Educational backgrounds of Pakistani cricketers

thekhan

Tape Ball Star
Runs
Misbah lone post graduate in Pakistan cricket team

Staff Report

ISLAMABAD: Middle-order batsman Misbahul Haq is the lone post graduate in the Pakistan cricket team. The federal sports ministry has informed the National Assembly that Misbah has a masters degree in business administration. The team has six players who have cleared their intermediate examination, an equal number of matriculates and one player who has cleared his class five examination. Fawad Aalam has a bachelors degree in commerce while Abdur Razaq, Abdur Rehman, Muhammad Sami, Muhammad Hafeez, Salman Butt and Shahid Afridi have cleared their intermediate exam. Umar Akmal, Saeed Ajmal, Mohammad Asif, Muhammad Aamir, Khalid Latif and Kamran Akmal are matriculates while Hamad Azam has cleared his class 5 exam.

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2010\05\15\story_15-5-2010_pg2_4

Can you plz tell what does intermediate, matriculates mean??

I am from England so am not sure.

H Azam passed his class 5 exam- lol- that is so funny and illustrates of why the players get into so much controversys! However, we cant blame them because of the education system in Pakistan.

Last edited:
Haroom said:
Can you plz tell what does intermediate, matriculates mean??

I am from England so am not sure.

H Azam passed his class 5 exam- lol- that is so funny and illustrates of why the players get into so much controversys! However, we cant blame them because of the education system in Pakistan.

Matric = Class/Grade 9 & 10 = High School

Intermediate = Class/Grade 11 & 12 = College in Pakistan for pre-engineering, pre-medical, pre-commerce, pre-arts' bachelor's programs/ these grades/classes are only considered high school in north america. Not college.

The team has six players who have cleared their intermediate examination, an equal number of matriculates and one player who has cleared his class five examination. Fawad Aalam has a bachelors degree in commerce while Abdur Razaq, Abdur Rehman, Muhammad Sami, Muhammad Hafeez, Salman Butt and Shahid Afridi have cleared their intermediate exam

Majority of them have made other candidates to sit for their exams. They did not even purchase a single book to read, forget about passing the exam.

Fawad Alam has bachelor degree? That's a news for me, I hope he knows that he has this degree!!

Education is a problem and its not just with the cricket team - its the entire nation. There is no emphasis put on education and those that do want to be educated can't afford it.

I am not sure how this problem can be rectified but its a concern. Obviously - I don't think everyone needs to go out and achieve an MBA like Misbah but certainly some form of higher level education is good.

Having said that - if a person is talented in cricket then education should not be an obstacle. What should happen is that these lads should be sent through a separate education curriculum supported by the PCB and its academies. I am not sure if they already do this, I am sure someone has an answer for me?

not from the current lot but according to Hamid Mir, Imran sahab has a double PhD in cricket :))

Ahmed Zulfiqar said:
not from the current lot but according to Hamid Mir, Imran sahab has a double PhD in cricket :))

haha brother- I seen that interview. You do no that Imran Khan is an Oxford graduate. Am sure, You do

Haroom said:
haha brother- I seen that interview. You do no that Imran Khan is an Oxford graduate. Am sure, You do

of course I know that mate, was just hilarious when Hamid Mir said that though...Khan sahab was also quite amused :p

Salman butt has the same level of education as Afridi, Razzaq and sami, now I'm really worried

Down2Earth said:
Salman butt has the same level of education as Afridi, Razzaq and sami, now I'm really worried
Salman Butt went to a relativley posh private school rest are probably from negelcted govt schools.

Apparently, Kamran Akmal went to Beaconhouse - LOL but he can hardly string two sentences of English together.

Attempt to spice the thread up a bit- a few educated players from other countrys. I can not believe some of the names and their education.

kumara sangakarra-lawyer (am also doing law) :akhtar

anil kumble- software engineer (wow)

rudi van vurren(namibia cricketer) ...- surgeon (WOW..a doctor..and he represents his country in the rugby world cup also..lol)

stephen fleming-teacher(i think he is a masters in arts and was a teacher in some college)

flethcer - banker(has a bachelors in commerce and also a degree in mass media

We all know about King Khan

Atherton read History at Downing College, Cambridge

Nasser Hussain read Natural Sciences at Durham University.

These people are surely inspiring!

