England v Sri Lanka 1st ODI ends in a tie

#GreenRoars

T20I Star
Runs
England Team
AD Hales, JJ Roy, JE Root, EJG Morgan*, JM Bairstow, JC Buttler†, MM Ali, CR Woakes, DJ Willey, AU Rashid, LE Plunkett

Sri Lanka Team

MDKJ Perera, MD Gunathilaka, BKG Mendis, LD Chandimal†, WU Tharanga, AD Mathews*, MD Shanaka, MF Maharoof, S Prasanna, N Pradeep, RAS Lakmal

Toss : England win and choose to bowl

Last edited:
Expecting England to replace the injured Stokes with Bairstow in the usual top 6 given his form and go in with 5 bowlers and Root. Id probably be looking at :

Roy
Hales
Root
Morgan
Buttler
Bairstow
Ali
Woakes
Willey
Jordan
Finn/Plunkett

England casually got a guy with 3 fc hundreds and 21 fc fifties down at 11 :D.

the match is a bit too late for me but excited to watch the highlights tomorrow of the new lankan super star seekuge prassana

Lol he had a minute to flick that. England have a rubbish LOI bowling lineup and an amazing batting lineup. We have to attack them for 50 overs consistently. Babar and Hafeez will do well Im sure. Gotta pick an aggressive opener.

God even I want to bat here in the power play. We should play an attacking and deep batting line up here.

Mathews needs to bat through. He's the key wicket. Plenty of power hitters around him.

England batting is long strong and powerful they can falter at times but should come good most of the times. Bowling line up needs a look in maybe 1 good fast bowler and improvement in Rashid will shape things better.

If this doesn't give Pakistan hope I don't know what will.

England looking very ropey.

England are surely gonna lose this, no way back it seems unless one of Morgan, Buttler and Moeen Ali gets a 100. Woakes and Willey can bat pretty well and Rashid and Plunkett can score 20s.

Shocking peformance from England batting line up. England LOI bowling isn't that great no way should have Sri Lanka got 286. England need to be more ruthless, they did well to get to the world t20 final but honestly there reaction and talk after the final were they were saying we happy we got to the final and didn't expect to get there sums up there mentality. They thrive too much in being the underdog the way there going in LO they won't be under dogs for much longer. Wouldn't be suprised if they chocked in next year champions trophy knockout games

Shocking peformance from England batting line up. England LOI bowling isn't that great no way should have Sri Lanka got 286. England need to be more ruthless, they did well to get to the world t20 final but honestly there reaction and talk after the final were they were saying we happy we got to the final and didn't expect to get there sums up there mentality. They thrive too much in being the underdog the way there going in LO they won't be under dogs for much longer. Wouldn't be suprised if they chocked in next year champions trophy knockout games

286 is still under par in my opinion on this pitch.

england's loi bowling isnt great ,, likely to concede big scores , if pak can cache in on dat , dat remains to b seen

I must say, this Lankan team has turned it around big time. Respect to Matthews and SL.

Morgan looking dangerous today. Welcome innings from his point of view, after his hopeless WT20 form with the bat.

Sadly enough, I don't have confidence in any of our batsmen to pull a Seekkuge Prasanna. From 120/4, we don't usually cross 210-220. :31:

Last edited:
This England lineup has incredible depth (all the way down to #11). Therefore, even at 4-down so early, they can keep scoring somewhat freely.

Sri Lanka's game to lose now. Even with England's depth in batting, this is a very tough ask.

Wow that was a big turn around by Lankan side. thinks having a two match series with Ireland done lot of good for them.

Back