England v West Indies | T20 WC Super8 | Oval |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzi

First Class Captain
Runs
England win the toss and bat first with just one change from the side that lost to India on Sunday, with Adil Rashid coming in for Dimitri Mascarenhas. The Windies will be without Fidel Edwards, who pulls out with a back injury, so Darren Sammy takes his place in the starting XI.

this game is virtually a quarter final, should be an interesting watch.

4 batsmen, a keeper and 6 bowlers?

I am not as confident as I was yesterday.

i think windies will feel the absense of fidel edwards here...

So will England bounce out WI as well or does that only work on the Indians?

I hope England win and go through ... we have a score to settle with them.

KP damaging WI. And he isn't even using unconventional means.

Bopara too hits a straight drive.

Whats with the England team jerseys. Pietersen was missing a G, Bopara missing an N, and Shah missing ENG.

match restarts after rtain delay. still 20 over match
England 138/5 (18.0/20 ov)
Collingwood last man out
England seven overs since last boundary
Last 5 ovs 33/2 RR 6.60

Last edited:
theres quite a bit of rain about, god im glad our game went off without a hitch :D

Seems England are depending alot on Bopara, KP and Shah to score most of the runs!

Broad ends with a 4 and a 6 off just 2 balls!

Eng 161/6 off 20 overs.

W.I need 162 to win in 20 overs.

Should be an intresting run chase!

Amjid Javed said:
W.I need 162 to win in 20 overs.

Should be an intresting run chase!

especially with the rain about! could get quite close this one

the rain settled there is very heavy stuff but satellite images show the clouds will start moving away after around 8ish, we could have the windies given a target for 5 - 10 overs perhaps.

t's all down to Duckworth and Lewis now. The rain has eased, but not enough and we need to get started by 8.40pm to see any result. If we don't, West Indies will progress to the semi-finals and England will be tossed out. However, if it's a five-over match, West Indies will chase 47. That's all we know for now.

from cricinfo

insaftak said:
t's all down to Duckworth and Lewis now. The rain has eased, but not enough and we need to get started by 8.40pm to see any result. If we don't, West Indies will progress to the semi-finals and England will be tossed out. However, if it's a five-over match, West Indies will chase 47. That's all we know for now.

from cricinfo

47 from 30 balls should be interesting

Too bad .. I think England would have gone through if it was a full 20 over match.

D/L will give advantage to the Windies.

Are you sure it is only 47 runs of 5 overs? that's to low considering they got 10 wickets in hand for such a low score they will easily make that it should be 55+

80 from 54 balls isnt easy by any means...and plus theres still rain about so west indies need to make sure they are ahead of the DL par at the end of each over.

Nine over game and target is 80 which is 8.8 runs per over.

That's pretty retarded considering England score at 8 runs per over for 20 overs.

D/L needs some rethinking !!!

This completely plays into the hands of the Windies.

They only have 4 decent batsman and that's about all they will need in 9 overs.

Yeah, D/L doesn't really work for T20.

Still, I don't think there's much between the Windies and England - neither of em' stood much chance of winning the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back