Last edited:
But what really you need for??? As a cricketer as it necessary to be Graduate or Post Grad...Just for Five minutes interview...I think if you are good bowler or Batsman of strong fielder...and you can excel you abilities well in the cricket...you don't necessarily need degrees...cricket is sports and you need skills rather than degrees... all this rubbish...I don't believe in this and if you want be post grad than what you are going to read...I have a cousin and he is weakest in education but he is such a fantastic bowler...I don't think he need any degree...Come on guys Misbah is master but he 37 and is still playing cricket and he is not performing because he spent most of his energies on Ed rather than sports...I still remember my school time and those guys who used to be very good in sports like Cricket, Hockey and Volley ball....those used to fail and used to get admission on their sporting abilities in colleges or uni...

Haroom said:
Attempt to spice the thread up a bit- a few educated players from other countrys. I can not believe some of the names and their education.

rudi van vurren(namibia cricketer) ...- surgeon (WOW..a doctor..and he represents his country in the rugby world cup also..lol)

stephen fleming-teacher(i think he is a masters in arts and was a teacher in some college)

Did Atherton ever complete his degree at Cambridge?

Mr S Khan said:
But what really you need for??? As a cricketer as it necessary to be Graduate or Post Grad...Just for Five minutes interview...I think if you are good bowler or Batsman of strong fielder...and you can excel you abilities well in the cricket...you don't necessarily need degrees...cricket is sports and you need skills rather than degrees... all this rubbish...I don't believe in this and if you want be post grad than what you are going to read...I have a cousin and he is weakest in education but he is such a fantastic bowler...I don't think he need any degree...Come on guys Misbah is master but he 37 and is still playing cricket and he is not performing because he spent most of his energies on Ed rather than sports...I still remember my school time and those guys who used to be very good in sports like Cricket, Hockey and Volley ball....those used to fail and used to get admission on their sporting abilities in colleges or uni...

Being an educated player, you can take your game to next level. Take an example of Imran Khan, when he came to international cricket, he was just ordinary player, since he was highly educated and smart, he quickly learn and adopt the game and made himself into superstar.

On the other hand, there are so many cricketers when burst into international cricket, were more talented than Imran Khan, , they were superstar from the beginning but eventually fall behind and fade away, because they could not understand the complexities and dynamic of the game.

Sports is not an art anymore, it has become a science and if you are not educated, you will always fall behind to those who are educated and smart.

Sledger said:
Apparently, Kamran Akmal went to Beaconhouse - LOL but he can hardly string two sentences of English together.

Where is Kamran Akmal from? Lahore right? Well the Beaconhouse in Lahore is supposed to be crap. Whereas it's supposed to be really really good in Islamabad.

Well, you dont need an educational background to play in cricket. But education is extremely important in terms of personality building, especially if you dont have a good upbringing. Someone like Sachin is a 10th std fail, but you wouldnt find a more dignified, well respected role model in the world of cricket.

The same thing however, couldnt be said many Pakistani cricketers. Their rustic upbringing makes it presence felt every once in a while, not just on the field, but off it. You have someone like Intikhab Alam make comments like 'I dont what difference a fielding coach will make..' That obviously shows an extremely unscientific approach to the way they play their conduct, which is probably why Pakistan seem to collapse more than any other team - their lack of proper grooming seem to make them mentally weak and meek.

But more importantly, it is off the field where the lack of a proper upbringing embarrasses Pakistanis the most. There is no other team in the history of the sport that has a worse disciplinary record than Pakistan - Ball Tampering, pitch tampering, match fixing, physically assaulting spectators, assaulting team-mates, public affairs with film stars, relationship with bookies and other shady characters, team infighting and groupism, drug abuse, back-biting, substance abuse, back door rules evasion - you name it, Pakistan has it.

Hopefully, the next generation of Pakistani cricketers have a better upbringing so that they do their nation proud not just on the field, but off it.

Haroom said:

I know abt a few indian players

Srinath is a civil engineer

Dravid a commerce graduate

Ganguly Commerce graduate fron St.Xaviers....Indias finest commerce school

Laxman: Medical college drop out

Dave Richardson:lawyer

s2k said:

Thank you brother- for the information.

No way Razzaq is baarvin pass.He has been playing in Eng for years and baarvin pass should've given him something to work on.I will never forget " captain told me Kay tu go and play normal.

Post #20 .
Tendulkar and Dravid Ball tampering.
Azhar Parbarker and Jadeja Match fixing.
Harbajhan Race row slapping a team mate.
Stones and glass houses.

saeed-sohail said:
Post #20 .
Stones and glass houses.

