyver has actually lost. A serious wound or a lost arm would be back in minutes, whereas if the control metal was ripped out, then the whole body would take a few hours to regenerate (that is if Goku was nice enough to not destroy the control metal as well).

Uzzy said:
I like to point out that in my arguments I'm only using Base Goku and none of the SSJ transformation as that would be unfair.
Good man. Means that I can leave the Gigantic out of the comparison. :)

The Blazer said:
Yeah, that'll work... :30:

Actually it most likely will.

He killed Super Android 17 and Li Shenron the strongest villain in the known DBGT universe as a kid when a SSJ4 Goku and Vegeta didn't work.

The Blazer said:
Are you sure? A blast from a Gigantic's Giga Smashers do the same damage as a nuke...

Sorry if I'm starting to sound repetitive but i guess i have no choice :p.

Island destroying blasts, planet destroying blasts are an everyday occurrence in DBZ. Attacks which they have deflected or shrugged off. What could a nuke possibly do to any of the characters from DBZ let alone Goku apart from tickle them.

Last edited:
Uzzy said:
Actually it most likely will.

He killed Super Android 17 and Li Shenron the strongest villain in the known DBGT universe as a kid when a SSJ4 Goku and Vegeta didn't work.
How the heck does that work out? :20:

Uzzy said:
Sorry if I'm starting to sound repetitive but i guess i have no choice :p.

Island destroying blasts, planet destroying blasts are an everyday occurrence in DBZ. Attacks which they have deflected or shrugged off. What could a nuke possibly do to any of the characters from DBZ let alone Goku apart from tickle them.
So base Goku could survive planet destroying blasts? :O

The Blazer said:
How the heck does that work out? :20:

Plot holes i guess and the spirit bomb. Though at the end of GT Goku became immortal and fused with the Dragonballs which could grant any wish thus becoming the strongest character of the DB\Z\GT universe.

Uzzy said:
Plot holes i guess and the spirit bomb. Though at the end of GT Goku became immortal and fused with the Dragonballs which could grant any wish thus becoming the strongest character of the DB\Z\GT universe.

The end of the last GT episode was plain stupid.

You had Goku Jr. facing Vegeta Jr., and they both turn Super Saiyan, Vegeta Jr. remarks: "So you can turn your hair blond too"...

At least when Trunks and Goten became Super Saiyan, they knew what it was. Having the descendants of Goku and Vegeta referring to the transformation as "turning your hair blond" was pathetic.

The Blazer said:
So base Goku could survive planet destroying blasts? :O

It depends on how much energy was concentrated in the blast as even a small blast could destroy a planet yet wouldn't kill Goku. Though if the blast is too powerful which may kill him, he'll simply deflect it into space.

m_sohail said:
The end of the last GT episode was plain stupid.

You had Goku Jr. facing Vegeta Jr., and they both turn Super Saiyan, Vegeta Jr. remarks: "So you can turn your hair blond too"...

At least when Trunks and Goten became Super Saiyan, they knew what it was. Having the descendants of Goku and Vegeta referring to the transformation as "turning your hair blond" was pathetic.

Technically they shouldn't be able to turn into a SSJ. If Pan couldn't and she was quarter Saiyan or something like that then Goku Jnr and Vegeta Jnr should have had no chance.

Uzzy said:
Oooooooh, plot holes. Guyver doesn't have any plot holes. :D

The Blazer said:
Oooooooh, plot holes. Guyver doesn't have any plot holes. :D

Yeah thats why i didn't like Dragonball GT much. Though plot holes or no plot holes Guyver would have an almost impossible task of beating Goku from Saiyan saga let alone anyone from GT!

Uzzy said:
Yeah thats why i didn't like Dragonball GT much. Though plot holes or no plot holes Guyver would have an almost impossible task of beating Goku from Saiyan saga let alone anyone from GT!
Thing is though, the Guyver follows the laws of physics and his bio-boosted abilities can be explained through science, whereas as Goku's clearly can't.

The Blazer said:
Thing is though, the Guyver follows the laws of physics and his bio-boosted abilities can be explained through science, whereas as Goku's clearly can't.

Well when Goku has god-like powers, laws of physics simply don't matter to him. Saiyans are more or less aliens far exceeding humans in just about everything. Goku's abilities haven't just come about from nowhere but through intense and years of training. He's trained in several G's and later on upto 400G's. He literally has unlimited potential thus becoming stronger everytime.

I think the fact that Guyver has to follow the laws of physics:

Goku>Guyver

Uzzy said:
Well when Goku has god-like powers, laws of physics simply don't matter to him. Saiyans are more or less aliens far exceeding humans in just about everything. Goku's abilities haven't just come about from nowhere but through intense and years of training. He's trained in several G's and later on upto 400G's. He literally has unlimited potential thus becoming stronger everytime.

I think the fact that Guyver has to follow the laws of physics:

Goku>Guyver
The Guyver suits are also alien, as I have mentioned before. Yet they can follow science, whereas Goku has to be given far-fetched powers that can't be explained. :p

As for your claim that because Guyver actually manages to follow the laws of physics makes him lesser than Goku.... :))) :)))

The Blazer said:
The Guyver suits are also alien, as I have mentioned before. Yet they can follow science, whereas Goku has to be given far-fetched powers that can't be explained. :p

As for your claim that because Guyver actually manages to follow the laws of physics makes him lesser than Goku.... :))) :)))

Wrong, they can and have been explained. Goku is not human, he is a Saiyan...that is where he draws his power from.

The Blazer said:

Goku's abilities have been explained aswell. Buts it not Goku's fault that he is so powerful. Take a look at Marvel and DC comics. Laws of physics is a play thing for them also and have ridiculous powers far exceeding Goku's. Not every show needs to take a scientific approach. Guyver and DBZ are both different brands of shows.

The Blazer said:

Goku is so uber he doesn't need physics :)) :p

But seriously, Goku isn't a normal being, he has demonstrated ridiculous feats, though like i said they haven't come by to him so suddenly. He has trained years under different conditions, gravitational pressure, weights etc. This is what makes him so powerful and add to the fact that he is a SAIYAN.

Last edited:
Uzzy, to settle this once and for all, why don't we pit Guyver against Goku on Mugen? Then we'll know for sure who the top dog is. :16:

The Blazer said:
Uzzy, to settle this once and for all, why don't we pit Guyver against Goku on Mugen? Then we'll know for sure who the top dog is. :16:

Be my guest :D

I know who will come out on top :p

Back