England U19 v Pakistan U19 | Tri -Nation | Sleaford, 5th August 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
After the game against Bangladesh turned into a bit of a "damp squib" :), Pakistan face a sterner test as they play the hosts of the tournament - England.

Whilst Pak bowlers made short work of the Bangladesh batsmen (145 AO) - the same could not be said of the Pak batsmen who were clearly struggling at 38/4 when rain intervened.

Last edited by a moderator:
It'll be interesting to see how the batsmen go.

After the game against Bangladesh turned into a bit of a "damp squib" :), Pakistan face a sterner test as they play the hosts of the tournament - England.

Whilst Pak bowlers made short work of the Bangladesh batsmen (145 AO) - the same could not be said of the Pak batsmen who were clearly struggling at 38/4 when rain intervened.

I hope that you've received my PM, thanks in advance.

I expect Pakistan to win seeing as this isn't England's strongest team. Most of the good players are playing for their counties instead of this tournament and the star batsman, who was in the squad, is injured.

I expect Pakistan to win seeing as this isn't England's strongest team. Most of the good players are playing for their counties instead of this tournament and the star batsman, who was in the squad, is injured.

Same With Pakistan, they are missing their biggest star batsman, Babar Azam, who will play for u23 instead. And a couple of other players are injured so no excuses for any team.

But England, bowling first in their own conditions, must be the favourites.

I don't know much about the U19s but in terms of rankings how do these two fare ?

Pakistan u19s 11/0 after 4.3 overs

20/0 after 7 overs.

Decent start.

So my fav upcoming bat Sami Aslam is already retired hurt...

In the other match between SL U19 and India U19 Vijay Zol scored 67 runs...

Hopefully it isn't a serious injury. He is the captain as well, so can't afford to lose him.

Last edited:

will be disappointed when you watch him bat looks like a Fawad Alam clone.

Should be looking at 250 +, with all wickets left, This Winslade guy looks good, really economical.

the score hasn't updated in a while, 65-1, 18 overs

will be disappointed when you watch him bat looks like a Fawad Alam clone.

+1000

couldn't have defined him better... exactly what i thought when i first saw him play.... his strike rate also tells the same story

112/1 after 26.4 overs

Good batting

How good is imam ul haq? Is he Inzi's nephew?

Quite talented, played well in Asia Cup some time ago, but didn't play well in the WC last year. And yes he is Inzi's nephew.

After a solid start they are showing some aggression, good to see.

Good to see Our Youngsters gaining up the momentum and building a good partnership after a slow and cautious start.

188/1 after 39 overs.

Imam ul Haq only 5 runs away from his century

This is how the national team should play. Once settled go long and increase your rate !

192/2 after 40 overs. Sami Aslam out after a good 60

A platform has been built nicely by Imam ANd Sami 192/2 after 40.. Now itz their Middle orders turn to make full use of this score for the rest of the overs.. hOpefuly They'll get to 280-290 odd In Sha Allah.

Pakistan Under-19s RR 4.80
Batting PP 40/1 (5.0) RR 8.00

Wow Bating Power play got them 40 runs with a loss of just 1 wicket.. Unlike our seniors who crawls with a score 26/3 or 20/1..etc..etc..

Cricinfo is not posting any updates. Do we know what's going on?

Certainly our so called seniors (Hafeez, Misbah, Afridi) are mentally very weak. And they destroy confidence of young guns before it was Umar akmal and It looks like Nasir is the victim. What a shame I sear to GOD what a shame. And what ****** me off is these chukl hats have all the power to choose the playing 11. Seriously PCB has no direction what so ever. I can bet now with these clowns (Hafeez, Misbah, Afridi) Pakistan can never win 2015 WC (mark my words)

Afridi is one who builds a youngsters confidence. He gives them loads of chances.

e.g. Shehzad in 2011. Shafiq in 2010. Irfan in 2010. Junaid in 2011. Umar Akmal from 2010-2011.

Afridi is one who builds a youngsters confidence. He gives them loads of chances.

e.g. Shehzad in 2011. Shafiq in 2010. Irfan in 2010. Junaid in 2011. Umar Akmal from 2010-2011.

Afridi gave confidence to Irfan in 2010 ???

Imam ul haq 100

Hope this kid can become like his uncle one day :inzi

and not like another Nephew :faisaliqbal

I couldn't agree more with your statement but it doesn't make him mentally strong, 9 out of 10 times he chokes in pressure situations/games

Good acceleration by Young guns

FArhan NAzir who is this lad :razzaq

bowled brilliantly in last match

Lols Farhan Nazir going crazy, 29 from 10 balls

yesterday, Bangali boys were all over our batsmen which made him say that Pakistani batting is pathetic n couldn't even stand minnows like bangladesh!! i told him bangladesh under 19 are not minnows but he would not listen....

Today that very "pathetic" batting line up took "big boys" to cleaners :yk

sometimes M_G overdoes it, not to look biased

Lols last 5 overs 57/1. Good old Pakistani batting

Another Afridi or Imran Nazir? Who is this 17 year old guy 40 runs in 18 balls...4 sixes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back