People living in glass houses shouldnt throw stones at others

Coming from a Pakistani. :akhtar

shane said:
Did Atherton ever complete his degree at Cambridge?
Yes. A 2:1 in History if memory serves (from his autobiography).
Daytripped said:
Where is Kamran Akmal from? Lahore right? Well the Beaconhouse in Lahore is supposed to be crap. Whereas it's supposed to be really really good in Islamabad.
I don't know. Quite a few of my family went to the Islamabad one and it's very good but surely its a school system and there should be very little differentiation across the board? Also, I'm not saying it's bad for Akmal not to know English, but I thought it was meant to be an English medium set up.

saeed-sohail said:
No way Razzaq is baarvin pass.He has been playing in Eng for years and baarvin pass should've given him something to work on.I will never forget " captain told me Kay tu go and play normal.
:)))

thekhan said:
The team has six players who have cleared their intermediate examination, an equal number of matriculates and one player who has cleared his class five examination.
The situation was not that bad before. For example Saeed Anwar was a computer engineer, Rashid Latif was a civil engineer, Rammez Raja has an MBA.
The current lot though I think is worst ever in terms of eduction. Even a guy like Salman Butt has not gone to university. No wonder they are always in a mess.

saeed-sohail said:
Post #20 .
Stones and glass houses.

Not even close.

Controversies happen to all players of all continents, but NO ONE can match the Pakistanis prolific love crossing the moral and ethical line, both on the field and off it.

If you're going to deny this FACT, either you are being accidentally ignorant or deliberately partisan. I am not going to waste any more of my time with you deliberating this.

And part of the problem is, of course, the relative lack of a reasonable grooming in many of the Pakistani cricketers lives. When you have someone like Sohail Tanvir say things like 'All Hindus are like this..', it clearly shows a deep rooted hatred for people of other religion that could have only come about due to a lack of a formal education.

But the point remains, are there players of other countries who exhibit such tendencies? Of course yes.. But is this sort of behavior more prevalent among pakistanis? Slam-Dunk HELL YEA!

rhapsodite said:
Not even close.

Controversies happen to all players of all continents, but NO ONE can match the Pakistanis prolific love crossing the moral and ethical line, both on the field and off it.

If you're going to deny this FACT, either you are being accidentally ignorant or deliberately partisan. I am not going to waste any more of my time with you deliberating this.

And part of the problem is, of course, the relative lack of a reasonable grooming in many of the Pakistani cricketers lives. When you have someone like Sohail Tanvir say things like 'All Hindus are like this..', it clearly shows a deep rooted hatred for people of other religion that could have only come about due to a lack of a formal education.

But the point remains, are there players of other countries who exhibit such tendencies? Of course yes.. But is this sort of behavior more prevalent among pakistanis? Slam-Dunk HELL YEA!
I have never denied that lack of education is a problem but dont lecture us on how we are the only ones getting ourselves in these controversies when facts show you guys are not far behind.

saeed-sohail said:
Post #20 .
Stones and glass houses.
:14: :14: :))) :)))

PCB should have put players like Wasim, Waqar, Akthar etc through some form of higher education to set a standard for the next generation of cricketers. Imran Khan, i feel let down Pakistan cricket in this area as he was a perfect example of someone who could have driven the issue home.

Last edited:
Haroom said:

Ramiz Raja holds a degree in Master of Business Administration

Wasim raja has a degree in Political science and education and has taught Math in Caterham School(got this info from wiki)

saeed-sohail said:
I have never denied that lack of education is a problem but dont lecture us on how we are the only ones getting ourselves in these controversies when facts show you guys are not far behind.

As I said, you guys are far more significantly ahead of the competition than you seem to realize.

Obviously, your green-tinted blinkers are preventing you from seeing the obvious. Not my problem.

s2k said:

And Krish Srikanth was an IIT Madras graduate.He surely not showing that brain in selecting players :(

rhapsodite said:
Not even close.

IF you visit ICF you see many anti religon(especially Islam) threads does that mean people on ICF are all jahil and uneducated?

Xoib said:
IF you visit ICF you see many anti religon(especially Islam) threads does that mean people on ICF are all jahil and uneducated?

