Educational backgrounds of Pakistani cricketers

You don't need a degree to be a successful sportsman. Most NBA, NFL, NHL players and the vast majority of footballers do not have a degree, some didn't even finish high school. What Pakistani players do need is to be well rounded and well spoken and you don't get that from a school system but by how your parents brought you up and your social circle, people mistake these personality traits for education.

You don't need a degree to be a successful sportsman. Most NBA, NFL, NHL players and the vast majority of footballers do not have a degree, some didn't even finish high school. What Pakistani players do need is to be well rounded and well spoken and you don't get that from a school system but by how your parents brought you up and your social circle, people mistake these personality traits for education.

A good schooling goes a long way in defining the future of an individual.
Majority who have attended a good school and finished around 16 years of age would be well spoken and shrewd. They may go different paths like sports people from then on but their formation years would have been at school.
So you cant discount impact of school, of course a bad school does the opposite too.

I would like to know what education Fawad Alam has and what kind of friends he sits with.

He is a role model and a brilliant case study of determination. He is like an institute.

Congratulations to Pakistan Women's cricketer Diana Baig for receiving a Bachelors degree in health and physical education, 16-20 badge. from the Lahore College for Women University

b01aca2f-29a1-4d24-be11-95e7d50e9e8a (1).jpg

^ Did Diana Baig also win gold medal aswell? The gold medal is given to the topper of the batch.

Wow respect to her

I think having good people around you is very important.

Management and guidance plays a huge part in a successful career.

Bump

Any new additions, heard Danish Aziz has masters in physical education.

Danish Aziz in his Talent Spotter interview for PakPassion "It was always a struggle to keep up with studies due to my commitments to cricket, but I didn’t give up on my education. I could not attend regular school so have continued my education in private and am currently enrolled in a Masters of Health and Physical Education program at Karachi University.

Pakistan cricket team’s talismanic wicketkeeper batsman and one of the nation’s most loved cricketers, Mohammad Rizwan has announced scholarship for up to 100,000 deserving students of Matric and Intermediate grades across Pakistan.

Earlier in the year, Rizwan after winning ICC’s ‘Men’s T20I Cricketer of the Year’ and PCB’s ‘Most Valuable Player’ awards, announced to become the Brand Ambassador of Abwaab.

Sharing his thoughts and motivation behind the scholarship, Rizwan said, “I dedicate this scholarship to my grandfather who played a key role in making me become what I am today. He always focused on my education and with this scholarship, we will be able to provide the highest quality education to 1 lakh students across Pakistan through Abwaab’s platform. Abwaab is a game changer and I am honored to be a part of this great journey.’’

Speaking on the occasion, Country Head Abwaab, Pakistan – Raja Ahmed Shuja said, “For the past one year, we have been building content tailored for the Pakistani students with a focus on making learning fun and engaging through our product which offers a gamified experience, allowing students to test themselves through the assessments engine and learn from bite-sized lessons. Students have been giving us extremely encouraging feedback and we intend to reach each and every corner of Pakistan. This partnership is the first step of doing that where we would be providing scholarships to 100,000 deserving students and thus starting the journey of unleashing the human potential of Pakistan.”

Abwaab is a learning app that has the largest lesson and question bank for Matric, Intermediate, Entry Tests and Cambridge curriculum, offering on-demand video lessons, book tests, practice exercises along with a gamified learning experience through Abwaab League.

Through strategic partnerships with developer, donors and the private sector, Abwaab aims to reach 10 lakh vulnerable children across the region with access to its online platform, impact initiative, EQUAL.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/2372940/rizwan-abwaab-on-a-mission-to-promote-education

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mohammad Hafeez has decided to continue with his education after enrolling for a degree at the University of Karachi’s Health, Physical Education and Sports Science department</p>— Saj Sadiq (@SajSadiqCricket) <a href="https://twitter.com/SajSadiqCricket/status/1621847104313229314?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 4, 2023</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Asad Shafiq also re-starting his education:

Pakistani batter Asad Shafiq is enrolling at the University of Karachi in the department of Health Physical Education and Sports Sciences (HPESS) — not long after former cricketer Mohammad Hafeez announced that he planned to continue his education.

"Shafiq will be a student of ** Third Year in the evening shift," an official statement issued by KU on Tuesday said.

On Monday, the test cricketer met HPESS Chairman Professor Dr Basit Ansari and the KU Vice Chancellor Professor Dr Khalid Mahmood Iraqi at the VC Secretariat.

During this meeting, Shafiq told the chairman and VC that he had been compelled to drop his education after his graduation due to his commitments to national duty and sports.

Now, however, he said was the best time for him to pursue higher studies, adding that he hoped other cricketers would also resume their educations in the near future.

The KU VC, in response, said that Shafiq's admission was a good sign and that there was a trend developing in the department as more sportsmen were joining the department to pursue their dreams and obtain their degrees.

"Not only department students but others too will learn from his [Shafiq] extensive experience. I am sure that it will be a pleasant surprise to see him [Shafiq] in the classroom for his classmates," he said.

The VC also said that KU was working to promote extra-curricular activities on the campus, besides providing the best academic and research facilities.

He mentioned that the University of Karachi had offered a 100% scholarship for sportsmen and sportswomen who had represented the country in international competitions.

TheNews

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen many "educated" people who behave like complete bimbos. I have also seen sharp people with no formal educations.

For a cricketer, it is mostly all about cricket skills.

Education should be humbling if you are not humbled by how much you don't know after completing your education then I don't think you're properly educated

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mohammad Hafeez has decided to continue with his education after enrolling for a degree at the University of Karachi’s Health, Physical Education and Sports Science department</p>— Saj Sadiq (@SajSadiqCricket) <a href="https://twitter.com/SajSadiqCricket/status/1621847104313229314?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 4, 2023</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Professor needs to make it official

Yes. Education is important. People should be educated.

Abre

But, a cricketer should be judged on cricket skills. Not education.

Agreed. But who is saying otherwise . However I would say education helps you manage your obstacles better if you are educated. The mental aspect of the game.

Pakistani superstar cricketer Shahid Khan Afridi faced controversy after a pro-Israel account on Instagram claimed he supported a "Friends of Israel" event in the UK on Wednesday.

It’s clear from Shahid Afridi’s response that he had no intention of endorsing any political stance. The incident seems to be a result of a misunderstanding. As a public figure, Afridi is often approached by fans for photos, and it’s not always possible to know the context in which these photos will be used. This incident is a prime example of the importance of digital literacy in today’s world.

Back