A formal education does not guarantee wisdom and a open-minded outlook to the world. However, it does increase the chances of that happening significantly. You will see all types of people everywhere. The question isnt that though, the question is - Who is more likely to be morally misguided and harbor all kinds of ill-feelings towards other people? Educated or the uneducated?

As I pointed out, Sachin is probably the least educated among all Indian cricketers, but that still has not prevented him from being the most dignified and respected cricketers in the world.

rhapsodite said:
A formal education does not guarantee wisdom and a open-minded outlook to the world. However, it does increase the chances of that happening significantly. You will see all types of people everywhere. The question isnt that though, the question is - Who is more likely to be morally misguided and harbor all kinds of ill-feelings towards other people? Educated or the uneducated?

As I pointed out, Sachin is probably the least educated among all Indian cricketers, but that still has not prevented him from being the most dignified and respected cricketers in the world.
haha brother you are confused first you label Pakistani players as controversial since most of them are jahil then you point out Sachin who despite being uneducated is still a role model.

Basically you are admitting yourself that education alone does not mean that a person will have greater wisdom and open mindedness but then start calling Pakistani cricketers ignorant because they are uneducated.

As for morals they vary from society to society and being educated does not mean you you will be morally good you may be morally acceptable in your society but that does not mean you are morally good.What great morals were shown by the highly educated bankers that led to the worst financial crises ever.

Xoib said:
haha brother you are confused first you label Pakistani players as controversial since most of them are jahil then you point out Sachin who despite being uneducated is still a role model.

Basically you are admitting yourself that education alone does not mean that a person will have greater wisdom and open mindedness but then start calling Pakistani cricketers ignorant because they are uneducated.

As for morals they vary from society to society and being educated does not mean you you will be morally good you may be morally acceptable in your society but that does not mean you are morally good.What great morals were shown by the highly educated bankers that led to the worst financial crises ever.

I think you should consider reading carefully making conclusions that are not quite there.

There's no confusion in what I've said, the confusion is only in your mind.

The Pakistani team in the 80s were generally more educated than the current team. But does education make a difference on the field ?? Probably not that much, but I think does help on the mental sides of the game, as well as there being more discipline in the team.

I would rather have a matriculate Sachin who can have his feet on the ground and head at the right place after success rather than a post graduate who isn't either can't perform or goes out of his mind after success

Beaconhouse is a pretty good school actually.

Ahmed Zulfiqar said:
Beaconhouse is a pretty good school actually.
LOL! Exactly - its funny how some posters who don't live in Pak and don't even know where the school is located can now be experts on Pakistani educational establishments!

I haven't studied at Beaconhouse, but many of my friends did, in Lahore and a few in other cities too. I am pretty sure Kami didn't go to Beaconhouse - and if he did, he probably lasted the grand total of three days and was then kicked out for being an imbecile :)

For those who're confused - the school actually started in Lahore way back in the early 1980s, when the main (only?) branch was on Gulberg Main Boulevard... right next door to the Esena main branch and down the road from LGS :p

ShehryarK said:
LOL! Exactly - its funny how some posters who don't live in Pak and don't even know where the school is located can now be experts on Pakistani educational establishments!

I haven't studied at Beaconhouse, but many of my friends did, in Lahore and a few in other cities too. I am pretty sure Kami didn't go to Beaconhouse - and if he did, he probably lasted the grand total of three days and was then kicked out for being an imbecile :)

For those who're confused - the school actually started in Lahore way back in the early 1980s, when the main (only?) branch was on Gulberg Main Boulevard... right next door to the Esena main branch and down the road from LGS :p

oye hoyyyyeee LGS Defence ki bachiyaaaaaaaan :))

Having met most of the Pakistani players in Bangalore during the 2007 test match, I must say Salman Butt comes out as the friendliest guy you can ever meet. Even Misbah wasn't bad. His grasp of some of the minute business related topics is absolutely amazing. he must have been a very bright student and in the top 10-20% of his class.

Younis Khan too came across as a perfect gentleman. Can't say the same about others like Danish Kaneria and Kamran Akmal. Akmal laughed at least 10 times and spoke a few words. Kaneria was way too cocky. And Shoaib Malik was lost in his own little world.

Wow Hammad Azam got only 5th grade education! :O

And good on Fawad Alam with a Bachelors in commerce :)
Rest of them...lol

And what sort of education did they get?Most of them cant speak English properly! :20:

Last edited:
thekhan said:
Matric = Class/Grade 9 & 10 = High School

Intermediate = Class/Grade 11 & 12 = College in Pakistan for pre-engineering, pre-medical, pre-commerce, pre-arts' bachelor's programs/ these grades/classes are only considered high school in north america. Not college.

Matric = Secondary School Certificate (SSC)

Intermediate = Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC)

Super Sixer said:
Wow Hammad Azam got only 5th grade education! :O

And good on Fawad Alam with a Bachelors in commerce :)
Rest of them...lol

And what sort of education did they get?Most of them cant speak English properly! :20:

Poor Hammad has no connections in education board at the moment, once he will become a superstar, he will produce Bachelors or intermediate degree ( just like other superstars did).

ShehryarK said:

City School >beacan house.
just sayin...

Saeed Anwar and Rashid Latif got their Computer Engineer degree from NED, with my brother.

and good to hear that atleast one of the youngster is educated, Fawad Alam

Last edited:
amar1212 said:
City School >beacan house.
just sayin...
LOL...varies from branch to branch. But yes, now - that's probably true. However, wasn't true in the 80s (when CS didn't exist) or for much of the 90s.

I read in a magazine few years back that Mohammad Sami has a bachelors degree in engineering from Karachi university.

Nasir Jamshed was about to pass his 9th grade but he was caught cheating :)...According to him US and blackwater is involive in this lol

I wonder who is the most educated in the current Pakistan cricket team??

Well, you can get education by yourself. I went to 250, 300 Fees school all the way up to High School (12 grade) Govt funded. Here, in Germany, we have a couple of students from Beacon House, the only thing they are good at is speaking good English, when it comes to academic credentials I am not so sure about. I have far better grades than such students even my foundation was very weak coming from such **** poor schooling. However, what I understand is, one can educate himself or herself and kill ignorance by reading books but there must be some kind of curiosity as well on their part. Also, holding a degree does not mean anything if he or she still acts like a jerk. We have so many examples of such people in our society. Ikhlaq hai tu sub kuch hai

Last edited:
I wonder who is the most educated in the current Pakistan cricket team??

Shan Masood was studying Management and Sports Sciences at Loughborough University. Don’t know if his last year is still on hold or he completed his degree.

Ali Imran has completed his bachelors degree from Islamabad. He speaks very well and sounds very mature and educated.

Haris Rauf was studying at International Islamic University. (Initial stages but left studies)

Ehtesham Sultan was doing Doctor of Pharmacy at Hazara University.

Hafeez was a good student and did FSc Pre Engineering. He was about to start his Engineering degree before he quit for Cricket.

Umar Amin & Salman Butt have done A levels I guess.

Majority Pak Cricketers are matric or Under matric.

In Past Imran, Majid, Saeed Anwar, Rameez & Misbah were the educated Cricketers especially Saeed & Misbah.

Shan Masood was studying Management and Sports Sciences at Loughborough University. Don’t know if his last year is still on hold or he completed his degree.

Ali Imran has completed his bachelors degree from Islamabad. He speaks very well and sounds very mature and educated.

Haris Rauf was studying at International Islamic University. (Initial stages but left studies)

Hafeez was a good student and did FSc Pre Engineering. He was about to start his Engineering degree before he quit for Cricket.

In Past Imran, Majid, Saeed Anwar, Rameez & Misbah were the educated Cricketers especially Saeed & Misbah.

Thanks, brother MashaAllah you are like an encyclopaedia ��

Especially* Yes, because going to Oxford University means nothing :s And politics is a soft subject :s Hidden hatred of IK coming out :)

Sharjeel also had a bachelors degree from a Hyderabad university. Aizaz Cheema has done LLB.

Pakistani first ever captain A H Kardar was an Oxford graduate, supreme fast bowler fazal mehmood was alumni of Islamia college Lahore.
The most educated family in cricket termed as oxbridge family (Imran & Zakir from Oxford & Majid from Cambridge) besides their another relative javed burki was also highly qualified. Intikhab Alam, asif iqbal, zaheer mohsin amir Sohail, Junaid zia, bazid khan Haroon Rasheed etc etc.

Last edited:
Pakistani first ever captain A H Kardar was an Oxford graduate, supreme fast bowler fazal mehmood was alumni of Islamia college Lahore.
The most educated family in cricket termed as oxbridge family (Imran & Zakir from Oxford & Majid from Cambridge) besides their another relative javed burki was also highly qualified. Intikhab Alam, asif iqbal, zaheer mohsin amir Sohail, Junaid zia, bazid khan Haroon Rasheed etc etc.

JazaakAllah for the additions. Yes Imran Khan’s family was most educated. Majid Khan’s father Dr.Jahangir was PhD from Cambridge. Before partition he played a test for India and later he moved to Pakistan after Partition and became our Chief Selector aswell.

Any idea about formal education of Intikhab, Asif Iqbal, zaheer, Mohsin, Amir Sohail, Junaid Zia, Bazid & Haroon ?

Any idea what is Wasim, Waqar and Afridi's educational background?

Wasim I guess left education after 1st year, Waqar Younis joined Government College University Vehari but don’t know if he completed his Intermediate from there because he started playing under 19 Cricket. Afridi also Inter or left midway.

JazaakAllah for the additions. Yes Imran Khan’s family was most educated. Majid Khan’s father Dr.Jahangir was PhD from Cambridge. Before partition he played a test for India and later he moved to Pakistan after Partition and became our Chief Selector aswell.

Any idea about formal education of Intikhab, Asif Iqbal, zaheer, Mohsin, Amir Sohail, Junaid Zia, Bazid & Haroon ?

Sorry brother, wish I could help you as my major source was Akhbar e watan of Munir Hussain (late). Only those who have been through 80s & 90s of Pakistan cricket knows what the thing Akhbar e watan was. One can say that it was Pakistani version of wisden.

Also, from late 80s till early 90s Asif Iqbal used to write for dawn & Zaheer did the same job from 98-99 to I think 2006. In 2001 I have read his article namely Tendulkarizing cricket in which he said that Tendulkar will play the next 10 years anyway to cut it short we have had some good educated cricketers till mid 80s as it was supposed to be the games of elites only.

For Junaid zia he is the alumni of Lawrence college and now the CEO of a company naming sports max.

This is why Pakistan needs an educational emergency. The background of our players is embarrassing to say the least with most being completely illiterate. By this I do not mean their inability to speak or understand the English language.

This is why Pakistan needs an educational emergency. The background of our players is embarrassing to say the least with most being completely illiterate. By this I do not mean their inability to speak or understand the English language.

Most are from villages so obviously they're uneducated. Basic education is necessary.

Its weird to see national players getting stigmatized for not being educated enough. Life in itself teaches you a lot of things and you learn every second you live, granted you get the exposure to good people.

Education may be overrated in sports, but you have to understand that there is life after retirement also.

Cricket U15s and U18s programmes need to make education mandatory for all enrolled. Those who don't come through these routes are an exception but at least at the national level you need to the priorities right.

Most are from villages so obviously they're uneducated. Basic education is necessary.

Village education needs to be developed. Our players seem generally disinterested in education. I recall the late Bob Woolmer saying how one Muhammad Asif didn't even know the importance of hygiene. Such players represent Pakistan internationally!! Even many of our players who are from city backgrounds are illiterate.

When Pakistan toured Australia in 76-77, every team member with the exception of Miandad was alteast BA, (had Bachelor degree ). When a journalist asked Pakistan manager Shuja to comment on Austrian team for their on field bad behavior , he famously said " what do you expect from a team of uneducated players when they play against educated players like Pakistan team ".

Bump

Any new additions, heard Danish Aziz has masters in physical education.

Players need to be highly educated to be PCB chairman thats why right now Ramiz Raja is only choice coming through who knows modern cricket and has good education.

Other with good brains and education is Majid Khan but he is old school.

Zaheer Abbas has been ICC president so good option.

But nothing to choose from.

In future who can be candidates?

Heard Wahab Riaz has masters in Biotechnology.

Bump

Players need to be highly educated to be PCB chairman thats why right now Ramiz Raja is only choice coming through who knows modern cricket and has good education.

wow that's impressive. tbh cricketers don't have the time to indulge in popular education. Perhaps languages, history and Physical education would make more sense to be taught to them instead of regular courses

Bump

What’s the educational background of Kohli?

He is matric fail.

But he is shrewd and street smart. So is Rohit and many others

Educational background could be a factor and could play a role but for that to happen among cricketers in Pakistan, we MUST reintroduce highly organized cricket at school and college level.

If you do that, more n more educated cricketers will make their way to the national team.

Education needs to be a component of cricket all at levels. If a player wants to get into one of our feeder systems then they should be required to complete a minimum level of education and if they can’t maintain a minimum grade level then they get the boot.

Back